Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Pillowpants posted:

So, I am a center left person. I don't think Bernie will win the primary and I don't really want to vote for Hillary.

That said, Christie and Kasich are the only people I could vote for. I don't trust trump not to go full oligarchy on us and the rest are piles of poo poo.

It is going full moron to think that any of the Republican candidates would be better than Hillary. She is actually decent on a lot of issues, if not quite as good as Bernie on a lot of them. All the Republicans are terrible on basically every issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I92701JPhKo

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

did this get posted yet?

https://i.imgur.com/pGv2MJr.gifv

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Pillowpants posted:

So, I am a center left person. I don't think Bernie will win the primary and I don't really want to vote for Hillary.

That said, Christie and Kasich are the only people I could vote for. I don't trust trump not to go full oligarchy on us and the rest are piles of poo poo.

In the event that it is Hillary versus any Republican, you should vote for Hillary and vote for her hard, and I say this as someone who really wants Bernie to win and thinks he has a shot.

At this point, you'll be voting against the GOP, and Christie and Kasich are every bit as dangerous to the American people as Cruz or Trump.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Christie and Kasich are both dystopian hell lichs and only seem sensible by comparison to the rest of this demonic clown car.

Absolutely do not believe them on anything nice they say because it is cynical. Also if you're centre-left never vote GOP, c'mon son.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Thump! posted:

In the event that it is Hillary versus any Republican, you should vote for Hillary and vote for her hard, and I say this as someone who really wants Bernie to win and thinks he has a shot.

At this point, you'll be voting against the GOP, and Christie and Kasich are every bit as dangerous to the American people as Cruz or Trump.

Precisely; although I would say that Kasich and Christie are probably more dangerous to the American People than Cruz or Trump, because they still have the ability to spin conservative policies as being good for the whole of society, which is a talent that's rare these days. Jeb, for instance, is terrible at it.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Maryland's filing deadline passed on Wednesday, didn't notice until now.

8 out of 9 GOP candidates are on the ballot. Maryland left the only veteran remaining in the race off the ballot because they hate the vets.

ZoCrowes
Nov 17, 2005

by Lowtax

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

It is going full moron to think that any of the Republican candidates would be better than Hillary. She is actually decent on a lot of issues, if not quite as good as Bernie on a lot of them. All the Republicans are terrible on basically every issue.

Just to reinforce this Kasich has signed over a dozen anti-abortion measures in to law as Ohio governor. He also tried to pull a Scott Walker and tried to strip public-sector unions of their bargaining rights. He was hard right in the 90s when he was in the House and only because the GOP has become a dystopian nightmare does he seem remotely moderate. It's Pillowpants so I am sure he has a spreadsheet somewhere that can tell him all of this.

ZoCrowes fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Feb 7, 2016

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

ZoCrowes posted:

Just to reinforce this Kasich has signed over a dozen ant-abortion measures in to law as Ohio governor.

WHAT IS THIS? A Planned Parenthood for Ants?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Vile posted:

I woke up today hungover and concerned last night was a dream. I looked on Favebook and my crazy aunt had shared this

It was pretty interesting seeing how all the different candidates dealt with such a weird gently caress up. Most candidates just ignoring it not wanting to get involved in the mess and pretty much just ignoring it, and trump being the odd one out, just doing what ever he needed to so his entrance wasn't hosed up.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Pillowpants posted:

I strongly encourage you to take half an hour or so to go to isidewith.com and find where you stand, because you're either a moron or not actually center-left. Or both.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Sir Tonk posted:

We are not facing a president that doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he is doing. That's why he's done the things he's done.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Other than that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?

https://twitter.com/ByronYork/status/696361638354624512

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Rubio is live on This Week trying to do damage control, video should be up soon.

Joementum posted:

Other than that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?

https://twitter.com/ByronYork/status/696361638354624512

Yeah Hugh literally said that it was correct for Rubio to do that when Todd pushed him on it.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i hope he does badly

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Patter Song posted:

Maryland's filing deadline passed on Wednesday, didn't notice until now.

8 out of 9 GOP candidates are on the ballot. Maryland left the only veteran remaining in the race off the ballot because they hate the vets.

I hear they are big fans of car taxes too. Disgusting.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Kasich is absolutely horrible god drat it there's 11 million people in Ohio how does this keep loving spreading.

Tesseraction posted:

So is that actually him or an unsourced /pol/ quote?

:ughh:

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just in case anyone doubted the room was packed with donors

The regular attendance by wealthy contributors is also due in part to the control that the RNC exerted over the primary debates this cycle. The national party doles out the tickets, unlike in past years when admittance was in the hands of the television networks and local parties hosting the forums.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...3c7d_story.html

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I strongly encourage you to take half an hour or so to go to isidewith.com and find where you stand, because you're either a moron or not actually center-left. Or both.

For all the folks bewildered by Trump-Sanders cross-over appeal:

Donald Trump - 74% (Foreign Policy, Immigration, Environment, Electoral, Education, Criminal)
Bernie Sanders - 64% (Foreign Policy, Healthcare, Science)

Only area that doesn't show up for either as major agreement is domestic (taxes and spending). I side with Cruz on domestic policy.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
The big stories coming out of last night's debate:

- Rubio malfunctions.
- Trump gets boo'ed
- Trump supports waterboarding
- Ted Cruz continues to lie about Ben Carson and Iowa.

Rubio is lucky it's Superbowl Sunday.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I hope the factcheck sites address Rubio's claim that Biden has been around for a thousand years.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Notice the lack of people applauding statements like it's okay to let a 30 year old man with cancer die and booing a veteran because he's gay this primary.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

I hope the factcheck sites address Rubio's claim that Biden has been around for a thousand years.

We're not a good enough society for that to be the case. The world would be a better place if we had the Endless Vice Reign of Diamond Joe.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Biden was a bastard son of Constantine X Doukas. Born in the purple and everything.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

And FoxNews is one of the most pro-Rubio outlets there is...

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Trump's answer re: water boarding and doing "much worse" was brilliant.

Pro-Tip: Real Americans do not give a drat about radical Islamic terrorists being mistreated.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Boosted_C5 posted:

Trump's answer re: water boarding and doing "much worse" was brilliant.

Pro-Tip: Real Americans do not give a drat about radical Islamic terrorists being mistreated.

Considering how many bombs we drop on a regular basis, I don't think anyone was unsure about that.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Montasque posted:

Just now on Fox Sunday I watched that dumb bitch Gov Sununununu try and say trump had a bad night and every other pundit including Wallace laughed at him and said "oh you just don't like him"

Lmao THE TRAIN IS OFF HE TRACKS PEOPLE

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Tender Bender posted:

Eager to see how Politifact declares this 'Half True'

Montasque posted:

No matter how much Fox News is invested in controlling the GOP electorate, blood in the water is blood in the water

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
If I was making ads for any of the Republican candidates I would buy enough airtime to show the entirety of Rubio's fuckup, on loop, forever.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Was it all Planned??? Will Christie be Trumps Attorney general????

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Seen outside Rubio's town hall event:
https://twitter.com/Gawker/status/696371745981333505

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIx8iuXzmRM

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Logikv9 posted:

If I was making ads for any of the Republican candidates I would buy enough airtime to show the entirety of Rubio's fuckup, on loop, forever.

Guess who still has a ton of money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnyGJstIB4U

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Fat man devours little boy.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Boy, that seems like a great ad for Christie until they shoehorned a stuttering Jeb! into there.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

The best part about Jeb being so far behind is that he can attack anybody.

Also, unrelated, but I was lolling that Jeb would preemptively attack a foreign country. If by some miracle he became the nominee, the DNC could just use nothing but his own quotes in attack ads

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Franklin Pierce/Boston Herald NH poll, out today. Pre-debate:

Trump 31
Cruz 16
Rubio 15
Kasich 11
Jeb! 10

Numbers below Jeb haven't been released yet.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
There's also a CNN-WMUR NH poll today. Feb 3rd-6th

Trump 33
Rubio 16
Cruz 14
Kasich 11
Jeb! 7
Fiorina 6
Christie 4

Also shows Trump ~30 and there being a pileup around ~15.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted

Out of context this is such a bad ad. Timestamp the repetitions, or show Christie eviscerating Rubio, otherwise you lose the full impact of how badly Rubio hosed up.

• Locked thread