Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
SCG Regions in Seattle - they are setting up tables outside for matches... In Seattle. :aaaaa:

Edit - they squeezed in more tables in the entry way, but there are like 10-15 people that weren't included on the seatings. Player meeting was scheduled for 10, it's 11 now. : /

Dehtraen fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Nahiri confirmed as evil. Knew it.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Sickening posted:

429 for regionals in Dfw. This isn't at a convention hall.

I'm sorry.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

603 in Rhode Island. Ten rounds of Swiss, whoo!

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Angry Grimace posted:

Nahiri confirmed as evil. Knew it.

It's a red card, she's just emotional.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

ShadeofBlue posted:

It's a red card, she's just emotional.

She's probably about the whole "Let's use your home plane as a sacrificial lamb to bait some plane devouring monsters and then trap them here, inadvertently killing it slowly." thing.

Or Sorin hosed up major.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Hey guys I heard you liked Jace, Vryn's Prodigy, so we reprinted the Madness mechanic herr derrr

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
All of the flavor text and most of the names from that leak were fantastic, the return of madness makes me very happy, and this leak has made me more excited for SOI than I would be otherwise

In other words, patrick jarrett is full of poo poo, and spoilers can be really good

E:skulk is also good

And it turns out the pack was outright stolen from the printers, everyone involved has actually broken the law this time

Jen X fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 6, 2016

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I nearly choked on my gum.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
haha LSV named "Griselbrand Enraged" with pithing needle

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

LSV naming 'Griselbrand Enraged' with his Needle :allears:

e: also he beat the fast combo deck, TKS is just nuts

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
I'm super glad they jammed in a bunch of poo poo that's going to keep Vryn's Prodigy at 60+ dollars. I didn't want to play blue this season anyway...

OTOH the modern Eldrazi deck is fuckin' hateful and awesome so I have mixed emotions today.

Minority Deport
Mar 28, 2010

stinkles1112 posted:

I'm super glad they jammed in a bunch of poo poo that's going to keep Vryn's Prodigy at 60+ dollars. I didn't want to play blue this season anyway...

OTOH the modern Eldrazi deck is fuckin' hateful and awesome so I have mixed emotions today.

It's already at $72.54 TCG Mid. What was the record for in-standard card price? JTMS? Tarmogoyf?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I strongly suspect JVP will be in an event deck or something. They're presumably going to need some DFCs in those anyway.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I really don't know how you can argue Eldrazi isn't a ban target at this point. It's just busted having multiple Sol rings. poo poo, it might be a Legacy deck if you add in Ancient Tomb and City of Traitors...

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
I'm pretty sure the record for a card in Standard is JTMS at ~$100. Goyf didn't get that high until after it's time in T2.

I also agree that there's no way one of the Eldrazi lands doesn't eat a ban, and deservedly so. It's just totally over the top, and this is the first major showing. After some revisions and tuning that deck could easily be totally degenerate.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

What's this about an extra turns deck at the PT?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I want to see how it plays out for a bit, people were clearly wholly unprepared for CFB's aggro build. I don't want them killing off new powerful archetypes just because they're providing some challenges to the old ones

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

stinkles1112 posted:

How long before people are sick of the Eldrazi deck? A month? 2 weeks?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I want to see how it plays out for a bit, people were clearly wholly unprepared for CFB's aggro build. I don't want them killing off new powerful archetypes just because they're providing some challenges to the old ones

Yeah like calling for bans after not even like a month with the deck is stupid as heck

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

This, there'll be a fine line for this deck between really good and fun and unplayable dreck and banning one or both lands will chuck it way over into awful.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Is there some joke here that's going completely over my head?

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Wurzag posted:

What's this about an extra turns deck at the PT?

If it's the one I've seen before, it's a blue deck splashing green for ramp that runs all the take an extra turn cards and kills with part the waterveil and planar outburst lands.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

suicidesteve posted:

How long before people are sick of the Eldrazi deck? A month? 2 weeks?

Maybe people would be less sick of decks in Magic if every once in a while they played a little less Magic???

Chairman Pow!
Apr 23, 2010
I would like to see the Eldrazi against something besides the pure aggro decks. Maybe control has more answers for them than these aggro decks do.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Cynic Jester posted:

If it's the one I've seen before, it's a blue deck splashing green for ramp that runs all the take an extra turn cards and kills with part the waterveil and planar outburst lands.
It also runs a bunch of Howling Mine effects to make sure it can keep chaining Time Walks.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

C-Euro posted:

Is there some joke here that's going completely over my head?

I liked the eyes

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
Meh I'm not calling for a ban, I just think one is probably coming unless some folks can come up with good counter-strategies that aren't immediately apparent. Turn 2 Though-Knot is just so, so disgusting.

As for getting tired of it, definitely not. The colorless mana cost mechanic is one of my favorite in quite a while. I'm jamming Reality Smasher and Matter Reshaper into everything I can in Standard atm

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Just kill simian spirit guide like they probably should have done a while ago.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

We getting some previews today?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Snacksmaniac posted:

Yeah turn 1 Chalice isn't really a thing that should be able to happen in Modern

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Rinkles posted:

We getting some previews today?

Well there was the SoI booster that got sold on ebay and posted to imgur if that counts

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Calling Melissa De Tora a "Lady Player" and constantly mentioning her whenever 11-1 player Frank Lepore gets mentioned

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Snacksmaniac posted:

I've been in favor of this since forever.

Also the obvious answer to this Eldrazi deck is 4 main deck Disdainful Stroke.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Font of Mythos is great for Casual games. The group I play with got super happy when I started playing that with my aggro Infect Deck, because it gave them access to their removal options faster, but still allowed me to do crazy "Ok, I swing for 15+ Infect Flying Damage," plays. So, what are some other good cards like that, that tend to make everyone happy they are on the table?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Elyv posted:

Well there was the SoI booster that got sold on ebay and posted to imgur if that counts

Yeah saw that

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Snacksmaniac posted:

Wouldn't that harm some other decks too? Or was it mostly Bloom also running SSGs?

TheKingofSprings posted:

Yeah turn 1 Chalice isn't really a thing that should be able to happen in Modern

Also this too, TBH.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Turtlicious posted:

Font of Mythos is great for Casual games. The group I play with got super happy when I started playing that with my aggro Infect Deck, because it gave them access to their removal options faster, but still allowed me to do crazy "Ok, I swing for 15+ Infect Flying Damage," plays. So, what are some other good cards like that, that tend to make everyone happy they are on the table?

Necropotence.

C-Euro posted:

Wouldn't that harm some other decks too? Or was it mostly Bloom also running SSGs?

None of those decks are doing things that are good for the format.

Edit: The Eldrazi deck is probably the closest thing there is to a fair usage of Spirit Guides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
Brian David Marshall reminds me of a kid in the background of an Invader Zim episode.

• Locked thread