Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
The fact that there's a process at all as opposed to just hopping on the bed and pulling something over you is what makes it weird.

The way he gets out is actually a little crazy, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

"And if you're really lazy, you can do this"
(spends way more energy and time to get out of bed)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
the weird thing is pat going to bed on his back and then carefully scooting around to sleep on his stomach

what an amazing animal is the patrick fuccboivin

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Dias posted:

the weird thing is pat going to bed on his back and then carefully scooting around to sleep on his stomach

what an amazing animal is the patrick fuccboivin

I do that too, I lay on my back and when I get sleepy I turn on my side, then after a few minutes, turn again onto my stomach. I mean, I'm not weirdly advocating it as THE way to get good sleep, but I do it the exact same way Pat does. Nothing about this strikes me as weird except sliding out of the bed, and how much thought he's put into how he falls asleep.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I know it's the right response but people freaking out over Cactuars will never not be hilarious.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
I used to be that insane about going to bed when I was like...eight? I used to insist on crawling in at the foot end (sheets untucked obviously) and then doing the burrito thing with the bedsheets + doona (comforter or whatever you amerikanskis call it) and then trying to align myself perfectly in the middle of my bed with no visible "seams". And then I guess I saw some titties, or something, and became a regular person? What a shame Fuccboivin never got the same chance.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I have immense difficulty sleeping on my back, unless I am totally wiped, in which case I can pass out however.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I cant understand sleeping on your stomach

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Pat sleeps in a loving jail cell. That's why he needs to keep his bed perfect - so he doesn't upset the Tall Warden.

Christing gently caress, that is a depressing room. No posters or decor other than a tiny table. No wonder he's insane. :smith:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I only ever sleep on my side

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

pulp rag posted:

Pat sleeps in a loving jail cell. That's why he needs to keep his bed perfect - so he doesn't upset the Tall Warden.

Christing gently caress, that is a depressing room. No posters or decor other than a tiny table. No wonder he's insane. :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z8WTcvaziM

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME

pulp rag posted:

Considering that his "Go To Sleep" technique is to stare at a stark white ceiling for 45 minutes, I'd say that's intentional.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

DumbparameciuM posted:

Considering that his "Go To Sleep" technique is to stare at a stark white ceiling for 45 minutes, I'd say that's intentional.

Has he thought about closing his eyes?

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME

Andrast posted:

Has he thought about closing his eyes?

Yeah, it's amazing he hasn't blown out his brains natural white balance in the process, hahah. I mean, that'd be crazy, you'd have to...turn down the brightness...on all your...devices.

Holy crap Andrast, I think you solved the mystery of Pats "Perfectly" Calibrated TV.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Wow everything about sword art online looks like the most trash anime, theres a vessel video about that garbage

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Pat should really get a sleep mask. I had a hard time falling asleep until I got one, and now it's hard to go to bed without one.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Depths posted:

Wow everything about sword art online looks like the most trash anime, theres a vessel video about that garbage

This is all I ever wanted

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Depths posted:

I'll save you the time, because it's exactly as it appears. It's the veneer of a vaguely interesting premise, but rub it even a bit, even with a gentle, microfibre cloth and the outer sheen immediately disintegrates, leaving you with nothing but mishandled characters, tropey writing and cringe-inducing japanisms; including but not limited to your classic tentacle rape scene, unrequited sibling romance and MMO coma-based literal duckolding. Ok maybe that last one's a little new.

It's like Log Horizon except things actually happen and those things are awful.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Anyone know any good, knowledgeable LP's of CV: Rondo of Blood? The original version, and not the PSP remake.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

TheRealestMatt posted:

Anyone know any good, knowledgeable LP's of CV: Rondo of Blood? The original version, and not the PSP remake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lmOO8DVoi0 This one's pretty good, they did a whole playlist of the castlevania series starting somewhere in 2010, the audio quality isn't great but they're pretty savvy about the industry-specifics of its release, as well as the lore of the game; if that's the kind of thing you're looking for.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Just switch to Maria as soon as you rescue her because she's a thousand times better and makes the game way more fun

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Is this one any good?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Since Matt asked for it in the video; probably filled in on that already but Sin has kind of city ruins on his back, so presumably after falling down in the lake the group landed on Sin himself (which would help explain why there's no water around them). After they all pass out Sin just sort of takes them on a trip halfway across the world and drops them off on Home island. I had admittedly completely forgotten about that part and had a giant blank in my mind as to how the team ends up at Home, probably because it's such a quick sequence of events that it doesn't last long enough to take in properly.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Justice Sloth posted:

I'll save you the time, because it's exactly as it appears. It's the veneer of a vaguely interesting premise, but rub it even a bit, even with a gentle, microfibre cloth and the outer sheen immediately disintegrates, leaving you with nothing but mishandled characters, tropey writing and cringe-inducing japanisms; including but not limited to your classic tentacle rape scene, unrequited sibling romance and MMO coma-based literal duckolding. Ok maybe that last one's a little new.

It's like Log Horizon except things actually happen and those things are awful.

And theres a little girl fairy that calls the self-insert MC daddy?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

By far the weirdest thing about Pat's sleeping pattern is the fact that the stares at the ceiling for 45 minutes.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Depths posted:

And theres a little girl fairy that calls the self-insert MC daddy?

That "girl fairy" is an AI subroutine in the original MMO that Asuna and Kirito adopt, and later somehow "hack" out of the game on a usb stick. Notice how the same sarcasm marks around the word "hack" were not found around the word adopt. This is because they literally adopt it and refer to it as their child after it helps them out of a bind. It calls them Mama and Papa and they spend an entire episode playing mother-goose to its loli-form in some idyllic virtual cabin; and no one ever brings up how weird it is. I wish I was making this up.

Justice Sloth fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Feb 9, 2016

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Justice Sloth posted:

That "girl fairy" is an AI subroutine in the original MMO that Asuna and Kirito adopt, and later somehow "hack" out of the game on a usb stick. Notice how the same sarcasm marks around the word "hack" were not found around the word adopt. This is because they literally adopt it and refer to it as their child after it helps them out of a bind. It calls them Mama and Papa and they spend an entire episode playing mother-goose to its loli-form in some idyllic virtual cabin; and no one ever brings up how weird it is. I wish I was making this up.

excuse me, it's not just any idyllic virtual cabin, it's their Idyllic Virtual Fuckcabin

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes, please call it by its proper name, the gently caress Cabin.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

OneDeadman posted:

excuse me, it's not just any idyllic virtual cabin, it's their Idyllic Virtual Fuckcabin

Maybe it's just my 90s-slasher-movie-saturated upbringing showing but I just assumed that was already implied by teens being near a cabin.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
who wouldn't adopt a baby AI though

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
There are episodes of SAO that are actually good but out of 40+ they number in the single digits so it's really not worth it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
there are more people in the zaibatsu willing to watch SAO than there are people willing to watch LoGH, what a horrible world

also GATE

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the big difference is pat and liam ironically like SAO

woolie legitimately thinks GATE is a bastion of anime

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

TriffTshngo posted:

There are episodes of SAO that are actually good but out of 40+ they number in the single digits so it's really not worth it.

Their goodness is soured by the knowledge that the show is actually about Kirito and Asuna and not about the dozens of significantly more interesting characters around them. And boy does it like to remind you.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Justice Sloth posted:

Their goodness is soured by the knowledge that the show is actually about [main character] and not about the dozens of significantly more interesting characters around them. And boy does it like to remind you.

Did you mean: basically every anime ever?

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Blockhouse posted:

the big difference is pat and liam ironically like SAO

woolie legitimately thinks GATE is a bastion of anime

In the vessel vid Liam says he likes the first season. Also lol i've never watched the show but it seems directly aimed at 14 year olds and people who use "waifu" unironically

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the "interesting side character that would be a better main character" as discussed in the Naruto LP is a myth because the second that side character is the main character then the new side characters would be more interesting

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Depths posted:

In the vessel vid Liam says he likes the first season. Also lol i've never watched the show but it seems directly aimed at 14 year olds and people who use "waifu" unironically

i mean so is most of the anime they like

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

lets hang out posted:

i mean so is most of the anime they like

Who's your Monster waifu? Mine is crushing existential doubt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I can't believe Gametrailers is loving dead
https://twitter.com/GameTrailers/status/696858020215586816