Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I heard about the "would you kill baby hitler" thing and holy poo poo I can't stop laughing knowing now it's PFTCommentator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Can we sit down as a society and appreciate the fact that PFTCommenter is now directly influencing electoral politics.

:patriot:

I pray that TFF is the Dead Sea Scrolls for 1321AC (After Chiche).

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I heard about the "would you kill baby hitler" thing and holy poo poo I can't stop laughing knowing now it's PFTCommentator

That was originally PFTCommenter? Because it was a recent New Yorker cartoon. If they're biting him, he's really made it big time.

E: This is not a comment on NYrker's quality, just their level of obliviousness.

Jerome Agricola fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Nov 13, 2015

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Can we sit down as a society and appreciate the fact that PFTCommenter is now directly influencing electoral politics.

A friend of mine is one of the dudes "protesting" with him in the pictures from Milwaukee and is giving me an extra "I am a Internet Commenter and I Vote" shirt.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

A friend of mine is one of the dudes "protesting" with him in the pictures from Milwaukee and is giving me an extra "I am a Internet Commenter and I Vote" shirt.

That's awesome

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I smell a fuccboi...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/23/jay-gruden-motivates-team-with-low-preseason-ranking/

quote:

“[Y]ou’re always looking for ways to motivate your team,” Gruden told reporters on Wednesday. “Football is hard enough as it is. It’s a grind, obviously. But if you can find unique ways — and there’s a lot of doubters and a lot of haters that really had a lot of negative things to say about this franchise before the season about this team, and you should take it personally. This is their jobs. This is what they are paid to do. We have a lot of pride in this locker room, and for people to give us no respect whatsoever is insulting and it is a motivational tool. I’d be stupid not to use that, in my opinion – to an extent, obviously. But to challenge these guys and let them know that, ‘Hey, this is where we are. This is where we need to get. That’s a long way.’ I think they’ve accepted the challenge and have come a long way. But I try not to buy into what people say, but to an extent, I think it was important to let them know what the views are. It wasn’t just one publication — it was ESPN, it was PFT, it was CBS. It was all of them that had us in the 30, 31 or 32 [range]. It is what it is. We still have a long way to go obviously but we’re proud of what we’ve done so far but we have a long way to go.”

First, you’re welcome, Jay.

Second, it’s good to know you “try not to buy into what people say.”

Third, I’m sorry I assumed that Gruden’s mediocre, 7-7 team would be worse than mediocre.

The team is in contention for a playoff spot only because it’s currently the best team in one of the worst divisions in football. If Tony Romo’s collarbone hadn’t broken twice, Washington would have no chance to play beyond Week 17. And if/when they appear in a playoff game, at home against most likely the Seahawks, Washington may wish they didn’t make it to the playoffs at all.

Still, Gruden should be proud. He exceeded expectations. And, frankly, he should be glad the expectations were so low. Next year, they won’t be — which will put far more pressure on him than there was in 2015.

:qq:

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Lol that's the bitchiest thing I've ever read.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Seriously that's cringe worthy for a poster let alone a millionaire journalist

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Seriously that's cringe worthy for a poster let alone a millionaire journalist

I apologize to any posters I've bitched about lately because that's so much worse. What a loving douchebag.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I dunno, that was a fun Christmas present.

midwat
May 6, 2007

How can the international community just sit back as Florio tortures sentences like that?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

midwat posted:

How can the international community just sit back as Florio tortures sentences like that?

I have already issued a fatwa explaining why he is evil. I'm just waiting for the Caliph to declare a jihad.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Chris Mortensen has throat cancer :smith:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Benne posted:

Chris Mortensen has throat cancer :smith:

Stage 4 too. Poor guy :(

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

Stage 4 too. Poor guy :(

Holy gently caress...

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
For those that don't know:

quote:

Stage IV The cancer has spread to distant tissues or organs

:smith:

e: Depending on the cancer you can still survive it, but the scale only goes up to IV so it's real bad.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

According to the American Cancer Society, the 5-year relative survival rate for stage IV throat cancers:

44% Glottis (part of the larynx including the vocal cords)
34% Supraglottis (part of the larynx above the vocal cords)
24% Hypopharynx
32% Subglottis (part of the larynx below the vocal cords) (Rare)

So yeah, this is really bad.

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life
He was on Philly radio a couple of weeks ago and sounded hoarse. That sucks.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Four Falls of Buffalo is pretty good, but it is jarring as gently caress when Sideline Reporter O.J. Simpson comes out of loving nowhere talking about the Bills in archival footage.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Phone posting but ESPN's ombudsman just wrote an article defending shutting down Grantland and apparently all his sources had no actual connection to grantland. Holly Anderson and some former Grantland writers are going off on Twitter.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I always feel a bit more disgust than usual at an ombudsman being so blatantly corrupted

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Mike Florio Doubles Down in His Crusade Against Shaun King

It's amazing how much the gap between modern day reporting and long forum post diatribes has narrowed.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/omarkelly/status/707386038134677504

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

I know it is "Sports Journalism", but how is this man employed?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Cactus Jack posted:

I'm more interested in how this man exists. Like, what causes a person to become Omar Kelly?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Grittybeard posted:

Like, what causes a person to become Omar Kelly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMTkedIUX8U

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Holy poo poo

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

He's just living his truth, who are we to judge?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Cactus Jack posted:

I mean, he is a gift and Ehud is his Messenger

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cactus Jack posted:

you better tighten up and follow the rules:

https://twitter.com/omarkelly/status/707388000905334784

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

Ehud posted:

:fry:

Have I... have I been served? :ohdear:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He honestly sounds like a D&D poster circa 2003-04 or so.

Has he ever called himself the Voice of Reason?

(Honestly he sounds like way too many HS/college students tweeting about politics, religion or video games).

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
I don't twitter, what's the egg avatar thing?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

warcrimes posted:

I don't twitter, what's the egg avatar thing?

It's the stupid newbie avatar equivalent for twitter.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ehud posted:

This is incredible

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Kalli posted:

It's the stupid newbie avatar equivalent for twitter.

yeah basically it's your default avatar when you sign up. It looks like this: https://twitter.com/pedruss3

Egg avatars have a reputation in twitter as the troll avatar. A lot of trolls and angry assholes use throwaway accounts so if you see people dissing "Egg Avatars" or something like that they are referring to these people.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
My favorite Omar Kelly moment is when he wrote a whole piece about them playing "Return of the Mack" at practice and how it was a veiled message because one of the lyrics was "you lied to me."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/dolphins-blog/sfl-are-miami-dolphins-sending-subliminal-messages-20131107-story.html

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

he is a literal unironic Pftcommenter

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Omar Kelly is a special blend of "football douchebag" and "Miami douchebag." I bet he's pissed that he didn't get a guest spot on Ballers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/13/howie-roseman-philadelphia-eagles-nfl-free-agency

Peter King posted:

You remember Roseman. He’s the Andy Reid acolyte (MMQB Word of the Day! Look it up!)

• Locked thread