Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Dexie posted:

I loving love that Sergey has changed his deck to what is basically an updated version of Earthbound Immortals. :swoon:

What's even better is that he has ROCKET JETS INSIDE HIM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Holy poo poo what.

Man, every time Arc V gets on those last ten episodes of the 'year' things just go apeshit awesome. :allears:

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Dexie posted:

I loving love that Sergey has changed his deck to what is basically an updated version of Earthbound Immortals. :swoon:

This truely is the better 5D's timeline. Now all we need are some crazy psychics and we can leave this dimension on a high note.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Did

Did that just loving happen

Did Sergei just miss the goddamn timing
Holy gently caress that's hilarious

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

JamMasterJim posted:

What's even better is that he has ROCKET JETS INSIDE HIM

And proceeds to kick everyone's rear end. Something he could've done without the cardgames.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Phew, for a second there I thought the protagonists were getting competent! Good thing Yuya is retaining his status as the biggest jobber on the show.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Slur posted:

Phew, for a second there I thought the protagonists were getting competent! Good thing Yuya is retaining his status as the biggest jobber on the show.

Yuzu just kind of standing there and doing nothing is baffling

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

This thread needs to be merged back together with the TG thread. Splitting the two threads was a bad idea.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

Yuzu just kind of standing there and doing nothing is baffling

Haven't seen the episode yet but I already agree with this. It was bad enough that Selena was just laying there due to ~*~GAS~*~ while literally 16 guys played card games and Reira stood there having traumas. I get that this is a shonen but come on, Year 1 of the show had some pretty neat spotlights for the female cast.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Slur posted:

This thread needs to be merged back together with the TG thread. Splitting the two threads was a bad idea.

Seconding this.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

How did we ever reach 154 pages? :psyduck:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

How did we ever reach 154 pages? :psyduck:

This series moves at a slug's pace and is extremely easy to rail on due to its characters' lack of competence, grasp on logic and common sense. It also has moments of sheer, baffling ridiculousness like carpet bombing fantasy racist children with trading cards. Also, Konami's handling this.

Also there was trading card discussion before the TG thread split nearly killed this thread.

Slur fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Feb 9, 2016

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I mean maybe you're railing on it

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah I think it's pretty much just Slur.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

Yeah I think it's pretty much just Slur.

Nearly 100 episodes. The protagonists have accomplished literally nothing. How can you not?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Slur posted:

Nearly 100 episodes. The protagonists have accomplished literally nothing. How can you not?

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Judging from the last couple of episodes, Yuzu's job has been to see if Yuya is in trouble / dueling or not. Her role could be done with a :siren: in the corner of the screen.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Slur posted:

Do you just have everyone else in the thread on ignore or

Like I've ran through this whole show in the last three weeks and the idea that the only reason people are posting in this thread to complain seems to exist entirely in your thread. Yeah there are some real bad parts but even at it's worst it's probably the best YGO show. Not everyone is hate watching it to complain about it week after week.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Feb 9, 2016

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

It's a children's cartoon that runs year-round without any breaks and is meant entirely to sell trading cards to small kids.

Expecting some kind of deep character development and complex, constantly moving plots is, quite frankly, silly. Be glad that the show is still as good as it is and be glad that it hasn't turned into the second half of 5Ds yet (oh, the irony).

The show has had its bad moments but overall it's been solid and it's a drat miracle that it hasn't completely broken down yet. Temper your expectations and enjoy it for what it is.

(And if you want to see what a bad card game show is REALLY like, go watch Vanguard G.)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dexie posted:

It's a children's cartoon that runs year-round without any breaks and is meant entirely to sell trading cards to small kids.

Expecting some kind of deep character development and complex, constantly moving plots is, quite frankly, silly. Be glad that the show is still as good as it is and be glad that it hasn't turned into the second half of 5Ds yet (oh, the irony).

The show has had its bad moments but overall it's been solid and it's a drat miracle that it hasn't completely broken down yet. Temper your expectations and enjoy it for what it is.

(And if you want to see what a bad card game show is REALLY like, go watch Vanguard G.)

or go in the card game thread and watch that dude write an entire essay on every episode

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Please don't watch Vanguard G. Or at least, not the first part, it does get better later on but the beginning is truly the single worst card game anime I've watched. It makes Zexal look like a work of art.

Also don't watch Zexal. Watch Arc-V. It's flawed but good.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Year 2 of Arc V is flawed in some details and ultimately the pacing where this would've worked better with 26 episodes or 38, but it is still Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc Better 5D's by quite a wide margin.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I blame the movie. The animation in the trailer looked sweet though, so maybe it'll be worth it!

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
So apparently, Kaito comes back in the XYZ dimension.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

JamMasterJim posted:

So apparently, Kaito comes back in the XYZ dimension.

After Crow and JACKATLAS, who's shocked?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the other returning character for the XYZ arc is Asuka from GX

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Anyone know why the sub has been so delayed this week?

Blockhouse posted:

the other returning character for the XYZ arc is Asuka from GX

:psyboom:

Is she allowed to be a character this time?

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Xoidanor posted:

Anyone know why the sub has been so delayed this week?

QC-kun is dead or missing

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Xoidanor posted:

Is she allowed to be a character this time?

Based on this evidence (considering the recent episodes), no.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Feb 11, 2016

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Wait, where is all of this information coming from? It sounds believable to an extent but I want sources before I get hyped for [spoilers]more card games in space,[/spoiler]

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Kaito, I guessed. So that's really cool that he's coming back.

Asuka is loving :psyboom:. But considering Arc-V fixed CROW of all characters, I'm really loving excited for this now.

Also, Slur is crazy and Arc-V is great. Yuya is probably the best protagonist since Yugi. I love that a children's card game show has the balls to make all of its characters, including the protagonist, get the crap kicked out of them on a constant basis. Stories where the protags are always getting kicked around are awesome because it makes that moment of success SO MUCH MORE GRATIFYING, because it feels earned. Contrast that to somebody who never goddamn loses like Yuma or Juudai, so there's no tension or stakes in anything they do.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Yusei lost to someone?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yusei lost to Jack in a flashback and SORTA lost to Kiryu, I wasn't counting him because he still managed to be a really good protagonist anyway, at least through the Dark Signer arc.

Also, he starts off as an adult and not a stupid kid, so it's kinda okay that he's already really good at everything?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Xoidanor posted:

Yusei lost to someone?

He lost to the guy who used the Gatling Ogre OTK.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He lost to Jean due to a brilliant team strategy that milled his deck and showed him that he cannot do everything by himself.

:smith:

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

He lost to Jean due to a brilliant team strategy that milled his deck and showed him that he cannot do everything by himself.

:smith:

Jean is such a smart and practical fellow for ending his turn at that critical juncture

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

VJeff posted:

Kaito, I guessed. So that's really cool that he's coming back.

Asuka is loving :psyboom:. But considering Arc-V fixed CROW of all characters, I'm really loving excited for this now.

Also, Slur is crazy and Arc-V is great. Yuya is probably the best protagonist since Yugi. I love that a children's card game show has the balls to make all of its characters, including the protagonist, get the crap kicked out of them on a constant basis. Stories where the protags are always getting kicked around are awesome because it makes that moment of success SO MUCH MORE GRATIFYING, because it feels earned. Contrast that to somebody who never goddamn loses like Yuma or Juudai, so there's no tension or stakes in anything they do.

Never said Arc-V was the worst anime off of the planet. But holy hell is it easy to make fun of. Also, there's a difference between "getting your poo poo kicked in" and "getting your poo poo kicked in because it's entirely your fault for being incompetent as can be".

Kaito and Asuka coming back are kind of neat, though I would have preferred Vector and "The Chazz"

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Vector would be the best but honestly if we can't get him then Kaito's definitely the best choice from Zexal. Plus, I can't imagine Vector would be part of the Resistance, he'd probably just side with Academia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Blaze Dragon posted:

Vector would be the best but honestly if we can't get him then Kaito's definitely the best choice from Zexal. Plus, I can't imagine Vector would be part of the Resistance, he'd probably just side with Academia.

He's already there giving classes in advanced crazy eyes.