Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Much better episode than last week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
Yeah, this was pure American Dad.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

This was a good episode. Stan and Roger using guns to prevent escalation was great.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love Steve's fantasy of Claus as him.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
That was really good. Much better than last week's.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
A Klaus episode that didn't suck! That was really fun. Alright, crisis over, everyone.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I thought the James Hetfield appearance was pretty great.

The Stan/Roger boat subplot was also spot-on

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Mokinokaro posted:

No, it's Jeff's brain in the alien clone of his body. It's Jeff but he has no memory of everything that happened.

In the episode where Roger and Klaus are trying to roll over the speedometer.

A medic wakes up Roger and goes "all your insides are wrong and its scary".

Roger did say they would pass the bridge where Jeff would figure out he is an alien when they come to it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Man I'm creasing up at 'The People vs Martin Sugar'. This is such a fantastic episodes there's so many little moments that are hilarious.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That's a good episode, but Ricky Spanish is by far the best episode they have ever done.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
"And after that, lets commit insurance fraud".

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
I love how easy it is to make plans with you.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Totally cracked up when Francine started leaving during Steve's terrible speech. She knows her terrible kids too well.

This show is probably the best animated one currently on.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I loved :airquote:James Hetfield:airquote: not being :airquote:James Hetfield:airquote:. Dude was pretty great at the voice acting.

I just love how AD always has these guest stars that play ordinary characters instead of themselves. It's part of the charm of the show.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
I've been pretty thrilled with both episodes of this season so far!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

This season needs more Patrick Stewart

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

You Are A Elf posted:

I loved :airquote:James Hetfield:airquote: not being :airquote:James Hetfield:airquote:. Dude was pretty great at the voice acting.

I just love how AD always has these guest stars that play ordinary characters instead of themselves. It's part of the charm of the show.

Yea, he's got a great voice, and I liked the usage of Metallica in the episode too.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I don't know why, but the coach pushing that kid into the pool when he quit made me lose it :roflolmao:

Glad to see this show still has life in it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It was nice that they drew Hetfield about 30 years younger than he is. Unless they're that back logged with episodes now...

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The episode where Francine impersonates that executive lady is a classic

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

the episode where stan roger and steve return roger's olympic medal is hilarious just for roger turning into gollum and biting off stan's finger at the end is really underrated

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Just saw the Sgt. Pepper episode on TBS. That episode is always amazing. The gag where the family finally admits everything is perfect.

The only thing more perfect is when Roger killed the frat boys with the limo. The General Lee horn always make me laugh till I cry.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

limp_cheese posted:

Just saw the Sgt. Pepper episode on TBS. That episode is always amazing. The gag where the family finally admits everything is perfect.

The only thing more perfect is when Roger killed the frat boys with the limo. The General Lee horn always make me laugh till I cry.

The shot of the car on the wing of the plane, then that horn, loving wrecks me. Such a dumb B-plot, but it's just stupid enough to work.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

limp_cheese posted:

Was that the episode with White James?

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Corzaa posted:

Was that the episode with White James?

The St. Pepper episode had White James. That's how Klaus brought Roger back from cleaning outhouses in Iraq.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
'In Country Club' is another classic. Reenactment of the Vietnam war and Steve gets PTSD. Oh and Roger does drugs and watches Streisand.

The Xmas episodes are also amazing. The last Krampus one... Wasn't.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Any episode with Detective Turlington is gold, and it goes right back to what I said earlier about celebrities playing ordinary people; in this case, it's Forest Whitaker.

"Mama? If you can hear me, Mama? It's Daniel. I WANT THAT SANDWICH!"

You Are A Werewolf fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Feb 6, 2016

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Andrew_1985 posted:

'In Country Club' is another classic. Reenactment of the Vietnam war and Steve gets PTSD. Oh and Roger does drugs and watches Streisand.

The Xmas episodes are also amazing. The last Krampus one... Wasn't.

He doesn't do drugs, he eats a Orlan Bunting.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

twistedmentat posted:

He doesn't do drugs, he eats a Orlan Bunting.

Whoops, I forgot that amazing plot point. They drown the bird in alcohol so the lungs fill up with it?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Andrew_1985 posted:

Whoops, I forgot that amazing plot point. They drown the bird in alcohol so the lungs fill up with it?

Yes, it's a real thing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/foodanddrinknews/11101187/Ortolans-could-Frances-cruellest-food-be-back-on-the-menu.html

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Andrew_1985 posted:

It's an Ortolan. And it is traditionally drowned in Cognac, cooked then eaten under a napkin. Here's a review of someone eating one, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/foodanddrinknews/11101187/Ortolans-could-Frances-cruellest-food-be-back-on-the-menu.html.

Outside of a hermaphradotic alien wanting to eat one, Roger's basic synopsis was pretty much spot on.

They do actually drown a song bird in wine, then cook it up and served under a napkin.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Hayley Smith, Seal Team Six
A mental issue has Hayley regressing to a 6-year-old; and Steve gets a slow cooker.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

thrakkorzog posted:

It's an Ortolan. And it is traditionally drowned in Cognac, cooked then eaten under a napkin. Here's a review of someone eating one, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/foodanddrinknews/11101187/Ortolans-could-Frances-cruellest-food-be-back-on-the-menu.html.

Outside of a hermaphradotic alien wanting to eat one, Roger's basic synopsis was pretty much spot on.

They do actually drown a song bird in wine, then cook it up and served under a napkin.

Note that it is the diner under the napkin, not the food. To hide your sin from God, that's how terrible it is to prepare one of these tiny birds to be eaten.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Kwyndig posted:

Note that it is the diner under the napkin, not the food. To hide your sin from God, that's how terrible it is to prepare one of these tiny birds to be eaten.

Yeah I can only think of a couple other foods that would likely tick off God more(and thus Roger would probably like), and they all involve cooking or eating the animal while it's still alive

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I read that its possible that putting the napkin over your head while eating it also enhances flavor too.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
"Let me see if I can describe in a way you would understand. It's like getting double teamed in a port-a-John at a Rusted Root concert."

I think I'm less bothered at the whole drowning the Ortalan than I am of the idea that you eat them bones and all so that the bones splinter, shred your gums and cause your own blood to enhance the meal with the salty iron flavor.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

This...is a hosed up episode of American Dad.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Fish and the Jeffman!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like how Jeffs pjs make him look like Link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

One of the members of the jury was wearing a ladybug pin. Great episode overall.