Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Augus posted:

I like how Vegeta specifically mentions doping being prohibited as part of the World Tournament rules, as if that mattered in the slightest bit at the power levels they've reached.
Also Goku and Vegeta being students together is pretty fun to watch.

Eh, it depends what you mean by "doping". Gaining power from external sources has been relevant in every recent arc - Vegeta's Majin powerup, Goku's SSG powerup, and of course bringing in a bunch of senzu beans into a fight would be pretty cheap as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
So wait, senzu beans are the hgh of db?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
They're the ultimate performance enhancer. "Oh no, I'm doing terribly at *competitive physical activity*, better pop a senzu and be back at 100% while everyone else is wearing down!"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah Senzu beans do the exact thing that steroids actually can be proven to do. Aid in recovery time.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Well that changes everything. Frieza was the real winner, no shortcuts.

Goku better not be allowed into heaven next time he dies

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Strongest Z-fighter: Gohan*

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

visceril posted:

Strongest Z-fighter: Gohan*
Did Gohan even abuse senzu beans all that much when he trained. I'm recalling that's mostly on Goku.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's the whole Saiyan's get a power boost when they nearly die thing too, so Senzu are used as PED in that sense too.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Twiddy posted:

Did Gohan even abuse senzu beans all that much when he trained. I'm recalling that's mostly on Goku.

Cell got one when he fought against Gohan so...

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Twiddy posted:

I think gohan eats a senzu bean like twice in all of dbz. goku gives him one before fighting vegeta and again when he comes to help out against the ginyu force. gohan does get power ups from dende healing him and more directly from the old namekian guy tho

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Elder Kai ritual is one giant PED

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Gohan is straight up an after school PSA. Why, don't you see, they power was inside him all along!

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Well, what better way to end the week that wouldn't end than with a good beer and episode 5 of DBGT!:
  • I really want to know what kind of story the government is weaving about a small band of children to get people to freak out this badly over them.
  • Our heroes still seem to have forgotten that they can fly. Which is good I guess because foot chases are really boring when people can just fly into the stratosphere and nuke their pursuers from orbit.
  • Goku, the man who's punches shake the very fabric of spacetime, loudly shouts about how much falling through a roof hurt.
  • Pan let's everyone get captured so they can get close to Don Kia. Which is stupid because they are more than strong enough to just storm his base. Which is exactly what they do the second they to reach the facility anyway, so why did they even bother to get captured in the first place???
  • At one point the crew's charge is stopped by some sort of floor device activated by Don Kia. The idea that even power as great as Goku's can be stopped with the right technology is actually pretty interesting. Too bad this show will probably never follow up on the concept.
  • Nope! Stop! Nope! Sorry I don't believe you show. I do not believe that this random rear end in a top hat's bodyguard is strong enough to be anything resembling a real threat. Try harder GT!
  • I like that Redjic uses swords though. Weapons have always been way underutilized in this franch-
  • Oh ,they're broken. Nevermind.
  • GT continues the proud tradition of villains nailing Goku in the junk:

• And after all that buildup Redjic goes down like a bitch, surprising no one.
  • Redjic turns on Don Kia in disgust despite his employer's behavior not particularly bothering him up until now.
  • Don Kia is totally going to go back on his word the second Goku and Co leave.
  • Aaaand that's the end of our first mini-arc! It wasn't the worst thing ever, but it certainly wasn't what I'd call "good" either. In addition to being way overlong (this whole thing could have been condensed into a single episode) it fails spectacularly in what should have been it's primary function of establishing the universe, the characters, and the new rules for the franchise. I have NO clue how powerful anyone is supposed to be and as a result none of the action sequences have any tension. I could get past this if the character's were at least interesting, but even that's kind of a mess here. Pan's immature-but-tough-kid thing kind of works but Trunks is boring as poo poo and doesn't seem to have any actual characterization to speak of. Goku is still Goku but the show fucks even that up by trying to make him both the person he was at the end of Z and the person he was at the beginning of Dragonball at the same time. Should I even bother mentioning the completely forgettable villains? Overall a huge waste of a pretty good setup.

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Feb 7, 2016

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

new episode is out

god gohan you suck

pretty cool picollo gohon fight

this episode is a clip show

they got buu and picollo

that's about it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Namtab and I finally finished watching the last eps of FF7 abridged and whoever told me this got better was loving lying to me. They spend more time on the board room meeting scene making lovely gags than the actual game does trying to build up foreshadowing and Shinra's flunkies.

Last episode had like three good jokes and the rest was gross

Nice to hear from Edwyn Tong again tho, thanks for reading

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I find it easier to watch GT is you keep in mind that Pan just wants to have an adventure like her granddad used to, including the difficulties and the stereotypes that go with it, Goku is just along to make Pan happy and Trunks is there as punishment for not training hard enough.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Mordaedil posted:

I find it easier to watch GT is you keep in mind that Pan just wants to have an adventure like her granddad used to, including the difficulties and the stereotypes that go with it, Goku is just along to make Pan happy and Trunks is there as punishment for not training hard enough.

i don't remember goku being molested by a fawn

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

You haven't read my fanfics haha

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Condiv posted:

i don't remember goku being molested by a fawn

Goku does most of the molesting in DB

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
When Buu said that Satan has given him everything he needs and he won't wish for anything, I openly wept. Buu is too pure for this world.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mordaedil posted:

But Goku's adventures weren't lame as gently caress and he also fought strong dudes and got strong. Pan didn't do that at all.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

I love the idea that Vegeta does the recap voiceover.

Also Krillin's TACOS shirt is the best.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Did I see Bra in the preview?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

zelah posted:

When Buu said that Satan has given him everything he needs and he won't wish for anything, I openly wept. Buu is too pure for this world.

I wish Satan would just put a ring on it already.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Did I see Bra in the preview?

Pretty sure that's young Bulma, it's how she looked in the Jaco manga. Probably a flashback?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I have to seriously wonder just how much time passed between Freeza and now. Krillin's hair grew again and Gohan's gone back to spiky hair.

Also Uub was born...but previous material put his birth much earlier than this, on the same year Kid Buu was killed at that. If Uub was born now, then time is all messed up, Uub would probably be around 4 when he meets Goku. Then again, Super retconned so much about the timeline that nothing makes any goddamn sense anyways, so I should probably just stop thinking.

Instead I'll say that Buu not wanting any wishes for himself but for Satan is the cutest thing and I'm glad he gets to show some niceness after his previous appearances in both BoG and Super only showed him as a self-centered jerkass.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
So the Super Dragon Balls have no limits. If they actully give Mr Satan his wish. It would kind of be great if he wished he actually was the strongest warrior in the universe.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Blaze Dragon posted:

I have to seriously wonder just how much time passed between Freeza and now. Krillin's hair grew again and Gohan's gone back to spiky hair.

8 months since Shenron was able to be summoned

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MonsterEnvy posted:

So the Super Dragon Balls have no limits. If they actully give Mr Satan his wish. It would kind of be great if he wished he actually was the strongest warrior in the universe.

If there are no limits, then the first wish should be for more wishes.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
"Goku Wishes for the Ultimate Enemy*

*Broly appears as a Legendary Super Sayian God Super Sayian 2*

*The True Ending of Super Begins*

*Toriyama walks away with pockets full of Yen*

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Baal posted:

Nice to hear from Edwyn Tiong again tho, thanks for reading

Edwyn is a good dude and deserves more work.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Toriyama probably doesn't even know who Broly is

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

If you don't understand the current power levels, just wait until you get further. Trunks is probably weaker than Yamcha at this point in the story. :psyduck: At least that was what I always got out of it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The next 4 episode titles, from episodes 31-34. Forget where we're up to by aired numbers.

DBS ep.31: "To Lord Zuno! Ask About the Location of the Super Dragon Balls!"
DBS ep.32: "The Matches Begin! Everyone Head to the Nameless Planet"
DBS ep.33: "Be Surprised, Universe 6! This is Super Saiyan Son Goku"
DBS ep.34: "Piccolo vs Frost! Bet Everything on the Makankosappo"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I thought Goku was fighting first?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Squallege posted:

I wish Satan would just put a ring on it already.

I've always gotten the impression that Satan kind of sees Buu as his second kid, tbh.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I thought Goku was fighting first?

He does, and I would assume he beats Winnie the Pooh and then loses to Frost or the the winner stays on aspect isn't true.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

He does, and I would assume he beats Winnie the Pooh and then loses to Frost or the the winner stays on aspect isn't true.

I admit I'm surprised that we're only spend one episode on that fight then!

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The next 4 episode titles, from episodes 31-34. Forget where we're up to by aired numbers.

Manga spoilers in these by the way just in case anyone doesn't want to see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

ImpAtom posted:

I admit I'm surprised that we're only spend one episode on that fight then!

Yeah, what the Hell show is this?

• Locked thread