Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which sister is best
This poll is closed.
sakura 11 6.96%
hinoka 21 13.29%
camilla 42 26.58%
elise 15 9.49%
im gay (in a nonironic sense) 69 43.67%
Total: 158 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

is talisman cool?

Doesn't that violently transform into pure energy if it comes in physical contact with a eurogame?

Those things always make me wish I was playing the bad guys instead :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Jostiband posted:

Doesn't that violently transform into pure energy if it comes in physical contact with a eurogame?

Those things always make me wish I was playing the bad guys instead :(

One of your party members in Shadow Hearts Covenant is a gay vampire pro wrestler who believes himself to be a transforming superhero. His weapons include giant, random blunt objects. He's better than any conceivable bad guy

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yggdra union is basically about how yggdra tricks herself into being a jrpg villain because she has the cool magic sword that clearly means she's on the side of justice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jak5jypldvA

even her battle theme sounds like a boss theme

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Sylphid posted:

Pan-pa-ka-paaaaan!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

a good hair style, i support it

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's okay, Hinoka. Bedhead style can be good, too.

Can't really compare to Azama, though. That is some serious hair.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

homeless snail posted:

terra mystica

ill see if they have

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

lol, :same:

e: calling it a "style" is pushing it though

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

The Colonel posted:

a good hair style, i support it

:yeah:

That guy will learn to respect the cute hair!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Jostiband posted:

no, this does

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i wanted to try it but didnt have enough times

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Sharkopath posted:

whats a cool eurogame

Puerto Rico was my introduction to euros, and I think it's a good one. Castles of Burgundy is another good intro. Caylus is also good, and practically invented worker placement as a mechanic. All three of these are old staples of their types, and if you're interested you can probably easily find a stranger willing to teach them.

If you can find a copy of Medici to play, it's a great, short, one-mechanic euro consisting entirely of auctions. That kind of simple, focused euro is often my favorite.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

no, this does

:eyepop:

I wish I had friends to boardgame with. Games rule

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I played the Game of Thrones board game once. It was boring and bad.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Puerto Rico was my introduction to euros, and I think it's a good one. Castles of Burgundy is another good intro. Caylus is also good, and practically invented worker placement as a mechanic. All three of these are old staples of their types, and if you're interested you can probably easily find a stranger willing to teach them.

If you can find a copy of Medici to play, it's a great, short, one-mechanic euro consisting entirely of auctions. That kind of simple, focused euro is often my favorite.

they had a demo set up for a game about trading jewels whose name i forgot, ill check it next time im around

im quoting so i can keep all these game names

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

chumbler posted:

I played the Game of Thrones board game once. It was boring and bad.

a faithful game

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Blhue posted:

Rock the boat

Bubbly girls with large breasts will always be in style.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Sharkopath posted:

they had a demo set up for a game about trading jewels whose name i forgot, ill check it next time im around

im quoting so i can keep all these game names

Istanbul is a recent game about trading jewels; it's really good, so if it was that, go for it!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I know nothing about GoT besides: gore death sex a dude sets his daughter on fire diarrhea

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I wish I could rock the bed head hairstyle but when your hair naturally grows into an afro it does not leave room for many options

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Time for a nice game of Cuba Libre!

*gets completely owned by a spreadsheet*

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Jostiband posted:

:eyepop:

I wish I had friends to boardgame with. Games rule

There are games I play with my good friends, but I've largely learned to make new friends to play the games I'm most interested in. Doing so is what got me into the awesome D&D group I'm with now, so it's worked out really well! So go to board game nights at local stores!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Istanbul is a recent game about trading jewels; it's really good, so if it was that, go for it!

it was a game called Splendor.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
I'm two episodes into Spice and Wolf and it's good, but I was promised more action-packed trading and haggling so it better start delivering on that front soon.

Motto posted:

I know nothing about GoT besides: gore death sex a dude sets his daughter on fire diarrhea

That didn't happen in the books dammit!
:goonsay:

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Sylphid posted:

Insert a lot of gay subtext, no matter the cost.

do you even know who you're talking to here

no actually what I am doing stuff for is Battle for Wesnoth, and it is easy to do for that game because they are sooooooooo understaffed right now. the coding stuff is a little beyond me at the moment and I'm not the best spriter (though I have had okay success modifying various male-only sprites to have female variants, not so much success trying to make something totally from scratch) but there is a looooooooot of writing contributed by people who don't speak the best english and/or aren't very good writers

most of what I've gone in there and redone is encyclopedia-ey entries, a lot of which only really said things like 'yo this a big-rear end scorpion' which i rummaged through to actually make somewhat informative. working on a single-player story though! it will feature plenty burninating of peasants in their thatch-roofed cottages

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gyra_Solune posted:

do you even know who you're talking to here

no actually what I am doing stuff for is Battle for Wesnoth, and it is easy to do for that game because they are sooooooooo understaffed right now. the coding stuff is a little beyond me at the moment and I'm not the best spriter (though I have had okay success modifying various male-only sprites to have female variants, not so much success trying to make something totally from scratch) but there is a looooooooot of writing contributed by people who don't speak the best english and/or aren't very good writers

most of what I've gone in there and redone is encyclopedia-ey entries, a lot of which only really said things like 'yo this a big-rear end scorpion' which i rummaged through to actually make somewhat informative. working on a single-player story though! it will feature plenty burninating of peasants in their thatch-roofed cottages

Battle for Wesnoth has angered me too many times when my goddamn 70% hit chance guys miss.

Being able to slap a name on every hex is good, though.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

oh, wesnoth is coming to steam? that's cool

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Sylphid posted:

Bubbly girls with large breasts will always be in style.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

Endorph posted:

yggdra union is basically about how yggdra tricks herself into being a jrpg villain because she has the cool magic sword that clearly means she's on the side of justice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jak5jypldvA

even her battle theme sounds like a boss theme

She looks like an adorable chibi though, and cute is justice therefore....

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

There are games I play with my good friends, but I've largely learned to make new friends to play the games I'm most interested in. Doing so is what got me into the awesome D&D group I'm with now, so it's worked out really well! So go to board game nights at local stores!

But that would mean I'd have to go outside and interact with actual people! :ohdear:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Hah, played against someone who named themselves Awesomesauce in SIF.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sharkopath posted:

no, this does

that looks awesome

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jostiband posted:

But that would mean I'd have to go outside and interact with actual people! :ohdear:
get tabletop simulator and play board games with internet weirdos then

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

that looks awesome
the starcraft boardgame is cooler

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

homeless snail posted:

That looks considerably less cool.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

homeless snail posted:

they had that too, they have lots of stuff

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Matoi Ryuko posted:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

chumbler posted:

Battle for Wesnoth has angered me too many times when my goddamn 70% hit chance guys miss.

Being able to slap a name on every hex is good, though.

haha yeah that's the best part of the game when your super accuracy guys miss every attack

that's why you always plan for your people to fail! because they will fail, and often!

and yeah they've been planning it to come on Steam for ages but things move sloooooooooow. they made a trailer, and then updated the game so the trailer was no longer accurate lol, but someone's finally working on a new one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Aile is cool.

• Locked thread