Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which sister is best
This poll is closed.
sakura 11 6.96%
hinoka 21 13.29%
camilla 42 26.58%
elise 15 9.49%
im gay (in a nonironic sense) 69 43.67%
Total: 158 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

littleorv posted:

Fire Emblem

I want it. I want it real bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Red Minjo posted:

Sid Meier's Pirates was a fun game.

I liked it decently enough, it got too repetitive for me to really get into it.

The original NES version doesn't get anywhere near the credit it's due though, it managed to pull off a hell of a game considering it was working with a few MB of data and 20+ year old technology.

I also think Rebel Galaxy took the right approach by trying to be something different in the space sim genre, though my short attention span meant I didn't spend much time with it. Big ol' broadsides are always fun anyway, it was fun to see that outside of naval combat and it controlled better than I expected.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i stopped caring about games journalism when gamespot gave twilight princess an 8.8

i knew then they could no longer be trusted

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

i stopped caring about games journalism when gamespot gave twilight princess an 8.8

yeah, that game's a 7 at best

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

the music is really super duper good and the game is very nice looking

controlling the ships is fun

thats all i ask for, so sold

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I stopped caring about games journalism when they stopped including so many cool pieces of games-related artwork like Nintendo power used to do.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Endorph posted:

yeah, that game's a 7 at best

I used to think TP was just the bomb, but that is not exactly my opinion of it now.

The only fun I really had with the game toward the end was riding around Hyrule Field trying to pick off as many monsters I could with the bow before I ran out.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I acknowledge TP's flaws, but I still like the game because it does some cool things and the setting worked for me, though I can understand why it wouldn't for others.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i sometimes read the headlines on gematsu

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chumbler posted:

I acknowledge TP's flaws, but I still like the game because it does some cool things and the setting worked for me, though I can understand why it wouldn't for others.

i actually know what numbers mean, so 7/10 is still 'above average'

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

That's 9/10 actually.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

chumbler posted:

Things that would have made TP better: ability to refight the spinner boss.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Red Minjo posted:

Things that would have made TP better: ability to refight the spinner boss.

A truer statement has never been said. One of the best bosses in the whole series.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Things that would have made TP better: better plot setup for Midna to reappear in future installments

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

tp made me realize i don't care for zelda

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Endorph posted:

Game reviews go on the same system of grading school does, so 7 is like a C and everything 5 and below are various degrees of failing

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Davincie posted:

tp made me realize i don't care for zelda

Same but Skyward Sword

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

DoubleDonut posted:

I've been playing Live a Live lately and I came across these

Maki as best character Sundown I approve.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Thing that would have made TP better: not have the music sound really bad. There's something about the way the music was recorded that made all the songs sound really damp, for lack of a better word.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I I stopped following game's journalism when I realized the only articles I bothered to read was basically Siloconera's stuff.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I looked at the screenshots for Twilight Princess HD and it looks loving awful

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Instead of dank memes, damp memes

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Cake Attack posted:

Some of my favorite games are 6/10. Now I'd argue they actually deserve that 6, but they do something interesting enough that I can overlook their flaws.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

littleorv posted:

wet mememes

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

games

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

I stopped following games journalism when the GFW podcast ended.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

littleorv posted:

I thought thirst was banned

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
For years Twilight Princess was one of the only two Zelda games I ever bothered to beat.

It's still one of the only three I've ever bothered to beat.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

I'll say.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Endorph posted:

I'd argue the numbers don't mean anything at all; there's no unit of measurement to represent intrinsic value because the only point to using numbers is for the sake of comparing the data.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

I wish I could find the clip from that show Today where Matt Lauer talks about how life-like and realistic the graphics are on this soon-to-be-released video game console, the Playstation 2.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

writing about games

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

graphics upgrades used to be way more impressive

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

I wish I could find the clip from that show Today where Matt Lauer talks about how life-like and realistic the graphics are on this soon-to-be-released video game console, the Playstation 2.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

nextgen was a good magazine

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I can't believe it's an actual in-game screenshot

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I still remember the whole "Saddam Hussein is going to use PS2s to launch missiles".

Talk about another world in comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

El Burbo posted:

I looked at the screenshots for Twilight Princess HD and it looks loving awful

i went and sold my copy of twilight princess to gamestop because i looked it up and they were still giving you like 25 bucks for it, and then we both slowly looked over at the tv running an ad for twilight princess hd as he handed me my money

• Locked thread