Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Dat motherfucking Gut Shot. :tviv:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
That was pretty gutsy top deck.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

LSV with the Gutshot top deck :allears:

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

We are cubeing at a friends house and we all went nuts over that. What a game.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

"Gut Shot now $20 TCG Mid"

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Fantastic game.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Count Bleck posted:

She's probably about the whole "Let's use your home plane as a sacrificial lamb to bait some plane devouring monsters and then trap them here, inadvertently killing it slowly." thing.

Or Sorin hosed up major.

IIRC, there was a time after the original imprisoning but before the big unleashing when there was like a minor breakout of the Eldrazi. Nahiri called Sorin and Ugin but neither one answered, so she took care of it herself. Afterwards she planeswalked to Innistrad to find Sorin and find out what happened to him. This is the last story about her, so something must have happened to her on Innistrad. She must have been trapped in the Helvault or otherwise detained, otherwise she surely would have returned to Zendikar when the Eldrazi were truly freed. That's probably why she's so angry: she was stuck on Innistrad while the Eldrazi ran rampant. You're corect too, she also was always very reluctant to imprison the Eldrazi on Zendikar.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
The best part is that the mics picked up the loving applause from way on the other side of the hall after he flipped the Gut Shot.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
Holy hell.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
finally LSV gets to be on the other side of bonfire.gif

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I hope every single deck in the top 8 is Eldrazi. Bring back Block Constructed

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
https://twitter.com/lsv/status/696081873827553280

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I hope every single deck in the top 8 is Eldrazi. Bring back Block Constructed

Same and agreed unironically, friend.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

That was a sick topdecked Gut Shot but what was it even doing in his deck?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNtTEibFvlQ

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Lets Pickle posted:

It kills Eldrazi Mimics, which makes it better than Chalice. Sideboard options against decks like Infect are pretty limited in mono-colorless.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

So does Livind End have a bad matchup in this entire PT? The Eldrazi decks aren't doing the processing thing anymore. Even Burn tends to be a lot more creature heavy than it used to be.

Edit: I guess Chalice on 0 is pretty bad.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Lets Pickle posted:

It was in his SB, and it does more than the worst cards in his MD.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Given the fact you goons love dumb ways of winning I'm legit surprised nobody posted this.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
Jesus I feel like I need a cigarette after that match. Going to go down as one of the great games of all time.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

gently caress gently caress gently caress I just missed it. Where do I go for the replay of that match?

Flash Gordon
May 8, 2006
Death To Ming

Chamale posted:

gently caress gently caress gently caress I just missed it. Where do I go for the replay of that match?

You can go to the live stream and go back about an hour to watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoYoYpidzIU

Or wait for them to upload it, I don't think the delay is too long usually.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Flash Gordon posted:

You can go to the live stream and go back about an hour to watch it.

I didn't know that was an option with Youtube streams. Thank you!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are there green or Colorless cards in Modern, that let you pull an artifact from your library and put it in your hand?

I have a spider type deck, and I want to get Door of Destinies out asap, along with font of mythos and descendants Path

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Feb 6, 2016

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Edit is not reply.

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014

Turtlicious posted:

Are there green or Colorless cards in Modern, that let you pull an artifact from your library and put it in your hand?

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=193437

off the top of my head.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Turtlicious posted:

I have a spider type deck, and I want to get Door of Destinies out asap, along with font of mythos and descendants Path

Skyship Weatherlight :getin:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

https://twitter.com/meddlingmage/status/696086791661752320

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
"ITS NOT A SIXTH COLOUR COS IT SAYS SO"

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Preeeetty sure Eldrazi don't give a poo poo about petty concepts such as a "color pie".

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

Count Bleck posted:

Given the fact you goons love dumb ways of winning I'm legit surprised nobody posted this.

I love lovely alt win conditions but Hedron Alignment is way too many hoops to jump through. Besides, Biovisionary did it first, and better.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

Preeeetty sure Eldrazi don't give a poo poo about petty concepts such as a "color pie".

Consume and corrupt the color pie.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I think we're working with Affinity 2.0

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The eldrazi have created their own pie.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
lsv lost his paired down match, though apparently he's still very likely to top 8

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Force Spike the Through the Breach. Eldrazi making GBS threads all over everyone else today.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

My tentacle monsters are bigger than yours.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

IT'S BEAUTIFUL

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
LSV and Paul are going to get paired in the last round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Saw SoI spoilers. Invasive Surgery is actually a legit eternal format sideboard card because it exiles the other copies even if it doesn't counter the original, besides being a strict upgrade over the already-sees-some-play Envelop.

OK that's my opinion.

• Locked thread