Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Billy's rescued England from a handful of gently caress-ups now. He's looked good, powerful, agile and threatening. Will be bad if his ankle is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Lovely try

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

goatface posted:

Billy's rescued England from a handful of gently caress-ups now. He's looked good, powerful, agile and threatening. Will be bad if his ankle is dead.

If he's injured I really have no idea who will replace him.

I'm biased but that was a well worked try.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I'm just not seeing anywhere that Scotland can score some points from, nothing is working well at all.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He hooked that bigtime. Not a day for kickers.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

Aramoro posted:

I'm just not seeing anywhere that Scotland can score some points from, nothing is working well at all.

They've made some great breaks to be fair, but England aren't doing the same rush defense they did previously so Scotland shouldn't be shipping it wide at every opportunity.

Incidentally, I think Scotland haven't scored a try at Murrayfield in this fixture since 2004.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Jesus loving christ Scotland, glacially slow box kick to give away a possession

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The Scots are too stationery when moving the ball.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Vagabundo posted:

and when receiving the ball

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Why did you kick it!? Whhhyyyyyyyyy?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

That's passage of play typified Scotland. 4 or 5 phases passing it into a bunch of stationary forwards then box kick. Everyone is standing still, not even thinking about putting it out

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Scotland ended the first half with some excellent breaks and if they could ship the ball quicker at the breakdown they looked to be in good attacking position. That's disappeared and they're trying to build off wild breaks at the moment. If they steady the ship they're going to be threatening again.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's not fast enough to chase it, and he doesn't trust his back line to be ready for the chase.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Zero penetration.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

goatface posted:

Zero penetration.

England are making good ground when Scotland are in possession.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

goatface posted:

Zero penetration.

But enough about your love life, let's talk about how poo poo Scotland are at the moment.

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Well that was astoundingly stupid.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Farrell is in trouble now. Christ, how loving stupid is that dipshit?

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
Muppet. Jesus Christ.

No yellow card?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There were some interesting exchanges in the handbags that followed.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
This whole game has been like watching two pissed old men having a scrap at 11.45pm on a Saturday night while in the queue for a taxi.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

For gently caress's sake, Scotland.

Edit: Rugby Union 2016 - For gently caress's sake, Scotland.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

That little passage of play pretty much sums up Scotland's attack this game

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

It was stupid but to be fair you'll see that in every single game this season. I think this ref just likes calling some rare ones. Entering from the side 3 times now?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They've just never looked like really breaking the line.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
Owen Farrell is captain. :lol:

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

goatface posted:

They've just never looked like really breaking the line.

They never do, Scotland score more points from interceptions and charge downs than anything else.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Even that's been bad, they've not held on to the loose ball they've forced. They should be taking advantage of it, instead they're doing the work and making it scrappy but loving about and then giving the ball away

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
Hahaha some of the jocks actually thought they could kill of a game. Get in England. That was a poo poo game tbf

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
When you're closer to a yellow card than Dylan Hartley you need to take a good look at yourself in the mirror.

Still, happy with the result. We will need to do better and improve our discipline and ball retention for next week.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

EdBlackadder posted:

When you're closer to a yellow card than Dylan Hartley you need to take a good look at yourself in the mirror.

Still, happy with the result. We will need to do better and improve our discipline and ball retention for next week.

When we play the far more threatening Italy.

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...
Frustrating from Scotland, lacked composure in attack and England tackled much better than us.

Painkiller fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Feb 6, 2016

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

That was loving abysmal. Beaten comfortably at home by a crap England. Never looked like doing anything.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Aramoro posted:

They never do, Scotland score more points from interceptions and charge downs than anything else.

Scotland seem to have no idea how to construct tries, and they're overly reliant on burgling them. There's also a lot of work yet for Cotter when it comes to decision-making. Finn Russell booting the ball away, wasting a 2-on-1 and an open try-line is pretty much this issue beautifully illustrated.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
This surely has to make Cotter look at Hidalgo-Clyne as the starting 9. If Hidalgo-Clyne was on the field I imagine Scotland would have scored a try at the end of the first half.

Finn is usually a very good player but Laidlaw is so slow the England defence just set up to kill him any time he looked like he was going to get the ball, stopping the usually good Scottish backs from being able to get any decent ball at pace.

England defence was given an easy ride and despite being the usual tedious grinding misery fest we never upped the pace to make their forwards work for it. Can't see Wales or Ireland being scared of any team that played today.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Vagabundo posted:

Scotland seem to have no idea how to construct tries, and they're overly reliant on burgling them. There's also a lot of work yet for Cotter when it comes to decision-making. Finn Russell booting the ball away, wasting a 2-on-1 and an open try-line is pretty much this issue beautifully illustrated.

That is what it looked like to me, a person who has not watched a full game in over a decade.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

Vagabundo posted:

the sad thing is is that they were scoring decent tries in the RWC and not just from interceptions, they just seem to have forgotten how to develop anything at all.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
I like Laidlaw but he was ponderous as gently caress today, the Scottish forwards were made to look worse than they were today by the level of service from 9.

Must be really frustrating for Scottish fans seeing their team struggle so much going forward when there were genuine bright spots (mostly the forward play) against an England team that had a week of coaching.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

I like Laidlaw but he was ponderous as gently caress today, the Scottish forwards were made to look worse than they were today by the level of service from 9.

It perhaps has something to do with Laidlaw not trusting his backs to be there? Maybe he doesn't trust himself. Either way it's time to give Hyldago-Clyne a go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
ITV sure have pulled out the big guns, to make sure their Six Nations commentary team are experienced and impartial! :

Shane Williams
Goradan D'Arcy
Nick Mullins

Mullins is the guy who knows nothing about rugby, and got pulled from World Cup games, after he unironically told viewers that the island of Fiji only had one television, and no electricity.