Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

grassy gnoll posted:

Clarifications for this month's theme challenge: are the two challenges linked, IE if I paint a cutesy heart on one of my guys, does he also have to be jumping? And is this pose sufficiently leap-y?

No they aren't connected, you can do one or the other, or both, but you only get the points for one, not both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

I, Cat Face Joe, for the month of February, oath one Infinity PanO Fusilier from Corvus Belli.

This one will hopefully be the palette decider for the other seven

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
For the month of February, I, Electric Hobo, oath 1 Goblin Ninja. From CP Models.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I, CommissarRed, Oath Breaker of years past, Oath for the month of February one Scibor Barbarian and one Scibor Necromancer for my Frostgrave Warband.

I actually haven't painted in a little over two years and i'm worried my models are going to show it. But your guys' pictures have inspired me, so once more into the breach!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
thespaceinvader oathing for February one TIE Interceptor by Fantasy Flight Games in 1/270 scale

Hoping the 'primer plus one colour' thing still applies...

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
I UROBOROS Oath, 5 Ultramarine scouts, all magnetized with CCWs and a Heavy Bolter.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I, JerryLee, oath to paint one Creature of Blood Reef by Reaper, and one Kromac, Champion of the Wurm by Privateer Press

Haven't touched my PP army in many months but I've only got like two models for it that aren't painted, so I want to make a push for them. :toot:

The fish creature's pose will, I hope, be sufficient to get me the theme challenge.

Conan the Librarian
Mar 1, 2006

I drink zee beer from zee glass but das boring, das boot? ew yeah das more like it keep pouring
I, Conan the Librarian, do hereby swear an oath to complete these 3 stands of Panzerpioneers and two Steyr Kfz 70 trucks for Flames of War by Battlefront.

Upon closer inspection of the rules I see a requirement that miniatures be remove from their packaging prior to the picture being taken. I do humbly request an exception due to the clear packaging on my trucks, though I am willing to take another photograph if necessary.

dmnz
Feb 14, 2012

BNNRROWNWNWOWOWOWO
I, dmnz, do oath to complete these two River Trolls by GW for Febuary.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Let's try and get this Hadross starter finished.

Oathing three Deepmen, Torvash the Bannerman, and a Deep Caller. CMON, 28mm.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
[b]I, Grey Hunter, Oath the following 15 Armoured Infantry and 15 Lobotron Slicers - 15mm by (the now defunct) Alien Dungeon.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

I, Under 15, oath the following for February:

Reverend Moira, Clockmaker, Daktari, Zondbot

Corvus Belli, 28mm.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

I, Dagon, haven't oathed poo poo this year and have a backlog piling up, Oath two Clone Wars Y-Wings (Shapeways/Mel's Miniatures, 1/270) for February!

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

:refurb:SEPTEMBER JUDGEMENTS:refurb:

3rd place (1 Point) - Indolent Bastard

Very soul-warming to see this wealth of great looking terrain. It’s definitely worth the effort, these pieces are straightforward and super tasteful, the kind of thing that can be happily used for just about any game. Also that might be the best paint I’ve seen on one of those plastic city ruin corner thingies, I’m only slightly embarrassed to say mine are simply drybrushed grey.

2nd place (2 points) - LazyAngel

Very eye-catching. I love the combination of turquoise and warm silver. The weathering on the tank treads is really nice, and great detail all on the models generally. You are such a tease with that orange-yellow. It’s brilliant and I want to see it everywhere, but you know better. You say hush now, that is a special color.

1st place (3 points) - Ledgem

These are all fantastic. The attention to texture might be my favorite part. The surfaces are all tangible, from the jaggedy bone scythe to the soft toad belly. In fact, the toad in particular looks excellent, great handling of the murky browns.

Theme bonus point - Ledgem

While we’re at it, all your theme entries are very nice! The colors choices are great, faithful to the source material but also in keeping with each other. Again, that toad is absolutely captivating. So very, very captivating…

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
I jodai oath a mangler, two renegade and Magnus the Traitor(Privateer Press, 28)

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I, Lord_Hambrose, do OATH these 10 Pink Horrors for the month of February. GW, 28mm.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath this 28mm WWII Polish platoon HQ section from Warlord Games:

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I Signal do oath this Devil Dog Team, from Corvus Belli, in 28mm

R.S. Gumby
Jul 26, 2007

Utterly useless.
R.S. Gumby oaths a tiny DBA army of Gepids; 32 models, 15mm scale, by WestWind Productions

I'll continue painting DBA armies. This time it's Gepids. There's 4 stands of cavalry, 4 stands of spears and 2 skirmishers. Not quite a complete army, only because I have already painted some skirmishers.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, for the month of February, oath these 3 River Trolls and 4 Cold One Knights

Cat Face Joe posted:

I, Cat Face Joe, for the month of February, oath one Infinity PanO Fusilier from Corvus Belli.

Electric Hobo" posted:

For the month of February, I, Electric Hobo, oath 1 Goblin Ninja. From CP Models.

CommissarRed posted:

I, CommissarRed, Oath Breaker of years past, Oath for the month of February one Scibor Barbarian and one Scibor Necromancer for my Frostgrave Warband.
I actually haven't painted in a little over two years and i'm worried my models are going to show it. But your guys' pictures have inspired me, so once more into the breach!
Awesome! Glad everyone can inspire you :)

Uroboros posted:

I UROBOROS Oath, 5 Ultramarine scouts, all magnetized with CCWs and a Heavy Bolter.

JerryLee posted:

I, JerryLee, oath to paint one Creature of Blood Reef by Reaper, and one Kromac, Champion of the Wurm by Privateer Press

Conan the Librarian posted:

I, Conan the Librarian, do hereby swear an oath to complete these 3 stands of Panzerpioneers and two Steyr Kfz 70 trucks for Flames of War by Battlefront.

Upon closer inspection of the rules I see a requirement that miniatures be remove from their packaging prior to the picture being taken. I do humbly request an exception due to the clear packaging on my trucks, though I am willing to take another photograph if necessary.
I'll let this one slide, it's the first time it's come up this year so you're OK this time. Plus we can see the models clearly in the pack.

dmnz posted:

I, dmnz, do oath to complete these two River Trolls by GW for Febuary.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Oathing three Deepmen, Torvash the Bannerman, and a Deep Caller. CMON, 28mm.

Grey Hunter posted:

I, Grey Hunter, Oath the following 15 Armoured Infantry and 15 Lobotron Slicers - 15mm by (the now defunct) Alien Dungeon.

Under 15 posted:

I, Under 15, oath the following for February:

Reverend Moira, Clockmaker, Daktari, Zondbot

Corvus Belli, 28mm.

Dagon posted:

I, Dagon, haven't oathed poo poo this year and have a backlog piling up, Oath two Clone Wars Y-Wings (Shapeways/Mel's Miniatures, 1/270) for February!

jodai posted:

I jodai oath a mangler, two renegade and Magnus the Traitor(Privateer Press, 28)

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I, Lord_Hambrose, do OATH these 10 Pink Horrors for the month of February. GW, 28mm.

moths posted:

I, moths, oath this 28mm WWII Polish platoon HQ section from Warlord Games:

Signal posted:

I Signal do oath this Devil Dog Team, from Corvus Belli, in 28mm

R.S. Gumby posted:

R.S. Gumby oaths a tiny DBA army of Gepids; 32 models, 15mm scale, by WestWind Productions

thespaceinvader posted:

thespaceinvader oathing for February one TIE Interceptor by Fantasy Flight Games in 1/270 scale

Hoping the 'primer plus one colour' thing still applies...
err...that hasn't been part of the rules for a while, it's actually '2b. unpainted, primed or basecoated in a SINGLE color' but as I'm trying to catch up with lots of stuff I'll let this slide this time!

OATHS ACCEPTED!

So just to update everyone on the thread activity, over the weekend I'll be doing the prize draws to catch up to where we are now. We're waiting for one more Judgement for September and then the Judges will have the October photo album to go through. The January links for the spreadsheet will be updated in the next week or so, we've had some folks out of their homelands recently but we will be catching up!

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
:siren:September Judgment!:siren:

Third: WhiteOutMouse, 1 points

:wom: kickin' it with the stylistic choice of pink and beige.

2nd Place: JerryLee, 2 point

Your skin tone is spot-on to the game, and your overall painting really improved an old, goofy model. Rip and tear!

First Place: Gareth Gobulcoque, 3 points

Your glow effects are fantastic, and you really made them look like their movie counterparts.

Bonus Point: Dr. Gargunza, 1 point

Okay, I laughed. You crazy bastard.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Just as a heads up I just bought a KR multicase but I didn't see any sort of place I could say hi from the oath thread

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
I just sent them a separate email when I ordered and they wrote back to talk about a little bit.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
That's awesome, thanks both of you (and that reminds me that I need to get on KR for the box decoration prizes from a while back!). If you can send them - or any of our awesome sponsors! - an email or write on their Facebook page or something thanking them for their support, that would be fantastic :) They do notice and remember that kind of thing!

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Slimnoid posted:

2nd Place: JerryLee, 2 point

Your skin tone is spot-on to the game, and your overall painting really improved an old, goofy model. Rip and tear!

Hot drat, dude, thanks a lot. Obviously the 2 points are lovely, but this was also easily the model I've put the most into in the past year. Doom 1/2 are probably my favorite games of all time, based largely on the aesthetic, and the mini itself was a really special gift from a friend, so I really wanted to make sure I pulled it off. The skin tone was something I worked especially hard on. I was happy with the result but it means a lot to have some official recognition like this. :)

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Started on the basecoat before I decided to oath this guy. Is that cool?

I glitchkrieg Oath one Dark Lord Logar, Reaper miniatures, 30mm

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
I, nesbit37, oath for the month of February 1 zombicide zombie (28mm), 12 sister sledgehammer miniatures (warlord, 28mm), 6 scourge dropships and 17 ground vehicles for dropzone commander (10mm)

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
I, JackMann, being of sound mind and body, oath for the month of February 1 Leman Russ tankamajig

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I, counterspin, oath for February Molik Karn, a Cyclops Shaman, Supreme Aptimus Zaal, and the Kovaas, all Skorne models for Warmahordes

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for February 2016:
6 Paladins/Adventurers from Tecnolog
1 Bhole from Cthulu Wars
1 High Elf Maiden Guard from GW - 28mm
1 Savage Orc Shaman on Boar from GW - 28mm
1 big WissenSchaft robot thing from Anima Tactics - 28mm?
1 warrior from Reaper Miniatures - 30mm?

Quite the random selection this month!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Monoliths posted:

:refurb:SEPTEMBER JUDGEMENTS:refurb:

3rd place (1 Point) - Indolent Bastard

Very soul-warming to see this wealth of great looking terrain. It’s definitely worth the effort, these pieces are straightforward and super tasteful, the kind of thing that can be happily used for just about any game. Also that might be the best paint I’ve seen on one of those plastic city ruin corner thingies, I’m only slightly embarrassed to say mine are simply drybrushed grey.

Thanks. As a journeyman painter in this thread of master craftsmen a little recognition really brightens my day.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

Slimnoid posted:

:siren:September Judgment!:siren:

Third: WhiteOutMouse, 1 points

:wom: kickin' it with the stylistic choice of pink and beige.

Yay! I was hoping for some points ever since September! These were some of the first non Scifi minis I have painted. I was quite happy with them. It's quite the change going from heroic scale to this.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

glitchkrieg posted:

Started on the basecoat before I decided to oath this guy. Is that cool?

I glitchkrieg Oath one Dark Lord Logar, Reaper miniatures, 30mm
I know it's your first Oath, but actually the rules do specifically say '2b. unpainted, primed or basecoated in a SINGLE color' which I quoted further up this very same page. However, since I let it slide for that goon I'll have to let it slide for you as well - don't want to be too harsh on your very first attempt to join us, after all! But this will be your one Get Out of Jail Free card - just make sure you follow everything else properly (and you've done fine so far with everything else!).

nesbit37 posted:

I, nesbit37, oath for the month of February 1 zombicide zombie (28mm), 12 sister sledgehammer miniatures (warlord, 28mm), 6 scourge dropships and 17 ground vehicles for dropzone commander (10mm)

JackMann posted:

I, JackMann, being of sound mind and body, oath for the month of February 1 Leman Russ tankamajig

counterspin posted:

I, counterspin, oath for February Molik Karn, a Cyclops Shaman, Supreme Aptimus Zaal, and the Kovaas, all Skorne models for Warmahordes

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for February 2016:
6 Paladins/Adventurers from Tecnolog
1 Bhole from Cthulu Wars
1 High Elf Maiden Guard from GW - 28mm
1 Savage Orc Shaman on Boar from GW - 28mm
1 big WissenSchaft robot thing from Anima Tactics - 28mm?
1 warrior from Reaper Miniatures - 30mm?

OATHS ACCEPTED!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: OCTOBER PRIZE DRAW :siren:

The winner of the SPRINGER-PINSEL brush pack is: JERRYLEE! but you won previously in July!
So the next winner is UGLEB!

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT brush holder is: THE SUPREME COURT!

And now the GRAB BAG prize!
The winner of the GRAB BAG prize is: PASH!

We have albums going for both the US-based and the UK/EU-based prize pots! So here's who you will contact for your choice of prize:

If you live in North America, you are choosing from Iris of Ether's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live in the UK or Europe, you are choosing from Krushgroove's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live anywhere else, you may choose from either prize pot.

To CLAIM your prizes, click here and go to the bottom of the first post in the Oath Thread Season 6 thread.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: NOVEMBER PRIZE DRAW :siren:

The winner of the SPRINGER-PINSEL brush pack is: GREY HUNTER!

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT brush holder is: MASTERSLOWPOKE!

The winner of the GRAB BAG prize is: JODAI!

We have albums going for both the US-based and the UK/EU-based prize pots! So here's who you will contact for your choice of prize:

If you live in North America, you are choosing from Iris of Ether's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live in the UK or Europe, you are choosing from Krushgroove's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!

To CLAIM your prizes, click here and go to the bottom of the first post in the Oath Thread Season 6 thread.

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Feb 7, 2016

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: DECEMBER PRIZE DRAW :siren:

The winner of the SPRINGER-PINSEL brush pack is: LEDGEM!

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT brush holder is: GALASPAR!

The winner of the GRAB BAG prize is: SCHMETTERLING!

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Woo Updates!

OATH COMPLETE!

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

krushgroove posted:

I know it's your first Oath, but actually the rules do specifically say '2b. unpainted, primed or basecoated in a SINGLE color' which I quoted further up this very same page. However, since I let it slide for that goon I'll have to let it slide for you as well - don't want to be too harsh on your very first attempt to join us, after all! But this will be your one Get Out of Jail Free card - just make sure you follow everything else properly (and you've done fine so far with everything else!).

Thank you! I wasn't sure what "basecoated in a SINGLE color" covered here. I saw the previous post and figured because I'd primed the guy with an attempt at zenithal and then gave one coat of Xereus Purple it'd count as the basecoat. I'll make sure to only prime things in future - and I've already got some other things lined up to oath this month, depending on how much time I get in the next week, as I'm off on holiday the week after.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:siren: October Judgments! :siren:

Third Place, 1 Point: Gareth Gobulcoque

The dress on this model is fantastic. You nailed the black hair too, that must have been laborious.

Second Place, 2 Points: Germ

The shading and highlights on this model well placed. This is a great application of your painting style on a rounded model.

First Place, 3 Points: Moths

Great palette on this guy, solid base too. Everything ties together very well.

Jurnal, 1 Point: Dr. Gargunza

This looks just like a black & white photograph!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For February I, Galaspar, oath 5 Space Marines (GW, 28mm)

• Locked thread