Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

play a caster and cheapshot your way to victory

change your avatar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That guy should not be allowed to post until his avatar is fixed.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

That guy should not be allowed to post until his avatar is fixed.

Agreed.. one hundred billion times.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Mitch Cronin showed us how if you zoom in on a guy looking at a nudie mag in a cutscene in Saints Row the producer of the games head is photoshopped onto the nude mag model LOL

Edit: lmfao

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

The only lovely rom hack I know about is a FF6 one where Kefka says Fuckballs

isnt that the total rebalance thing games was talking about like a year ago. that sounded cool aside from the dumb idiot script

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Played some Dark Souls, just started it and I'm getting my rear end whooped by the Taurus demon... I think I'm going to restart as the scimitar guy, they seem more agile and Bloodborne-like.
Rolling and movement speeds are affected only by your equip weight, FYI, so your Dex stat doesn't play into it, if you're worried about being quick and agile. All the starting classes are good in Dark Souls, but if you're playing blind I don't recommend a magic class because it's easy to miss out on magic stuff.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

But you don't really need advice! The game plays great blind.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hey all, this game's real great and stuff, real challenging and hard and great to play blind UNLESS you get the Rat King's Sword from the dragon on level 3-1, and by the way put all your points in Chin and Dex.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Hey all, this game's real great and stuff, real challenging and hard and great to play blind UNLESS you get the Rat King's Sword from the dragon on level 3-1, and by the way put all your points in Chin and Dex.

Lmao.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Yeah man, that would be a super Games thing to -- [looks at own post] [looks at mod star]

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Lol. Also it's funny that the most oft repeated advice abut Demons Souls involves getting a weapon on 3-1, so you may have actually absorbed that through osmosis.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I really need to pick up Dark Souls again, I beat the bell gargoyles and then got really busy with other poo poo and took too long getting back to it. The Demon/Dark Souls/BB simulplay thread that In Training started got me interested enough to give it another shot but I'm too deep in Dragon's Dogma right now.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Holy gently caress I played Saints Row 1 for like 50 hours this weekend. I'm fuckin burnt out.

To the WiiU it is!

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Defeated Bowyer in SMRPG. Geno is way better than that piece of poo poo Mallow.

Mallow is my homeboy. Watch urself.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Ristolaz posted:

Mallow is my homeboy. Watch urself.

He's getting the drat boot as soon as I get another party member. Problem?

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

He's getting the drat boot as soon as I get another party member. Problem?

Yeah. But I'm not gonna own you with logic yet, because spoilers

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Be nice to Mallow

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

[blues brothers parody] We got Super Mario 3D World, a Half a cup of hot cocoa, and a comfy gamer chair. It's snowing. Hit it.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Rolling and movement speeds are affected only by your equip weight, FYI, so your Dex stat doesn't play into it, if you're worried about being quick and agile. All the starting classes are good in Dark Souls, but if you're playing blind I don't recommend a magic class because it's easy to miss out on magic stuff.

Cool, thanks for the advice. I finally beat him because it turns out it's a lot easier to dodge his attacks when fighting him on the bridge than on the arena on top of the tower, which seemed counterintuitive but I got mad and was trying to trick him into falling off the bridge when I suddenly realized I was having a way easier time down there and I whooped his rear end honorably without going through with my cowardly scheme.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Gonna try finishing Firewatch before we :goonrush: the Helldivers servers.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Black Ops 3 and Fantasy Life. Helldivers later as well.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

once i get home im doin some blops3

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Gonna try finishing Firewatch before we :goonrush: the Helldivers servers.

Twin Peaks : Fire Watch W/ Me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
rear end in a top hat Doo: Pooper of the first poo poo

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm playing FFXIII

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mario Maker. I'm working on a second minigame level with a Warioware theme.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Planetbase. It's a pretty fun little city-builder about making a colony on a distant planet from what I played last night. I probably set a record for quickest game over last night when I made a solar panel to power the oxygen generator and got too busy building dorms and canteens and stuff to remember to build the rest of the power system so all my colonists asphyxiated <5 minutes into the game when the sun set and the oxygen generator shut down. Hopefully the next colony goes smoother.

I'll probably also play some Endless Legend now that I've finally gotten it to not crash every time it finishes loading a game.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Planetbase. It's a pretty fun little city-builder about making a colony on a distant planet from what I played last night. I probably set a record for quickest game over last night when I made a solar panel to power the oxygen generator and got too busy building dorms and canteens and stuff to remember to build the rest of the power system so all my colonists asphyxiated <5 minutes into the game when the sun set and the oxygen generator shut down. Hopefully the next colony goes smoother.

that looked interesting, but the steam reviews were insanely negative

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I guess Xcom 2, maybe SMT... I dunno.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

PleasingFungus posted:

that looked interesting, but the steam reviews were insanely negative

I think it was Early Access at one point so that may have been early in development, it's at like 79% positive now. I'm enjoying it a lot but it can be pretty frustrating because in the early game the littlest misstep will completely gently caress you up and force you to restart. Which is actually kinda cool, I think, not many city builders are difficult per se, it makes it more satisfying when your colony does get on its feet and can survive things that would have completely ruined you earlier, and honestly building a space colony should be brutal, but I think I've witnessed the complete and total collapse of my colony enough for one night and am moving on to Endless Legend now.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Replaying Paper Mario as well, the far superior game.

Same actually, about to head into lavalava island, which will be as far as I've ever gotten in this game, due to my incessant need to always make mario a glass cannon.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Twin Peaks : Fire Watch W/ Me

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Wrapping up the Bravely Default demo, then probably buying it shortly after. yes i know the second game is dropping soon but i've heard you can import data from #1 into #2.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

C-Euro posted:

Wrapping up the Bravely Default demo, then probably buying it shortly after. yes i know the second game is dropping soon but i've heard you can import data from #1 into #2.

I love bravely default

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Final Fantasy IX on the Playstation Vita

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

In Training posted:

I love bravely default

It's a lot of fun but i have been real fuckin busy the last couple weeks and haven't had the time to wrap up the demo, but because I've been working my rear end off I figure I deserve a nice new videogame that's two years old as a reward. I know it won't happen but i'm hoping the release of #2 will put #1 on sale.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

No Such Thing posted:

Same actually, about to head into lavalava island, which will be as far as I've ever gotten in this game, due to my incessant need to always make mario a glass cannon.

drat. I've been playing a lot slower and just reached Forever Forest.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I hate to rush a game like Paper Mario though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Valentines singles night and then live karaoke. Then I'm I'm going to have sex.