Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Unless there is some massive penalties the kirovets is going to be so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
History of the T-150, the first step in the slippery slope to the KV-5.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
Oh yeah, so for the first time in years, Wargaming & Co. are writing faster than I care to translate. Therefore, I'll be taking requests again! Currently available for translation:

Czechs
TVP VTU/T-40

Swedes
Strv 103

:911:
M22 Locust
Medium Tank T2

:france:
AMX ELC
ARL 44
AMX M4

:ussr:
LTP
KV-4
T-37 with ShKAS

:britain:
FV4202
FV4005

Maimgara
May 2, 2007
Chlorine for the Gene-pool.

Ensign Expendable posted:

Swedes
Strv 103

I like the swedish IKEA tank, do that one. If anyone else wants to read lots about that tank, go read TheFluff's post in TFR's Cold War thread, cool posts from swedish military archives there.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Ensign Expendable posted:

Oh yeah, so for the first time in years, Wargaming & Co. are writing faster than I care to translate. Therefore, I'll be taking requests again! Currently available for translation:

Swedes
Strv 103

AMX ELC

Pretty clear choices.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Give the Czechs some love

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I'd vote for the fv4202. It was bad at tier 10 and bad at tier 8. So what hilarity did the brits come up with for its design choices. Also, if you haven't read axeman jim's stuff about the british rail, you should, it is amazing.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

JuffoWup posted:

I'd vote for the fv4202. It was bad at tier 10 and bad at tier 8.

:agreed:

Also the 4005, because gently caress that line.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

about loving time:

they're integrating current vr/max vr/draw distance circles. the curr. one will be especially sweet since i imagine it'll actually be accurate.

e: also

quote:

Improved mechanics of activating First Aid Kit and Repair Kit
-Changed the logic of using Small Repair Kits and Small First Aid Kits. Now, if the consumable is used when there is just one damaged module/injured crew member, there will be no need to manually choose the module/crew member for repair/aid. The repair/treatment in that case will be done automatically.

didn't they already do this in some patch/test patch before rolling it back? i mean i really liked it so it's great that they're going for it but it's odd that they change their minds again

Prav fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Feb 6, 2016

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam
Should I get the Type 59? It's on sale in PS4 land

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Blackdog420 posted:

Should I get the Type 59? It's on sale in PS4 land

Depends on whether or not you can buy premium ammo for credits on the PS4. If you can't buy premium ammo for credits, definitely buy it. If you can, welp.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Hellsau posted:

Campaign 4 report:

SIMP is bad but not funny bad like VOLT or ROXY or IOC. There's my Fourth Campaign story. SIMP is in the top 15 clans because there simply aren't enough clans, not because we succeeded in any way. Welp got tank whatever.

did you deliberately play reward tanks because:

they are bad and totem are bad or because

they are rare and totem are salty

or was it both

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
Battle for Workers' Village #6

Queue is as follows:
Strv 103
ELC
T-40
FV4202
FV4005

Available:

:911:
M22 Locust
Medium Tank T2

ARL 44
AMX M4

:ussr:
LTP
KV-4
T-37 with ShKAS

:godwin:
Geschuetzpanzer MkVI (e)

:sweden:
Bandkanon 1
Otto Merker's tanks
Strv 74

:poland:
7TP
TK-3/TKS

Ensign Expendable fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 7, 2016

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

How do I take one of my replays and make a gif out of a part of it like you guys do all the time?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gooncam

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Paging ren to do the actual sperging about swedish tanks.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Thanks!

#SnapshotMeta

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

masterful

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Update from doing the Cent: AX missions: I have done the entire Crusader grind and it's a bonkers tank that is made of win and carries. It's so easy to look down after having a "bad game" and realize you shat out 750 damage before dying. Definitely a keeper for now.

Also the Cromwell is surprisingly usable with the 6-pounder. Oddly I'm doing better in this than I have in the Cromwell B, but it could just be random chance.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

http://wotreplays.eu/site/2464507?secret=32096e0ac00a7665211f2e49e576c542

I meant to post that earlier. It's a replay from an M43 game on Himmelsdorf. I wasn't looking forward to playing arty on that map, but it turned into a :magical: kind of game. Special mention to Zan for delivering the win.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Infected posted:

Paging ren to do the actual sperging about swedish tanks.

I'm not renhaxue, but I do occasionally sperg out about Swedish tanks: Strv m/42

Renhaxue also posts a bunch of stuff in that thread.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
So, this was certainly a game :stare:

It immediately followed a 333 exp loss in that same tank. Also my first Patrol Duty medal ever. In a loving KV-85.

This triple exp thing has been great for my KV-1 crew too, I stick them in the Churchill III for a win, then put them back in the KV-1 for another. I wish I had high enough tier crews of the right nations/classes to do this with my other premiums.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

stephenfry posted:

did you deliberately play reward tanks because:

they are bad and totem are bad or because

they are rare and totem are salty

or was it both

The M60 is actually incredibly fun to play, it's just trapped in a tier with a series of insanely overpowered and/or specialized tanks. We were playing reward tanks because they're sweet, fun, and we also didn't need the win so it was party time.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Development news: Storm is getting fi- promoted. Cyprus is a nice place to work, I guess. Better weather than Minsk, certainly.

Slava seems to be taking over, or at least picking up the Q&A. I'm a little unclear on who is/was the actual design lead, since it's supposed to not have been Storm.

Sayara
May 10, 2009
Hey what's this talk about shooting ap with arty? Before I started again it was HE all day long.

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4
Rip WZ-120

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4imQJfbJzdE

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
Development history of the KV-3

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
How do they go about premium tanks for nations with no trees?

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

ZombieLenin posted:

How do they go about premium tanks for nations with no trees?

I think you can only buy them with cash until the tree is put into the game, then you can buy the tank for gold.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Chillyrabbit posted:

I think you can only buy them with cash until the tree is put into the game, then you can buy the tank for gold.

Well I get the notion of releasing the premium right before the tech tree launches, but are they still doing that EU tree?

I'm just wondering how something like a Swedish premium tank is going to work if there will be no Swedish tech tree.

Specifically the crew. Do they really think people will buy a premium that is 100% (instead of mostly) useless as a crew trainer?

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

worked p well for the type 59

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

ZombieLenin posted:

Well I get the notion of releasing the premium right before the tech tree launches, but are they still doing that EU tree?

I'm just wondering how something like a Swedish premium tank is going to work if there will be no Swedish tech tree.

Specifically the crew. Do they really think people will buy a premium that is 100% (instead of mostly) useless as a crew trainer?

Do you actually read this thread?

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Infected posted:

Occasionally. Douche factor can be high. Case in point.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ZombieLenin posted:

Occasionally. Douche factor can be high. Case in point.

Well at least you admit to being a douche.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Infected posted:

Pretty sure he's got like 3/4 of the posts on ignore by now.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I have settled on getting to these tanks for mission clearing and maybe playing CW if I ever feel like kicking myself in the balls:

T-54 ltwt
E 100
M53/M55
Obj 263
Obj 140

I'm nearing my first campaign finished. I've been told not to bother with female crew in artillery, nor the E100 because it takes loving six and apparently neither super benefits from the free BIA. I have a Rudy, so I can re-train that crew into the Obj 140, I believe? Would the ltwt or the 263 benefit more from my first female crew?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
You're going to get the T-54 ltwt first, so put the crew in that thing. SoS is good in lights anyway because they're the toughest class to play and the little bonuses to viewrange, camo, speed, and maneuverability can make it easier to stay alive while contributing.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Medium tanks and TDs need all the skills that heavies need plus camo, so they're always better choices than heavies for girl crews or berlin crews. Put them in the mediums you play the most first.

Lights need basically the same skills as mediums, though even if the meta has shifted to repairs first on mediums you still want camo first on lights. I'd rather delay repairs (well, drop 100% repairs when you're done your third skill and take BiA + partial repairs) for a light tank and put the girl crew in a medium instead. I'd rather be playing a light without repairs than a medium without camo, but then again I still took camo first on my czech mediums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

snapshot erryday