Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Larry Parrish posted:

The Office of Personnel Management already lost enough personal info for a security clearance, like 3 years worth of references and past addresses and stuff, on top of my full finger and palm prints, so I'm that one insanely edge case where I don't care about biometric security because everything besides my retina and dickprint has been stolen. FTW.

also same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lol Game Center signed me out of my Apple TV 4 after it updated by itself. thankfully I just clicked sign in and didn't have to enter my pass at least.. but hmmm

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

fart simpson posted:

so what should someone in a third world country without an apple store do, like new zealand

move somewhere with civilization

seriously

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
or buy an android and cry that you have a lovely broken phone and live in the shire

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Just try not to break your phone, or use a burner

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

theultimo posted:

Cracked screen repair Apple vs 3rd party is like a 4x difference

this hasn't been true for years unless you're somehow getting a screen repair for like $30

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Dubstep Jesus posted:

this hasn't been true for years unless you're somehow getting a screen repair for like $30

i am getting them for $30 actually

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

those screen repairs are so cheap because they are using screens from stolen iphones that are stripped for parts because of activation lock.

also when you look into this a bit more you find out that ios doesn't actually permanently brick the phone when it detects the mismatched numbers. it will just error until a legit part is put in and paired in the firmware, which you can get done at an apple store or a third party company as long as they are an apple authorized service provider.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
third party screen repairs look like poo poo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Pissflaps posted:

you get what you pay for

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
cool its pissflaps

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
https://marco.org/2016/02/05/watch

lol. what an entitled over privileged man child

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Dirk Pitt posted:

https://marco.org/2016/02/05/watch

lol. what an entitled over privileged man child

because he likes watches now?

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
lol that guy is way too loving old to post about "discovering" watches

or to post that pic at all with his grey brushcut/pear shape/cargoes combo

jfc what happened to shame

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it died when we decided bullying was wrong

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Nice tits

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i skimmed the post and he likes nomos like me

so theyre either ftw or we both have bad taste

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

poty posted:

i skimmed the post and he likes nomos like me

so theyre either ftw or we both have bad taste

If those are the only options, and we know marco definitely is a whiny baby with bad taste...

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

thanks

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

infernal machines posted:

it died when we decided bullying was wrong

but siracusa gets to rip marco every week!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Bobby Digital posted:

but siracusa gets to rip marco every week!

what happens in the bedroom between two consenting adults is none of our business

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Pissflaps posted:

turn your phone on

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
rMBP 13 vs rMBP 15

what say you

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Valeyard posted:

rMBP 13 vs rMBP 15

what say you

13 is a better form factor for portability, 15 has a better screen and more power. go with whichever needs your particular suits.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Raluek posted:

go with whichever needs your particular suits.

this is objectively wrong

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Valeyard posted:

rMBP 13 vs rMBP 15

what say you

what are you going to do with it

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
lets say it will mostly be a desktop replacement, with occasional need to take out of the home but not often

in my heart, i know the answer

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

yeah get the 15, I have one at work and it's great plugged into two cinema displays and still portable + light enough to pick up and toss in my bag if needed. much nicer than the heavy old disc drive 15 inch mbps

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
yeah the 15 is only really noticeably bigger than the 13 if you're having to carry it around all day every day, its still very slim and light really

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Valeyard posted:

desktop replacement

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
the thing is im not sure if i even need the beefy machine anymore

the occasional time I will work from home I will have it docked to something regardless of which one i get, and lets say that working from home it may aswell be a dumb terminal

outside of work i use my phone, ill probably get a tablet after the march event, and the laptop will be for anything else that doesnt go well with that other stuff

but do i need a quad core beast with dedicated gpu? idk, maybe not. my steam library gathers dust and i dont pc game

i just dont know

Valeyard fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Feb 8, 2016

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

just get an android

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Valeyard posted:

desktop replacement

Get a PC laptop for the same money, you will be happier with a desktop replacement instead of 2 YR old hardware stuffed in a case

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

theultimo posted:

Get a PC laptop for the same money, you will be happier with a desktop replacement instead of 2 YR old hardware stuffed in a case

name some models then, be helpful

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
get a desktop and a real big UPS

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Stux posted:

name some models then, be helpful

ASUS rog with a 960 or 970 Geforce, about the same price and 2x power

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you're going to use it as an actual desktop replacement, then get a PC that's the same price and twice the power but doesn't look as sexy I guess?

If you're going to replace a desktop you only ever browse the web with, then you could just buy a Chromebook for $199 and call it a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
sager laptops seem to sit astride that "doesn't look like poo poo like asus" but "powerful desktop replacement" line, and you can customize them

the rmbp 15s this year all have amd chips lomarf, and if you want to use windows on them the switchable graphics mode is and has always been poo poo in bootcamp

the razer blade 2015 has a decent mobile graphics chip, nvidia gtx 970m

• Locked thread