Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

"No one's here who doesn't want to be here"

Except Jackson, who was drugged and kidnapped.

:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

SiKboy posted:

Ordinarily I would agree, but dude, look at this;

Seriously, have you considered seeing a therapist?
By golly, a TV show made someone angry! Prep the straightjackets guys, this has totally never happened before in human history.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Crump was channeling Cristoph Waltz with his little speech this episode.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I had the same reaction to that. If you can't write yourself out of it why even put Savage in that situation to begin with? I think I'm done with the show because that was idiotic.

Don't think too hard about it usually works for these kinds of shows, but this one just annoyed me for whatever reason. I don't need to see a therapist about it.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I have a twinge of cognitive dissonance every time someone calls Heatwave by his given name on a show that stars Arthur Darville.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kesper North posted:

I have a twinge of cognitive dissonance every time someone calls Heatwave by his given name on a show that stars Arthur Darville.

Yeah I get all "hey wait..." each time.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Kesper North posted:

:agreed: There was a moment where I kept wondering why they were referring to Rory as a criminal before I realized what I was thinking.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
*posts angry walls of text analyzing the show's relevance to reality and plot*

*continues to watch show every week*

Jesus, what is this? The WWE Raw thread?

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
This show keeps making me go "Huh?" "What?" and "Why?" at them knocking Savage down and then letting Hawkpeople fight him alone, at leaving Savage incapacitated with the knife that can kill him etc. etc. but I keep watching it for some reason.

That reason is Arthur Darvill in cool costumes.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
We're still early enough into the series where I'm willing to write that sort of thing off as 'these people are all borderline incompetent and really terrible at accomplishing their stated goal'.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The crew leaving Savage and the knife wouldn't have been an issue if Chronos or somebody had jumped through the window or smashed through the ceiling and started shooting at them and they'd had to leg it back the ship.

Maybe Savage would benefit more generally - in terms of his threat level - from having Chronos (or somebody) hanging around at his shoulder to help him out with the fighting, make it a bit less lopsided when he goes up against the crew?

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Martout posted:

This show keeps making me go "Huh?" "What?" and "Why?" at them knocking Savage down and then letting Hawkpeople fight him alone, at leaving Savage incapacitated with the knife that can kill him etc. etc. but I keep watching it for some reason.

That reason is Arthur Darvill in cool costumes.

Same, but Caity Lotz murdering people.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

odiv posted:

I had the same reaction to that. If you can't write yourself out of it why even put Savage in that situation to begin with? I think I'm done with the show because that was idiotic.

Don't think too hard about it usually works for these kinds of shows, but this one just annoyed me for whatever reason. I don't need to see a therapist about it.

This guy gets it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

*posts angry walls of text analyzing the show's relevance to reality and plot*

*continues to watch show every week*

Jesus, what is this? The WWE Raw thread?

Superheroes tend to exist at a level of writing similar to wrestling

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Xelkelvos posted:

Superheroes tend to exist at a level of writing similar to wrestling

Hulk Hogan quit the WWF due to kryptonite poisoning

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

WarLocke posted:

Hulk Hogan quit the WWF due to kryptonite poisoning

He does not like it when he is around different colors.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Feb 7, 2016

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gonz posted:

Just cryogenically freeze him and launch him into deep space.

Worked for doomsday

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

bobkatt013 posted:

He does not like when he is around different colors.

drat, I guess I walked right into that one. Well played.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Even if everything good that has happened in the CW DC universe show was somehow not good then all that bad would still be worth it for Wentworth Miller's Leonard Snart. The greatest TV comic villain since Frank Gorshin.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

X-O posted:

Even if everything good that has happened in the CW DC universe show was somehow not good then all that bad would still be worth it for Wentworth Miller's Leonard Snart. The greatest TV comic villain since Frank Gorshin.

I've always liked Captain Cold, ever since Super Friends when I was a kid. I like how he has a code of honor -- pull jobs, work with a team but keep them in line, no world domination plans, no killing innocent people, grudging respect for the Flash.

But he has been so perfect on these shows, and I have become not only a bigger Captain Cold fan, but a huge Wentworth Miller fan. I even binge-watched all of Prison Break in December and January, and I think any fans of him and Dominic Purcell need to give it a chance. His Flash appearances are some of the best episodes of the show, and he is making Legends my most entertaining show right now. Every line he delivers is pure perfection, and I love that he's going to end up with a redemption arc of sorts.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

The first time he said "The Scarlet Speedster!" I felt like comic book tv had peaked.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

X-O posted:

Eh, he's still second compared to Tom Cavanaugh's Reverse Flash.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Absolutely wrong.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

X-O posted:

Absolutely wrong.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Sorry you don't appreciate machiavellian rear end in a top hat mentors, but everything revolving around him in Flash S1 solidified him as the best. Cold is fun, especially on LOT, but he's no Eobard.

Though I will concede that Cold in the comics is far better than Eobard.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Pentag'n

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
I guess I have to take back my complaints about CTV playing this an half hour later, since they aired this weeks episode days early after the Superbowl.

Good episode! Kicks off right away with some fun stuff.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Episode 4 leaked, i'm watching it now.

edit: beaten.

hahaha Ray, Top Gun

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Feb 8, 2016

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I don't normally watch leaks, but it's really CTV's fault for airing this four days early than the American broadcast.

That said, Cold seriously steals this whole loving show holy poo poo.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Who was the Russian chick? Pretty hot.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

Who was the Russian chick? Pretty hot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentina_Vostok Wonder if they're going to go the same route on the show. Head to the 60s and hint at the Doom Patrol, maybe?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

lotus circle posted:

I don't normally watch leaks, but it's really CTV's fault for airing this four days early than the American broadcast.

Why did they do this, some sort of Superbowl competition or just an odd decision?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Brace yourselves for another week of Prison Break jokes. As if we've ever gone a week without them since Wentworth Miller first showed up on Flash.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

KatWithHands posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentina_Vostok Wonder if they're going to go the same route on the show. Head to the 60s and hint at the Doom Patrol, maybe?

Oh poo poo, Wellick's wife from Mr Robot

She's a fine fine looking woman.

Bruceski posted:

Brace yourselves for another week of Prison Break jokes. As if we've ever gone a week without them since Wentworth Miller first showed up on Flash.

I'm down for as many of those jokes as they can cram in there, probably won't get another chance.
Wentworth Miller is carrying this show. And whoever is playing savage, when he's actually around... chewing on scenery like a beaver.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Feb 8, 2016

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
They should do a 3 episode arc on Flash where it's from Snart and Mick's perspective.... casing joints rassing snitches. laying traps for Flash. Get a glimpse of the underworld.

Imagine all the cold puns, it'd be glorious.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cold puns and Russian prison break. I am ready for next week.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Bruceski posted:

Why did they do this, some sort of Superbowl competition or just an odd decision?

In Canada CTV is the broadcaster of the Superbowl, but not of the Colbert Late Show which CBS has slotted for their post superbowl spot. So CTV had its own post-superbowl slot they wanted to put a new episode of something in and decided on DC LoT. I didn't even realize this was happening until sometime in the 4th quarter.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Stein, you rear end in a top hat. 1985 was not "the height of the cold war"

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I don't care about any of the flaws, I bloody love this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

It was... in the universe of Watchmen.

• Locked thread