Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Blind Sally posted:

that bridge kick was sick as gently caress

Bridge kicks are life. I wish they would bring in the ability to sacrifice a weapon by jamming it in the spokes of the enemy's wheels like in Road Rash 64.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think I played most of the Road Rash games, and I can tell you I never had a bad time with any of em.

God drat those games were fun, and this one doesn't look too shabby either.

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

I apologize for calling The Force Unleashed The Force Awakens non stop. I didn't even realize I was doing it in the moment.

I do not apologize for spoiling The Force Awakens within the first five minutes of the video, because everyone on the planet has seen it by now given how much loving money it's made at the box office :colbert:

Also, if I were thinking, I would have updated the Employee of the Month plaque with Palpy's real first name:

Because that's a thing now. His name is Sheev. Sheeeeeeeeeeeev. As if I didn't already have enough reasons to laugh at things related to Emperor Palpatine.

It would be more hilarious if he was Steve Palpatine.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
oh god. what if "Sheev" IS the Star Wars equivalent of "Steve"? like Naboo is just some backwater planet where names get horribly garbled, such as "Padme" for "Pamela".

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Blind Sally posted:

oh god. what if "Sheev" IS the Star Wars equivalent of "Steve"? like Naboo is just some backwater planet where names get horribly garbled, such as "Padme" for "Pamela".

Quarsh. Quarsh (Panaka) is the Star Wars equivalent of Steve.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Blind Sally posted:

" This is Sheev from Imperial Tech Support, how may I help you today?"

"Yeah, 'Steve' my rear end I want to talk to someone who speaks Americ-ack arghhhh."

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself
At least one article seemed to think it's a reference to Shiva (much like Padme = Padma, also Hindu), but... yeah. Wouldn't be surprised if someone at Del Rey ran his name through the "Star Wars-izer" and that's what it spat out.

Part 3 of the Castlevania stream begins! Aside from the fun of trying out new weapons, this one really shows how good the pacing of SotN is: just as I'm starting to get bored with the Metroidvania parts, it's about time to "beat the game." Also included as promised, the Heaven Swords farming run.
Up All Night to Get Lucky, Let's Stream Symphony of the Night 10

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

If you can't tell, that's a man about to bash in another man's head with a hammer. I loving love Ronald Justice, he's basically the easy button for the game when it isn't loving me over in some way shape or form. He runs fast, has a near infinite "slide" and can one hit almost all enemies with his special attack. Add to that the ability to knock doors off their hinges with a slide (which works, I swear), and you have the makings of a great Not a Hero character. If he had a shotgun he would be perfect.

We get new enemies through this video, which now makes it important to keep track of where you are standing and the mechanics of the enemies will probably gently caress up any muscle memory you have that tells you to stop sliding once you hit the enemy so you can do an execution. You are now better off just sliding on through.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
The Lost Vikings 2 continues, but with feeling! You'll pardon the first video if you saw it. Jitters from basically doing my first video LP of anything.

Anyways, content. Today we leave the first world behind in order to go to the Dark Ages, a land of knights and dragons. Heavy emphasis on the latter.

Part 2

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

Double update again today since this has been another busy week. This is the midpoint of the 3rd stream, pretty much wrapping up the normal Castle.

I guess the localization team couldn't figure out "Alraune"? Regardless, lady monsters are ominpresent in folklore and it's always been funny to me.
Up All Night to Get Lucky, Let's Stream Symphony of the Night 11

The description in this video pretty much says it all, isn't Legion/"Granfaloon" one of the coolest boss fights in this series? ...and isn't Axelord Armor one of the most disappointing things? :smith:
'' '' 12

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hey everyone. I've been wanting to get into video LPs, and I was having trouble deciding on what to play. I eventually arrived at the conclusion that I should play the most wizard of games, so I rustled up a few goons from the subforum and we played some Magicka.

Let's Play Magicka, Part 1

...would have been a pretty logical title for the resulting video if the recording session hadn't been plagued by technical issues, forcing us to instead play some board game about off-brand Touhous. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgvi1Q1oQrc

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 15, 2016

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
To make up for the lack of Magicka, The Lost Vikings 2 also has a great example of why wizards are terrible people.

Part 3

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

Another busy weekend, argh. Whether you all had a good one or not, hope some more Castlevania will make you feel better, or at least feel better about your skills. :sweatdrop:

We finally wrap up stream 3 and the regular Castle. Dark damage is pretty hilarious overkill against poor Richter.
Up All Night to Get Lucky, Let's Stream Symphony of the Night 13

And now for the start of the Inverse Castle. Presumably urging me on toward the chance of getting the Crissaegrim and whatnot, the chat leads me to the Inverted Chapel, but that doesn't go so well!
'' '' 14

If you're wanting to see more rare weapons, well, you can of course watch this thread :v: , but I'll be streaming here in about 2 hours, and I farmed all the weapons available in the Inverted Coliseum/Olrox parts and will be taking requests to show stuff off.

And finally, Ben's been leaning on me to not forget his work, so if you want to see a full playthrough of Hatoful Boyfriend, the whole playlist is now up. If you're bird-curious, well, we won't judge.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

I threw up a quick post on SSLP test about a multiplayer game of Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa I'm playing with fellow goon uPen. It's a hex based historical strategy game, but it has a lot of character. Here's the link.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Wayne posted:

Another busy weekend, argh. Whether you all had a good one or not, hope some more Castlevania will make you feel better, or at least feel better about your skills. :sweatdrop:

We finally wrap up stream 3 and the regular Castle. Dark damage is pretty hilarious overkill against poor Richter.

Dawn of Sorrow had the 'equip usually useless item at the right moment to unlock the true ending' thing, but did it worse. 'Enter the room without the item equipped? Welp, get a bad end'. It wasn't that bad since you probably saved a bit beforehand, but it's not as interesting as here, where an actual boss fight is affected.

Although now that I think about it, IIRC you got the key item in DoS automatically rather than needing to find it somewhere. If I remembered that right then that's kind of worse in a Metroidvania.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Although now that I think about it, IIRC you got the key item in DoS automatically rather than needing to find it somewhere. If I remembered that right then that's kind of worse in a Metroidvania.

SotN makes it very clear that something screwy is going on -- why is a Belmont, normally a heroic character, in charge of Dracula's Castle? You're meant to get the bad ending, go "wait, that's not right", and then spend the time to flesh out your map, which will naturally lead you to the extra scenes and the item you need to bypass the Belmont fight.

I'd say the main thing that Dawn of Sorrow does worse than SotN (in this respect anyway, since DoS is a pretty bad game in many other ways) is just not making the item you equip be mechanically relevant to why you get the bad ending. It just takes you down a different cutscene, whereas in SotN you actually do something different during the fight.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Aria does that too, although that at least somewhat clues you in. Dawn of Sorrow is just stupid.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Also in Aria you don't just get the key "items" automatically, although needing to rely on the RNG for them is another kind of bad.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

anilEhilated posted:

Aria does that too, although that at least somewhat clues you in. Dawn of Sorrow is just stupid.

Actually Dawn has two divergence points, and the More interesting one comes first.

Trizophenie
Mar 2, 2011

Jar Jar Binks improved my story.
Have more Force Unleashed 2, still with Simply Simon, kalonZombie and nine-gear crow.
This time I'm still bad at the game.

:siren:Contains new spoilers for Force Awakens:siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6r2nv32PY
Youtube

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
I posted some videos of this game over in the Bad Games thread last night, so go there if you want to know more about how awful this game is and see the version where I edited out the boring and technically difficult parts of the session to make something more interesting to watch. This is the single-video unedited version of Pandora: Purge of Pride with myself, Warmal, and Warmal's fiancée. It's a bad, low-effort game that doesn't deserve more effort than I'm giving this post.

Polsy Youtube

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh_vCeesJUQ

Today it all ends.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
See how easy it was to do things when you learned that one thing right at the very end of the game, right after you already got through every single other thing that could have gotten in your way?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

The trick to that last boss is the same as with the earlier bosses: You have to pretend the floor is lava. Never touch the floor, try to always stay in the air as long as possible. Also kill the bosses before they can drown you in bullshit.

The rest is just rote memorization and the patience of a very dumb saint (translation: a child). So I guess I have to disappoint you, a lot of children did the same thing I did and beat this stupid game, you're just one of many victims.

The good news is however: Those children were disappointed too.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Facefirst, indeed.

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Honestly, it would have been out of character if bubsy didn't get one last smug "gently caress you" at the player. Undoubtedly a masterpiece.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Please remember the Busby games came with comics in their instruction booklets:

http://gamesdbase.com/Media/SYSTEM/Sega_Genesis/manual/Formated/Bubsy_in-_Claws_Encounters_of_the_Furred_Kind_-_1993_-_Accolade.pdf

http://thevideogameartarchive.tumblr.com/post/111666649065/much-like-the-original-bubsy-theres-a-quite
http://thevideogameartarchive.tumblr.com/post/111695248927/here-we-have-the-rest-of-the-bubsy-ii-comic-book

Plot is important!

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
CJacobs, after you have beaten (I have faith in you) Bubsy 2, will you move to Bubsy 3D?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I thought about it, but Bubsy 3D is kinda bad in the bad way and not the funny way. I might still do a one-off thing for it. There may very well be 3D Bubsy in the future!

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

If you want to keep your sanity but still LP a game with Lani Minella's voice acting, you could put on Dawn of War 2: Retribution and play as the Tyranids. :v:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Also, that wasn't the King, it was the Siamese twin Queen Poly and Ester.

Since you didn't provide a suitable amount of pain for the "it was a movie" ending you need to suffer by knowing that fact.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Took me five minutes of MSPaint, but you have your fanart. Good job, CJacobs.:thumbsup:

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

NGDBSS posted:

If you want to keep your sanity but still LP a game with Lani Minella's voice acting, you could put on Dawn of War 2: Retribution and play as the Tyranids. :v:

loving hell, I just looked at how many games she's been a VA in...

I wonder if she sees Bubsy as the lowpoint in her career.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Shinjobi posted:

Took me five minutes of MSPaint, but you have your fanart. Good job, CJacobs.:thumbsup:

Thank you. It was a lot of fun. Horrible, horrible fun. :allears:

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
I tried to do a fanart and somehow ended up with this:

It's the thought that counts, right?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
it's the fan art bubsy deserves

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
it belongs in a museum

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

drat, they really expected a lot from Bubsy, didn't they? Comics, a cartoon pilot, I wonder if there is a warehouse full of Bubsy merchandise.

FeyerbrandX posted:

Also, that wasn't the King, it was the Siamese twin Queen Poly and Ester.

God Bubsy is loving awful

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Leal posted:

drat, they really expected a lot from Bubsy, didn't they? Comics, a cartoon pilot, I wonder if there is a warehouse full of Bubsy merchandise.

There's also new Bubsy merchandise you can get straight from his new publisher over on Amazon. I'd link it, but 1) I can't remember their name and 2) I don't want to encourage sales of Bubsy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The official Bubsy Tee is by Retroism, the people who made the port that we played for the videos!

20 us dollars. 20 us dollars for a shirt that has a ! on it.