Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

rabidsquid posted:

I would be so stoked to end up with a support on my team who finishes the game with the most damage and maybe ends up with a sight stone

Sometimes necessary - our ADC decided to go thresh, so our support took Annie and decided to carry the lane 11/1.

Whole time Thresh was complaining about Annie stealing all the kills but you didn't see anyone else complaining...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Im so sick of all these pick shaming. If I want to be ad zilean, no one should stop me!!

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Tired Moritz posted:

Im so sick of all these pick shaming. If I want to be ad zilean, no one should stop me!!

in fact, you should be strongly encouraged if anything

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

Elpato posted:

I've grown tired of taking the selfless supports like Bard, Thresh, Braum, etc, so I've taken to doing support Lux despite goons saying it's bad. It is, indeed, bad in that you have to land a skillshot to shield your lane buddy. Lux also tends to snipe kills, potentially taking the gold from the ADC. However, I have not had a game yet where I've lost lane or even come in lower than second in champion damage for the whole game. By the end of the game I'm rolling in gold and usually end up with Sightstone and Frost Queen's, then the build is pretty much identical to mid Lux.

Maybe I'll try to climb with her until someone punishes me for it. She's so consistently good at her job(s).

why don't you just not play support and play some other role instead?

it seems to me like people who want to carry as support only want to do that because they suck at csing or being in a solo lane because then they have no one to blame but themselves for losing

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Yeah the main reason I play support/jungle is a flat out refusal to learn how to play League of Legends, the only game I play.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

el dingo posted:

Yeah the main reason I play support/jungle is a flat out refusal to learn how to play League of Legends, the only game I play.

But seriously now, I play with a bunch of supports and all of them are more or less proficient at playing mages and midlaners. The most aggro ones are especially good at that, even. I can't even imagine a support that just can't handle a solo lane existing outside silver and bronze.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Transient People posted:

But seriously now, I play with a bunch of supports and all of them are more or less proficient at playing mages and midlaners. The most aggro ones are especially good at that, even. I can't even imagine a support that just can't handle a solo lane existing outside silver and bronze.

Bard?????????

Unless you mean players. It's early.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Kashuno posted:

Bard?????????

Unless you mean players. It's early.

I did mean players. And what I meant is that if you want to play 'carry' supports and lead your team of shitters to victory, you better be capable of playing mid or AP top at a proficient level or you loving suck at your goal and are wasting the support slot, because carry sups only work by outperforming the opposing botlan enough to generate gold leads. The transferral rate between mid and sup has gotta be like 90% or so, because the only thing that is unique to mid is getting CS. In purely anecdotal terms, all the good aggro supports I've played with (who can play poo poo like annie, velkoz, zyra with proficiency) could also mid either well enough for their tier or just as well as they supported. If you can't do at least that, you should probably stick to the more passive supports to learn the role or abandon it entirely to :gitgud: at full time midding or topping.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I really don't understand why people insist on building poo poo like Rabadons first Blitz in Ranked games :( I just wanna do my placements in peace.

I'm 1-3 ATM with one loss being 100% a troll getting mad our top lane 5min in. INTO BRONZE I GO

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Feb 8, 2016

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Mikujin posted:

I don't know that jungle is 2nd most preferred. I'd say mid is the mostly highly, then I'd wager a toss-up between top and ADC.

Somebody looked at all the pick priorities and yes, jungle is actually the 2nd most prioritized role (or was, anyways).

Also, ZZTop portal is really good if just for the stats alone.

I didn't win this match because it was a 4 v 5 for the last twenty minutes or so, but I built it and I'm still impressed with how much it does: http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2091686748/38198234

We nearly won this game due to the crazy pushing advantage it gave (although to be honest my team squandered it by getting caught out and by not getting Baron when we should have but w/e)

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Feb 8, 2016

Nyandaber Z
Apr 8, 2009
Whenever I picked Jungle first and Top/Support 2nd, it'd be a 50/50 between first and second role. I switched to Jungle/Mid, for something like a 80/20 split.

Junji Eat More
Oct 22, 2005

You don't know it, but you are full of stahs
The League University series tournament had a Heimer mid go ZZTop into Banner of Command. Basically ignored the enemy and just chipped towers down until the enemy dived out of desperation. It was beautiful.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Necronomiconomist posted:

The League University series tournament had a Heimer mid go ZZTop into Banner of Command. Basically ignored the enemy and just chipped towers down until the enemy dived out of desperation. It was beautiful.

also the best pro league game ever played:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRAoZJolrYI

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Lovechop posted:

Thank you for posting this so I didn't have to go find it.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
theres no portal or banner in that video 0/10

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Lovechop posted:

Oh my god the casters :allears:

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

Somebody looked at all the pick priorities and yes, jungle is actually the 2nd most prioritized role (or was, anyways).

top and jungle definitely switch around in popularity depending on how good the melee carry junglers (E.g. Udyr, Yi, etc) are. Right now they're very good.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Please don't DDOS your opponents.

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?

seizure later posted:

why don't you just not play support and play some other role instead?

it seems to me like people who want to carry as support only want to do that because they suck at csing or being in a solo lane because then they have no one to blame but themselves for losing
You're so quick to assume I'm a selfish player. My main supports are Bard and Nami. I'm almost always queued as ______ and support, because I like the role so much. I'm generally a big nuisance/rear end in a top hat to my opponents in the form of poke and CC while never taking CS or trying to "carry" as you put it. However, I decided to take my "be a dick to the enemy lane" one step further and just burn it all down. Lux has been super successful at doing so. I always get at least two support items (such as sightstone and frost queen's), and I never try to dick my carry over. I'm not shy about getting kills when they're uncertain though.

Lux is so good right now, I'm not surprised she can do her job when behind on gold.

Elpato fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Feb 8, 2016

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Elpato posted:

You're so quick to assume I'm a selfish player. My main supports are Bard and Nami. I'm almost always queued as ______ and support, because I like the role so much. I'm generally a big nuisance/rear end in a top hat to my opponents in the form of poke and CC while never taking CS or trying to "carry" as you put it. However, I decided to take my "be a dick to the enemy lane" one step further and just burn it all down. Lux has been super successful at doing so. I always get at least two support items (such as sightstone and frost queen's), and I never try to dick my carry over. I'm not shy about getting kills when they're uncertain though.

Lux is so good right now, I'm not surprised she can do her job when behind on gold.

I have no problem with playing selfish support mages in low elo soloqueue. Try Brand and Morgana (my favorite) too.

Also, I prefer Eye of the Watchers over Frostqueen's now that it got nerfed, try it out. It's very good.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Elpato posted:

You should try Vel'koz as well, he can 100-0 the other laner at any point past 6, and has lower mana costs and better base damage with AP!

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I've been waiting 30 minutes for a game at Silver 1
two instant queue pops, both have people that dont ready up
3 minutes later, queue pops, get in lobby, go through 5 bans, 6th person doesnt ban, back to queue for 5 minutes, restart queue
three queue pops later, get into lobby, go through all bans, then last pick on other side doesn't lock in champ
5 more minutes in queue, nothing

good job riot game

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Luna Was Here posted:

I've been waiting 30 minutes for a game at Silver 1
two instant queue pops, both have people that dont ready up
3 minutes later, queue pops, get in lobby, go through 5 bans, 6th person doesnt ban, back to queue for 5 minutes, restart queue
three queue pops later, get into lobby, go through all bans, then last pick on other side doesn't lock in champ
5 more minutes in queue, nothing

good job riot game

i had all my queues pop instantly today and i got my main role every time >:)

lyte is my bud now i take back all those times i flamed him

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Finally got my game and it had people who were plat last season playing so badly im half convinced that two of them were people who bought their accounts or got them boosted

only two more games and im free from silver, again

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
If you really want to snipe kills and piss everyone off as support, look no further than Lissandra and Illoai. Beefy sponges that require relatively little itemization to deal obnoxious damage. If you aren't confident in your ADC, they are amazing picks since late game Liss can 2 shot ADCs and bottom laners still don't know how to handle real pressure from Illoai.

Recently, I've been maining Gailo, and he works amazingly with the zz/banner support combo. He really struggles with being mana starved until you can get his chalice item, which is usually after 10 minutes thanks to maxing the support and vision item first, but after that, you are basically a killing machine. They need to change his debonair splash though, since he's drinking a mana potion, and it mocks me with the knowing wink of, "yeah, his mana regen is poo poo. Better build for it, we won't even pretend to work on his early game problems now that mana pots are gone."

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

last time i had a queue last 5~ minutes i cancelled and re-queued and got a game instantly, pretty sure theres something wrong with it

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The best part of this season are the Reddit babies mad because they get support more often than they want when they go support secondary

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Ive yet to get a queue that lasted less than 15 minutes, maybe its cause I pick top & jungle but god drat

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Tonetta posted:

Ive yet to get a queue that lasted less than 15 minutes, maybe its cause I pick top & jungle but god drat

I go mid/jungle and I rarely get more than three :/

But I only play in evenings Eastern time so there's probably a shitload of people playing at that time.

Junji Eat More
Oct 22, 2005

You don't know it, but you are full of stahs
Support friends, remember to check your ADC's itemization when you consider all-in engaging. It doesn't matter if your Ashe is 3/0 at 11 minutes if she spent the cash on this:

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?
Is...

Is Ashe even able to fully stack a Tear before minute 20?

I feel like someone went OOM on Ashe one game and decided "Never again!"

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
It was easier when her Q was a toggle that added slows to her autos for mana

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Manamune is actually a decent item for Ashe because you'll proc it like 5 times per attack with your q up.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I've decided to play lots of bard in addition to my talon

Ootay

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Methanar posted:

Manamune is actually a decent item for Ashe because you'll proc it like 5 times per attack with your q up.

q procs on-hit effects once for each flurry

just go iedge + rfc + bloodthirster/ldr and you'll be powerful enough to kill anything. mana isnt a worry past the laning phase

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

NTT posted:

I've decided to play lots of bard in addition to my talon

Ootay

A good choice. Bard is also legitimately strong at the moment, aside from being the chillest champ in the game to play.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Soooo where does Shen goes after that rework? I played like one game with him as support I won but I'm wondering if there's anything better?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

frajaq posted:

Soooo where does Shen goes after that rework? I played like one game with him as support I won but I'm wondering if there's anything better?
He's supposed to be a top laner, but feels a little under-tuned

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
new darial skin idea: reaper darial
its just darus with scythe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

new darial skin idea: reaper darial