Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Fitting location given their probable future use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Lol. Gonna pass, thanks though.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
I "sourced" a locker like that from work once and it had been previously outfitted with shelves inside so I put in the garage for use as a paint/chemical locker. It works pretty well.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Any of you subarusexuals have any used MLS EJ head gaskets sitting around? Unbent is all I request, don't care if they've been torqued, used, run, whatever.

Or any garbage-grade EJ25 head gaskets you bought and then realized you should buy the good ones. As long as they haven't been run in, those are fine too.

I need two.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

kastein posted:

Any of you subarusexuals have any used MLS EJ head gaskets sitting around? Unbent is all I request, don't care if they've been torqued, used, run, whatever.

Or any garbage-grade EJ25 head gaskets you bought and then realized you should buy the good ones. As long as they haven't been run in, those are fine too.

I need two.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

:lol:
SubaruOwnership.jpg

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

I missed your post somehow but Ive got 2 virgin MLS ones that are sprayed with copper spray which is why I didnt use them.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Happy birthday you old man.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Happy birthday duderino.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Happy birthday man! :D

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
Happy Birthday Tim!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Fart Pipe posted:

I missed your post somehow but Ive got 2 virgin MLS ones that are sprayed with copper spray which is why I didnt use them.

Frankenstein was awesome and mailed me some used gaskets for this project, but if you don't mind, don't toss those. Assuming this ridiculous contraption works at all, I'll be tearing it back down and putting new gaskets on and I'd rather toss you a bit for copper-molested ones than buy brand new ones elsewhere since this won't ever see combustion pressure.

Also, happy birthday!

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Thanks dudes!

But yea kastein I think I know what youre planning now. The copper sprayed ones would do just fine.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Im thinking one gently caress off huge air compressor comprising of a subaru as the compressor and a 4.0 as the power source. Ive got a compressor at work thats a volkswagen engine with two cylinders converted into a compressor.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
Close, the power source is another subaru engine :getin:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
https://teamoneil.com/product/open-practice-day/
$20 / hour for practice runs on their really basic slalom and skid pad course. In snow, it's very safe. I could see a plastic bumper getting displaced if you really wanged it into one of the banks of the slalom.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Hey dudes. If anyone has a 94+ s10 pickup/blazer/bravada sitting around or knows of one, I am looking for clean interior pieces.

I've been keeping an eye on CL obviously, don't want to pay big at the junkyard, so I figured I'd post in here.

Dash board is the old 94-97 style.

I bought a beautiful ECSB rot free 94 with a trashed interior. I'll post some pics soon.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
gently caress yeah.

I gotta get down and visit again.

edit: just noticed my jeep in the corner of the pic. :v:

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
It's that time of year to start planning NEAI 2016.

Enter your weekends free via this link so we can pick a date!

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
July 4th weekend is a bad idea IMHO, but everything else is open for me. Are we gonna do two NEAI's this summer? If so, we should schedule the first one for early, so we don't actually pickle our livers from short-term overdose.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
I just put in my dates.

August is weird because I have annual training.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Any Friday night or Saturday works for me!

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I don't plan that far in advance but uhh I'm probably free all of those dates :v:

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
I put some availability in but really it's not super important 'cause i'll just plan my trip around whatever weekend you all pick.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

^^Haaa, look at this tool in the red shirt It's me, I'm the tool in the red shirt

I don't really plan that far in advance either, although I think I'm probably out for June 11, and the 4th of July weekend as well. Could probably do any of the others, unless something comes up unexpectedly.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

I don't think many of us plan that far ahead, haha. I just wanted to make sure we were able to plan around some of the stuff like NEFR, which I know a few guys spend multiple weekends prepping for and then running.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
If the weather ends up being warmer earlier, I'd be up for something in spring, too.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

I was planning on doing a spring cookout at some point that's smaller in scale than an NEAI. When I figure that out I'll post it up as well.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Time for a group buy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTDPI4xTetI

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I'd rather my cars were shot with an actual gun because that only makes one little hole instead of leaving nothing behind.

E:

Today I put the toiletjeep up on blocks to part it out
Yes I know I should have put the blocks with the holes vertical because they are strongest in that direction. No, I don't care, not even a little.

:v::v::v::v: :banjo:

kastein fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Mar 12, 2016

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Ken wins the Internet for today.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
I guess I forgot to post this a while back, so here you go. SharkyTM at his finest!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skeewVbT_J0

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

Slippery Tilde
Hey guys, I would super love to lock down a date for this as quickly as possible so I can book plane tickets (cathay has some ridiculously good pricing right now) - it looks like July 23rd is a yes for everyone thus far, is there anyone who objects to the 23rd?

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
In the past, mid to end of August has worked better. If you look at past dates you'll probably find they've all been in that range. Everyone involved in NEFR is gonna be beat and probably needs a weekend to restore their life back to normal. I'll probably be in Canada that weekend.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

NEFR is the weekend before that like Chris said. That means him, SiF, and anyone else doing that are not likely able to make it.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Oh christ I need to go update my poo poo then. Also 24 hours of Le Mans. Ugh ugh ugh wow.

Edit: Though I'm totally down with driving up to Maine one weekend and driving back up to Connecticut the very next weekend it's like a delayed celebration or something come on people

Edit edit: Chris and Dan fill out the doodle thing for dates so we can know when you can't make it. We're talking about July 23rd because everyone who filled out the doodle thing can make it on July 23rd.

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Mar 14, 2016

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
The dates I marked down as no good are for my summer military duty so entirely non-negotiable. Everything else is open as I don't have a life.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I have no idea if I'll make it no matter what date it is (seeing as I'm busily trying to have an actual house to live in) so pick a date and I'll decide the night before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I dont think I have any plans that far ahead so whenever is good for me. Might do another NEAI at my house too so if literally a fish cant make Andys I can plan mine around whenever he can come to the states.

• Locked thread