Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

For someone who hasn't really paid attention since the Decimator came out, what do these things mean?

Brobots = Two IG-2000 ships with a bunch of upgrades
Thug life = 4 Syndicate Thugs Y-Wings with Unhinged Astromech and Twin Laser Turret
Vader zeta leader and whisper = Vader=Vader, Zeta Leader is a TIE/FO (from the new movie) who effectively has an area version of the Wingman talent built in (that also works on himself). Whisper is a Phantom pilot.
Roark Garnett with TLT and 3 blue squadron t70s with r5 and IA = A HWK-290, with Twin Laser Turretn. Three T-70 (from the new movie) generic x-wings with R5 Astrromechs and Integrated Astromech, an X-Wing only mod that lets you ditch a magic trash can robot to discard a damage card dealt.

Now that I look at it perhaps the biggest surprise was that nowhere in all 23 entries was Fel represented, aside from my little diorama at the pilot registration table:

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Feb 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I played in a store champs today, babbys first tournament. I ran regen Poe, regen Corran, and A Wing prototype pilot. There were 45 players!

First round the guy was a new player with borrowed ships, with Boba Fett and Bossk with Mangler and Merc copilot. Corran got splashed a little early, but I popped Bossk and was one more damage on Boba away from scoring points on him. Lost on points.

Second guy was my pal running Chewbacca with Lando and gunner, and the Eadon Vrill in a YT2400 no title, HLC and tactician. (List is names Tighty YTs :haw:) My ships got split up in the asteroids and he focused em down. I scored some points for the YT though.

Third guy had scum Boba with VI and Kath, both with engine upgrades. Traded Boba for Poe, then went to time and won on points. Kath is a really nasty ship to pursue, rolling 5 dice at range 1 out the rear arc. Big ships boosting is a huge pain.

Fourth guy had a list that totally squashed me. Wampa, Omega Leader and the PS4 TIE/fo with comm relay/juke on the FOs and stealth devices on all 3. Also, palpmobile. Wampa with palpatine is so, so nasty. Wampa has to roll but one die to have Palpatine change to hit and slide a damage right under your shields. Wampa needs to just shoot at Corran twice while Palpatine is alive to kill him. That was a really great list, because, OK, you don't want to leave O Leader til the end, but you don't want to eat a damage card every time Wampa shoots either. Shuttle is hardy enough to survive 2 rounds of great shooting, and 3-4 rounds of OK shooting, so you can't dish the wampa/Palpatine synergy right away.
I felt so helpless against the power of the dark side :(
A Wing blocked like a champ though, and one turn blocked/bumped 3 of the other guy's ships :haw:

Last guy had a BTL stressbot Y Wing with TLT, Poe with VI/R5-P9/autothrusters, and Red Ace with R2D2 and comm relay. I am pretty proud of my performance on this match, and I sent Corran straight for the Y Wing and boosted/rolled into range one and got a gnarly doubletap in with a lucky crit that had him draw an extra crit. I boxed in his Poe and blasted him with my Poe thanks to the A Wing blocking Red Ace (who his Poe then bumped). Won that one 100 to 0, and the fun police never got to pull a triple stress :colbert:

Got a charity Poe alt art and missed the cutoff for a top 32 C3PO by two spaces. Some dude kept sneaking these awful, super nasty farts that made me want to barf. Also, there was :siren:a girl:siren: playing in the tournament. She flew 3Ks with TLTs and placed pretty highly (and trounced my pal's Tighty YTs list)

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

I flew wangs today for the first time!

First game was against a Vader/Whisper/OL, I had Carnor, Tetran, and two FO TIE's. Game was pretty good and ended up with Vader with 1 hull vs Tetran with 1 hull. We went in circles for a bit before I fly directly into an asteroid.

Second game was against someone just in town for training so he borrowed my Imperial ships and I tried a Poe/Keyand Farlander B Wing/Jake Farrel A Wing. I did ok but later found I was using Poe +BB-8 wrong and made a few mistakes with the build (Farlander does not need a Targeting Computer <.<). Still had fun even my wangs blew up.

I also hit up 4 different stores today looking for a TIE Interceptor. Found literally everything else in the game except for that. Off to Amazon I guess.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Does the R3-A2 ability work twice with TLT?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You only declare your target once with TLT, Sso R3-A2 only triggers once.

Tactician works with each shot.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Once with TLT itself, but if you have the title on a Y-Wing it will get you two stress of you use the title ability.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I was loving around and came up with this list. Let me know what you think. It's all pretty standard stuff but it seems like a pretty powerful combination:

Wedge Antilles (36)
R2-D2 (4)
Predator (3)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Poe Dameron (39)
R5-P9 (3)
Predator (3)
Autothrusters (2)

Gold Squadron Pilot (25)
BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)
R3-A2 (2)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)

Predator and regeneration in offensive players seems like a pretty logical counter for concentrated fire against swarms with TLT, while the stress hog has all the obvious benefits. Thoughts?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I call this build Crazy Han because it's really loving stupid but i'm going to try it.

Han Solo (46)
Expose (4)
Kyle Katarn (3)
Nien Nunb (1)
Experimental Interface (3)
Millennium Falcon (1)

Corran Horn (35)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
R2-D2 (4)

Total: 100

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009
I won my store tournament today. I can confirm that WOP is the best list. I believe this is because it has a rad theme song.

WOP WOP WOP posted:

"Whisper" with Veteran Instincts, Fire-Control System, Agent Kallus, Advanced Cloaking Device
"Omega Leader" with Juke, Comm Relay, Stealth Device
Omicron Group Pilot with Emperor Palpatine
This is admittedly really close to what guts and bolts ran, but I thought of this on my own around the same time. (And, admittedly, so did a lot of other people. The synergy is pretty obvious, I guess.) Also, where he runs it because he likes winning or something, I run it because I sympathize with the Empire and can only get off when my Fascist inspired toys make Rebel players upset. :colbert:

First round was against a VI Regen Poe, Jake with Prockets, and Kyle with Moldy Crow and TLT. I actually practiced against this last night and beat the dude by the skin of my teeth, so I was really not looking forward to the list. The first time we closed to range, I misjudged where Jake would end up and had him with Poe at range 1 of Whisper. I was pretty sure I was going to get my lunch money taken. However, Kallus and the Emperor helped me soak all of Poe's fire and my shots back into Jake smoked him so hard that he had to burn his focus instead of shooting the Prockets. After that, I broke free and the game was mine from there - Whisper sniped Kyle as he ran at range 3, Omega sat on Kyle and made my opponent rage as his stacked tokens remained unused, and the Shuttle bumbled around. I lost Whisper to Poe after flubbing dice at a range 1 engagement, but made up for it be immediately finishing of Poe for the win from a range 1 Shuttle and Omega. 100-55.

Second round was against Brobots. Dude had B and D, HLCs, VI, Autothrusters, FCS, and Glitterstim. I was really not looking forward to dodging HLC shoots multiple times, but that never ended up being a concern. I deployed the Shuttle in one corner, he deployed centrally, and I put the aces in the other corner. I showed him the side of my Shuttle and baited him into barreling into it. He chewed it up pretty bad, but it wasn't worth Omega and Whisper plowing into the side of IG-88D and dropping it to a single hull in one round. That ship got polished off next round, and the rest of the game was me slowly gliding the Shuttle away - until it got no-scoped at range 3 - while Omega and Whisper danced around the other Aggressor and tore it apart. 100-29

Third round was... VI Regen Poe with Kyle again! I was really dreading this because it was, in my mind, a worse build to encounter. (Same Poe, but Blaster Turret on Kyle and Red Ace with Comms and R2D2 instead of Jake.) Very tanky. I screwed myself by bumping Whisper into the Shuttle early, but thankfully only Poe had arc at range 2. Lost my shields, but recovered well enough. Took an eternity to chew through Red Ace, who I picked as the first to die - Whisper would strip shields, but Omega couldn't finish the job even with using Palp for crits. Red Ace would move, Whisper would have to eat another shield and a stored evade, and Omega... would drop him to 1. He did eventually bite it, and then I smoked Kyle hard. Poe couldn't stop bumping things and often only had decent shots on the shuttle, and I eventually got behind him with Whisper and Omega. Dude could have boosted out of arc, but took a focus instead. Immediately regretted it, unfortunately. 100-14

Final round was against my close friend who swapped from his own Brobot list to VI Corran Horn and Super Dash (with Mangler) the night before. I was really sweating this game, since I've had VI Corran wreck my poo poo hard before. However, my buddy hasn't played Super Dash enough and ended up boxed in really early while Corran came in from the opposite end of the board to try and flank a little too late. Dash died without doing more than a shied in damage because of the bumps. Corran immediately avenged him by ripping Omega Leader in half. Things immediately got tense - I was counting on Omega as the best counter to Corran, since it rendered his FCS moot. On his end, he was down to one ship. We jockeyed for position, I lost a shield at range 2 but stripped all his shields in exchange.

This, uh, is where things got bad. See, he didn't have any regen droid on Corran - he was tight on points, and ended up using a R7 Astromech. Made sense at the time, since he shoots first, gets FCS, flips back hits if he needs to. I decided I could risk the direct hit since he was shieldless, and went for a joust. He fired at range 1, scored four hits. Kallus, Palp, evade token, and I lost only a shield. I throw five dice and get four hits and a crit. This is literally the perfect situation for R7. He makes me throw again.

I throw three hits and two crits. That was that.

Had a great time. I love how chill the community is, and all my opponents were awesome dudes. WOP is an awesome list, though you do have to be aggressive with the Shuttle at times to get full use from it.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

I'm glad my theme is catching on :3:

Yorr is worth dropping the Stealth Device from Omega Leader, by the by; being able to freely absorb stress from Whisper and OLeader is hecka cool, yo.

Played some Heroes of the Aturi Cluster tonight, and I can confirm it's fun. My plan is to stay in the X-Wing forever; to that end I bought two Shield Upgrades and Opportunist, with plans to buy Keyan Farlander's pilot ability, Jake Farrell's pilot ability, and Wedge Antilles's pilot ability. The thinking is that my X-Wing can just go toe-to-toe with whatever the campaign throws at us with some help from an A-Wing to run interference, which frees up the other three pilots to either help on fighters or accomplish objectives. Like 80% of the fun of the campaign is just coming up with broken combos to use, and being able to Focus>Boost, then Opportunist+Keyan while reducing green dice by 1 and keeping the Focus for defense, while having 6 shields and a built-in Integrated Astromech... is pretty broken. I think we get there.

guts and bolts fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Feb 7, 2016

nyxnyxnyx
Jun 24, 2013

Ze Pollack posted:

honestly the K Wing ends up looking a lot better once you get rid of the red paint scheme. you replace it with a dark blue and suddenly it looks kind of reasonable.

I was told that there were some universally useful upgrades in there, and that my FLGS had spotty stock levels of those ships. Anyway, looking forward to trying out and learning the game!

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

nyxnyxnyx posted:

I was told that there were some universally useful upgrades in there, and that my FLGS had spotty stock levels of those ships. Anyway, looking forward to trying out and learning the game!

One of the K-wing pilots is a really potent regenerator ace and twin laser turret is the best turret slot weapon out there. It's definitely worth snagging one.

nyxnyxnyx
Jun 24, 2013

Panzeh posted:

One of the K-wing pilots is a really potent regenerator ace and twin laser turret is the best turret slot weapon out there. It's definitely worth snagging one.

Yeah I know TLT's good when so many people complain about it =p How useful is the StarViper pack? Just good for Autothrusters?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

nyxnyxnyx posted:

Yeah I know TLT's good when so many people complain about it =p How useful is the StarViper pack? Just good for Autothrusters?

Xizor might be the best scum arc dodger but he's not that good at it and building him up will require some upgrade cards from outside that pack.

Otherwise, yeah, it's autothrusters.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I saw my favorite painted ship today, the Chick-Fil-A shuttle. Graffiti reads "YUB YUB", "EAT MOR MYNOK" and "STAR WARZ" on the other wing.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.
Only problem is you're not allowed to use that ship if you're playing someone else from the same faction

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
So, I ended up winning a store championship today. I went into it not caring if I won or lost, I just wanted the alt art C3P0 for showing up, and then somehow ending up winning the whole thing. I was actually really happy there was a really diverse group of lists, and not just a bunch of netlisted stuff. I flew this:

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Stealth Device (3)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

"Howlrunner" (18)
Swarm Tactics (2)

Black Squadron Pilot (14)
Crack Shot (1)

Crack Shot (1)

Crack Shot (1)

Total: 100

I made it specifically to fight stress and regen builds, and the two I fought (one in the top four) I completely demolished. I also fought the WOP list everyone is talking about, and beat it pretty easily too. The toughest fight was against a Wampa, Soontir, and a Patrol decimator with Palpy and Vader. Wampa scared the poo poo out of me so I crackshotted him out of existence in one round before he could attack, and my opponent ended up suiciding his Decimator to take out my Soontir. It was my only loss, but my MOV was so high it didn't matter.

enigmahfc fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Feb 7, 2016

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

Only problem is you're not allowed to use that ship if you're playing someone else from the same faction

What?

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

I don't know why that would be. You're allowed to play against players with the same faction (called "mirror matches" in the rules ) at events.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I think it's a joke about how the cows look after each other, and would rather you only eat chicken/mynock

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
I'm pretty sure that was a crack at chick-fil-a's known anti-gay stance. If it wasn't, it should've been lol

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

New goal: collect enough challenge coins to use as shield markers.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

More detailed Breakdown!

Top 8 Builds
(1) Scum and Villainy (4x Syndicate Thug with Twin Laser Turret and Unhinged Astromech)
(2) Galactic Empire (Darth Vader with Engine Upgrade, x1 Title, ATC, and Veteran Instincts. "Whisper" with Advanced Cloaking Device, Agent Kallus, and Veteran Instincts. "Zeta Leader" with Wired.)
(3) Rebel Alliance (Roark Garnett with Twin Laser Turret. 3x Blue Squadron Novice with R5 Astromech and Integrated Astromech)
(4) Scum and Villainy (IG-88A and IG-88D with Heavy Laser Cannon, Fire Control System, IG-2000 Title, Veteran Instincts, Autothrusters, and Intertial Dampners)
(5) Galactic Empire (Darth Vader with Veteran Instincts, Engine Upgrade, Tie/x1 Title, and ATC. Commander Kenkirk with Predator, Engine Upgrade, Ysanne Isard, and Emperor Palpatine)
(6) Rebel Alliance (Miranda Doni with Twin Laser Turret. Poe Dameron with Veteran Instincts, Auto Thrusters, and R2-D2. Gold Squadron Y-Wing with Twin Laser Turret, R3-A2, and BTLA4 Title)
(7) Rebel Alliance (Han Solo with Millennium Falcon Title, Push the Limit, Jan Ors, C3P0, and Engine Upgrade. Miranda Doni with Twin Laser Turret and Chewbacca)
(8) Galactic Empire (Darth Vader with Lone Wolf, TIE x1 Title, Sensor Jammer, and Stealth Device. Carnor Jax with Push The Limit. Shadow Squadron Pilot with Agent Kallus, Advanced Cloaking Device, and Sensor Jammer)

Faction Representation
Imperial - 7
Rebel - 9
Scum - 7

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

enigmahfc posted:

I also fought the WOP list everyone is talking about, and beat it pretty easily too.
Crack Shot can demolish really demolish WOP in short order. I was grateful my Brobot opponent went for VI instead of Crack Shot. The list turns so much on Omega and Whisper, and the Crack Shots can easily force through enough damage to essentially kill or cripple one ship as soon as it's caught in a bad spot. I'm sure Soontir fire helped to strip tokens as well.

But more importantly, congrats on your win! I dig the list a lot, and I'd even try to rip it off it I had just one more Crack Shot. Glad to see mini swarms still pack a punch, man. Were you generally able to bust down Poe and his ilk over one or two rounds?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

canyoneer posted:

(List is names Tighty YTs :haw:)

I've seen it called YT1850+/-550. Which is not as funny.

I was noodling around in the car on the way home about possible new ship designs, and thought about the following:

Rey pilot in YT1300: When you k-turn, you may immediately attack a target in your primary arc. If you do, you may not attack outside your primary arc for (either the rest of the turn or the rest of the game depending on playtesting/balance.
Finn crew: you gain +1 die in your primary arc and -1 die outside your primary arc with your primary weapon. PWTs only. Probably 4 points.
Quadjumper: no primary weapon, comes with free tractor beam, comes with ability of 'when you hit with a tractor beam, do not cancel dice, but deal the tractor token anyway' - to simulate that being hit with a tractor beam designed to shift huge ships hurts when you do it to an a-wing. Not much speed (no 4+), but special manoeuvres like sloops and trolls, and almost no red.
And then maybe a Scyk-only modification: when you hit with a secondary weapon, do not cancel dice if instructed to do so. Resolve the uncancelled dice as for a normal attack, then deal the secondary weapon effect as normal. Doesn't solve the glass-cannon-y-ness of them, but makes them much more potent with the cheapo cannons and missiles.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Otisburg posted:

Brobots = Two IG-2000 ships with a bunch of upgrades
Thug life = 4 Syndicate Thugs Y-Wings with Unhinged Astromech and Twin Laser Turret
Vader zeta leader and whisper = Vader=Vader, Zeta Leader is a TIE/FO (from the new movie) who effectively has an area version of the Wingman talent built in (that also works on himself). Whisper is a Phantom pilot.
Roark Garnett with TLT and 3 blue squadron t70s with r5 and IA = A HWK-290, with Twin Laser Turretn. Three T-70 (from the new movie) generic x-wings with R5 Astrromechs and Integrated Astromech, an X-Wing only mod that lets you ditch a magic trash can robot to discard a damage card dealt.

Now that I look at it perhaps the biggest surprise was that nowhere in all 23 entries was Fel represented, aside from my little diorama at the pilot registration table:

Haha, this owns. I had that TIE Interceptor when I was a kid.

WFGuy
Feb 18, 2011

Press X to jump, then press X again!
Toilet Rascal
Thanks to spaceinvader for the tip-off about Yavin tickets, I just bought mine. Hopefully I'll get around to going to a normal store tourney before going, since I am terribad at this wonderful moneysink and could use practice against people who aren't my friends, but it should be fun. I'll start practicing with Echo, Juno, and Valen Rudor ASAP, see if I can learn not to park my ships in the wrong places so often.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

No worries.

The tickets seem to have bottomed out at around 300 sold, so I'm hoping the event will fill up.

Also, don't worry about getting beat. It happens, it'll happen less as you git gud.

So, definitely Yavin Open goonmeet then?

Work out details nearer the time.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Lol WOP won the games 'n stuff store champs this morning at 3am. Likely to be yet again the impromptu regional for the nova area as they once again pass it over for some place 3-4 hours away.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Also wowzers the challenge coin is worth about $60 on eBay. That's an expensive shield token.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Chill la Chill posted:

Also wowzers the challenge coin is worth about $60 on eBay. That's an expensive shield token.

Doesn't surprise me, they're both rare and super-nice.

And if I get my ticket to my FLGC store champs I have a 1 in 4 chance of getting one, we only have 16 spaces at that tourney.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
I've only played one game so far, but I was hoping to get to games n stuff yesterday. Didn't make it though.

Is there a decent wang community up there?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Gerdalti posted:

I've only played one game so far, but I was hoping to get to games n stuff yesterday. Didn't make it though.

Is there a decent wang community up there?

All over nova/Baltimore but yes. Paul often plays at their monthly tournaments. But it's there, curio, huzzah, dream wizards as the big ones in the nova area.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

Finster Dexter posted:

I'm pretty sure that was a crack at chick-fil-a's known anti-gay stance. If it wasn't, it should've been lol

Yeah

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

:siren: space garbage truck is useful!! :siren:
This won a 150 person tournament in Spain. It was anti-meta specifically but I like the basis for the space garbage truck.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Chill la Chill posted:

Lol WOP won the games 'n stuff store champs this morning at 3am. Likely to be yet again the impromptu regional for the nova area as they once again pass it over for some place 3-4 hours away.

I didn't realize a lot of you guys were in the Maryland area. I need friends who play X-Wang. Is there anything closer than G&S, or do any of you get together regularly? I live in Waldorf.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I didn't realize a lot of you guys were in the Maryland area. I need friends who play X-Wang. Is there anything closer than G&S, or do any of you get together regularly? I live in Waldorf.

Join nova squadron on Facebook and post about it. I only really go to DW and GNS in MD because anything else is pretty far. I stick to VA stores most of the time.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Chill la Chill posted:

Join nova squadron on Facebook and post about it. I only really go to DW and GNS in MD because anything else is pretty far. I stick to VA stores most of the time.

Yeah I'm a member there and I just posted in it. Hopefully I can find a way to get out of the house and finally get some nerd time.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

:perfect:

enigmahfc posted:

So, I ended up winning a store championship today. I went into it not caring if I won or lost, I just wanted the alt art C3P0 for showing up, and then somehow ending up winning the whole thing. I was actually really happy there was a really diverse group of lists, and not just a bunch of netlisted stuff. I flew this:

I made it specifically to fight stress and regen builds, and the two I fought (one in the top four) I completely demolished. I also fought the WOP list everyone is talking about, and beat it pretty easily too. The toughest fight was against a Wampa, Soontir, and a Patrol decimator with Palpy and Vader. Wampa scared the poo poo out of me so I crackshotted him out of existence in one round before he could attack, and my opponent ended up suiciding his Decimator to take out my Soontir. It was my only loss, but my MOV was so high it didn't matter.

Howlrunner and Black Squadron + Crack Shot is the definition of "in meta"/netlist builds. If you arrived at the conclusion on your own - arc-dodging ace + Howlrunner and a miniswarm - that's good, but this is, like "my" WOP list, not exactly blazing a new trail, here. I'm also not sure how this list is tailored to fight stress control; just... killing everything super-fast? Because that's all it can do. Moreover, I flew against this list only featuring Vader instead of Soontir Fel once, and Juno Eclipse the other time, and both times it was a massacre. You fly the shuttle aggressively at the swarm and either take everyone to Block City or at least train an extra big gun on them, keep Whisper out of arc, and that's a TIE every turn. Spend Palpatine on defense for your Phantom and Kallus the ace. This is hugely winnable for WOP.

This is not meant to take anything away from your win, though, and you should celebrate by cutting a wrestling promo for your FLGS.

Von Humboldt posted:

Crack Shot can demolish really demolish WOP in short order. I was grateful my Brobot opponent went for VI instead of Crack Shot. The list turns so much on Omega and Whisper, and the Crack Shots can easily force through enough damage to essentially kill or cripple one ship as soon as it's caught in a bad spot. I'm sure Soontir fire helped to strip tokens as well.

Flying against Black Crack is easy once you understand a few principles, namely "how not to joust if you don't want to" and "swarms tend to move in a pinwheel, and if they want to move in formation (they do), their moves are strictly more limited w/r/t obstacles and attack vectors" and "Whisper can kill a TIE by herself every single turn." You always want to Kallus the ace, whomever it is (I've seen Soontir Fel posted, Carnor Jax, Darth Vader, and Juno Eclipse). Split your aces, with a preference toward keeping Whisper closer to Yorr. If you can Target Lock their ace with OLeader, you can dance with them for a very, very long time with just OLeader. VI Vader can be a struggle to close out on, but seems to be falling out of meta, at least locally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I feel like until I get enough coins to use for Corran/Poe's regenerating shields (lol at getting 5 for Han), I want to use a coin to represent palpatine's usage or Corran's double tap. Any other ideas? It's p big though so it might get in the way more often than not. :ohdear:

• Locked thread