Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Brain In A Jar posted:

If I want to breakthrough my weapon, do I just need to keep running Blackram Narrows over and over again until either the boss drops a plagued weapon I can use, or I get one in the end chest?

Because that's, uh, not fun

It sucks but by the time you're done you should have all the boss tokens from there you'll need for your next jewelry breakthroughs.

hyung posted:

Any red clans on Mushin? grinding in this sandy piece of poo poo map is kind of lonely.

We all jumped ship to blue so we could actually finish our PvP dalies and get the soulstones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Brain In A Jar posted:

If I want to breakthrough my weapon, do I just need to keep running Blackram Narrows over and over again until either the boss drops a plagued weapon I can use, or I get one in the end chest?

Because that's, uh, not fun

Unless you're like, super opposed to spending any money on the game (or can't for whatever reason), just buy a Brilliant Viridian Key in the shop for 80 nccoin. It will guarantee you your class weapon from the box and save you a ton of time.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So it turns out High Quality Fabric isn't enough for a transmutation box.. you need 10 regular Fabric and they cost like 4g a piece :suicide:

Is the only way to get fabrics still buying store costumes (aka. 15€)? And is there really a chance you go through all of that and just get a piece of fabric from the box?

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Your Computer posted:

So it turns out High Quality Fabric isn't enough for a transmutation box.. you need 10 regular Fabric and they cost like 4g a piece :suicide:

Is the only way to get fabrics still buying store costumes (aka. 15€)? And is there really a chance you go through all of that and just get a piece of fabric from the box?

Yyyyep. Bots crashed the price of fabric/HQ fabric, so they removed the ability to do it to any outfits save cash shop stuff. there are supposed to be outfits in the 50 patch we can salvage, as well as actually trade/sell, but no confirm on what it'llbe in western release. So enjoy your 40 dollar (or about 25gold) grab bag, with chance to fail and produce nothing!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

HapiMerchant posted:

So enjoy your 40 dollar (or about 25gold) grab bag, with chance to fail and produce nothing!

Closer to 50 gold at the current price :negative:

Kinda tempted to do it anyway, but then again 50 gold might be useful for other stuff.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
The fabric grab bag is just some exclusive costumes. If you are fine with tossing that much gold at a chance for one of them, go for it. Then again, when the currency exchange is finally turned back on, prices for fabric are most likely going to change, and since those grab bags aren't going anywhere, you might be better off just biding your time.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Schubalts posted:

The fabric grab bag is just some exclusive costumes. If you are fine with tossing that much gold at a chance for one of them, go for it. Then again, when the currency exchange is finally turned back on, prices for fabric are most likely going to change, and since those grab bags aren't going anywhere, you might be better off just biding your time.

Currency exchange? And yeah, there's one costume from the HQ fabric bag that I want so the odds aren't exactly in my favor :shittydog:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

NCsoft disabled the in-game function where players can buy NCoins and place sell orders on them, so you can spend in-game money to get NCoins directly from other players. They said they re-enable it later on.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Your Computer posted:

There is actually a chance where you succeed the craft, but it eats all your materials and spit out a high quality fabric instead. And according to the GMs its intended to do that. Unless you really like risk and like to gamble or has money pouring out your pockets I wouldn't go for it. Maybe the cheaper costume box.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
Save your money and buy these bad boys on the 10th.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
With that and the other new shop costumes, this game is looking more like TERA than ever.

Velveteen posted:

Maybe the cheaper costume box.
Doesn't drop the one outfit I want :suicide:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Bet they're gonna put those at 0.5% drop rate in RNG boxes and go on a major whaling expedition.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Nah, when asked, they said they'll be sold in valentine's bundles.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I decided to try the game on a lark since some of my friends are playing it, but I've had some issues logging in. I registered my account then tried to start playing, but it kept saying my login info was wrong until it locked me out. I reset my password, started trying again, and got locked out a second time. I then tried to log onto the support site, but it STILL said I was putting in the information wrong. I know I'm putting it in correctly, is this a problem anyone else has had?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

This gold grind at 45 is brutal. It's like if you spend any money at all not for the express purpose of dumping it into your weapon then get hosed and wait till you can do the other dailies before you get to go to blackram supply

edit: two things

I wish they had made it more clear how the blackram dailies worked, and it's somewhat soloable but still kind of painful to do most of them

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Feb 8, 2016

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

I prefer to solo them at this point, every time I get into a group everyone just explodes over the map doing everything at once.

At least this way I get a monopoly on all the Elite Crit 8 slices.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Zweihander01 posted:

I prefer to solo them at this point, every time I get into a group everyone just explodes over the map doing everything at once.

At least this way I get a monopoly on all the Elite Crit 8 slices.

I don't really do enough damage with my true infernal stage 5 to solo very well, and the respawn time on some of these dudes is monstrous.

Aleksanders
Jul 13, 2004
If I were not Aleksanders, then I would wish to be Diogenes.
Anyone on Jiwan that can invite? The two to ask for invites are never on when I am. Character name is Vonnegit.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
So, protip for pro players. True Profane/Awakened Siren is up in the air, but DO NOT (unless you're a serious wallet warrior) bother with True siren until you've saved the elements and such up to just get to true 10 in one go. true siren 10 is just Awakened siren 10 with 6 extra attack power.

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010
A friend of mine linked me this earlier if any of the foreign server vets have any thoughts on it. The Soulstone statement I don't quite get since they look like they'll be easier than ever to get if we actually can buy them with beans next patch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/44nl4q/guide_for_feb_10_patch/

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I spent like 50 gold to go from true profane to awaken siren 8. It was expensive. I do have a big diamond already so I really had nothing else to spend it on but a weapon. I did not think it would be that expensive but it was and now I have to live in a box because I spent all my savings on a staff that isn't even level 10.

Just to let everyone know you only get a 20% focus regen proc from levels 1-5 and you get an additional 10% for each level after up to 70% at level 10. So I'm stuck with a weak 50% proc.

Velveteen fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Feb 8, 2016

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

jaffyjaffy posted:

A friend of mine linked me this earlier if any of the foreign server vets have any thoughts on it. The Soulstone statement I don't quite get since they look like they'll be easier than ever to get if we actually can buy them with beans next patch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/44nl4q/guide_for_feb_10_patch/

sounds like it's worth upgrading to true pirate anyways then, if only to skip straight to a 50 weapon

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
Doesn't spiral labyrinth (at level 45) have legendary weapons? How does that tie into the progression? Is that a parallel path?

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Okay so I told myself I would never play an MMORPG again but then I also recently felt a need to play an open world RPG with good combat and a class that I described to myself as "a guy with a samurai sword and lightning powers." Apparently this korean MMORPG has exactly that class so now I want to kill myself god drat

How bad is this game from a scale from Ninja Gaiden Black to Korean MMORPG

How long/uninteresting is the grind

Can you level up your dude with PvP

How many drugs should I pre-emptively take before I load this game up

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Minorkos posted:

Okay so I told myself I would never play an MMORPG again but then I also recently felt a need to play an open world RPG with good combat and a class that I described to myself as "a guy with a samurai sword and lightning powers." Apparently this korean MMORPG has exactly that class so now I want to kill myself god drat

It's pretty kmmo, but only at level cap

Leveling is so fast it's actually harder to level in NA then it is in KR, but then at 45 it's the typical mmo 'do dailies a lot'. Come the 10th, things get a lot more interesting both in choice of pve grind and the fact you now get rewards for pvp, which means you can if you'd like pvp for your progression instead of pveing. for both you and others, the processs on this is pvp ->earn zen beans->buy soulstone pouches with zen beans -> sell soulstones/keep them for your own progression

Yes, but you're going to get bloody dicked unless you roll certain classes. "guy with samurai sword and lightning" by the way, is the Lyn blade dancer, aka the tiny animal ears race version. This may or may not discourage you from playing it. It's one of those certain classes, by the by.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

HapiMerchant posted:

"guy with samurai sword and lightning" by the way, is the Lyn blade dancer, aka the tiny animal ears race version

oh my goooooooooooooood gently caress you korea

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Feb 8, 2016

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Minorkos posted:

oh my goooooooooooooood gently caress you korea

if you're willing to drop the lightning and replace it with "floating swords" and "teleporting behind you", you can have the Blade Master, which is available to Yuns (the female only elf race) or Jins (the normal human race) ((which can be guy or girl)). No giants for you though.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Minorkos posted:

The grind is actually surprisingly short compared to other Korean mmos, or just mmos in general. Getting to 45 doesn't take much effort however that also depends on how bad your RNG can be on getting drops from dungeons. After you hit 45 you'll end up having to grind dailies over and over for gold just to feed into your ever hungry weapons. If you're not a fan of PvP you'll be missing out on a lot of content because arenas are fun as heck. You can also level with PvP but that is much slower than just questing in PvE. The quests are boring fetch and kill x number of monster quests though so taking a break and doing arenas isn't such a bad idea. Although your level/stats/gear are scaled in PvP, the skill points and skills learned from levels aren't so you'll want to be max level to fight competitively.

HapiMerchant posted:

Yes, but you're going to get bloody dicked unless you roll certain classes. "guy with samurai sword and lightning" by the way, is the Lyn blade dancer, aka the tiny animal ears race version. This may or may not discourage you from playing it. It's one of those certain classes, by the by.

Blade Masters also have a lot of lightning sword attacks. Maybe not as many as the Blade Dancer but they have this lightning slash that does massive damage as well as this giant pentagon of swords and lightning drops from the sky and stabs people. I don't play either of those classes so I can't tell you for sure how many lightning skills they have.

Assassins also get to stab people with lightning bolts.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

This game is being published by NCSoft? Wow aren't they like the least incompetent mmorpg publisher? I actually had fun the last time I played GW2 since I was able to progress with PvP alone.

Okay I'm gonna give this a try since I got nothing else to play. I don't want to play as a furry race so can someone just tell me which class is the most like dagger/pistol thief in GW2? I liked jumping across the battle to deal a billion damage and then immediately jumping away. Or if the game is really like a fighting game then I want a class that plays like Ninja Gaiden somehow

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Minorkos posted:

This game is being published by NCSoft? Wow aren't they like the least incompetent mmorpg publisher? I actually had fun the last time I played GW2 since I was able to progress with PvP alone.

Okay I'm gonna give this a try since I got nothing else to play. I don't want to play as a furry race so can someone just tell me which class is the most like dagger/pistol thief in GW2? I liked jumping across the battle to deal a billion damage and then immediately jumping away. Or if the game is really like a fighting game then I want a class that plays like Ninja Gaiden somehow

Assassin, to both requests. You are a literal, no joke, ninja. Wooden logs, shurkins, izuna drop, the works.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

HapiMerchant posted:

Assassin, to both requests. You are a literal, no joke, ninja. Wooden logs, shurkins, izuna drop, the works.

My only problem with assassins is that they're too zappy and not enough stabby :v:

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
So I wrote earlier in this thread about having issues in PvP as a Lyn Bladedancer. I felt completely useless and had no idea what to do against any classes. After reaching level 44 yesterday, I decided to try some arenas again and.. :getin: It's so brutal. If I'm good at timing my spins, I can practically keep my enemies stunlocked throughout the duration of my fight while I let loose dealing all sorts of incredible damage towards them. My record, right now is a 15 win streak. I managed to lose against a rather good assassin that countered each and every attack I gave, which was incredibly admirable. Funny thing was when I reached gold and did an arena match, I encountered a Kung Fu Master who I assume was using animation cancelling scripts as he pretty much managed to get me from 40% to 0% in less than four seconds and all I could hear was an endless stream of shouts and groans from him. So I decided to play smart and just keep him stunned, time every attack of his, and I managed to win in the end. Got some pretty pissed off messages on the arena-chat after that.

It's also pretty funny being a midget death machine, especially when my character looks like he could belong in Rupauls Dragrace.

Sashay away.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Stalins Moustache posted:

So I wrote earlier in this thread about having issues in PvP as a Lyn Bladedancer. I felt completely useless and had no idea what to do against any classes. After reaching level 44 yesterday, I decided to try some arenas again and.. :getin: It's so brutal. If I'm good at timing my spins, I can practically keep my enemies stunlocked throughout the duration of my fight while I let loose dealing all sorts of incredible damage towards them. My record, right now is a 15 win streak. I managed to lose against a rather good assassin that countered each and every attack I gave, which was incredibly admirable. Funny thing was when I reached gold and did an arena match, I encountered a Kung Fu Master who I assume was using animation cancelling scripts as he pretty much managed to get me from 40% to 0% in less than four seconds and all I could hear was an endless stream of shouts and groans from him. So I decided to play smart and just keep him stunned, time every attack of his, and I managed to win in the end. Got some pretty pissed off messages on the arena-chat after that.

It's also pretty funny being a midget death machine, especially when my character looks like he could belong in Rupauls Dragrace.

Sashay away.

Got any info on what build you are using? I've just gotten into pvp too (although I'm level 37) and while my PVE combo of launching people up into the air then blading the gently caress out of them initially worked out ok, now I'm having trouble.

Mao
Apr 18, 2007

Playing a Lyn Blade Dancer is fun. I feel like some cracked out sith squirrel, zipping around the battle, force choking people and stabbing them over and over before electrocuting the poo poo out of them. Shits fun. I don't think they are the best for soloing instances and they are fairly squishy when you do get hit, but they are just fun.

I've also started leveling a Summoner, and the most I can liken it to is the old TF2 movie about the inside of the Pyro's head. I'm all a cute lil squirrel, skipping around with my pet cat and spewing sunflowers and rose petals every where and giggling all happy day and poo poo just dies like I am the angel of death.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!

Minorkos posted:

As said above, assassin is what you're looking for, but blade master perfectly fits your earlier jonesing for a samurai with lightning. Blade master is the non-lyn race version. They even get a draw stance that's like the glorious Nippon iajutsu style of katana attacking from the sheath (there are no sheaths, but that does not reduce your honor). Your main attack becomes a lightning slash line aoe that does hefty damage, and you can do a dash slash whenever you crit while you are in draw stance.

It's a fun and cool class that most goons seem to skip for blade dancer. It takes longer to get good, unfortunately. But, its one of the two 'tanky' classes that can spec into threat moves. It can still pop out whole loads of damage, mind you, and just feels slick to play once it gets going.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Yeah I tried out the Blade Master, and then the Assassin, and I ended up liking the Blade Master more. Something about the Assassin's basic attacks and movement just felt awkward compared to the BM. I kinda like that riposte mechanic too, although it seems like it could be annoying to employ in PvP.

I guess I'll stick to Blade Master. But then again I just read that Blade Master apparently sucks right now. Supposedly he should be getting buffed on the 10th, though? And then some more when some kind of level 50 patch hits in March?

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
They definitely feel lackluster in pvp, but I don't know if that is ever addressed. When it comes to pve, they feel perfectly fine to me. Part of me wishes we had a way of measuring damage, but my current build seems to do loads of damage. Not to mention, you can also tank with the class and have the super safe block.

It feels fun and rewarding, have no current issues dealing damage at endgame, and can tank. It's a good class.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

It's definitely addressed, they're a pretty dominant PvP class in Korea right now. They really just need the extra skill points from hongmoon levels and some of their hongmoon skills.

Endings
Jan 17, 2012

Close your eyes...

Dawnfire posted:

They definitely feel lackluster in pvp, but I don't know if that is ever addressed. When it comes to pve, they feel perfectly fine to me. Part of me wishes we had a way of measuring damage, but my current build seems to do loads of damage. Not to mention, you can also tank with the class and have the super safe block.

It feels fun and rewarding, have no current issues dealing damage at endgame, and can tank. It's a good class.

The common wisdom going around is that the extra skill points from the 5 hongmoon levels coming on the 10th should provide enough breathing room in BM builds to round out their options and let them be stronger in PvP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

At what point level wise would this thread consider it a good idea to start trying PvP? I assume there's at least some sort of recommended minimum so that certain abilities are unlocked, etc. Is it dependent on class?

• Locked thread