Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"
I wanted to play along, but I don't have a PS3, so I dusted off my PSP and dug up my copy for that. Now I remember why I didn't play it very long: the PSP game controls are like a 10 lb bag of smashed assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Wa11y posted:

I wanted to play along, but I don't have a PS3, so I dusted off my PSP and dug up my copy for that. Now I remember why I didn't play it very long: the PSP game controls are like a 10 lb bag of smashed assholes.

The PSP version is also locked to 20 or 30 fps, which makes precision aiming a bit harder, too.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
PSP Peace Walker runs at 20 FPS.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

PSP Peace Walker runs at 20 FPS.

The PSP was a difficult time :( I still have my old PSP1001 and it still works. Aside from Peace Walker that time I decided to menu up overnight, I can't remember the last time I played a PSP game on it :v: Old thing doesn't even have USB charging

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Danaru posted:

The PSP was a difficult time :( I still have my old PSP1001 and it still works. Aside from Peace Walker that time I decided to menu up overnight, I can't remember the last time I played a PSP game on it :v: Old thing doesn't even have USB charging

[Recruit]ing was also lots of fun. It worked off of the number of Wifi networks in the area, so if you went to a mall (or in my poor-man's case, a Wal-Mart) and just walked around doing [Recruit]s, you could accrue a lot of soldiers in a very short time.

And then feel great shame because you left the house just to get friends for your ocean clubhouse for men :smith:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

People have gone outside for dumber reasons: https://www.ingress.com/

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

SSNeoman posted:

People have gone outside for dumber reasons: https://www.ingress.com/

I probably shouldn't mention I'm level 6 in Ingress :saddowns:

Let's Play MGS Peace Walker Episode 14 - Elbakki

We fight an onslaught of idiots who love to group up for machinegun fire and rockets, and then Cocoon comes out to play! I also drift way closer to Naked Dan than I intended to that night.

Also I don't care about the truth, Elbakki being a red panda alien is my headcanon. It's threadcanon too. :colbert:

Huey talks about some poo poo too. It's... actually some pretty interesting stuff to be honest. I still don't like him though.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah that was a pro Cocoon fight. Most people never try to destroy the vents below Cocoon so they have a tough time with him (first I've heard of it myself, actually :v:)

The worst part is that you guys barely scratched the armor parts, and it still didn't give them to you.

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012

Danaru posted:

Also I don't care about the truth, Elbakki being a red panda alien is my headcanon. It's threadcanon too. :colbert:

You've got your own Sonic OCDNS, huh? That seems to be a thing with guys who do Metal Gear LPs.

Jeedy Jay fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Feb 9, 2016

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
Since they were brought up recently-ish I've been rewatching Jungle Strike and The Final Option and boy were those videos far less "lovingly nauseating" than the MGS series has been. I think this scientifically proves love can bloom on the battlefield. :p

Regarding Fable, whatever happened to Fable 3? I'm still so curious how much further it will go into the "this is a videogame" territory. Also I'd never heard of red pandas until this thread but they're quickly climbing my list of animals I'm okay with. Thanks Elbakki!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Yeah back then I wasn't super comfortable talking about our relationship in great detail because WOW a lot of people on the internet have opinions on bisexual people and they are not super nice about it. Then alcohol and people who aren't jerks happened, so :v:

Fable 3 is one of the couple LP's I disliked enough to just straight up take down. Tech-wise they were just a mess since I was just streaming and posting the streams and ughhh. Honestly there's a couple others I've been considering pulling down due to old shame. :(

Also yes, red pandas are perfect.

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender
Would you be willing to just make them unlisted? I really liked the Skyrim videos you guys did for the 2007 thread, and was pretty disappointed when they were no longer available. They were the first videos of yours I saw and now they're gone forever. :(

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Catching up on stuff, why the both of you rambling on is so soothing when I'm brain dead tired I have no idea, but it is. "CONSECUTIVE CQC :byodood:" = relaxed viewing experience, because ????

I have a love hate relationship with the bandanna dudes. Because while they are PRO COMMANDOS when they actually catch you off guard, they are happy to sit still forever and let you spot, sneak, and kick the rear end of their fellow bandanna mans.

Also, the whole novelty of enemies trying to pull the sneaking mission poo poo on you, instead of "Haha, this guy has body armor and a machinegun!".

No sneaky bastard enemies in MGSV, unless you count pre placed snipers by virtue of them being able to see you before you see them, 100 meters out while you're crouch walking.

Edit: "Supporting fire?" :allears:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Feb 9, 2016

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Danaru posted:

Yeah back then I wasn't super comfortable talking about our relationship in great detail because WOW a lot of people on the internet have opinions on bisexual people and they are not super nice about it.

High five on that one bi buddy. Ugh, I hate the world so much sometimes.

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

I'm untouchable thanks to these pills.
One of my favorite aspects of playing a co-op game is surprise chaos coming from your partner off screen and I had a good chuckle every time I saw a rocket whizz by inches from disaster.

It's also nice to see Dan busting Chris's chops for once. You two are quite the pair.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

samu3lk posted:

It's also nice to see Dan busting Chris's chops for once. You two are quite the pair.

Their personality and banter is the entire reason I watch. They could do a full Desert Bus playthrough and I would enjoy it.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Neurion posted:

Their personality and banter is the entire reason I watch. They could do a full Desert Bus playthrough and I would enjoy it.

Comments like this make my week, seriously :3:

Also since I'm quite drunk right now holy poo poo I found all these videos of Grace and I back in 2013 when we were still awkward and unsure of this whole microphone thing but still in love enough for me to play loving Mass Effect which I hate, although we also found the codes to spawn the MAKO whenever and make it's thrusters super powerful! You should watch these while you can, Sober Dan has a very different opinion of these videos than Liquid Dan does, and these might disappear when I sober up and notice this post.

My personal recommendation, open up "Krogans on Ice" and skip to 1 minute 50 seconds in to see my favourite glitch ever. Fun fact: We almost did a Mass Effect glitch run instead of an every-metal-gear-ever thread, but I felt like we were copying the Freelance Astronauts too much.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Danaru posted:

Also since I'm quite drunk right now holy poo poo I found all these videos of Grace and I back in 2013 when we were still awkward and unsure of this whole microphone thing but still in love enough for me to play loving Mass Effect which I hate, although we also found the codes to spawn the MAKO whenever and make it's thrusters super powerful! You should watch these while you can, Sober Dan has a very different opinion of these videos than Liquid Dan does, and these might disappear when I sober up and notice this post.

My personal recommendation, open up "Krogans on Ice" and skip to 1 minute 50 seconds in to see my favourite glitch ever. Fun fact: We almost did a Mass Effect glitch run instead of an every-metal-gear-ever thread, but I felt like we were copying the Freelance Astronauts too much.

The playlist is set to private.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Broken Box posted:

The playlist is set to private.

Are you sure? It should be set to public, and I tried opening it while signed out of youtube and it worked :saddowns:

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Danaru posted:

My only disappointment with this is there isn't more :allears:

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

C'MON SOMETHING AWFUL LETS GET SICK'NIIIIIING

Danaru posted:

My personal recommendation, open up "Krogans on Ice" and skip to 1 minute 50 seconds in to see my favourite glitch ever.

Please do this before Sober Dan comes in and ruins all the fun. It's seriously one of the funniest things ever and the fact that we got it on film is one of the greatest achievements of our lives

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGS Peace Walker Episode 15 - Prison Break

We break into a building, then we have to escape. Grace is EXTREMELY GOOD at escaping from prisons and rescuing boyfriends. Also WOW Coldman is a dickhole.

Cecile talks about birds and stuff, I like Cecile.

Also: crows are horrible creatures and I hate every single one of them

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Guess it's time to start firing old mans, huh? :smith:

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012

Danaru posted:

I'm honestly more impressed by the game no-selling your attempt to sequence-break via console commands and murder.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

On this I'm afraid we disagree :colbert: This is the worst LP I hate it so much

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Crows hold a grudge. Like, a loving communal, passed down to their ancestors grudge. They will loving describe what you look like to eachother, somehow, and tell eachother "gently caress THAT guy". Yes scientists tested this by loving with them wearing masks.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I always have trouble telling the difference between crows and ravens, and have shame because the latter is my spirit animal for many reasons. The heads here kinda look more raveny, but the description says crow. :iiam:

One thing I do know however, is that all corvids are jerks, and the tail pull/butt peck is a classic maneuver. They do it to everyone, not just pandas. I've seen the fuckers brave enough to play that game on BALD EAGLES..

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

C'MON SOMETHING AWFUL LETS GET SICK'NIIIIIING

Neurion posted:

On this I'm afraid we disagree :colbert: This is the worst LP I hate it so much

Elbakki disapproves

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Crows are great, they are the best birds ever. And I'm not just saying that because I've been regularly terrorized by a murder of crows that lives in my neighborhood.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
The Torture episode is a bit strange when it comes to multiplayer. It's supposed to torture one player at a time. If the second player still hasn't escaped the cell, they'll get tortured and the first player has the chance to escape. It's supposed to symbolize Strangelove torturing both Snake and his generic MSF companion but of course that can't be done at the same time because that's how how the cutscene works! :kojima:

I think there is actually a way to rescue your co-op buddy from torture, but I've never done this multiplayer, and god you can't pay me enough to do the button mashing segment again. I hurt my fingers for a few days after this mission. If my roommate hadn't swapped out with me for the button mashing, I don't think I would have ever beaten Peace Walker.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Spent some time catching up to the thread. Just FYI, Dan and Grace, if you want to do the item thing faster, you can set items and weapons to run in either a 2-item or 3-item cycle in the options menu by just tapping the corresponding button. It will cycle between the top 2/3 items on your list, but will also change what's swapped between if you change what's currently equipped. Either way, being able to swap between lethal gun and non-lethal gun instantly should help a lot. MGS4 has the same option available, by the way.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Unknown Quantity posted:

MGS4 has the same option available, by the way.

and V.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

White Coke posted:

Crows are great, they are the best birds ever. And I'm not just saying that because I've been regularly terrorized by a murder of crows that lives in my neighborhood.

Crows are the loving best.
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-31604026

Fun corvid facts: Everyone knows a group of crows is a murder, but a group of ravens is an "unkindness," magpies are a "tiding" and rooks are a "parliament."

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

And 3DS.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Unknown Quantity posted:

Spent some time catching up to the thread. Just FYI, Dan and Grace, if you want to do the item thing faster, you can set items and weapons to run in either a 2-item or 3-item cycle in the options menu by just tapping the corresponding button. It will cycle between the top 2/3 items on your list, but will also change what's swapped between if you change what's currently equipped. Either way, being able to swap between lethal gun and non-lethal gun instantly should help a lot. MGS4 has the same option available, by the way.

We've been doing this since the fight with Crysalis :v: I also want to say it was an option in MGS2, but since you needed empty hands to hand to hand anyone, it was useless.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

Danaru posted:

We've been doing this since the fight with Crysalis :v: I also want to say it was an option in MGS2, but since you needed empty hands to hand to hand anyone, it was useless.

He says while constantly manually swapping between food and fulton (and mk22 and lethal gun). :colbert:

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Yeah once there was an injured crow in my neighborhood that couldn't fly so all the other crows stood watch around it and attacked anyone who came near it. I tried to get it to a vet to see if it had some sort of disease (this was during a bird flu scare) but after the fifth crow dive bombed me I thought better of it. They were incredibly well organized though, they worked in shifts, flew patrols, and set up look outs on trees and bushes.

Skwirl posted:

Fun corvid facts: Everyone knows a group of crows is a murder, but a group of ravens is an "unkindness," magpies are a "tiding" and rooks are a "parliament."

And a group of corvids is a congress, which seems like the worst insult of all to my American ears.

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
"Tuna noooo :gonk:"
Missed cliffhanger opportunity. Cut it there, start the next episode with "oh he went to health chamber sickbay not to death".

Gotta say that whomever asked for tape videos deserve some props. Good things have to from them such as making GBS threads on Huey, to Cosima along with all that came with it. Great job tranq-killing that dude climbing the ladder by the way! Trash talking the shotgun guys only to immediately get shot in the back by one? ...Not so great. Also "What the hell was that sound?" Dan you're becoming one of the Johnnys.

And I'm still early in Chrono Cross and enjoying it despite not knowing what the gently caress is going on in regards to just about anything, and this is after reading the instruction book. Invisible exp/level system? Sure why not!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Yeah, if I had to give Chrono Cross one big criticism, it's that it does dick-all to make sure you know what's going on both in the plot and the mechanics. Like, it's really the absolute peak for the PS1, but it's also a game that rewards multiple playthroughs just by virtue of by the second time around you have a vague idea of what you're doing finally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGS Peace Walker Episode 16 - Peace Runner

Kojima manages to one up himself by featuring a bipedal robot with both a brain-dick and a weapon-dick. Thank you, Mr. Kojima.

Also Peace Walker is pretty loving rad, actually.Too bad Coldman's such an rear end in a top hat