Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Eonwe posted:

does he think multimillion dollar companies keep lawyers on retainer to send letters to internet trolls

like imagine if gabe newell had his lawyers send a letter every time someone called him fat on the internet or Ubisoft sent out letters every time someone called the company Ubishit

Sorry but neither of them are females.

Females are delicate, special, and need our protection at all times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Scruffpuff posted:

That's probably one of the only terrible outcomes of this project that won't happen. I suspect the real actors have run into the "director's wife" situation before (re: Kate Capshaw in Temple of Doom). That road does not lead to success.

You know, her career started at age 3 in '56 with a soap opera, and she had two movies before Indy, right? (Well, one movie and a TV movie.)

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

KiddieGrinder posted:

Sorry but neither of them are females.

Females are delicate, special, and need our protection at all times.

:agreed: That is why I keep my katana at hand at all times.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Samizdata posted:

You know, her career started at age 3 in '56 with a soap opera, and she had two movies before Indy, right? (Well, one movie and a TV movie.)

Note to self: fact-check before poo poo-talking. Learn to use "The Google".

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

DoctorStrangelove posted:

The sharpshooter holding the rifle when he's doing the pistol animation makes this relevant to Star Citizen.

It happens to me fairly frequently. The best part is the guns get "swapped" for the rest of the mission, he'll hold the pistol like it's a rifle while idle/moving and fire it when using the "fire sniper" or "overwatch" actions and then shoot the rifle like it's a pistol any time he does something with the pistol.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
:pgabz: on 1800

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Happy page 1800 from back here on page 1785

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Astroniomix posted:

It happens to me fairly frequently. The best part is the guns get "swapped" for the rest of the mission, he'll hold the pistol like it's a rifle while idle/moving and fire it when using the "fire sniper" or "overwatch" actions and then shoot the rifle like it's a pistol any time he does something with the pistol.

Did they keep the bug from XCOM1 where you can overwatch with the sniper for only one action point?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

MeLKoR posted:

spacetoaster posted:

Ok guys, I have to go be a weekend Soldier right now. If you could all just stop posting til Sunday night I'd really appreciate it.

Any bets on how many posts there will be when I come back?

My money is on 900...nah 1200.

I'm gonna say around page 1800 so more like 2200 posts.

... and as I predicted in my Feb 5th post :goonsay:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

:gary:1800:yarg:

:pgabz:

:lesnick:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Which will come first:

CIG releases a flyable Caterpillar

OR

Ben gets a pig heart (not for eating)

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Eonwe posted:

does he think multimillion dollar companies keep lawyers on retainer to send letters to internet trolls

like imagine if gabe newell had his lawyers send a letter every time someone called him fat on the internet or Ubisoft sent out letters every time someone called the company Ubishit

no you dont understand this is sandi, not gabe newell. sandi!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

How much backer money has been spent on monitoring this thread?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

This thread doubles in rate every second

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Hello Sandi please continue trying to beat Star Citizen's detractors at their own game. The thread is slowing down we could use a fun infusion. Thank you.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Scruffpuff posted:

Note to self: fact-check before poo poo-talking. Learn to use "The Google".

<tips fedora>

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Dudes like this can't ever have had sex

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

no you dont understand this is sandi, not gabe newell. sandi!

Yeah, and she's one of the best business women in the world. What has Gabe ever accomplished that makes him a relevant point of comparison, huh, huh, huh?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Incel Citizen

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

i don't think that's something you really need to worry about per se

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
They're saving themselves for the woman in the red dress.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Samizdata posted:

She's still a bad actress.

Proof that experience doesn't equal skill I suppose

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
professional photographers get laid all the time!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Chin posted:

They're saving themselves for the woman in the red dress.

lmao

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Tippis posted:

Yeah, and she's one of the best business women in the world. What has Gabe ever accomplished that makes him a relevant point of comparison, huh, huh, huh?

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3rs5vq/compiling_a_list_of_predictions_and_allegations/

lmfao how is this not a joke

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Sunswipe posted:

In addition to what others have said, I think CR's "saviour of PC gaming" mentality enters into it. He can't be the saviour if he does the same stuff that PC games are already doing. EVERYTHING has to be new and the product of his genius mind so that those he saves will owe their thanks to Christ Roberts and Christ Roberts alone.

Although why he has to reinvent so many wheels but is happy to use the Cryengine is beyond me.

Because CIG is the Monster Cables of Space Sims. Star Citizen will have an unprecedented system whereby you leave your ship controls, go to take a dump, lay on your rape cot and go into deep space hibernation. Thank god no one before Chris Roberts thought about having a "Save" option. They make every simple thing sound like it's unprecedented and terribly hard to implement which should be a huge red flag that you're being baffled with bullshit.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Come back to the thread, Karl.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

AugmentedVision posted:

Did they keep the bug from XCOM1 where you can overwatch with the sniper for only one action point?

It's a purely graphical bug.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
Congratulations thread in having more worthwhile content that the game we are discussing.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

That fuckwit should be beaten until he never dares to holds a gun wrongly again.

Fake edit : Sorry for the disproportionate anger over an entirely trivial thing, I think I've touched too much poop.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Rhubarb94 posted:

That fuckwit should be beaten until he never dares to holds a gun wrongly again.

Fake edit : Sorry for the disproportionate anger over an entirely trivial thing, I think I've touched too much poop.

post less

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Woah, woah, woah.
Think about what you just said.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

This thread is makin people crazy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

wow

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
page 1800!

gently caress Shitizens!!!!

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Glory to the Stimpire!

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

To be fair the guy who was typing it was apparently having a stroke at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

BeefThief posted:

This thread doubles in rate every second

triples

• Locked thread