Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Angry Grimace posted:

Given that there isn't any 2 mana removal that even hits Reality Smasher and Murderous Cut is rotating, I'm a little doubtful since you'd have to afford the spell plus the Madness cost. I expect Stasis Snare to see more play with W/G/X being less likely to be the default best combination of colors and Stasis Snare doesn't care about Reality Smasher's discard clause.

*Roast isn't rotating, actually. I thought it was in FRF, I guess it was in DTK.

Valorous Stance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

mcmagic posted:

Valorous Stance.

It's rotating so won't be with Madness.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Lightning Axe for the double madness :getin:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Roast.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Yawgmoth posted:

+1: Discard a card at random.
-1: Deal 2 damage to target creature you control.
-6: Gain control of target creature.
Starting Loyalty: 1

We here at R&D thought this would be quite strong as a Madness / Delerium enabler.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Count Bleck posted:

Realistically, I'd like a Tibalt that isn't garbage.

Tibalt, The Better One 2R

+1: Tibalt deals 4 damage to target creature and 2 damage to you.
- 3: Gain control of target creature until end of turn. Untap it. It gains haste until end of turn.
- 6: You gain an emblem with "At the beginning of your upkeep, gain control of target creature. Untap it. It gains haste until end of turn."

Loyalty 3

look at the + effects that 3 mana walkers get

now tell me that you think a 3 mana walker is going to get creature-only char as its + effect

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Elyv posted:

look at the + effects that 3 mana walkers get

now tell me that you think a 3 mana walker is going to get char as its + effect

Don't worry.

Plenty of X/5s for everyone.

Edit: Also that's only half of Char :haw:

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Flashback was already a returning mechanic in original Inn so not super crazy they didn't use it again.

Transform was very likely so a second returning mechanic could make it too close to the original.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Count Bleck posted:

Don't worry.

Plenty of X/5s for everyone.

The only x/5 for you is your day one record at a gp as you play against this ridiculously broken card.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Alaan posted:

Flashback was already a returning mechanic in original Inn so not super crazy they didn't use it again.

Transform was very likely so a second returning mechanic could make it too close to the original.

If anything apart from DFCs was going to return it would have been Morbid or Undying.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/DarklandsMierce/status/697084284595806208

he's signing at fan conventions in Heaven with Quinton Hoover :(

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I just want Tibalt to have actual looting or rummaging.

Flashback seemed likely just because of how vast the design space on it is, but I guess Madness and related effects could fulfill a similar role and make it feel more mechanically different to original Innistrad.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Man if they reprint wild mongrel I'll be so psyched.

Also scrap red reverse looting. Give it back to blue and print a looter that does chandra-looting for red.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I really like the design of Dance with Devils.

It can just be "deal 4 damage divided as you choose among attacking creatures" but it does it in a much more interesting and flexible way. It's just a really cool card design.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Between it and Pack Guardian I don't think this is going to be a good format for attacking into 4 open mana

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Entropic posted:

It can just be "deal 4 damage divided as you choose among attacking creatures" but it does it in a much more interesting and flexible way. It's just a really cool card design.

You're basically flashing in 2 pre-change Mogg Fanatics! Busted!

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Knowing nothing else about the format yet, what are we first-picking out of that pack that was spoiled?
The rare 4RR that makes 4 of those Goblin Arsonist devil tokens seems quite good, but the green werewelf just seems super strong too.

I love bears with upside, and "pay 2G to draw a creature card at instant speed" is a hell of an upside.
Pack Guardian also looks first pickable.

I'm way more excited for this draft format after seeing a handful of commons and uncommons than I would be seeing a bunch of flashy rares.

I can't wait to cast Lightning Axe discarding Fiery Temper. :getin:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Entropic posted:

I'm way more excited for this draft format after seeing a handful of commons and uncommons than I would be seeing a bunch of flashy rares.

Please temper your excitement until spoilers come out via True and Official channels. You're literally stealing excitement.
-Trick Jarret.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Count Bleck posted:

You're basically flashing in 2 pre-change Mogg Fanatics! Busted!
AKA Goblin Arsonist.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Entropic posted:

Knowing nothing else about the format yet, what are we first-picking out of that pack that was spoiled?
The rare 4RR that makes 4 of those Goblin Arsonist devil tokens seems quite good, but the green werewelf just seems super strong too.

I love bears with upside, and "pay 2G to draw a creature card at instant speed" is a hell of an upside.
Pack Guardian also looks first pickable.

I can't wait to cast Lightning Axe discarding Fiery Temper. :getin:

Devil's Playground seems super strong but I'd pick Fiery Temper over it

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Goblin Arsonist tokens everywhere is the Reddest thing and I love it.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

The power level of these cards seems very high. Also Fiery Temper is one of my top five cards of all time and I'm super pumped it's back.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

They should have named the crow of dark tidings the crow from below instead

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
@TrickMTG forgive me father for I have sinned. I have seen SoI leaks on the internet. Lead me not into temptation, but deliver me from evil.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Also please reprint one of my favorite red cards ever, Hellrider. Tia

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Entropic posted:

going to shove this into my cube for maximum purphoros value

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I want this so badly.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Entropic posted:

That is the tech-specs quote from the Gen1 Blitzkreig transformer :pop:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

jassi007 posted:

@TrickMTG forgive me father for I have sinned. I have seen SoI leaks on the internet. Lead me not into temptation, but deliver me from evil.

Open four Oath of the Gatewatch packs as penance. Recite one part of the Oath(tm) for each one opened.

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004
A Hellrider reprint might keep me interested in playing Standard.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

mcmagic posted:

Valorous Stance.

Rotating.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
http://magic.wizards.com/en/MTGO/articles/archive/pro-tour-gauntlet-oath-gatewatch-details-2016-02-09

The available decks for the PT gauntlet. 16 decks, 8 players, 3 eldrazi decks available. So what 1 or 2 people get eldrazi decks on average and everyone else gets to lose?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

ScarletBrother posted:

A Hellrider reprint might keep me interested in playing Standard.

Brutal Hordechief is in Standard right now and sees no play..

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Entropic posted:

Brutal Hordechief is in Standard right now and sees no play..

Hellrider's better because it has haste and is red.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Bread Set Jettison posted:

print it at common and let slip the dogs of war

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

jassi007 posted:

http://magic.wizards.com/en/MTGO/articles/archive/pro-tour-gauntlet-oath-gatewatch-details-2016-02-09

The available decks for the PT gauntlet. 16 decks, 8 players, 3 eldrazi decks available. So what 1 or 2 people get eldrazi decks on average and everyone else gets to lose?

Yes. I'm so disappointed, one of the coolest ideas Wizards has ever had for MTGO coincides with a broken pro tour.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

jassi007 posted:

haha i forgot all about this, yeah this is way less exciting knowing that there's a number of decks which just completely blank the rest

i guess hey you might be the lucky one, but idk if i'd be willing to gamble it (who am i kidding im willing to gamble it)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Chamale posted:

Yes. I'm so disappointed, one of the coolest ideas Wizards has ever had for MTGO coincides with a broken pro tour.

actually this is a legit concern cause if everyone thinks it's broken and nobody wants to play it they might not bring it back again :/

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I don't know, it will be fun to see bad players mad that they don't auto-win with the Eldrazi deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

So how bout that emergency ban guys?

• Locked thread