Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
That poo poo is laaaaame I want my ostsol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

drat, super tempted to start logging this one guy I've got on Steam who sends me at least 20 messages a day with no prompting yelling about nascar, lights, getting insta-cored while his shots do nothing, their team running away, and on and on.

I really wanna ask, "Are you only tier 2 via attrition?", so fear not bad goons you too can mindlessly grind your way to epeen and endless sorrow.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Can we skip to 3065 so I can have an Uziel? Thanks.

EDIT: Hell, just 3053 so i can buy a Bushwacker.

Devorum fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Feb 6, 2016

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I'm gonna scream if I have to play one of the polar maps again

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

hemale in pain posted:

If you play in the morning literally no one will pick polar or alpine and it will be brawl after brawl. Play in the afternoon or evening and it's polar constantly.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

A time skip is pretty unavoidable. They're really going to run out of mech designs soon, and some new tech/weapons to shake things up would be nice
Also, IS omnimechs.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

hemale in pain posted:

Ill join in if i see one more 2xLrm20 Atlas with Tag and a single large laser....

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Devorum posted:

Can we skip to 3065 so I can have an Uziel? Thanks.

EDIT: Hell, just 3053 so i can buy a Bushwacker.

:getin:

Unboxing Day
Nov 4, 2003

Is there any interest in a Steam group?

I just created one here: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/mwo-goons , not sure how to handle invites...maybe just PM me or post your steam account in the thread?

Unboxing Day fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Feb 7, 2016

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I'd just open it to the public. There's nothing in this game (besides the valuable coffers :black101:) worth stealing or spying on, so all this security is unnecessary.

Unboxing Day
Nov 4, 2003

Anita Dickinme posted:

I'd just open it to the public.

Done and Done.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Anita Dickinme posted:

I'd just open it to the public. There's nothing in this game (besides the valuable coffers :black101:) worth stealing or spying on, so all this security is unnecessary.

Some hot OPSEC action going on in the WoL unit chat.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Ill join in if i see one more 2xLrm20 Atlas with Tag and a single large laser....

What about an Atlas with 2xLRM15s, 2 MGs and 4 small lasers?

As soon as I saw that loadout all hopes at winning that match died.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Or the one I posted a few weeks ago that was a pair of LRM15s (I believe) and a pair of medium lasers. All the firepower of a midrange medium mech, with none of the pesky manuverability!

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Anita Dickinme posted:

Speaking of this, is there any reason mumble info isn't in the op?

I recall you saying offhand you were asked not to put it there, but is it that really a necessary thing anymore? I'm assuming it was leftover opsec from eve days and not the server owner going 'don't poo poo up the server because my bandwidth', anyway.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

TheParadigm posted:

I recall you saying offhand you were asked not to put it there, but is it that really a necessary thing anymore? I'm assuming it was leftover opsec from eve days and not the server owner going 'don't poo poo up the server because my bandwidth', anyway.

No reason to have it in the OP anyways. If you're in WoL or GIRL, you can just read the motd or just ask anyone for it. Who reads OPs anymore anyways.

WoL definitely had its mojo on tonight. We ran about 5-6 matches. 2 Ghost drops, 3 vs IS and 1 vs Clan. All wins. Had a great yell boss, everyone listened, everyone had fun. Run CW with goons, look at pictures of lizards, talk about butt chugging beer and have a great time.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
We should petition PGI to put the Helios mech in the game. For reasons.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
CW is a good money maker

[edit] But I am a lousy yell boss

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

ZombyDog posted:

CW is a good money maker

thanks for the mechbays nerds

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
I witnessed a timberwolf losing to the 1 erLL,4 MG spider tonight. Timberwolf had some combo of med/large pulses with 2 LRM20s, chased after a spider for what should have been an easy kill. Spider managed to pop whereever the LRM ammo was cause timberwolf winded up with 2 medium pulses shortly.

Alittle guy pretty much ran around the timber for about 30 seconds chipping him down.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

can anyone recommend me some baby's first clan dropdeck?
I have 2 stormcrows, 1 hellbringer, 2 cheetas, 1 kit fox to work with.

On a related subject, what clan is GIRL currently with? Jade falcon still, or doing grand clan tour for bays??

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

ZombyDog posted:

CW is a good money maker

Too bad we had pubbies when we did that one drop against clanners. Could've farmed a ton of cbills in my Wubhammer :smith:

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

TheParadigm posted:

On a related subject, what clan is GIRL currently with? Jade falcon still, or doing grand clan tour for bays??

i haven't cw'd in a while, but pretty sure you can fit all your heaviest mechs on your deck. hellbringer, 2 crows and a cheater.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

TheParadigm posted:

GIRL is touring the same factions that WOL is, in order to boost CW #s.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Drakes posted:

I witnessed a timberwolf losing to the 1 erLL,4 MG spider tonight. Timberwolf had some combo of med/large pulses with 2 LRM20s, chased after a spider for what should have been an easy kill. Spider managed to pop whereever the LRM ammo was cause timberwolf winded up with 2 medium pulses shortly.

Alittle guy pretty much ran around the timber for about 30 seconds chipping him down.

Timberwolves have abysmal torso yaw speeds, their twist speed is about as fast as an Atlas so they're pretty vulnerable to lights if they're piloted by bads.

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012
Accidental Stalker Lance, best lance:

Solo dropping for quick matches, ended up with 3 Misery/1 5M together. In addition to being cute, it was an interesting example of the fascinating group psychology of pub teams. All you need sometimes is one little nudge to get everyone to at least not wander off and die alone. In this case, our lance stuck together very well and formed a nucleus that the rest of the team seemed to rally around.

It led to some nice drama, including the climax of the match where we ran head-on into the main clump of enemies and drove them back through a tunnel. They were nice enough to stage a fighting retreat instead of just running away which really gave the whole thing the proper action-movie tone. Good stuff.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

TheParadigm posted:

I think it was more of a "it's a goon server meant for goons which may be an opsec server at some point in the future so try to keep pubbies from making GBS threads it up" more than an actual opsec thing, which I completely understand.

TheParadigm posted:

What AoD said. We'll eventually get around to touring the clans and then back to CJF, as it should be, for a while.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.
The mumble isn't OpSec at all, the server owner just asked that the login not be straight up openly public so random pubs can't be annoying and login and eat bandwidth, because that's a hassle for him. If this were a PGS thread Im sure it wouldn't be an issue.

Devorum posted:

Like if you see a delicious cake, and take a huge bite and it turns out that what you thought was buttercream icing was actually sulfur flavored sour cream.

And then one day when you are older and wiser you realize the superior choice was there all along: Cream cheese frosting.

But yeah, sorry, I misunderstood what you were asking.

PPCs look awesome and if they weren't so adherent to TT maybe we could see something interesting happen.

Sharks Dont Sleep fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 7, 2016

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Do i just ask here for an invite to the goon group? I'm nonesuch in-game and i'm a eurogoon if that makes any difference what unit to join

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

hemale in pain posted:

Do i just ask here for an invite to the goon group? I'm nonesuch in-game and i'm a eurogoon if that makes any difference what unit to join

Post your ingame name and someone will sort it out. If you would prefer WoL who are primarily IS or GIRL who are primarily Clan, please state a preference but really it doesn't matter and we all use the same mumble and drop together all the time. It's more a whimsical "if we really did Clan Wars and if that was really a thing" issue (It isn't.).

Edit: I'm drunk, I thought you meant nonesuch as like... gently caress I don't know, that it doesn't matter and not that it was actually your ingame name.

Sharks Dont Sleep fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Feb 7, 2016

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Im starting to hate River CIty more than Highlands... both teams go into sniping-position, first team to move loses.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I'll join girls because i'm beautiful

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

Edit: I'm drunk, I thought you meant nonesuch as like... gently caress I don't know, that it doesn't matter and not that it was actually your ingame name.

i'm named after mincemeat. It's fitting for mechwarrior! ( i always forget it means something else)

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I want to play with you guys since you're CWing, but :xcom:.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Im starting to hate River CIty more than Highlands... both teams go into sniping-position, first team to move loses.

Go through D4 (bridge area) smash enemy team in violent brawl.

Never go near the citadel

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Yeah, with a dad or two you can just barrel over/under the bridge and brawl the poo poo out of the other team.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Anyone else notice the servers running particularly lovely today? Seems like I am getting stuck at "connecting" an awful lot.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

When can we get Optimus Prime... I mean the Grand Titan.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Internet Explorer posted:

Anyone else notice the servers running particularly lovely today? Seems like I am getting stuck at "connecting" an awful lot.

I occasionally go from having a ping around 30 to between 1300 and 2000. I've seen a few others with the problem, as well. I don't know if their servers are just creaking under the weekend strain, but it's make the game very hard to play.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Sputty posted:

Honestly, 5 MPLs on a 50 tonner is pretty terrible for damage, a firestarter can run that build while running at 150kph, and the limited hardpoints are really forcing you to shove LPLs in it so you probably have to go into an XL on the crab for that reason alone.

A STD Crab's poor damage output is tempered by the fact it's stupidly hard to kill and won't stop doing damage until it's actually dead. That's its entire schtick; maybe not optimal, but it's loving fun.

Remember when CN9-As were the king poo poo of zombie mountain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
I swapped out my crab's XL for a standard and my survivability seems about the same tbh. I think it's because the side profile of the center torso is so large and I keep trying to torso twist to spread out damage which instead just focuses all the damage in my large crab nose.

• Locked thread