Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
One person's difficult and punishing is another person's boring and tedious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I just hope the new zelda game has multiple uses for items. I liked in wind waker being able to use most of the items for both combat and noncombat purposes and I wish more zelda games had better combat and cool combat uses for dungeon items

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

greatn posted:

One person's difficult and punishing is another person's boring and tedious.

Oh gaaaawd this game is so boring because I keep having to replay the same sections because I keep dying~

The Souls level design is straight out of castlevania and properly translated to 3d. So so many unlockable short cuts, optional bosses, the world has many places to explore. I do not see how someone could honestly hate it.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

Oh gaaaawd this game is so boring because I keep having to replay the same sections because I keep dying~

:same:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

taint reaper is right

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

taint reaper is right
hosed up... but true.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Thanks hyrule warriors for at least giving everybody a chance to use the spinner as a weapon.

Too bad it's locked behind amiibo stuff tho

I wish the hammers were more useful tho. Hitting miniblins with the skull hammer was a lot of fun but I wish it had more use as a weapon

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

taint reaper is right

Wii U General: Taint Reaper is right

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

majormonotone posted:

do you think that taint reaper believes all of the things that they post or do they just try to engineer posts that will get the most rise out of people

He believes some of it but the rest is the second thing.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

We would probably be more sympathetic towards him if we knew what Nintendo did to ruin his life

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

We would probably be more sympathetic towards him if we knew what Nintendo did to ruin his life
They reaped his taint. He became what he hated most.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Help Im Alive posted:

Nintendo did not ruin my life

For example I am not a professional smash player who goes around with a list in my pocket full of screen names who belong to people who have challenged me to Smash brothers matches for money. And I must complete this list or I shall not make rent this month.

There are people who exist like that, those are the people who's lives have been ruined by Nintendo.

I just know deep down inside Nintendo could make cutting edge games again and the fact that they don't any more loving sucks balls.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'll give you a cutting edge
*draws katana*

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Skyward Sword had good items. I liked the gust bellows and the beetle and the whip was my go-to weapon for dealing with bats.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Looper posted:

personally i prefer quality over quantity and am satisfied with my collection on the wii u and other systems

This is exactly how I feel. What good is having a huge library to choose from when the number of titles that I actually want to buy and play is less than those on the Wii U? The Wii U has plenty of really fun games to play.

Xavier434 fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Feb 8, 2016

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Close thread until NX comes out.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

katkillad2 posted:

Close thread until NX comes out.
Nah, it's fine for now.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Threads have to be worse than this for a while before they start getting closed or gassed.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

Wii U General: Taint Reaper is right

I will never do this!

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

Threads have to be worse than this for a while before they start getting closed or gassed.

I apologise, probably.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Would 3 "The Taint Reaper" and 2 jivjov be enough.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Jivjov is really not as bad as he's made out to be by virtue of being completely honest, certainly not as powerful as one The Taint Reaper

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The taint reaper as wandering smash ronin is a mental image that I appreciate a lot

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Xavier434 posted:

This is exactly how I feel. What good is having a huge library to choose from when the number of titles that I actually want to buy and play is less than those on the Wii U? The Wii U has plenty of really fun games to play.

Except it's not really quantity over quality. Many of the first party titles have been of subpar grade.

neither of the mario games are as good as Galaxy 1 and 2. Mario kart 8 is lacking things it's predecessors came with, the only game series that got better was DKC and that was because they removed the motion controls.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

People were listing their Wii U games a few pages back while I was asleep or whatever, I want to do that.

Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW!
Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival
Assassin's Creed III
Bayonetta/ Bayonetta 2
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Funky Barn
Game & Wario
Hyrule Warriors
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
LEGO City Undercover
Mario Kart 8
Mario Party 10
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
New Super Luigi U
New Super Mario Bros. U
Nintendo Land
Pikmin 3
Rayman Legends
Rodea the Sky Soldier
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Shovel Knight
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Splatoon
Super Mario 3D World
Super Mario Maker
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
The Wonderful 101
Wii Party U
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Yoshi's Woolly World
ZombiU

I've had my Wii U since launch and most of these games are pretty good. A few, like Mario Party and Funky Barn, I got heavily discounted (I actually like Funky Barn for the price I paid). I don't get why people say the Wii U has no games because it clearly does and a lot of them are really, really good!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Still laughing that Nintendo is releasing yet another HD game for 60 bucks.

And it's not even coming with anything other than an amiibo. Like no extra games or expanded content.

Gravity Rush Remastered is only around 30 bucks and that's the full game+extra missions and everything else brought up to the highest resolution. And The Nathan Drake Collection is three whole games reworked to the point where people confused them for Uncharted 4 demos because the remasters were so extensive.

It's also still cheaper to buy the Original Twilight princess than it is to buy the HD version.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
I have:

Super Mario 3D World
Nintendo Land
Mario Kart 8
Bayonetta / 2
Smash Bros
Hyrule Warriors
Splatoon
Super Mario Maker

I've also bought some Wii games for it as well, which I also count, even if they're a platform behind:
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Okami
Kirby's Epic Yarn

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The Wii U line up is actually extremely good and I've played mine for like 1200+ hours in the past three years

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The problem is that OoT was bought by many people more than once for multiple systems. For what reason should they not just release an HD version at full price when they know people will buy it?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Is the Wii version of Okami any good?

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I'm not gonna list off my Wii collection because it's like sixty games so.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

FactsAreUseless posted:

No the best version of the game is still the HD one.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's a pretty good version, yeah. Kamiya may have some beef with it for weird pointer controls, but they're manageable.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ChaosArgate posted:

It's a pretty good version, yeah. Kamiya may have some beef with it for weird pointer controls, but they're manageable.

it's going to run you the same as the digital HD version which has none of those issues.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

it's going to run you the same as the digital HD version which has none of those issues.
Are you talking about the one on the PS store?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yes, Okami HD is on the PS3 PSN store. That one's probably the best version overall, but the Wii version's not a bad second place.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yeah that's the one. The Wii version is still being sold second hand for around 20 bucks.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'd rather have the Playstation version, but the store stopped taking my card...

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

You could go and get a $20 PSN card? I guess it'd have to be $20 + whatever the next cheapest card is for tax, so it might be cheaper to grab a Wii copy of Okami.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

FactsAreUseless posted:

His posts just skirt the line and make it hard to justify a ban for any individual post.

Who cares about a ban? Just probate him forever.

• Locked thread