Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Two new deals found:

Amazon has price-matched some of the sales on PSN with their PSN codes on games.

A handful I found, there are most likely more:
Battlefield 4 Premium Edition PS4 $24
Battlefield Hardline PS4 $13.19
Dark Souls II PS3 $5
Dragon Ball Xenoverse $16
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z PS3 $7.49
FIFA 16 PS4 $24
FIFA 16 PS3 $24
God of War III Remastered $20
J-Stars Victory VS+ PS4 $15
J-Stars Victory VS+ PS3 $10
J-Stars Victory VS+ Vita $10
Need for Speed PS4 $19.79
Need for Speed Digital Deluxe $23.09
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour $13.19
Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition $10
Star Wars Battlefront $30
Star Wars Battlefront Digital Deluxe $35
Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment PS4 $5
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection $28.79

Best Buy has a deal on gaming cards this week, including PSN cards: Buy 1 Get 1 20% Off. As of now, this is online, but I'm not sure if this will be in-store as well. These are cards, not instant codes.

2 $10 cards = $18
2 $20 cards = $36
2 $50 cards = $90

2 $100 PSN cards = $180 :shepface:

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Feb 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

True Story: campo santo (firewatch devs) guys downloaded corn love forever and tried to reverse-engineer it because the ps4 does not support video for themes. it is an amazingly complex series of looping sprite animations layered over eachother carefully.

corn love forever is literally a technical achievement on the ps4

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So I see the "occasional imports" text in this thread title and I've decided to call your bluff. Can anyone here tell me what the difference is between the 500 yen PSN edition and the 2000 PSN yen/retail editions of Simple Series G4U Mahjong for PS4? I tried going to the official website (http://www.d3p.co.jp/simplePS4_mahjong/) but Google Translate won't translate the pictures that actually detail the differences in editions and I'm between computers so looking up this information on a phone is a pain to say the least. My best guess is the base game is just mahjong and the full package includes all the tournament stuff.

I wanted to get a cheap mahjong game to screw around with on my PS4 until Yakuza Zero comes out next year, and I'd like to get it digitally so the difference in editions will decide whether I blow $16 on a 1000 card or $42 on a 3000.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Here are the listings in the Japan store:

@SIMPLE DLシリーズG4U Vol.1 THE 麻雀 (starter "@" version from the looks of it) sale price 350 ✚250
@SIMPLE DLシリーズG4U Vol.1 THE 麻雀 アップグレードキット (Upgrade Kit) 1500

SIMPLEシリーズG4U Vol.1 THE 麻雀 (full version) 2000

I think you're right on the differences. Machine translator on the "upgrade kit" mentions online multiplayer and other modes enabled, while the starter version only mentions playing against CPU. Hopefully, someone here can confirm all this.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Does anyone want the free downloadable games that come with the Vita TV in Europe? I have two codes for the set of Worms Revolution Extreme, Velocity Ultra, and OlliOlli that I don't need.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Captain Novolin posted:

True Story: campo santo (firewatch devs) guys downloaded corn love forever and tried to reverse-engineer it because the ps4 does not support video for themes. it is an amazingly complex series of looping sprite animations layered over eachother carefully.

What? Is there a blog post From them on this or something?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I'm really thinking about it, I get all my games digital and the money never expires from your PSN wallet.

Still....... :shepface:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
How bad was the new NFS that it's only been out since November and it's already down to $20?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

SpacePig posted:

How bad was the new NFS that it's only been out since November and it's already down to $20?

From what I understand the best part of the game was its absolutely terrible cutscenes

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate
Battlefront has such bad luck with releasing when Overwatch is available. I would have bought the game at release if Overwatch didn't come out the week after open beta. Now that the game is $30, Overwatch beta starts back up Tuesday.

Although, have they talked about their season pass content releases? I'm waiting for it to get the Battlefield treatment and have a premium edition for $60 that includes the season pass too.

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Does anyone want the free downloadable games that come with the Vita TV in Europe? I have two codes for the set of Worms Revolution Extreme, Velocity Ultra, and OlliOlli that I don't need.

How does worms work? Does it have local multiplayer with controller sharing?

I already have OlliOlli and OlliOlli2, but are the three codes separate or a packaged single code? But I'm guessing the codes won't work with NA accounts?

Billy Elliot fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Feb 7, 2016

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!
will someone explain why fire watch is interesting and not just gone home in the woods

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Suicide Pacmen posted:

will someone explain why fire watch is interesting and not just gone home in the woods

That's why it's interesting

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
It appears to have a sense of humor.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Suicide Pacmen posted:

If you watch that "first 17 minutes of gameplay" video and it doesn't look interesting, it's probably not your game

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Billy Elliot posted:

How does worms work? Does it have local multiplayer with controller sharing?

I already have OlliOlli and OlliOlli2, but are the three codes separate or a packaged single code? But I'm guessing the codes won't work with NA accounts?

No idea about the first one, but they're one code for all three games packaged together, and are indeed EU-account exclusive.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Captain Novolin posted:

There's got to be a kit for converting videos then, because I swear like over half of the themes available are looping videos

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

It appears to have a sense of humor.
Seconding this.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

rabidsquid posted:

Are you downloading in the background or leaving it on the download screen?

I've done both, with the same result.

Looks like it downloaded fine today though. On a related note, I wish I could stop PSN Store from downloading PS Vita versions of games across the board- I don't own one.

Comic fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Feb 7, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Suicide Pacmen posted:

its a metroid vania with exploration --> new ability item --> more exploration as its main gameplay loop but instead of freezing beetles to climb a shaft and fighting space pirates you are getting sassed by a lady over the radio and solving the mystery of who hosed with your typewriter.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

its a metroid vania with exploration --> new ability item --> more exploration as its main gameplay loop but instead of freezing beetles to climb a shaft and fighting space pirates you are getting sassed by a lady over the radio and solving the mystery of who hosed with your typewriter.

Never even heard of this game before this conversation, but it sure has my attention now!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

barren_sky posted:

Never even heard of this game before this conversation, but it sure has my attention now!

watch the gb quicklook. it doesn't look like the greatest game ever but it looks a hell of a lot more like something worth buying than everyones gone to the rapture

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
Yeah, the quicklook piqued my interest. When I thought it had fps combat in it I had zero interest but it looks to not need it to drive the narrative.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
its still an fps (feels per second) game.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
The Rory McIlroy golf game is poo poo, right? A sports game at that price is tempting but I'm almost positive I heard terrible things about it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

CVagts posted:

The Rory McIlroy golf game is poo poo, right? A sports game at that price is tempting but I'm almost positive I heard terrible things about it.

Yes, I haven't played it once since the first day it downloaded, after thinking "how bad could it be?"

Used to play lots of non EA golf games over the years but they can never get it right in the fun department.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

Is there a good golf game on PS4? I'd prefer something that's more fantasyish like Hot Shots Golf rather than Tiger Woods PGA tour or whatever.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
There is a new Hot Shots Golf in development right now, plus 100 Foot Robot Golf.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Also that indoor Golf Game where you smash everything with a flaming golf ball.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

univbee posted:

Also that indoor Golf Game where you smash everything with a flaming golf ball.

Dark Cloud 2?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

Dark Cloud 2?

Frolf?

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
That game is wonderful and my wife made me hook up my PS2 so she could play it.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

How is J-Stars? I've heard mix things, but it sounds like a good deal at 10 funbucks

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

It's pretty bad

It'd say it's worth 7? THere are three identical story modes and you'll probably be finished with the game after completing one and won't pick it up again even though you havn't unlocked all the charecters.

I had fun with it for nerdservice value

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

watch the gb quicklook. it doesn't look like the greatest game ever but it looks a hell of a lot more like something worth buying than everyones gone to the rapture

Nice! I loved Everybodys Gone to the Rapture! This is gonna be amazing!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Willo567 posted:

How is J-Stars? I've heard mix things, but it sounds like a good deal at 10 funbucks

It's poo poo

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

To elaborate on Jump Victory, Roster is huge and varied , some great surprises and additions unless if you're really aiming for a specific character to end up but you'll more likely find someone to be happy about.

The story mode like I said is really samey and long but it has a pretty cool world map.
Outside of story mode the basic gameplay is why the games bad, it's really stiff and waty too slow. It has it's moments but it's hard to keep playing as much as the game wants you too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J226v7qHkp8
Really just watch any basic game match to see if this is worth it's value or not.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Not only is jstars crap gameplay wise but it has destiny style loading between everything and theres a shitton of menu navigation and the most boring overworld ever. I would recommend it only to the most hardcore anime fans that just want to see their animes move around and have cross series interactions cause as a game its shiiiiiit.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The more I've thought about Everybody's Gone To The Rapture the more I've liked it. The game has some major, undeniable flaws but the further I get from it, the more those fade and the good things still remain strong because what it did well, it did really well. Yeah the game is slow as hell and a bit aimless at times but it tells its story well and I really did find that story to be interesting and cool.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

It's the opposite with EGTTR for me. The unbearably slow movement speed irreparably exacerbated the game's flaws and pretentiousness. Good moments, but not a good package.

the truth fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Feb 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

Is there a good golf game on PS4? I'd prefer something that's more fantasyish like Hot Shots Golf rather than Tiger Woods PGA tour or whatever.
Actually less fantasyish, but you should give The Golf Club a look anyway. If you want to play a lot of courses, you can't possibly beat it for sheer volume thanks to the course creator. It will beat you up for every weakness in your gameplay though

• Locked thread