Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Str 6 AP 2 salvo 2/3 twin linked gets hot. Helloooooo support squads.

Edit: so preds can't have three acid heavy bolters? Booooooo.

God Dammit I was pumped to start pimping out vehicles with those.........oh but Blood Angels can have all the rending assault cannons in the universe strapped to their stuff apparently.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Take quad bolter rapiers platforms, t7 artillery with 6 TL shots of acid death (or light rain depending on dice) each, for like 45 points each. reading is hard, scimitar jetbikes with acid shells would be scary as hell.

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Feb 7, 2016

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
That wargear is actually quite savage. I think DA will be made or broken as a Legion by their RoW and unique units really.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Lord Twisted posted:

That wargear is actually quite savage. I think DA will be made or broken as a Legion by their RoW and unique units really.

The D3 victory points drawback is really, really rough and kind of forces you to spam a lot of units. That being said, with the ironwing ROW stock marines get a pretty huge edge against other stock marines in both CC and shooting which can be really massive and they get access to some really nasty anti infantry weapons between the plasma and the heavy bolters. I don't think they're necessarily the worst or whatever but they're certainly not the top of the heap.

Also I think it's pretty funny that the little teaser for the DA was "combined arms!" and the two ROWs are BIKES and TANKS respectively.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
I really wish there were more dudes who played 30k in this frozen hellscape, I'm a terrible hype man and my regular opponent just moved to the east coast.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Hencoe posted:

I really wish there were more dudes who played 30k in this frozen hellscape, I'm a terrible hype man and my regular opponent just moved to the east coast.

You and me. I have my fingers crossed that Barcelona will have a more active community... but doesn't look like it.
Move to Spain Bulba and buy me that beer.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
Buglord

Mango Polo posted:

You and me. I have my fingers crossed that Barcelona will have a more active community... but doesn't look like it.

You should all move to Brisbane/Australia, some mates of mine just started up a club mostly for 30k and anything else anyone wants to play on the day like xwang. We even got Tim from Eye of Horus podcast to come along. We had our first meet on the weekend, and I managed to sneak in a game in between helping all the newbies run matches and doing all the set up/meet and greets and us all drooling over heresy weekender leaks on our phones.

Here is my Night Lords getting smashed by Salamanders because Fire Drakes are mean.

and this is the hall we had going with 8 tables full of terrain + FAT Mats on all tables. We can do 12 tables in a pinch and are working on some more.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Killer_Bees! posted:

You should all move to Brisbane/Australia, some mates of mine just started up a club mostly for 30k and anything else anyone wants to play on the day like xwang. We even got Tim from Eye of Horus podcast to come along. We had our first meet on the weekend, and I managed to sneak in a game in between helping all the newbies run matches and doing all the set up/meet and greets and us all drooling over heresy weekender leaks on our phones.

Here is my Night Lords getting smashed by Salamanders because Fire Drakes are mean.

and this is the hall we had going with 8 tables full of terrain + FAT Mats on all tables. We can do 12 tables in a pinch and are working on some more.

Almost making me regret turning down the aussie job offer in favor of the Barcelona.

Just a bit.

The setup looks really drat cool. Painted armies, gaming space, enthusiasts, all check.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Man I love the idea of having really aggressive Kakophoni who roll up, blast some beats and then assault.

gently caress yes

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Last of the weekender pix:

quote:

New stories from Black Library soon for Space Wolves.

Gav Thorpe is working on audio called The 13th Wolf. Different side of Prospero Burns this time.

Chris Wraight working on book on Leman Russ and Space Wolves during the Heresy. Involving one or maybe more Primarchs. Including some hes not got on with......

Graham McNeill is nearly done with Crimson King! Also working on more Magnus based stories.

Russ will get an axe and a sword.

Custodians are their own elite force, not like Space Marines 2.0! The Emperor saved the Custodes the best toys so look forward to heavy master weaponry. It's a highly lethal mobile force. They were designed to kill Space Marines if something goes wrong. 100% loyal to the Emperor, even beyond free will.

Playtest - 5 Custodians against 20 Tactical Marines, none of the Tacs were alive to fight back in combat!!! Not the full rules im sure - again, it's still playtesting.

Custodes will not have Rhinos and Land Raiders they will have their own vehicle types though and no heavy support but they will have an equivalent

Rules will come for Spireguard, possibly not models though. Might be a variant to the Solar Auxilia models.

Space Wolf Characters unconfirmed apart from Leman Russ, Freki and Geri.

Thousand Sons have a plan in their playstyle, not fully confirmed, still playtesting, be less of them, not usually in attritional warfare. Possibility of picking your option for Psyker-yness, that may improve equipment/weapons.

Tutilaries/Familiars will have above listing type (equipment/weapons).

Sisters of Silence will be a small allies list - not a "full force".

Sisters of Silence almost like Assassins hunting down all psykers.

During Heresy there will be limitation on unit types (they did not have access to certain things around this time) for Space Wolves, as their way of war gives them limitation to certain things. BUT! Space Wolves will have their own bespoke consuls and unit types!

Possible stories furthering the Thousand Sons that weren't on Prospero.

Space Wolves attack Arkhadia (Mechanicum world) - part of the campaigns in Inferno. This Mechanicum planet is targeted as he is associating with Magnus.

Arkhadine Mechanicum will have their own unique weapon and unit types, thanks to the help from Thousand Sons. This Cybernetica based Forgeworld will have its own Titan legion and it will have technology encouraged by the psychic aspects of the thousand sons. Which is why there will be multiple Titan Legion rules as there will be Legions sent to deal with them in Inferno.

Legio Mortis and a new type of Titan Legio (for Arcadia) but thats secret for now.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Mango Polo posted:

Man, my dream is to live in Spain someday. If I'm ever in the hood I'll hit you up, but I spend more time in Sweden and Easter Europe.

Killer_Bees! posted:

Saw your stuff on their twatter. How is Tim in real life? Did you smell his hair? Were his hands soft and silky?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Man I really like these Sons of Horus changes. Terminators get an insane buff, and even their Legion rules got buffed too. That +1BS to shooting within 12" is pretty cool, especially with all the outflanking and deep striking you can do. Really looking forward to dropping Horus and a 12-man squad of Justaerin to wipe out whatever they look at.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

Man, my dream is to live in Spain someday. If I'm ever in the hood I'll hit you up, but I spend more time in Sweden and Easter Europe.
You never know!

Also I spoke quite a bit with Mark Bedford after his "Painting Armies" presentation and decided I'll get an airbrush as soon as I've got my stuff settled in Barcelona. He basically hit on all points that I find demotivating, and the answer was 99.9% "yeah just get an airbrush". A badger patriot should be a good choice for keeping things simple with base coating, zenithal highlights and applying clear colors right?

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

Mango Polo posted:

You never know!
A badger patriot should be a good choice for keeping things simple with base coating, zenithal highlights and applying clear colors right?

As someone who owns a Badger Patriot , the answer is yes. Badger also sell conversion kits if you want to do finer detail with the airbrush and they also have amazing customer service should anything go wrong. As long as you clean it properly the Patriot basically is the AK-47 of airbrushes and will not disappoint.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Oh man it's The Tyrant's Due Mk II, Electric Boogaloo

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

The Sisko posted:

As someone who owns a Badger Patriot , the answer is yes. Badger also sell conversion kits if you want to do finer detail with the airbrush and they also have amazing customer service should anything go wrong. As long as you clean it properly the Patriot basically is the AK-47 of airbrushes and will not disappoint.

Done deal then, and I was just looking at your WB dreadnought like half an hour ago.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Killer_Bees! posted:

You should all move to Brisbane/Australia

no don't

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Killer_Bees! posted:

WOAH WE HAVE A CLUB HERE

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mango Polo posted:

gently caress it, it's totally normal to whip out some bigass book in the departure section of an airport with a scary robbit on the cover and start taking pictures right?

Neat, thanks again.

I'll be honest, this is more favorable than I expected. The Calibanite war blades are the same cost as power swords for sergeants and while the greatsword is limited to HQs it is only 15 points somehow, holy poo poo. I really thought the war blade would be 20-25 points while the greatsword would be 30-40. I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the plasma repeater though. It's really short-ranged and it'll only reach out to 6" if you move. Good luck pulling off three shots with a 12" range while immobile. A support or veteran tactical squad with these things will absolutely need a transport or drop pod. Stasis grenades are stasis grenades. The problem here is that I have no idea what units can even take those. I'm glancing through the legion list and I'm not seeing grenade launchers as an option anywhere. Maybe it's future-proofing, maybe it's a goof-up. It'll be hilarious if Dark Angels eventually get a special unit with loving grenade launchers just for these things. The missiles are a solid option though. Like others have said, the acid shells are awesome. It's too bad you can't give them to predators, but it looks like twin-linked heavy bolter dreadnoughts finally have their niche. Heavy bolter heavy support squads too.

I feel like if you want to make full use of the unique weaponry you're going to have to run a fairly mixed force with veteran tactical, support, and heavy support squads. Regular tactical squads might not feature a whole lot and when they do it might be worth shelling out for their combat blades to benefit from the legion's dumb special rule. With all of that in mind, their unique RoWs suck, especially the Ravenwing one even though you can run an army of acid heavy bolter dickbikes. I think Dark Angels are going to be better off running a generic RoW instead. After seeing the wargear rules I'm warming more to the army, but I don't think that stuff entirely makes up for the hilariously bad legion rules. There were just so many interesting directions they could have taken the army and they didn't. It's sloppy and really feels like a missed opportunity. White Scars are the clear winners rules-wise as far as the new legions go. Hopefully the Blood Angels and Dark Angels get solid updates in the future.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

Safety Factor posted:

White Scars are the clear winners rules-wise as far as the new legions go. Hopefully the Blood Angels and Dark Angels get solid updates in the future.

We should start a poll to see if anyone is actually surprised by this "revelation". /GWadinfinitum

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
clearly white scars are the prototypical favored sons of the GW universe, yes

Mango Polo posted:

Epic-inspired 30k is in the pipeline, focused on titans. Different scale than Epic.

any more details on this???

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Feb 8, 2016

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

Mango Polo posted:

Done deal then, and I was just looking at your WB dreadnought like half an hour ago.

No problem. My entire WB army so far has been metallic undercoat with a thinned Tamiya Clear Red and it hasn't been a problem for my Patriot. I have to say seeing all the new stuff has really lit a fire under my rear end to get some more stuff painted.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Killer_Bees! posted:

Where in Brisbane and what's the name of the club?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Thirding a "Where in Brisbane is the magical club"

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

clearly white scars are the prototypical favored sons of the GW universe, yes

any more details on this???

Vote for Sanguinius and he'll make the Empire great again. He'll build a space-wall to keep the chogorians from stealing our jobs and they'll be the ones to pay for it.

And no, no further details. The staff were anticipating the question and specifically didn't want to say more.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
Buglord

Recoome posted:

Thirding a "Where in Brisbane is the magical club"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheWarriorLodge/
or
http://warriorlodge.blogspot.com.au/

Just starting up on North Lakes, chill dudes and lots of 30k, hit up the facey group for all events, times and details. March 30k doubles torny just opened up some more spots due to increased demand if you keen for that too.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Am I correct in reading veterans in this way:

Salamanders have +1 str on flamers. So they become s5 base. Wounds on 3s normally.

If I gave a vet squad sniper would they then be forced to wound on 4+ but get rending?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Lord Twisted posted:

Am I correct in reading veterans in this way:

Salamanders have +1 str on flamers. So they become s5 base. Wounds on 3s normally.

If I gave a vet squad sniper would they then be forced to wound on 4+ but get rending?

Nay. FW has decreed that they wound per weapon strength for models with T4 or lower, and wound on 4+ on models with T5 or higher. They still get rending in either case.

Edit: P. psyched that SW get their own list instead of using the base list.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
How many loving auspol goons are undercover hams?

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Brilliant. I was thinking roll up in a rhino, unload 18 rending bolter shots and 2 rending templates. Would put the hurt in anything.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
In the wake of the Blood Angel rules I'm debating the relative merits of two tactical sergeant loadouts: Artificer Armour + Power Fist vs Artificer Armour, Power Axe and Melta Bomb. Both loadouts are 25 points. I'm leaning towards the axe because of the bomb's utility and the bonus on wound rolls, but instant deaths via fist are tempting. Can anyone convince me either way?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Being able to double people out is dope and your melta bomb will only be relevant against vehicles the rest of your squad can't do anything about.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Melta bomb is one hail Mary attack. Power fist has versatility and multiple attacks.

Anything that you'd be forced to use a Melta bomb on (av 13+14) can be in theory harmed by a fist.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Good enough for me. Axe was tempting for giving one extra attack but fist it is. Also the Calth set has no axes :v:

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

If you're gonna go last you might as well hit them hard in the loving face and go for the ID. It's a different dynamic than 40k where EW is more common.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Praise Alan Bligh and all his peoples and all his creations. The product might be abit expensive, but FW has a drat sight better communication than GW.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Recoome posted:

Oh man it's The Tyrant's Due Mk II, Electric Boogaloo

I don't care about the context, an Army of Dark Compliance just makes me think of a Tzeentch demon with a clipboard standing over a mustered army. He's busily ticking off checkboxes making sure the entire force complies to Chaos Brand Standards.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

panascope posted:

Man I really like these Sons of Horus changes. Terminators get an insane buff, and even their Legion rules got buffed too. That +1BS to shooting within 12" is pretty cool, especially with all the outflanking and deep striking you can do. Really looking forward to dropping Horus and a 12-man squad of Justaerin to wipe out whatever they look at.

It'll be fun to switch deployment zones with you every game by Turn 2 via deepstrikes.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Ooof, why must my OCD be so strong and FW so expensive. I want to buy ten MKV assault marines, ten MKIII tacticals and a breacher upgrade kit to make some veterans and they're something like 150 pounds for twenty dudes and some bits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Drake_263 posted:

Ooof, why must my OCD be so strong and FW so expensive. I want to buy ten MKV assault marines, ten MKIII tacticals and a breacher upgrade kit to make some veterans and they're something like 150 pounds for twenty dudes and some bits.

Don't be a poor. By all the toys.