Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Are there still EU folk hanging around on Windrest? I could use an invite to the guild if that is a thing. My character is called Joe Hayabusa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

cathead posted:

It's definitely addressed, they're a pretty dominant PvP class in Korea right now. They really just need the extra skill points from hongmoon levels and some of their hongmoon skills.

Thank god, I suck at PVP in general, but it would really be nice to have a few more tools to deal with Destroyer spam. I just feel completely useless no matter what I spec against them!

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

Det_no posted:

Got any info on what build you are using? I've just gotten into pvp too (although I'm level 37) and while my PVE combo of launching people up into the air then blading the gently caress out of them initially worked out ok, now I'm having trouble.

I'm honestly just using the top PvP build for bladedancers as recommended by https://bnstree.com/ . Other than that, I found a rather comprehensive guide regarding Bladedancer on the forums https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/166120-guide-mastering-lyn-bladedancer-by-think/ . I haven't read through it myself, but it seems like a nice thing I'll definitely be checking out if I wanna perform good.

One of the most important things that I should point out is that apparently the game client is not balanced for level 45 at the moment. It's balanced around level 50, but as we use the Western client and they haven't opened up the zones and the possibility to level any further, PvP won't be completely balanced like it is in Korea.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

When you unlock a Legendary Skill, do you automatically get points into it, or do you need to add points from leveling to use it? Trying to decide what I need to focus on when the patch hits.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

LegionAreI posted:

Thank god, I suck at PVP in general, but it would really be nice to have a few more tools to deal with Destroyer spam. I just feel completely useless no matter what I spec against them!

Use your kick a lot, spec your C to pierce defences, SS away when they start spinning, try to spam Q when you're far away and hope that dodges their jump daze and block when they stop spinning to stop their pull.

Then lose and die instantly when you gently caress up once.

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Some of us decided to switch to blue side on windrest eu due to the fact that it's rather impossible to do dailies as red. Name is Good Jobbu, whisper Jaroslav or It follows for invite

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

So I bought a month of premium but immediately regretted it the next day and tried to ask for a refund. NCSoft said they can't refund coins once they have been spent. They didn't even try to compromise by saying no refunds, but you can have the NCcoin back as credit. It was just a flat no.

This is contrasted really hard by the time I called up Blizzard and asked them to credit my WoW account for like 6 months of previous inactivity and they just did it without any hesitation.

It just shocks me that a company would so readily burn a bridge like that over 16$. I don't know, they might just not give a gently caress about player retention now so long as they can hook a few whales that will float the game on a 1000 rng boxes.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
So I just reached 45 on my bladedancer, but I can't access the Blackram Supply Chain dungeon :( Am I doing something wrong? I am level 45 and I did the pre-quests, but I think I might need a weapon or something in order to be able to go there?

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Stalins Moustache posted:

So I just reached 45 on my bladedancer, but I can't access the Blackram Supply Chain dungeon :( Am I doing something wrong? I am level 45 and I did the pre-quests, but I think I might need a weapon or something in order to be able to go there?

You need your weapon upgraded to at least the point it requires a Dokumo weapon to be able to queue for it (or you could just equip a Dokumo weapon, queue, and change back in the lobby area). That's basically BnS's version of WoW's ilvl requirements for dungeon finder.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

cathead posted:

You need your weapon upgraded to at least the point it requires a Dokumo weapon to be able to queue for it (or you could just equip a Dokumo weapon, queue, and change back in the lobby area). That's basically BnS's version of WoW's ilvl requirements for dungeon finder.

And moonwater transformation stones costs like 6 gold each on my server, which is quite insane. I need gold, and people in the clan tells me to do 'dailies', but I've no idea which dailies to do :psyduck:

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Minorkos posted:

Are there still EU folk hanging around on Windrest? I could use an invite to the guild if that is a thing. My character is called Joe Hayabusa

About 10 or so of us and I'll hook you up an invite when I get on

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Marketplace is cross server, so we all know your pain. Head to the blackram place west of pigtown and just walk right in. There should be a big tall NPC dude with a poo poo ton of Pohwaran dailies. Think you can do them all in 24 man.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Stalins Moustache posted:

And moonwater transformation stones costs like 6 gold each on my server, which is quite insane. I need gold, and people in the clan tells me to do 'dailies', but I've no idea which dailies to do :psyduck:

Like Rainuwastaken said, do the E. Fleet Supply Chain dailies. There's a bunch, just group up with people in the instance and they shouldn't take too long to do, you can get ~4g a day just from that.

edit: Also Bloodshade Harbor will have it's own 24man when it comes this week, you can get another 4-5g from that apparently as well.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

cathead posted:

Like Rainuwastaken said, do the E. Fleet Supply Chain dailies. There's a bunch, just group up with people in the instance and they shouldn't take too long to do, you can get ~4g a day just from that.

edit: Also Bloodshade Harbor will have it's own 24man when it comes this week, you can get another 4-5g from that apparently as well.

Do you have to get the first hit on the mobs for them to count if you're not in a group with the people in there?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I've been getting about 2g every day from making the purple jewelcrafting thing. It only takes 12 hours to make so you could do it more often if you were diligent about logging in at the right times. Good cash dollars per time spent. I haven't really been grinding at all and I'm up to about 24g mostly from doing that.

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

Loose Ifer posted:

Do you have to get the first hit on the mobs for them to count if you're not in a group with the people in there?

On the mini bosses and regular mobs yeah. It's not hard to find a party to run through it though. That's all I've been doing the last couple of days.

Lemming posted:

I've been getting about 2g every day from making the purple jewelcrafting thing. It only takes 12 hours to make so you could do it more often if you were diligent about logging in at the right times. Good cash dollars per time spent. I haven't really been grinding at all and I'm up to about 24g mostly from doing that.

On that note, what else are people doing with crafting guilds to make money? I went with Soul Shields and Potters but I haven't touched it in like two weeks after getting to ~rank 4. poo poo was getting expensive and I wasn't sure about what I was supposed to be doing.

Ra-amun fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Feb 8, 2016

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Once you rank up look at what you can make, see how much the raw materials cost on the market (for stuff you can't make yourself), see what the thing sells for, do that for all the things you reasonably think might be worthwhile, choose the one that gives you the best return.

Some things are nonsense like one of the jewelcrafting things sells for less than the raw cost of the materials lmao, I assume it's because it can drop randomly but don't be a chump and make something that loses you money

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

Ra-amun posted:

On the mini bosses and regular mobs yeah. It's not hard to find a party to run through it though. That's all I've been doing the last couple of days.

On that note, what else are people doing with crafting guilds to make money? I went with Soul Shields and Potters but I haven't touched it in like two weeks after getting to ~rank 4. poo poo was getting expensive and I wasn't sure about what I was supposed to be doing.

I run Premium Earthenware Refiners. You can get the silicate for a good price (8s a piece) and pay 80s for ten, then make two sets of 5 Premium Earthenware Refiners with the Pine Sap from Green Thumbs and the Earthenware Refiners from your own Potters, and you'll make a little less than double the cost of the silicate at the end of that 12 hours (6 hours per 5 Refiners) This requires you to get the rest of the mats yourself for "free" (I think even if you included the cost of the mats on the AH you'd come out a little bit more ahead then you were)

It's not amazing money, but it gets me a little profit.

Then, if you can, get Moonwater Tears and start making the Tempered Clay Refiners. You have to be careful here, as often the price of Moonwater Tears and Tempered Clay Refiners will approach each other on the auction house. What I do is just hope to get them in dungeons, setting myself to about a 60s max for 2 (I've never seen them on the AH lower than 35s a piece) so I can guarantee some kind of profit. Again, it's not amazing, but it works.

You're really kind of tied down to that making money using Potters until you get the Merry Potters Secret Techniques which you either suck it up and buy on the AH or hope it drops and people are broke when you run the dungeon.

To be clear I'm by no means an Auction House Magnate, but this is what I've been doing.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
Is there anything I can feed to my weapon that actually GIVES decent xp at the siren stage? I wish I had element stones left over :negative:

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Break down blue quality cold iron weapons (and siren purples that drop that you don't need) into element dust. Fuse the dust, plus soul shield dust, plus soulstones into new element gems.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
As prophesied the great purge has begun and there is once again room in Good Jobbu, blue clan on Mushin.

If you need an invite, send a tell to Quiz or Quizzical. I'll be on one of them for most of the evening. If you were kicked and still actively play the game then I'll reinvite you.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Gearhead posted:

Break down blue quality cold iron weapons (and siren purples that drop that you don't need) into element dust. Fuse the dust, plus soul shield dust, plus soulstones into new element gems.

Wait you can make items by fusing other items together? :monocle: Or is this a crafting thing?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Go to do a pigsty for the daily, everyone in the party is there just staring at the first boss for a good full minute, no one says anything, so I jump in and suddenly everyone starts screaming about me having the gall to attack something in a dungeon. Afterward I asked what we were waiting for, someone says "you ranged pull so that you can avoid the mushroom spam" and that's cool, but that's not what I asked, and if I hadn't suicided we'd probably all still be sitting there with thumbs up our asses staring at that boss. Pubbies in this game are awful.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ice Fist posted:

At what point level wise would this thread consider it a good idea to start trying PvP? I assume there's at least some sort of recommended minimum so that certain abilities are unlocked, etc. Is it dependent on class?

As soon as you get daily quests for it, especially in world PvP.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

And now I join a skittering tunnels, 2 people die in that initial pull and someone immediately drops, someone else says "too many low levels" and drops afterward

holy poo poo this community is awful

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
That's literally every MMO community.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

An assassin and I just waited for like 15 seconds for the party to fill out again and then we just did the dungeon, there was no appreciable difference in levels among the parties.

DemonMage posted:

That's literally every MMO community.

It's been awhile since I've done a f2p mmo, plus my last MMO was FFXIV, which didn't even allow you to talk about dps parsing in game. It's hilarious if you go into that thread and the goons are convinced that you should be allowed to call out people for low dps because they haven't seen the kind of poo poo people will do if they're allowed to.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

When I was levelling, the cross-server dungeon groups seemed really chill. I had a good time. Now that I'm at level 45, they seem to be full of the most frustrating idiots trying to play at being pro players. There's always some genius trying to pull several rooms of trash without warning the group, causing hilarious mishaps as one person just afks and the rest try to pick mobs off the train. In the end, everyone dies, except me because I just spam Vortex.

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010
Has anyone had any market success selling the Artisan Moonwater primers?

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
I haven't had any terrible experiences in terms of people being dicks. I had one guy go "dude why" when I was bidding up on Moonwater Tears (which were still way under AH value.) I don't know what he was expecting, to just win them without a fight? I need them too! But other than that, mostly just idiots silently pulling ALL OF THE INSTANCE. Trash doesn't take THAT long, you guys.

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Stealthed Zombie posted:

You're really kind of tied down to that making money using Potters until you get the Merry Potters Secret Techniques which you either suck it up and buy on the AH or hope it drops and people are broke when you run the dungeon.

Merry Potter recipe only costs like 15 silver last I checked a few days ago. (I was an idiot and bid 50 silver on one thinking it still cost 50g)

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008

yergacheffe posted:

Merry Potter recipe only costs like 15 silver last I checked a few days ago. (I was an idiot and bid 50 silver on one thinking it still cost 50g)

Uh what? It is 28g right now

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
There's more than one recipe, they do different things

I think I lost 1.5g bidding on the wrong one

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

yergacheffe posted:

Basically what everyone above said, but I also wanted to go on record that I see people occasionally put them up for 28 silver instead of gold (looking at the selling history, I always miss) and I'm always A) Sad that I missed it and B) Feel kinda bad for someone goofing that hard.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
They should have a confirmation pop up (that you can turn off) when you try to sell something under 50% market value

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

GlitchThief posted:

Wait you can make items by fusing other items together? :monocle: Or is this a crafting thing?

The symbol that looks like three arrows curled around a dot at the bottom of your inventory window is your Transmute window. This allows you to combine things outside of normal crafts. This is where you create gemstones out of gem fragments that aren't diamonds, where you create outfits from cloth and where you turn various salvaged dusts into gems to feed to your weapons and accessories past a certain point.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

And now I join a skittering tunnels, 2 people die in that initial pull and someone immediately drops, someone else says "too many low levels" and drops afterward

holy poo poo this community is awful
Protip: don't remotely consider grouping for anything lower than a purple dungeon. Everything (including the purples) is soloable.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Uh it's way faster and easier to group it though.

Endings
Jan 17, 2012

Close your eyes...

Amante posted:

Protip: don't remotely consider grouping for anything lower than a purple dungeon. Everything (including the purples) is soloable.

I dunno, I usually found it faster than actually going to the dungeon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Oops, didn't know that there was more than one Potter recipe from Brightstone Ruins. So to be clear, the big money one makes "Premium Tempered Clay Refiner" and is called "Merry Potter Secret Technique - Moonwater". What's the other one make and what's it called?

• Locked thread