Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Tyma posted:

WHERES HIS ARM, HE DOESN'T HAVE AN ARM. PRIESTLAND IS poo poo, JUST BECAUSE HE CAN KICK HE SHOULDNT BE IN THE SQUAD. loving BOMBAY, ALL HES GOOD AT IS KICKING IT UP HIS BOYFRIENDS ARSE.

We should buy this dude an account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That is a pretty inventive insult.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Both sides look hosed to be fair. Cracking half of rugby.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
I DONT CARE IF WALES WIN AS LONG AS ENGLAND DON'T, AM I RIGHT. THEY WOULDN'T HAVE WON YESTERDAY BUT I WAS AT A WEDDING RECEPTION TO TURN IT OFF. IF ID WATCHED IT AND TURNED IT OFF THEY NEVER WOULD HAVE WON.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
I'm convinced there is no guy in a pub next to tyma. He's sitting there on his own having a breakdown while the voices in his head take over his posting for the day.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They're strapping cryogenics to his ankle, Dan Biggar will only be available to play again when medical technology has advanced.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
THEY OUGHTA SHOOT HIM. TAKE HIM OFF THE SIDE OF THE PITCH AND SHOOT HIM. I WOULD.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I HAD THE CLAP AND AINT NOBODY CAUGHT IT OFF ME.

(His name is Ivor, apparently)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
For that missed interception, shooting might be deserved.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They've hurt the fat baby.

Those complete bastards.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
People barely seen this game: George North

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
Both sides determined to avoid losing, but not so clear on how to win.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Wtf happened there

Has McGrath never heard of protecting the ball? I know he's on his last legs but still

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think he was lost. Half the guys on the field were starting to look like there was a lacking of oxygen reaching the brain.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Surely Priestland can't win it for them. Surely.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nah, they'll gently caress it up like this.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
super kick

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hilarious. Top loving up all round.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
So this was supposed to be the two best teams in the 6 Nations?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Foxtrot_13 posted:

So this was supposed to be the two best teams in the 6 Nations?

This has been a weekend of true NH rugby

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...
Sexton had another head knock today. I hope he retires before his brain ends up like Swiss cheese.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

tarbrush posted:

This has been a weekend of true NH rugby

Yeah. No real skills on display here. Interesting results I suppose. Too bad parisse missed his kick.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Well, Wales managed not to lose and now they can run home for a much easier game v Scotland.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Does a draw pretty much count as a loss in such a short tournament? I don't think either team will be pleased to have left a potential win on the table...if they fancy winning the title

Sneaks McDevious fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Feb 7, 2016

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Sexton is going to be rugby's own Chris Benoit and it's an absolute loving joke that he's still being allowed play

Ireland still don't score enough in the second half

There's the makings of a far better team in Jackson and McCloskey sitting on the bench in Ravenhill and they'll probably stay there for the entire competition since the totally valid return to play protocols will have Sexton back playing before he can even remember who he plays for

Jamie Roberts is so loving good

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

Swan Curry posted:

Sexton is going to be rugby's own Chris Benoit and it's an absolute loving joke that he's still being allowed play

Ireland still don't score enough in the second half

There's the makings of a far better team in Jackson and McCloskey sitting on the bench in Ravenhill and they'll probably stay there for the entire competition since the totally valid return to play protocols will have Sexton back playing before he can even remember who he plays for

Jamie Roberts is so loving good

Agreed on all counts. Sexton might need another long break if he shows any symptoms hopefully he does what's right for his health.

Poor game all round I thought, as for the result hopefully it means we have a final weekend like last year.

zzttaozia
Aug 26, 2009

suck it down

julian assflange posted:

Does a draw pretty much count as a loss in such a short tournament? I don't think either team will be pleased to have left a potential win on the table...if they fancy winning the title

Yeah this year in particular they wouldn't have wanted a draw. But who cares, everyone sucks and its been a bad weekend all round so it's still up for grabs

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Poor game all round I thought, as for the result hopefully it means we have a final weekend like last year.

Honestly I enjoyed it, for some reason I really enjoy atritional rugby.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The first half was entertaining but the second was a grind

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

A draw isn't the best result, but it's better than a loss. Pressure's on now to get a good result in Paris on Saturday.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
the US held Argentina's B squad to a draw last night :toot:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Tyma posted:

I HAD THE CLAP AND AINT NOBODY CAUGHT IT OFF ME.

New thread title.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Rugby special had great analysis of how every time Scotland had a scoring opportunity there were two loving big forwards standing in front of Finn Russell. Which means either they planned that for some reason or Russell is just not organizing the line (not helped by glacially slow service from Laidlaw). I think Russell did play like poo poo and Scotland's halfbacks just hosed them in general, but it might be a coaching issue too.

England showed more creativity and awareness than I've seen for a while, even if the execution was bollocks outside of Nowell's nice try. It's going to take time to teach our guys to play with their heads up and look for space but it seems we're going in the right direction after many years of mostly lovely rugby.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Also Priestland played pretty ok in the circs

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I've long since stopped giving a gently caress to be honest. We're going to get the wooden spoon again, for the same rhyme and reasons we get it every year - poor leadership, poor composure, poor decision making.

I've said this for many years now though so you know what, gently caress it. Go gently caress yourself Scotland. I'm done.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
The only upside for Scotland at the moment is that they probably can't put in a worse performance than Saturday though saying that, they may just take it as a challenge to do just that.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Vaders Jester posted:

The only upside for Scotland at the moment is that they probably can't put in a worse performance than Saturday though saying that, they may just take it as a challenge to do just that.

Ireland pissed an easy win up a wall, what?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Paul O'Connell was forced to retire today :smith:

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...

Vaders Jester posted:

There's been plenty worse performances from Scotland.

http://www.rugbyworld.com/countries/scotland/six-nations-analysis-three-key-areas-from-england-15-9-scotland-53954

Interesting article on England's tactics from the guy who did analysis on Scotland for Eddie Jones. That video of all the poorly fielded high kicks is depressing viewing.

Painkiller fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Feb 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Painkiller posted:

There's been plenty worse performances from Scotland.

I'm not sure really. I mean we've played worse than that for sure. But in terms of the experience in the Scotland side and total lack of play making made it a true dirge of a match. We were poor under the high ball which you could put down to first match jitters, fair enough. But when we were going though the phases is never looked like something was going to happen. Compare that to Italy against France, Campagnaro and Garcia always looked dangerous and you could see that even if it didn't work they were looking for an edge. We had 51% of the possession in that match but I'm not sure anyone watching it would have picked it that high, it's criminal to come away from a match with that much possession and so few points. We were so slow and ponderous on the attack that I'm sure England have harder training ground routines they work through every week.