Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Same here. I dunno if I'll get star fox; especially for like 70+ canadian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

spudsbuckley posted:

Yeah, the Wii U is deader than the Vita at this stage but they are still both great machines with a bunch of great games so I don't care.

I used to think the 3DS and Wii U racks were in disarray at Best Buy until I passed by the Vita rack recently. 4 games, two of them were Persona 4 Dancing All Night. Lots of empty space.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
The game store at my mall has all xbox and ps4 stuff one side, a small rack for 3DS, half a rack of WiiU and then the entire other half of the store for mechanise poo poo. gently caress it's disgraceful

LoveBoatCaptain
Aug 26, 2008

Celebrate as all our past ways wither, lead the way to an age of light
Splatoon was a huge success and there's no way Nintendo won't be keeping it going until Spla2n comes out, at the very least. The NX is probably going to be backwards compatible as well, so it's really in their best interest to keep the servers up for as long as possible.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Please don't feel bad for the amount of 2016 exclusives to be out for the WiiU.
It's more than one of the other big name consoles and that's still trucking along.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
personally i prefer quality over quantity and am satisfied with my collection on the wii u and other systems

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Looper posted:

personally i prefer quality over quantity and am satisfied with my collection on the wii u and other systems

I got my money's worth with just Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart 8, and Splatoon, and that's a third of the games I have for the system.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Looper posted:

Agreed. The quality of the titles available to play on the WiiU beats any other console.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
The exclusive argument falls apart when no cross platform games are coming to the WiiU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Gas this g*dd*mn thread

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Serious question: what else would you want from it? Do you even trust them to do anything different given they've failed to make anything as good as the first few games?

Yeah.... I would like something new or even something as amazing as DKC Tropical Freeze. Take the core elements and make it better.

I'm not interested in playing the same game from almost 20 years ago. Don't reward lazy games with your money.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Andrew_1985 posted:

Yeah.... I would like something new or even something as amazing as DKC Tropical Freeze. Take the core elements and make it better.

I'm not interested in playing the same game from almost 20 years ago. Don't reward lazy games with your money.

It's "not new" in the sense that it's a vehicular rail shooter and it's basically the same plot as the first couple games but there are plenty of new elements within that framework and I definitely wouldn't call it a rehash (especially considering how annoyed people seem with most of the new additions).

Again, this is a simple genre and you simply can't do a lot with a game like this without turning it into something else entirely, and fans have been begging for years for Nintendo to stop loving around and given them a no-bullshit Starfox game, so...

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

The Taint Reaper posted:

Yes but that would require me to lower my definition of fun to yours.

Way to go champ. Do you feel super cool and awesome being sooooo much more cool and mature than us Splatoon likers?

Get the gently caress outta here with that poo poo.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Austrian mook posted:

The exclusive argument falls apart when no cross platform games are coming to the WiiU

Minecraft Story Mode.

Also people who don't like Splatoon are broken inside.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Andrew_1985 posted:

how would you propose they make it better? what exactly makes tropical freeze better than the dkc trilogy in your eyes?

jivjov posted:

Way to go champ. Do you feel super cool and awesome being sooooo much more cool and mature than us Splatoon likers?

:shittypop:

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I stand with jivjov

LoveBoatCaptain
Aug 26, 2008

Celebrate as all our past ways wither, lead the way to an age of light

jivjov posted:

It's really amazing how someone that stupid can be that arrogant.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

jivjov posted:

How many times must a man get taint reaped before you can call him a man

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Austrian mook posted:

I thought that was the definition of the word exclusive when referring to video games. Not cross platform.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

jivjov posted:

:eyepop:

Rare footage of DaigoJivjov actually angry!

Seriously though, Splatoon is good and fun and it's great that there's a shooter that's highly accessible and fun for everyone.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

tbh I still have so many unfinished WiiU games that I'm kinda glad that there aren't 11 new games a month for it

I'm not even sure what the 11 games a month for the PS4 are, I have a PS4 and the last new game I bought for it was Fallout 4 (which was pretty disappointing). I think the only "exclusive" game I have for it is Uncharted Collection, which is just HD ports.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

Looper posted:

how would you propose they make it better? what exactly makes tropical freeze better than the dkc trilogy in your eyes?

Some ideas for SFZ? Perhaps having to decide which planet to save first which then affects later level layouts (Like if you don't save a space station then you just go through a debris/enemy level later?) Choose who from the Starfox team you want to deploy for missions. Different stats/weapons for each character. Upgradable ships. A hub area to chat with your squadmates? Recruit characters from planets you save to build up to your final battle?

As for DKC TF, I'm not saying it's not better than the original trilogy. What I'm saying is that the original trilogy were classics for their time and are still great fun. What I thought was great was that Tropical Freeze took the core platforming elements from the original trilogy and pushed it further for 2014. More challenging gameplay, more Kongs, new enemies and some excellent new graphics.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Well after reading all these posts I guess the Wii U has been Nintendo's Dreamcast and they're doomed

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Anyone who says the Wii U's situation is worse than the Vita's needs to get their head examined

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I'm going to be starting the first Bayonetta soon, I know nothing about the game outside of the demo I played on the 360 years ago. Does I have upgrades within game like moves/state/etc to unlock and if so anything I should focus on particularly ?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes and grab anything that improves your dodge as a soon as possible.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Star Fox Zero isn't a remaster of SF64. It has the same basic plot and the same planets, but the levels aren't the same with the same layouts, and the plot and mission objectives are different, but familiar.

Kind of like The Force Awakens is a mish mash of the original trilogy with some of the names changed, SFZ is going to be a mishmash where the names are the same but there's some more different stuff.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Are there any Australians here, I am looking to find out the prices of the Virtual console games before I buy a Wii-u, can anyone help?
Okay, so....

NES stuff is generally $6.50AU
SNES stuff is generally $10.40AU
N64 stuff is generally $13.00AU
Wii stuff is generally $26.00AU

GBA stuff is $9.10AU and DS stuff is $13.00AU.

There are a few outliers though, like anything Mother related.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Houle posted:

I'm going to be starting the first Bayonetta soon, I know nothing about the game outside of the demo I played on the 360 years ago. Does I have upgrades within game like moves/state/etc to unlock and if so anything I should focus on particularly ?

You should get Bat Within as soon as you can, it helps out a lot if you keep dodging attacks late.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

jivjov posted:

Oh poo poo!!!

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
If you're like me in the UK and havent got Bayonetta 2 yet, shop.to have it on sale for a tenner

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/wiiu/WIIUBA03-bayonetta-2

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jivjov, you're a maniac, a loose cannon, you're not fit to be on the streets, hand in your Badge Arcade and 3DS right now!

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

You should get Bat Within as soon as you can, it helps out a lot if you keep dodging attacks late.

In the first game you can't get Bat Within until you've unlocked Beast Within, which is gated by plot. Not like in the sequel where you can get both as soon as you have access to the shop.

Edit: actually I think in the sequel it just gives you Beast Within for free as soon as you're done with the tutorial? I forget, I need to play that again

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Sakurazuka posted:

hand in your Badge Arcade and 3DS right now!
:golfclap:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Suaimhneas posted:

In the first game you can't get Bat Within until you've unlocked Beast Within, which is gated by plot. Not like in the sequel where you can get both as soon as you have access to the shop.

Edit: actually I think in the sequel it just gives you Beast Within for free as soon as you're done with the tutorial? I forget, I need to play that again

That's right, you get Beast Within from the word go, which is nice because it basically lets you dash.

Also to explain for Houle, Bat Within extends the duration that your dodge can mitigate damage. You won't get Witch Time unless you dodge at the right moment, but you'll at least avoid damage.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

More important than Bat Within-which-you-can't-buy-yet-anyway, you should probably get the Air Dodge. My two cents.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

greatn posted:

bad co
Kind of like The Force Awakens is a mish mash of the original trilogy with some of the names changed, SFZ is going to be a mishmash where the names are the same but there's some more different stuff.

Bad comparison. Episode VII is a new entry; a direct sequel. Not a "mish mash" or "remake" or whatever

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol it literally has the same plot as A New Hope

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

jivjov posted:

Bad comparison. Episode VII is a new entry; a direct sequel. Not a "mish mash" or "remake" or whatever

oh my GOD

e: I'm serious when I say I really hate the type of Asperger's you have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

jivjov posted:

It's a very similar film, and you should be able to recognize that.

• Locked thread