Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Harlock posted:

Another Ubisoft sale :effort:

Please buy Watch Dogs, please!!

Also Deadpool PS4 at 40ish% off, and NBA2K16 for 33-50% off depending on the edition you get. Note I think the percentages might be different between Canada and the U.S. (I posted the Canada numbers).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
The Drop is only listing Assassin's Creed Chronicles collection for PS4. Wasn't that supposed to be coming out for Vita as well, or did I dream that?

e: Oh, that's not until April. Well, whatever. I'll just buy it for PS4 then.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Nicky Adrian is never coming back.

In other news, Breath of Fire III is up! :toot: Time to dust off that PSTV.

Hantama
Dec 6, 2008
Is the Persona 4 Arena Version on the Japanese PS Plus Region Locked?
My PS Plus is inactive and I'm trying to decide if I should resubscribe now or when the next game I want to play is on. I have an EU PS3, will I be able to play that game?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Ultimax is PS+ in the EU as well as the US, so I don't know why you'd want to grab it on a Japanese account, but P4 Arena was the region-locked one, Ultimax can be played cross-region.

Hantama
Dec 6, 2008
Oh, this is a different game? Guess I'll resubscribe then.
I want to play it in Japanese and I think the EU version doesn't have japanese text. I may be wrong though.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Yeah, the EU version doesn't have Japanese text, only Japanese character voices as an option.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is a direct sequel to Persona 4 Arena in terms of the story mode, and it's got several new characters and a bunch of balance changes. It's good.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

MisterAlex posted:

I watched that show with some friends a few months back. It was pretty funny, and I'd be down for a PS4 theme of it, but this implementation is pathetic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcruYjyay_s

I don't think I've ever seen a good static PS4 theme.

Also, in Japan, there were official GuP voice packs that you could put into the PC version of WoT. They were pretty good.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Firewatch is cheaper than u was expecting. That made that decision real easy. Now I just have to finish The Witness and I'll move right on to that.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Hantama posted:

Oh, this is a different game? Guess I'll resubscribe then.
I want to play it in Japanese and I think the EU version doesn't have japanese text. I may be wrong though.

You can get the story of P4 Arena to play through as DLC for Ultimax, which I thought was pretty neat.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Sorry, Awesome... not lookin' too good so far. =\

Cartoon Man posted:

By ballot day, you mean "everybody's gonna vote Broforce" day? :negative:
:negative:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
3 bad games

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm glad Broforce is winning because that's the one I actually want to play but am too cheap to buy.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
After watching the trailers for all three, I would rather it be Cactus. Action Henk looks like it'd be fun for about ten minutes, and Broforce looks like a meathead's wetdream.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Broforce is really drat good, and one of the better "early access" type games I've ever bought. I already have it on PC though..

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I'm happy with a free Broforce as it looks hella fun to play, but I'm also certain I'd probably tire of it after a single gaming session. Want to play it, not sure how much money it'd be worth, so yeah I'll take it free and call it good.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
I've played bro force with a friend on PC. It is alot of fun, but its hard to tell whats going on at times, with the screen full of gibs and explosions. It can be hard to tell what is a friendly explosion, and what is a lethal one is, not to mention the enemies bullets look the same as yours. I found when playing metal slug its easier to tell what can hurt you.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The only thing with broforce is that it has been on sale a lot and is pretty commonly known. Getting popular games for free is great but IMO Playstation Plus is better for getting less known but good games into the public eye. Look at Rocket League, for example

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Voted for cactus game. god bless

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

MisterAlex posted:

Sorry, Awesome... not lookin' too good so far. =\

:negative:
rip. not even beating the dumb not-trials game :(

Montalvo posted:

Voted for cactus game. god bless
thank you

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I want all three but I'm probably gonna vote for the cactus game because it's still supposed to be the best overall game.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Is there a list of JRPG's on the PlayStation network?

I already have ff7, but other final fantasies, or tales games, or dragon quest games, or other good JRPG's would be great to look for.

Also I am open to suggestions.

FF12IZ, or DQ8, or tales of destiny would all be rad....

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mezzanon posted:

I already have ff7, but other final fantasies, or tales games, or dragon quest games, or other good JRPG's would be great to look for.

There is the newly released Breath of Fire III for the PSP/Vita/PSTV, the Persona games are great, but might best to skip 1, as it more clunky then the later games.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Mezzanon posted:

not necessarily jrpgs but a place to start
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/rpg/cid=STORE-MSF77008-ROLEPLAYINGGAME

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Mezzanon posted:

All 3 systems play different games, so it'll depend on what you own. For example PS4 only has final fantasy 7, 10/10-2 and 14, whereas PS3 has like everything but 12.
Assuming you have a PS3 and don't mind older games, there's also
Suikoden 1-3
Wild Arms 1-2
Breath of Fire 4 (3 on Vita)
Loads of Atelier games
Tales of Graces F, Xillia, Xillia 2, Zesteria, Symphonia. Also Tales of Hearts on Vita.
There was just a sale on Square Enix classics, and those role around once or twice a year. Stuff like Vagrant Story, Legend of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross.
Persona 3 and 4 have versions on PS3 and Vita, and the fifth game comes out this year.
Disgaea games.
Trails in the sky 1 and 2 and trails of cold steel on Vita.

These systems are really great for Jrpgs.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
If anyone's interested in Siralim, it's currently half-price on Steam. This is good until 2/12.

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate
I'm bummed assault is getting wrecked in 3rd place. They didn't learn anything by the last one and still let you view the results.

I just find it funny, so many complaints about side scroll indie games that nobody wants, yet it gets the most votes...

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Yechezkel posted:

If I'm reading this right from the machine translators, avatar sets for Raven and Yunica are only available with Weekly Famitsu and Dengeki PlayStation magazines, if you're lucky enough to access all that.
If you really want those, you can purchase them via digital book stores, like BOOK☆WALKER offers Weekly Famitsu including promotional codes and can be paid via PayPal. Obviously as you said, avatars are restricted to the account that owns them.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

the truth posted:

Firewatch and its cool dynamic theme are out, but it's a little cheaper to buy them separately if you have PS+.

Is it a nice relaxing dynamic theme because all the ones I saw are like, a bloody naked man flexing at you

Edit: looked it up and it seems nice but would've been nicer if the transition was gradual in the sunrise stuff

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Feb 10, 2016

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I typically hate custom themes but the FF7R theme that came with FF7 HD is pretty nice. A new version of Aerith's Theme playing in the background with some shots of FF7R in different menus and FF7 sound effects for button presses.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Nothing beats the dynamic Journey theme.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
New lineup of PS4 demos at retail kiosks (at least the ones at Gamestop), starred demos not on PSN:

Amplitude
Arslan: The Warriors of Legend
* Attractio
* Chasm
* Dragon Quest Heroes
FIFA 16
* Guitar Hero Live (if there is a guitar there)
Lego Jurassic World
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
* Pro Evolution Soccer 2016
* Ratchet & Clank
* Rocket League
* Snoopy's Grand Adventure
* Spider: Rite of the Shrouded Moon
* Street Fighter V

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Mezzanon posted:

If on PS3 you should definitely grab Xenogears and Front Mission 3.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Not that anyone cares, but Shinobido 2 Vita got delisted from both NA and EU stores.

While I'm here, Puyo Puyo Tetris on PS4 supposedly has all DLC from the 360/PS3 version, but it's not clear if it's on-disc or if it's downloadable. Anyone knows which is which?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

While I'm here, Puyo Puyo Tetris on PS4 supposedly has all DLC from the 360/PS3 version, but it's not clear if it's on-disc or if it's downloadable. Anyone knows which is which?

Due to (allegedly) Ubisoft getting some sort of exclusivity deal with Tetris, Puyo Puyo Tetris is only available on disc, and all content is on the disc, no patch or anything required.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Awesome, thanks.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Kirios posted:

Nothing beats the dynamic Journey theme.

Dynamic Flower theme.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

corn love

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Billy Elliot posted:

I'm bummed assault is getting wrecked in 3rd place. They didn't learn anything by the last one and still let you view the results.

I just find it funny, so many complaints about side scroll indie games that nobody wants, yet it gets the most votes...
Mostly it is just the artsy gimmick indie platformers that I'm sick of, but it's irrelevant since Broforce is the only one of the three games anyone's heard of before. People are just gonna vote for the known brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Even though I'm currently using the Hunter's Dream Dynamic theme (which also rules), I think the best one I've seen is still the one for Everyone's Gone To the Rapture. It's peaceful, doesn't get in the way, the change over time is really subtle and the music is fantastic.

• Locked thread