Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
Wait, I just got it: football is their preferred noun

e: public page

china bot has a new favorite as of 22:31 on Feb 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Brawnfire posted:

Yeah that'll be satisfying for everyone

Works sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yN2H3--1aw

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

One time I was on a boat in Mexico IRL and some Americans wanted to make chit chat with me and my husband because they were sitting nearby. When they found out we were Canadian they got super stoked to talk about hockey but neither of us like it at all and I'm p sure we ruined their sailing experience because of it.

Well that's my story about interacting with sports enthusiasts, hope you liked it.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
desperately trying to think up a "sportsball" for mountain climbing

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
I wanted to go scope out people being racist about Cam Newton and found whatever the gently caress this is.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

china bot posted:

desperately trying to think up a "sportsball" for mountain climbing

Suicidal boulder humpers

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

TrekBek posted:

I wanted to go scope out people being racist about Cam Newton and found whatever the gently caress this is.

:allears: What an occupation.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS
I know very little about football and have no interest in it, but I can still hold short, casual convos with strangers about it because a coworker got me to join her fantasy football league. (My team came in 5th of 6 teams, so I have apparently still not learned anything or I am very unlucky.) When hardcore talk-about-nothing-but-football people come in, because my fantasy team is made up of players from many teams, I can talk about injuries and people being put on suspension, who's playing that week, etc. and they get the impression that I am not a fan of one team, I'm a fan of The Sport, and they seem to dig that. They don't need to know the truth and we both part from the convo happy. A good chunk of my job is customer service, so it's a good thing. I will probably play in the fantasy league again next season. :downs:

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
I don't follow sports but it's cool if other people do but it's NOT cool when sports people grab the remote and make everyone in the room listen to whatever game they feel is so goddamn important at that moment, Brandon.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Sports!

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
The trick about sports if you don't care about it is to find the team that everyone gets caremad over if they lose to them and laugh at the people who's team then manage to get beaten by them.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Accept responsibility for deciding to be born black! :arghfist::saddowns:

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

china bot posted:

Wait, I just got it: football is their preferred noun

e: public page

Man yeah, I hate it when my babies come out all inhuman it's the worst. :(

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

YES! Do this. A world with no more politicians because they're always having people throw criminal charges their way, even if spurious, would be better than present.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
More from the Nazi rastafarian:

https://twitter.com/JahMMARastafari/status/696509136142348289
https://twitter.com/JahMMARastafari/status/696501114246602752
https://twitter.com/JahMMARastafari/status/696830320973221889
https://twitter.com/JahMMARastafari/status/696455026298847232

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

gently caress

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

gently caress

:psyduck:

"We enslaved you, and then eventually, after a lot of fighting, freed you and now, what? You want to stop getting shot or something? Ungrateful children, all of you"

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

The Saddest Naztafarian

Random Words
Jan 21, 2015
Not blurred because it was a public post.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
"I know more of these deaths are coming!"

Well yeah, no poo poo. Meteors fall from the sky every now and again and will probably continue to do so until the Earth explodes. Occasionally they hit people. It'd be bizarre if people stopped dying that way.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Henchman of Santa posted:

Lifelong Lions fan here, can confirm

I think I may have met you before. Football came up, I said I was a Bears fan(its pretty easy to follow them, just keep track of when they drop out) and the counter in the conversation was 'I'm a Lions fan'

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

gently caress

Thanks to white people, for killing white people. The world is a better place for it.

Kiebland
Feb 22, 2012

You shouldn't care what Beyonce has to say. Now, here are a lot of words on me caring what Beyonce has to say.

Duey
Sep 5, 2004

Hi
Nap Ghost

Half those guys were fighting to maintain the status quo. So...thank you?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

china bot posted:

Here we are at the internet make-fun forums, providing instruktion on how to be polite when discussing football
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

Thanks to white people, for killing white people. The world is a better place for it.

I guess you're a "glass half full" kind of person, always seeing the silver lining in a bad situation. :)

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Random Words posted:

Not blurred because it was a public post.

I love that someone who is so resoundingly paranoid couldn't be bothered to check her privacy settings.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Yep, them abolitionists who helped out the slaves when the going got tough never got a single thank you.Actually I found this great site called biglies.org that says they were all mugged by the newly freed slaves. Then they forced themselves upon the new Star Wars movie.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Speaking of the intensely paranoid, I am here with a gentle reminder that Canadians can also be xenophobic, racist and frothing. Also, surprisingly few Canadians actually say sorry, it's quite unfortunate. Meet my new favourite crazy people chamber, the Canadian Defence Alliance!

(Group type: Support) Am I imagining things, or is "PROUD" usually dogwhistle for "I am scared of brown people"?

Breaking news! Europe has descended into some weird iteration of Mad Max, where the laws are made up and the police don't matter! Guess we HAVE to go to war now.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

cash crab posted:

Breaking news! Europe has descended into some weird iteration of Mad Max, where the laws are made up and the police don't matter! Guess we HAVE to go to war now.

I've seen a weird reversal of this on places like Tumblr, with the anti-Israel riots in France from 2014 being used as "proof" over a year later that a new Holocaust is coming and history is repeating itself.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

chitoryu12 posted:

I've seen a weird reversal of this on places like Tumblr, with the anti-Israel riots in France from 2014 being used as "proof" over a year later that a new Holocaust is coming and history is repeating itself.

Oh, yeah. There's one post in particular that gets circled around every three months or so, usually from openly gentile sources. Honestly, I kind of side-eye any "IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN" kind of posts, mostly because I don't trust 90% of people to accurately interpret historical data, especially not a site known for circulating blatantly false information in order to look well-informed.

PS: More batshit!

e: A cute palate cleanser

cash crab has a new favorite as of 06:08 on Feb 9, 2016

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Antisemitism on the rise is a very real problem. But many of those who blame Muslims for this would be just as willing to blame the Jews for everything bad that happens. They just get a off the hook for a while since there's a new scapegoat in town.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Some more poo poo from other message boards. IMDb really deserves its own mock thread. This guy started private messaging me because I made fun of what turned out to be a tongue-in-cheek rant about Kanye West or something.

I just responded "Sane." Then I get this:

I ignore him for 8 days.

I said sorry, but I'm not interested in having a conversation with him.

I said that he came on way too strong, I have no idea who he is, and that he was trying way too hard to be interesting.

then two days later...

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
W-Was a guy from the IMDB message boards trying to start an online relationship with you?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Henchman of Santa posted:

Some more poo poo from other message boards. IMDb really deserves its own mock thread. This guy started private messaging me because I made fun of what turned out to be a tongue-in-cheek rant about Kanye West or something.

I just responded "Sane." Then I get this:

I ignore him for 8 days.

I said sorry, but I'm not interested in having a conversation with him.

I said that he came on way too strong, I have no idea who he is, and that he was trying way too hard to be interesting.

then two days later...

:stare:

I like to imagine he wrote out the signature each time.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

"I bet you are one of these signs "
*lists more than half of them *

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
I bet that dude owns a leather duster.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Dude's obviously mistaken you for his mother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
A friend made a post complaining about the double standard between how the media treats rioting sports fans and protestors. Then out of nowhere, this word salad comment:

PUGGERNAUT has a new favorite as of 15:00 on Feb 9, 2016