Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Would the ADC's pick up a Mortal Reminder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Calax posted:

Would the ADC's pick up a Mortal Reminder?

that item doesn't work on soraka heals, if that's what you're talking about

stump collector
May 28, 2007
a very solo queue ending to this exciting game

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Revive the extremely caught out Braum, sure.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

rabidsquid posted:

Might have been okay if CLG managed to escape while Immortals killed Braum a second time. Instead, WildTurtle decided to solo chase into the jungle and got two kills.

That feeling when you catch out the enemy ADC and can't kill him through the shields and heals. Felt a lot like the NRG game where CLG played well, traded kills, but then just got run over.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Soraka is a champion

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Adrian earned a Soraka ban.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
ADC Tank

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I like how Cho was pretty much doing his own thing during these teamfights, like in the river where he ran all the way down to nibble on Zilean.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Slowly, gently; this is how a life is taken.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Pobelter with the smug hugs

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Hypocrisy posted:

Might have been okay if CLG managed to escape while Immortals killed Braum a second time. Instead, WildTurtle decided to solo chase into the jungle and got two kills.

That feeling when you catch out the enemy ADC and can't kill him through the shields and heals.

Hoping that your opponent will send their entire team to kill a 25% support who can't do anything other than die in two hits to Nidalee is awfully optimistic.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Chogath victory! :toot:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Cho just devoured CLG

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

rabidsquid posted:

That was so dumb and they just got ran down by immortals after that

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

Hoping that your opponent will send their entire team to kill a 25% support who can't do anything other than die in two hits to Nidalee is awfully optimistic.

Well this IS clg

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

we give fenix a lot of crap for being a shitter but huhi taking it to another level

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Huhi played a pretty poor zil but I think the guy of the game goes to darshan for flashing under tower into 3 people because ???

stump collector
May 28, 2007
fenix is actually good while huhi is not

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Wildturtle is so good when he can afford to go front line and survive.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Calax posted:

I still think (and argued same many pages back) that Adrian is absolutely doing the support meta 100% correct right now and many other people should be imitating what he's doing. Janna/Soraka just give so much back line throughput to keep extended fights rolling.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

yeah, it also feels like that things were going well for clg and then darshan was a moron in bot and they basically never caught back up

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Adrian is running gold gen yellows, btw. Dude is really interesting.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Haha Pob is great

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Lord Ephraim posted:

Wildturtle is so good when he can afford to go front line and survive.

It's not that he's good, it's that his team is just as okay saying "gently caress it, LET'S DO THIS!" as he is.

This is the same stuff he did on TSM, but Lustboy would usually be off warding as Turtle died, while Adrian stands there like "Okie dokie neighboroonie!" and makes sure Turtle doesn't do the faceplant.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Libertine posted:

I still think (and argued same many pages back) that Adrian is absolutely doing the support meta 100% correct right now and many other people should be imitating what he's doing. Janna/Soraka just give so much back line throughput to keep extended fights rolling.

they seem to rely on those picks really heavily, i wanna see what happens when someone targets his champ pool

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Holy poo poo Huni's English got so much better.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
CLG was playing a decent game and was in a pretty good spot despite huhi wasting tp on cooldown till darshan got his entire team killed bot lane. Just my opinion.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Work Friend Keven posted:

Huhi played a pretty poor zil but I think the guy of the game goes to darshan for flashing under tower into 3 people because ???

WildTurtle gets to do it, why not him?

rabidsquid posted:

A lot of teams tend to play super conservatively. I bet TSM would have taken the sure kill.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Libertine posted:

It doesn't hurt that Janna and Soraka are also really good at keeping an aggressive ADC alive.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Lovechop posted:

they seem to rely on those picks really heavily, i wanna see what happens when someone targets his champ pool

I think it might actually be worse to target him because then IMT would get a ton of power picks and he'd probably just swap to Alistar or something. Maybe Nami!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Libertine posted:

I think it might actually be worse to target him because then IMT would get a ton of power picks and he'd probably just swap to Alistar or something. Maybe Nami!

there's a lot of supports playing a bunch of nami right now iirc in soloqueue. She seems to have all the same problems that she used to have though idk

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Calax posted:

rabidsquid posted:

Adrian is running gold gen yellows, btw. Dude is really interesting.

How did these posts from last Summer Split get eaten up by the forums and spit out into this thread?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Hypocrisy posted:

WildTurtle gets to do it, why not him?

A lot of teams tend to play super conservatively. I bet TSM would have taken the sure kill.

Hoping the enemy team sees you blow the most important team fight skill cool down and goes "better back away conservatively" is not a winning play against anyone.

Lovechop posted:

During the latter part of summer split people were talking up Adrian after he got benched, because he's a good support at a lot of things. He's afaik still the highest warding support, but he almost always wards defensively. I think to attack IMT you have to try to gain jungle control and see how Adrian and Reignover work together when you're warding aggressively and in their jungle.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

there's a lot of supports playing a bunch of nami right now iirc in soloqueue. She seems to have all the same problems that she used to have though idk

i think she's good against specific comps but everyone likes to run high mobility bruisers and adcarries now and nami isn't too good against them

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Time to see if TSM can get a kill.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Space Flower posted:

How did these posts from last Summer Split get eaten up by the forums and spit out into this thread?

Because Adrian didn't play Soraka but twice in last summer (Hell, during the playoffs and/or gauntlet no?)

The real problem with CLG's draft was that Ryze.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Ryze is only as good as the player playing him and people wasting bans on it when you could sweep through and ban something like poppy/graves/corki/alistair/etc etc are dumb

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
And instant Poppy lock-in, whee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

4 of the highest power champs in the game and a fwiggin syndra.

• Locked thread