Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

ConfusedUs posted:

These?

http://i.imgur.com/RYM8jd1.jpg

If so, they're just backwards M3-A Sycks, more or less.

So people keep saying.

And they're not 100% wrong.

But the spinny wings and the general design just... work better for me. Sure, I could buy a Scyk (ugh) and fiddle with it to turn it round, but... nah, I want a real one, even if I have to scratchbuild it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

That ship is drat sexy. I hope FFG puts it in the game. Scum could also use a colour scheme that isn't brown.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

ConfusedUs posted:

These?

http://i.imgur.com/RYM8jd1.jpg

If so, they're just backwards M3-A Sycks, more or less.

Sorta.
Here's a ship design leaked by a British tabloid

From what I can tell, it appears to be piloted by an astromech and shooting at Rey. Maybe a scum ship?

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Isn't that just a rear shot of a T-70 with the lasers coming out of the engine?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
That's what it looks like to me, but maybe we're missing something?

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

That's what it looks like to me, but maybe we're missing something?

T-70 buff confirmed, they're getting a title which gives them a rear firing arc.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Kata-Haro posted:

Isn't that just a rear shot of a T-70 with the lasers coming out of the engine?

Well, maybe they've just blown the next film's budget already, and are getting desperate for 'new' ship designs to feature in the film and sell merch of?
v:v:v

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Kata-Haro posted:

T-70 buff confirmed, they're getting a title which gives them a rear firing arc.

Poe should be able to take Hot Shot Blaster, based off of the opening scene.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Madurai posted:

But I have to throw the dice hard or they won't randomize properly and

I played against a guy a few days ago who picked up a die and dropped it. The result came up with the worst possible result for him. He said "I didn't really roll that. I just dropped it."

Dude, look. You picked it up. You dropped it. It bounced and rolled. How the blue gently caress is that any different than any other roll?

Guy argued about it for 15 minutes, and kept making snarky remarks for half an hour after that.

I don't think I'm playing with that guy anymore.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

My buddy doesn't really shake his dice in his hand and rolls crits like 100% of the time. I might buy a dice tower to play with him.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

ConfusedUs posted:

I played against a guy a few days ago who picked up a die and dropped it. The result came up with the worst possible result for him. He said "I didn't really roll that. I just dropped it."

Dude, look. You picked it up. You dropped it. It bounced and rolled. How the blue gently caress is that any different than any other roll?

Guy argued about it for 15 minutes, and kept making snarky remarks for half an hour after that.

I don't think I'm playing with that guy anymore.

Wait, what? Did he at any point explain what the purpose of his 'drop' was, then? Was it explained away as a 'practice roll' that he would've re-rolled regardless of the result (Honest!), or something? And drat, yeah if he's gonna whinge about it afterwards, on top of that...urgh. I certainly hope that wasn't at an event where he was trying that on other people, too..

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Major Isoor posted:

Wait, what? Did he at any point explain what the purpose of his 'drop' was, then? Was it explained away as a 'practice roll' that he would've re-rolled regardless of the result (Honest!), or something? And drat, yeah if he's gonna whinge about it afterwards, on top of that...urgh. I certainly hope that wasn't at an event where he was trying that on other people, too..

He made some allusion to football where it's not a complete pass if the receiver never had complete control of his dice. I mean, football. Basically since he never firmly had it in his grip (whatever that means) then the roll was not legit. It was ridiculous.

It's one thing to kinda fumble a die and sweep it up before it finishes bouncing--I've done that--but it's entirely something different to drop it, see the result, and then say you hosed up when it was a bad result.

No, it wasn't an official event. Just a league night.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
(Sorry to continue this very slight derail, but)

ConfusedUs posted:

He made some allusion to football where it's not a complete pass if the receiver never had complete control of his dice. I mean, football. Basically since he never firmly had it in his grip (whatever that means) then the roll was not legit. It was ridiculous.

It's one thing to kinda fumble a die and sweep it up before it finishes bouncing--I've done that--but it's entirely something different to drop it, see the result, and then say you hosed up when it was a bad result.

No, it wasn't an official event. Just a league night.

hahaha wow, really?! He's trying to justify his attempted re-roll with football rules? :D ('Firm grip' my arse - isn't the point of rolling dice not having a firm grip on it, so the result is less predictable, as that'll cause it to, well, roll?) I wonder if he tries cheating his way through everything in life, or just his hobbies?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Major Isoor posted:

(Sorry to continue this very slight derail, but)

hahaha wow, really?! He's trying to justify his attempted re-roll with football rules? :D ('Firm grip' my arse - isn't the point of rolling dice not having a firm grip on it, so the result is less predictable, as that'll cause it to, well, roll?) I wonder if he tries cheating his way through everything in life, or just his hobbies?

Yeah, really.

Anyway, I've played this guy 8 or 10 times in the last six months, and every time I kinda come away wondering if I actually enjoyed myself or not. He just kinda...gripes all the time.

This particular instance just kinda sealed the deal about not playing with him anymore.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
The only gray area I run into there is when a die flies off the table.
Yeah, just reroll that one instead of carefully peering under the table to identify it before picking it up. Don't make this weird

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

There's a guy who's a shoe in for a set of the acrylic lock tokens in our league. He showed up first night with a starter and one expansion, consistently loses, but keeps coming back with a good attitude and playing New people. I say good for him.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?
Showing off two of the repaints that my lady has done on my behalf, since I am a moron who cannot paint worth a poo poo:

Black One, which looks super-dope in person and if you pay attention has BB-8 painted in there like a pro

This is for POW, and it's Whisper emerging from cloak (to shoot you, probably)

I know there's a whole thread for repaints but that seems like more of a critique deal; I'm just trying to brag here, so :3:

(also I think she applied instagram filters to them because she is a woman, and that's what they do I guess)

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I've always been partial to the Skipray Blastboast.

Honestly surprised this and Lando's modified Sorusuub yacht haven't shown up or been hinted at yet.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
I want to start flying some fun scum bounty hunter builds.
Did some reading and I came up with what I am calling "My Aggressive Spray."
With Fett, I thought I could use Greedo and the Mangler cannon to try and get 2 crits off, then use determination to cancel any pilot based crits that may come back my way because of Greedo.
IG88 can sort of hang back a little with his ion cannon or heavy, and inertial dampners let him take a kill shot if needed.

[url]https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!109:27,43,23,22,-1,108:-1:-1:;116:8,110,-1,114,-1,-1:-1:3:&sn=An%20Aggressive%20Spray[/url]

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
I've been having good but not astounding luck with this list:

quote:

SOONTIR + VESSERY + OMEGA LEADER

100 points

PILOTS

“Omega Leader” (26)
TIE/fo Fighter (21), Comm Relay (3), Juke (2)

Colonel Vessery (39)
TIE Defender (35), Ion Cannon (3), TIE/D (0), Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)

Soontir Fel (35)
TIE Interceptor (27), Royal Guard TIE (0), Push the Limit (3), Autothrusters (2), Stealth Device (3)

Omega Leader keeps someone locked up, Vessery drops the hurt on them with two target-locked attacks, Soontir provides hurt if the enemy focuses on Vessery. Rebel aces get ionized and focused down.

The problem comes when Vessery can't keep the target in arc, or when Vessery dies. I'm also not a huuuuge fan of his PS6. (He and Omega Leader seem ripe for Adaptability).

What do you guys think I could do to improve it? Cut TIE Mk. II on the Defender, add VI? Something else?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
So am I right in thinking expert handling or Wes are rhe best counters for O'Leader?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Personally, the version of that I'm going to run (once Imperial Veterans comes out, that is) is Tractor Beam + VI on Vessery (or possibly Rexler Brath so he can go first)--I think I like cutting agility more than I like the ion cannon.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
x7 Defender with Juke seems pretty loving decent to me. MIght as well toss on a TIE Mk2 while I'm at it. I'm thinking of something like this.

Colonel Vessery (35)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Tractor Beam (1)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE/D (0)

Rexler Brath (37)
Juke (2)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Academy Pilot (12)

Academy Pilot (12)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Unless there's a cheaper pilot with an Elite slot in Veterans, or someone with a more useful skill. Maybe Maarek Steele will be worth it second time around?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

General Battuta posted:

Omega Leader keeps someone locked up, Vessery drops the hurt on them with two target-locked attacks, Soontir provides hurt if the enemy focuses on Vessery. Rebel aces get ionized and focused down.

The problem comes when Vessery can't keep the target in arc, or when Vessery dies. I'm also not a huuuuge fan of his PS6. (He and Omega Leader seem ripe for Adaptability).

What do you guys think I could do to improve it? Cut TIE Mk. II on the Defender, add VI? Something else?

Trade Soontir for Vader (VI, Engine Upgrade, Title, ATC) so Vessery is free to switch targets if necessary. All you really need is to ion a small ship once for O'Leader or Vader to get on their tail and finish the job.

bunnyofdoom posted:

So am I right in thinking expert handling or Wes are rhe best counters for O'Leader?

They're good for that, yeah. Or shoot at him with ships he doesn't have locked. He melts under any sort of focus fire--he's just a TIE fighter to anyone that he doesn't have locked.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.
e: Non-painting related: I've been running Soontir + Miniswarm, but I wanted to try an aces list (maybe with palpatine in a shuttle?). What's a good place to start there? Soontir + Vader + Palpatine?

guts and bolts posted:

This is for POW, and it's Whisper emerging from cloak (to shoot you, probably)

I know there's a whole thread for repaints but that seems like more of a critique deal; I'm just trying to brag here, so :3:

(also I think she applied instagram filters to them because she is a woman, and that's what they do I guess)

A guy in my city did a similar repaint, it looks really cool (so does yours!)

Jeb Bush 2012 fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Feb 9, 2016

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

guts and bolts posted:

That's sexist, they also let nearby ships re-roll attack dice. :colbert:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Here's a Vessery/Vader/O'Leader list I want to try
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f...amed%20Squadron

Vessery has Tractor Beam, TIE/D, and Decoy. I think you could set up some nasty plays with Vader, especially, shooting after the tractor beam hits. This is a very offense-heavy list.

Some alternatives:
Go VI on Vessery instead of Decoy. You could swap out Tractor Beam for Ion Cannon if you wanted. Probably a better "control" list, if you think you can land the ion reliably.

Go for TIE x/7 and Juke on Vessery instead of TIE/d and Cannons. This frees enough points for a stealth device on O'Leader. This list should be significantly more durable, but you lose the control and double-tap.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

e: Non-painting related: I've been running Soontir + Miniswarm, but I wanted to try an aces list (maybe with palpatine in a shuttle?). What's a good place to start there? Soontir + Vader + Palpatine?

A guy in my city did a similar repaint, it looks really cool (so does yours!)

Thank you much! I'll also re-post my take on the POW list here.

quote:

Boom Boom POW

Whisper (41)
TIE Phantom (32)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Agent Kallus (2)
Fire-Control System (2)
Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

Omega Leader (26)
TIE/fo (21)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

Captain Yorr (32)
Lambda-Class Shuttle (24)
Emperor Palpatine (8)

Total: 99

Otisburg posted:

That's sexist, they also let nearby ships re-roll attack dice. :colbert:

True, thanks for catching that.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Is ATC among the things OL cock blocks when you're locked?

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Otisburg posted:

Yep. Adding dice is modifying. It's why he beats 3PO.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Otisburg posted:

Yep, any changes to the result you roll is blocked by OL, (un)fortunately.

EDIT: Beaten

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Hmmm....

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!22:27,-1:23:3:U.124;187:152,153:-1:-1:;79:27,36,-1:-1:9:&sn=VOW

Darth Vader (29)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Advanced Targeting Computer (1)
Engine Upgrade (4)
TIE/x1 (0)

"Omega Leader" (21)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

"Whisper" (32)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Lack of an initiative bid is less than ideal. Could probably swap VI on Vader for Adaptability when the next wave drops.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Otisburg posted:

[a Whisper list with no bid]

you may have a bad time here

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

guts and bolts posted:

you may have a bad time here

I just need to get my opponent to spot me a few points and I'm fine.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Otisburg posted:

I just need to get my opponent to spot me a few points and I'm fine.

I'm sketched out taking only a 1-point bid with my current POW list, but it was that or chuck Kallus, or possibly FCS; I think that's just too costly. If the TAP somehow blows my mind, maybe we can make more room? I don't know.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

quote:

The Ghost Is Going To Be Pretty Bad, Guys

Hera Syndulla (51)
VCX-100 (40)
Advanced Sensors (3)
"Chopper" (0)
Chewbacca (4)
Engine Upgrade (4)

Corran Horn (48)
E-Wing (35)
Push The Limit (3)
R2-D2 (4)
Fire-Control System (2)
Engine Upgrade (4)

Total: 99

View In Yet Another Squad Builder

No turret because you want to be primary-ing everything anyway, nothing can match the 4/5 dice gun and Hera maybe gets you there if you stick the rocks in a corner and fly like a maniac. Chopper's there if you can't afford to greenmove and still need to shoot at stuff. Chewie gives you a little more EHP to survive. Sensors and Engine Upgrade seem obvious.

Corran Horn is Corran Horn, except his partner is worse than Dash Rendar.

Seems bad. Oh well!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Permission Blue Squadron, AKA "I can't do what?"

"Omega Leader" (21)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

Zertik Strom (26)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Sensor Jammer (0)
TIE/x1 (0)

Carnor Jax (26)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autothrusters (2)
Stealth Device (3)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

Academy Pilot (12)

Total: 97

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
This is beautiful :allears:

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

General Battuta posted:

I'm still learning here, but I keep seeing people saying Vessery gets two attacks... How?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

TKIY posted:

I'm still learning here, but I keep seeing people saying Vessery gets two attacks... How?

http://xwing-miniatures.wikia.com/wiki/TIE/D New upgrade.

• Locked thread