Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which sister is best
This poll is closed.
sakura 11 6.96%
hinoka 21 13.29%
camilla 42 26.58%
elise 15 9.49%
im gay (in a nonironic sense) 69 43.67%
Total: 158 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Futaba Anzu posted:

would i ever lie to you, in this that japanese game from japan you like is totally anime, what yo8u like is anime anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out? you can trust me and matoi ryuko's opinions right?

I guess I'll give the disgusting gaijin filth a try some time then. But if it isn't good I'll be very sad that my anime anikis have brutally betrayed me!1!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
so i downloaded that love live game on my phone

never even watched the show, just wanted to see what the game was

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Skwee posted:

so i downloaded that love live game on my phone

never even watched the show, just wanted to see what the game was

this is how i got into cinderella girls after my friends got me to start up Starlight Stage.

This statement could either be an endorsement or a warning depending on your mindset.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Congrats on your future avatar and namechange Skwee

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Jostiband posted:

I guess I'll give the disgusting gaijin filth a try some time then. But if it isn't good I'll be very sad that my anime anikis have brutally betrayed me!1!

season 1 is good but season 2 starts out mediocre and becomes awful by the end

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Srice posted:

There are so many translators contracted out to Crunchyroll that it's real hard to nail anything down about the average quality since you get people who have been translating professionally for a longass time, people who are complete rookies, and everything in between.

There was a blog from a former member of Live-evil who ran a team that was hired by CR and he talked about that stuff, but sadly it seems to have vanished from the internet.

One thing I vividly remember is that this member had to argue about how to phrase certain things, apparently in some show long forgotten (Book of Bantora, I think it was?) there was a character who straight up said they had sex and the Japanese license holders didn't want that line translated that way and it took him a long time to come to a compromise that still communicated that sex was indeed had.

http://polsy.org.uk/ani/mxmedia.html (specifically, Worst Part of My Job)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Thanks, a kitten. My fiancée actually told me about the movie. It was an OK weekend.

In 3 days, I leave for the tour. It's gonna be harder to post from the road.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Polsy posted:

http://polsy.org.uk/ani/mxmedia.html (specifically, Worst Part of My Job)

Oh cool

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

So I saw a gif of some F4 loving up a dragon with missiles and poo poo and it was appearently called Gate: Jietai kanochi nite kaku tatakaeri. Any opinion on that anime?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Michaellaneous posted:

So I saw a gif of some F4 loving up a dragon with missiles and poo poo and it was appearently called Gate: Jietai kanochi nite kaku tatakaeri. Any opinion on that anime?

It's bad, unless you like gratuitous boobs, rape, and an actually surprisingly light amount of pro-military Japanese nationalism.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Parallax posted:

boondocks was really stiff and also painfully unfunny

I'm going to destroy you.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Boondocks had a lot of the best animatorsnin the world doing guest cuts in it.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Also boondocks just ruled.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It's bad, unless you like gratuitous boobs, rape, and an actually surprisingly light amount of pro-military Japanese nationalism.

Okay that sounds poo poo, I won't watch it.
Thanks.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Michaellaneous posted:

Okay that sounds poo poo, I won't watch it.
Thanks.

Watch if you want to see a magical teenager with an oversized labrys lay waste to a US special forces team.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

WATCH GIRLS UND PANZER

e: caps

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

WATCH GIRLS UND PANZER

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

rip

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Michaellaneous posted:

F4 versus dragon basically sums up what the show is going for, yeah. the premise is a gate opens up between modern japan and a fantasy world filled with elves and medieval humans and magic and monster people and the show follows an otaku soldier who becomes an officer of a recon team sent into the world.
it's a polarizing show, so just try it out and see if you like it, imo.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

gate is ugly, stupid and season 2 starts with rape

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

gate is ugly, stupid and season 2 starts with rape

Yah.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
the manga is good imo. haven't watched the anime, but heard the anime is way more light-hearted, at least in the 1st season. I also heard the 2nd season is a bit closer to the darkness of the manga.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Skwee posted:

the manga is good imo. haven't watched the anime, but heard the anime is way more light-hearted, at least in the 1st season. I also heard the 2nd season is a bit closer to the darkness of the manga.
Lol

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The epic darkness of the magical teenager harem.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Sharkopath posted:

??

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

The 13 year old who keeps trying to have sex with the otaku self-insert protagonist is really 900 years old, it's obviously all okay and totally above-board.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

half the people making these posts had monogatari avs

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm tired and coffee isn't helping

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm tired and coffee isn't helping

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That would help

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

Oh nooooooooooooooo

I'm meeeeeeeltiiiiing

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Blurblebubblegurgle

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

:rip:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

in the end, gate is just a huge ripoff from another show

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Davincie posted:

WATCH GIRLS UND PANZER

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

but enough about monogatari

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Now I'm a Dragon Quest Slime, from Dragon Quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Endorph posted:

oh there it si

• Locked thread