Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

BULBASAUR posted:

No brother so pure, no hatred so salty

Its a bummer, yeah. Just when things are looking up too. FW is a bit heavy handed when they nerf something that people use a lot. Poor old cybernetica is a good example. They went from being amazing to one of the worst admech lists... and they still keep nerfing them. Meanwhile ordinator now owns bones.

I would be pissed if that poo poo invalidated my army list and you totally should be. At least we got a solid ROW with a ton of options. There are so many options I can't even wrap my head around it yet. Most likely Tyrants lead by a Siege Breaker are going to be a big part of it the core.

e: Fingers crossed for changes to IW special equipment and core rules
So salty Morton comes to me when they run low.
But eh, my staple for the 3 HS choices without running onslaught and/or HoOlympia are the Dodo, lascannon havocs, and medusa. Adding more is instantly the fire raptor. I just dont see a place for tyrants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
I'll check the SoH stuff, but it's hard to spot changes unless I already know of a specific issue (eg Warders getting +1 WS instead of +1 I to better interact with axes). Mercies Fighter should be the main suspect I guess.

Phoenix termies gained WS5, kakophoni have an extra shot, grave wardens can overwatch their farts.

Mostly I want to ask the staff for a replacement red book; mine came with a big gob of glue that ripped up two pages :(

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Okay so that's some of the EC info correlated, I'm interested about whether EC did get a general bonus to Initiative and Sonic Screamers changed

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Recoome posted:

Okay so that's some of the EC info correlated, I'm interested about whether EC did get a general bonus to Initiative and Sonic Screamers changed

Sonic Shriekers give a -1 WS penalty to enemies now. That used to be +1 I right?

They get baseline +1 I for charging, characters in challenge get a further +1 I.

Must issue/accept challenges. If you lose the challenge you have a -1 Ld for the end of combat Morale.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Since it seems topical whats the deal with Iron Warriors, did the tyrants get changed to heavy support and thats it? Any of the rules or wargear change?

Sivores
May 25, 2008

All about that bass,
that smooth jazzy bass.
Hey, Mango my friend thanks you for being there by the way since no one else is posting the rules. He was also wondering did world eaters get any changes to units.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
SoH, LA rules

SoH units in reserve can re-roll 1's, including their transports.

Can't benefit from warlord trait of allies.

Merciless Fighter: if you outnumber the enemy in CC, each model that already fought can make an extra attack at initiative step 1

+1 BS with pistols, assault and rapid fire weapons at 12" or less. Doesn't work on snap shots, chain fire and fury of the legion.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Mango, you are the man. I wish I could by you a beer.

Also Assault Marine cost reduction has more or less been confirmed via Andy Hoare.

Hencoe posted:

So salty Morton comes to me when they run low.
But eh, my staple for the 3 HS choices without running onslaught and/or HoOlympia are the Dodo, lascannon havocs, and medusa. Adding more is instantly the fire raptor. I just dont see a place for tyrants.

This new ROW is really good with an allied detachment. Bring some Admech and take their better medusas. That opens you up for some Tyrants.

I haven't math hammered it out, but at around 2000 points I am thinking two units of mortars, a pair of legion medusas, and probably a pair of admech bombards/medusas if you want to go very hard on the artillery. Dropping the legion medusas is probably the first thing I would do to free up points as the admech ones are just flat out better and still give you the perks.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

This new ROW is really good with an allied detachment. Bring some Admech and take their better medusas. That opens you up for some Tyrants.

I haven't math hammered it out, but at around 2000 points I am thinking two units of mortars, a pair of legion medusas, and probably a pair of admech bombards/medusas if you want to go very hard on the artillery. Dropping the legion medusas is probably the first thing I would do to free up points as the admech ones are just flat out better and still give you the perks.

Admech isnt well received around here and really I only have myself to blame, so Im trying to avoid them as much as possible.
Also don't RoW only affect the primary detachment unless otherwise noted?

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Feb 7, 2016

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

Hencoe posted:

Admech isnt well received around here and really I only have myself to blame, so Im trying to avoid them as much as possible.

I was talking with Bulbasuar and I definitely think a scorpius wouldn't be half bad in that ROW.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Sivores posted:

Hey, Mango my friend thanks you for being there by the way since no one else is posting the rules. He was also wondering did world eaters get any changes to units.

That's a tough one, I only have a hazy memory of their stuff.

I do think the LA rules have been changed at least:

Re-roll to wounds of 1 in turn they charge. No benefit is the charge is disoriented.

Characters have +1 WS in challenges.

After winning an assault must consolidate towards closest enemy they can harm.

If they fail the end of combat Morale check roll a d6 before falling back. On a 4+ they count as having passed the check, gain permanent rage and give the enemy the finger.

Can optionally replace the last two rules with: units have Rage, must always Sweeping Advance, cannot go to ground, cannot voluntarily fail Morale checks, must consolidate towards closest enemy they can harm.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Also RE: Blood Angels.

They can spam the proto assault cannon, unlike the old version.

Any BA model with a heavy flamer (including vehicles) can swap to the cannon for 5 points.

Predator tanks can also swap their predator cannon for TL assault cannons for free.

That's a shitload of mid-range, mid-strength rending shots.

Sivores
May 25, 2008

All about that bass,
that smooth jazzy bass.
Sweet thank you Mango, that calms his fears a bit he's more worried about the caedere weapons and rampagers but he liked that, he definitely liked that.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Sivores posted:

Sweet thank you Mango, that calms his fears a bit he's more worried about the caedere weapons and rampagers but he liked that, he definitely liked that.

Can do!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Can you take some pictures of the shattered legion and Iron Warriors stuff, Mango? I don't know what I can offer you except sexual favors from Hencoe

Sivores
May 25, 2008

All about that bass,
that smooth jazzy bass.
Haha, he says they're the same, he's buttmad due to liking Rampagers. It's pretty great.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
FW giveth, FW taketh.

Since the wifi is oddly upload-friendly, here's the IW. Don't think anything changed.

Sivores
May 25, 2008

All about that bass,
that smooth jazzy bass.

Mango Polo posted:

FW giveth, FW taketh.

Truely the statement of our times, thank you though.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Last one for now, the basic rules for making shattered legions.

And one thing I remembered from yesterday, Alan said he wanted to put the updated legion rules into a FAQ. No timeline on that, but at least if you are patient enough you won't need to buy the new red book just for that.

This one is interesting. Basically it's guaranteed that we will see more of these thematic options in future books.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Looks like Iron Havocs are bumped to BS5! Hencoe should be less bitter now.

Those shattered legion rules are awesome. Now I can satisfy everyone's mad levels by running the new Iron Warrior ROW with Iron Hands as my troops :getin: Pretty big disadvantage though- no denial units.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Official Mechanicum Secutarii bodies for use on plastic GW models are in work.

Titan-affiliated version of the Skitarii. Excel at capturing and/or holding ground depending on their gear.

They have their own version of legion bleachers with sick lance-like weapons.

30k Skitarii will not appear until a Mars book, since back then they were exclusively the Fabricator General's army.

Epic-inspired 30k is in the pipeline, focused on titans. Different scale than Epic.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Feb 7, 2016

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Mango Polo posted:

Epic-inspired 30k is in the pipeline, focused on titans. Different scale than Epic.

If they could make this a balanced game with Titans and Knights in plastic and suitable for tournament play, it could do very well.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
The painted Iron Circle robbit was moved out of the cabinet today.

Paint your army in 3 easy steps!

Pre-chaos drone. Alan explained it not as what would be corrupted into the blight drone, but rather what the Mechanicum would have built for normal use before daemons and poo poo got involved in the manufacturing process. He wants to see more such units, e.g the clean chassis that eventually becomes the brass scorpion.

Random floating magos.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Couple of games going on. Some still in bare grey, some beautifully painted

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Ursarax with claws

Ursarax with fists

I like the normal heads way more, but meat models.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Last update for today, Inferno.

Contents

Wolves and upgreyyds

Thousand Sons

And yeah, WIP Russ

He'll be followed by Magnus, release-wise.

Custodes are a full blown army.

Sisters are just a detachment type of option for other forces.

Prospero Spireguard get some additional details.

Forge World Arkhadine's legio cybernetica will be featured.

The TS cannot afford attrition of any kind, and that is reflected in their rules. They are described as fighting every battle as if they were survivors.

They make extensive use of robots, controlled with psychic crystals and not cortex controllers. This makes Mars very angry. Arkhadine is basically working directly with the Sons to commit a form of tech heresy.

Can expect a ton of customization options based on the various disciplines, in terms of rules and wargear.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Feb 7, 2016

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Mr. Mango Polo, sir,

Can you please take a picture of the Dark Angels' wargear page? We got the statlines, but none of the context. I am curious how widely available their unique weapons are and I haven't been able to find anything like this online yet. Any information is appreciated.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

I can satisfy everyone's mad levels by running the new Iron Warrior ROW with Iron Hands as my troops :getin: Pretty big disadvantage though- no denial units.

Power gaming gently caress.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Safety Factor posted:

Mr. Mango Polo, sir,

Can you please take a picture of the Dark Angels' wargear page? We got the statlines, but none of the context. I am curious how widely available their unique weapons are and I haven't been able to find anything like this online yet. Any information is appreciated.

I'm on my way back to Berlin, aka stranded in Nottingham for the next 18 forsaken hours because my flight is in the wee morning hours. Can't really unpack my bag for a while I'm afraid :(

If it doesn't show up before then, remind me again tomorrow.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

Looks like Iron Havocs are bumped to BS5! Hencoe should be less bitter now.

Slightly pleased since they were already at a 50 point premium over regular heavy weapons teams? Yes.
But less bitter? I don't know about that. Gunna piss people off though, Havocs are mean.
Thanks Mango for all the reporting and request filling, going above and beyond rather than "suck it nerds"

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Just finished writing up a 30k campaign for my London based gaming buddies. Now I'm going to finish off these flamer dudes - it's been a good weekend for Heresy.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

So have we seen all the models they're gonna show? No Dorn or Alpharius after all? Also, if Siege Tyrants are now Heavy Support, can you still take them as Troops with Pride of the Legion?

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Some more shots of these converted BaC dudes - now I need to gather the requisite 10 flamers (7 to go...) before painting those and basing them on lava bases.

Next is to work on Rhinos... need to get 3 of them.

I'm torn between modern design with cool FW doors and upgrade kits, or Deimos pattern. Deimos is just so loving expensive...

Edit: Christ after seeing high def big pictures I'm going to rewash those black shoulder pads! Still a WiP.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mango Polo posted:

I'm on my way back to Berlin, aka stranded in Nottingham for the next 18 forsaken hours because my flight is in the wee morning hours. Can't really unpack my bag for a while I'm afraid :(

If it doesn't show up before then, remind me again tomorrow.

Cool, no big deal. Thanks for all the info you've posted already.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

DO IT TO IT posted:

Also, if Siege Tyrants are now Heavy Support, can you still take them as Troops with Pride of the Legion?

Going by the betrayal FAQ that was never a thing anyways. I've never run it so I dont know if its different elsewhere.

Q: In the case of the ‘Pride of the Legion’ Rite of War, Veteran and Terminator squads are
Troops choices in the force; could you clarify the exact squads which fall into these categories?
A: In this case specifically this means Veteran Tactical squads and Legion Terminator squads only, so
Justaerin and Deathshroud Terminators are not included in this. Any Legion-specific units in future
Horus Heresy books which do qualify for this Rite of War will have this fact explicitly stated in their
unit description.

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Feb 7, 2016

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Oh nice, I didn't know they had clarified that.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
"Games Workshop have just done the wulfen, well, forget them" FW making GBS threads all over GW products :v:

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Safety Factor posted:

Cool, no big deal. Thanks for all the info you've posted already.

gently caress it, it's totally normal to whip out some bigass book in the departure section of an airport with a scary robbit on the cover and start taking pictures right?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
What are the stats for a repeater?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

DJ Dizzy posted:

What are the stats for a repeater?

Str 6 AP 2 salvo 2/3 twin linked gets hot. Helloooooo support squads.

Edit: so preds can't have three acid heavy bolters? Booooooo.