Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

Kilo147 posted:

Well, poo poo. Didn't have my tablet with me, ended up at the store and bought Crown Prince instead of King Oscar. And in water. That's what I get for not writing this poo poo down. Should I just exchange them? They're unopened

I was given a can of Crown Prince in water so I prepared it like tuna salad (mayo, lemon juice, red onion) and it was passable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Kilo147 posted:

Well, poo poo. Didn't have my tablet with me, ended up at the store and bought Crown Prince instead of King Oscar. And in water. That's what I get for not writing this poo poo down. Should I just exchange them? They're unopened

I've never enjoyed dines in water, and it would probably be a pretty weak introduction to the world of the :coolfish: I'd exchange them.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

Kilo147 posted:

When you make a mistake, you plow on forward and make as if that was your plan all along. Even if it sucks, you say it was a great decision and everything is fine. Your pride is on the line, here.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Ceciltron posted:

When you make a mistake, you plow on forward and make as if that was your plan all along. Even if it sucks, you say it was a great decision and everything is fine. Your pride is on the line, here.

Pride? Ha.

Passable is not good enough. Next time I'm at the store, I'll swap them out. I'd rather not ruin my first time.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

500 degrees 4 life

the eggs came out perfect! :q:

AEMINAL fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Feb 4, 2016

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I HAVE MODIFIED THE EGGS.
Sorry about the white balance, at work and can't edit my photos.

Addition of tomato paste, capers, and chili flakes.

550 BITCH. j/k I cooked at 375 because I'm not a psychopath.

The mix, I mash mine up, might get around to trying it with whole fishies next time. Heavy on the pepper.

The Secret Weapon. Featuring anchovies and diet coke in the background.

It places the cheese in the casserole dish. More pepper.

Melty chew goodness.

Time to ruin finish it off with sriracha.

Fishermans putanesca! It turned out REALLY good. But word to the wise you don't need to use all of the tomato paste. Not a deal breaker but half a tin would have worked better.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
cheese and fish huh. hmm

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Keith Atherton posted:

I made a pretty good pasta dish with sardines tonight:

1. Put 1/2 pound of spaghetti in a pot of boiling water

2. Mince up a bunch of cloves of garlic, chop up half an onion and chop a good sized thing (head?) of broccoli.

3. Put the garlic and onions in span in olive oil on medium for a while until they smell done. Toss in the broccoli for a while. Add a cup or so of heavy cream and turn to low. I added lemon juice here (1/2 of a lemon) and I'm glad I did.

4. When the cream has reduced add a can or two of sardines, turn off the heat and let it sit for a little while

5. Add the spaghetti and black pepper and salt and toss together. Fresh chopped parsley would be good on top. I didn't have any

You could probably skip the cream and it would still be good.

Stupid question, but wouldn't the lemon juice make the cream curdle?

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
Hmmm, has anyone tried a sardine terrine? I think I'm going to wing it this weekend.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Male Tears posted:

Stupid question, but wouldn't the lemon juice make the cream curdle?

p sure it's like adding an acidic wine to a cream sauce. If your cream is warm, you add it slow and you're constantly stirring, it doesn't

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

I am dead tired after a 12 hour shift, and looking at an 11 hr tomorrow. Thank all the gods that I have some delectable KO - olive tapenade from yesterday, for the energy I need tomorrow:

http://www.kingoscar.com/recipes-for-a-happier-life/recipes-apetizers/sardine-tapenade-tomato-bites.html

It's a solid recipe, and one I recommend to anyone just shoving that protein/vitamins in on Triscuits and tomato slices and cheese and whatever before a brutal restaurant shift

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Overwined posted:

Hmmm, has anyone tried a sardine terrine? I think I'm going to wing it this weekend.
Sounds a lot like leftover fisherman's eggs, which doesn't seem too likely.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

I got my King Oscar grand prize today!

Free tin coupon, KO sticker (I have at least 5 of these now from all the FB contests), sardine fork, 3 tins of "vintage" 2007 sardines in a fancy box, and a little booklet explaining their origin.

Box when closed

Sardine fork close-up

Origins of my vintage 'dines

Booklet

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Male Tears posted:

Free tin coupon, KO sticker (I have at least 5 of these now from all the FB contests), sardine fork, 3 tins of "vintage" 2007 sardines in a fancy box, and a little booklet explaining their origin.

Box when closed

Sardine fork close-up

Origins of my vintage 'dines

Booklet

It's even more wonderful than I imagined. (All I got was a coupon.)

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fart toy: Argo Jr

naem
May 29, 2011

Sheep-Goats posted:

Fart toy: Argo Jr

:911:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Seriously though that's v. good deen swag I'm impressed I'm a little jealous I'm going to seduce op for a crack at the deens

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

numberoneposter posted:

I HAVE MODIFIED THE EGGS.
Sorry about the white balance, at work and can't edit my photos.

Addition of tomato paste, capers, and chili flakes.

550 BITCH. j/k I cooked at 375 because I'm not a psychopath.

The mix, I mash mine up, might get around to trying it with whole fishies next time. Heavy on the pepper.

The Secret Weapon. Featuring anchovies and diet coke in the background.

It places the cheese in the casserole dish. More pepper.

Melty chew goodness.

Time to ruin finish it off with sriracha.

Fishermans putanesca! It turned out REALLY good. But word to the wise you don't need to use all of the tomato paste. Not a deal breaker but half a tin would have worked better.

Cheese and fish

I'm reeling

In a can of sardines

naem
May 29, 2011

KO They're only 2.50 at my loccal store :swoon:

ShitheadDeluxe
May 14, 2007

Male Tears posted:

Your pics are nicer than the ones I took, so I won't bother posting mine. Have you tried your vintage sardines yet? I thought they had a distinctly different flavor from a regular ol' can of KO.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Shithead Deluxe posted:

Your pics are nicer than the ones I took, so I won't bother posting mine. Have you tried your vintage sardines yet? I thought they had a distinctly different flavor from a regular ol' can of KO.

Not yet, I'm feeling a bit intimidated by them. How did you eats yours? I was thinking for the purest experience I should eat them plain out of the tin with the sardine fork.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Male Tears posted:

Not yet, I'm feeling a bit intimidated by them. How did you eats yours? I was thinking for the purest experience I should eat them plain out of the tin with the sardine fork.

Do a side by side with a reggo KO

ShitheadDeluxe
May 14, 2007

Male Tears posted:

I had them on crackers, I usually do 'em up with some sharp cheddar, but I left the cheese alone in case the difference was subtle and sharp cheddar would overpower it. I think I made the right choice as far as that goes.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Why does the sardine fork have that bit at the end of the tines?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Kilo147 posted:

For the continuance of the deen

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Sheep-Goats posted:

For the continuance of the deen

Haven't seen a sardine before, still looking for some KOs to pop my cherry, would a regular fork just gently caress them up?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Kilo147 posted:

Haven't seen a sardine before, still looking for some KOs to pop my cherry, would a regular fork just gently caress them up?

No

But if you're gonna get a special fork for deens...

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

There is no wrong way to eat a little fisher.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Kilo147 posted:

You don't need a fork. You just dig around in the oil with your fingers until you catch one of the slippery little bastards and then you put it in your mouth hole and eat it all up.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Kilo147 posted:

To make it look a bit like a shovel, but not completely like a shovel. But that's what you're gonna do: shovel all the deens.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Male Tears posted:

If I had those vintage 'dines I'd absolutely eat them straight from the tin. Also Sheep-Goats is right: it would be cool if you could do a side by side with some standard KOs.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

Bardeh posted:

You don't need a fork. You just dig around in the oil with your fingers until you catch one of the slippery little bastards and then you put it in your mouth hole and eat it all up.

DINE HOLE

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

PinkoBastard posted:

If I had those vintage 'dines I'd absolutely eat them straight from the tin. Also Sheep-Goats is right: it would be cool if you could do a side by side with some standard KOs.

Another vote for this approach. Get a decent beer to drink afterwards (not during or before) as well, you deserve it.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

so i bought some mackarel in tomato sauce last time i went dine shopping

how the heck do i eat these, im afraid, kinda like the first time i tried dines

edit: im thinking of putting some on toast with a light smear of butter?? maybe cream cheese??? idk

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I've found mackerel to be a little tastier than dines. They're amazing on crackers with your choice of hot sauce or fancy mustard

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

AEMINAL posted:

edit: im thinking of putting some on toast with a light smear of butter?? maybe cream cheese??? idk

The mackerel is a medium oil fish. You can take it from there.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

AEMINAL posted:

Put the fish on a cracker or toast with hot sauce. Butter or cream cheese will add nothing flavor wise

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

AEMINAL posted:

KO and other brands also sell mackerel, usually in the same fashion as sardines. The flavor is a little lighter, the texture is a little more firm and meaty, and they're a little more dry. Eat them like you would eat sardines in tomato sauce - that is, liberally douse with hot sauce.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

KO and other brands also sell mackerel, usually in the same fashion as sardines. The flavor is a little lighter, the texture is a little more firm and meaty, and they're a little more dry. Eat them like you would eat sardines in tomato sauce - that is, liberally douse with hot sauce.

Sick, will do. Thjanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
I got my prize too!

Here's a "First place" package:

Three tins of 'dines, a 'dine can lid, a coupon for a tin of 'dines, and a 'dine bottle opener. :cool: