Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

My highest Arena rank has also not changed in weeks.

Right. If your current rank is significantly lower than your highest, then it'll be giving you harder opponents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mooktastical posted:

Right. If your current rank is significantly lower than your highest, then it'll be giving you harder opponents.

My highest Arena rank is probably in the 30's and I place in the 40 range every day... just, suddenly I'm facing super whale 7 star Leias and Mauls and I don't get it.

Literally, I'm just chugging along like usual and then BAM, gently caress you.

edit:

Holy poo poo, I did it... legitimately surprised right now.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Feb 8, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Rey crit my Poe for 10k, and then a turn later Leia triple crit my Luke for ~14k. That's ok though, cause with Poggle's buff, Lumi force punched QGJ for 12k, and Luke specialed Rey for 11k. I won.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
gently caress.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

Mooktastical posted:

GW now only looks at your highest attained Arena rank, not current. According to the dev on Reddit, it was always supposed to be that way, but there were bugs keeping that from happening. I suggest you get used to Oscar Isaac's digitized face, also defeat.

gently caress that explains everything. It is god drat impossible for me now.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Ularg posted:

gently caress.

I assume Rey one-shotted your Lumi there before Dooku got your Daka? Gotta love her!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

oops wrong forum posted:

I assume Rey one-shotted your Lumi there before Dooku got your Daka? Gotta love her!

I don't have Lumi, she one-shotted my goddamn Geo Soldier.

I want to be done with RNG. It doesn't like me. No bonus attacks, no stuns, no crits.

Edit: I guess I'm done playing arena forever. I hit #457 so if I go any higher I'll never win GW.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
So...Daka just self revived twice in a row. I really believe CG when they say the AI doesn't have improved dice rolling...

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

This game has a huge grind coming down the line. It's really nothing now compared to what's to come. So I have Geo Soldier(and poggle) sitting at like 3-4 stars unleveled, but enough shards to get to 7*. Today I decided to start leveling and starring Geo Soldier. Realistically to take a character from level 1 3* to level 70 7*, it's roughly 4 million credits. Possibly more, but I'm too lazy right now to do the math. When the level cap was raised from 60-70 our credit increase went up like 60k credits 3x a week. From 70kish a run to 93.3k T, F, Sun. Galactic war didn't get an increase. You get a bit more from cantina runs, as well as the higher level LS/DS missions. The credit income isn't keeping up with your expenditures. It's completely out of whack and is only going to get worse. What's 1-80 going to cost? 8m credits? 10m? 7-8*? 2.5m credits?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Hopefully the next level increase won´t be happening for months, at least.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
God Damnit, this is going to be every day, isn't it? Level 70 murder season on my GW team.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Zotix posted:

This game has a huge grind coming down the line. It's really nothing now compared to what's to come. So I have Geo Soldier(and poggle) sitting at like 3-4 stars unleveled, but enough shards to get to 7*. Today I decided to start leveling and starring Geo Soldier. Realistically to take a character from level 1 3* to level 70 7*, it's roughly 4 million credits. Possibly more, but I'm too lazy right now to do the math. When the level cap was raised from 60-70 our credit increase went up like 60k credits 3x a week. From 70kish a run to 93.3k T, F, Sun. Galactic war didn't get an increase. You get a bit more from cantina runs, as well as the higher level LS/DS missions. The credit income isn't keeping up with your expenditures. It's completely out of whack and is only going to get worse. What's 1-80 going to cost? 8m credits? 10m? 7-8*? 2.5m credits?

Sure you got two chars to unlock. That's 6 days then what? You'll have 40? 60? More before the cap is raised. You're still have enough to instantly level your main team to max.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Zotix posted:

Don't worry, the red cards will give you 10k credits to help!

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

does GW get easier if you fail it?

Like, right now I'm afraid to even play arena since my GW game got tough enough that I couldn't finish... and I've only been playing like 2 weeks.

I got up to 750 in arena, which is good enough for me if I can just maintain but I gotta do the 3 fights a day thing and I'm tempted to just lose two and win one and more or less tread water in the 1000-500 bracket for the points.

I've got Sid and Lumi, Jedi Consular is at 3* and am I wrong to just want to get everyone I have up to 4 or 5 stars before farming new characters or does it help if I have a lot of unlocked but unleveled characters lying around to tank some sort of rating?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
They really should investigate GW matchmaking then. Perhaps there are factors in the calculation that they didn´t tell, like if you own some chromium only characters?

For comparison, here´s my today´s GW last three:

I just autoed through....

Here´s my squad:

Account level 70, top 100 in arena if I try, top 200 otherwise for weeks, best placement ever was 56 if I remember correctly.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Did I just experience some sort of weird bug involving an *Enemy Rey*?

Was going up against a Poe team with a Phasma leader, Rey gets her turn and attacks a front liner of mine and *immediately* attacks my Sid in the back row, killing him with a 8k+ hit without any message about an assist attack (and she wouldn't get that either for her own move, right?). This triggers her evasion buff.
Later in the match she had her evasion buff up, I attack to clear it but it goes up again before she even gets another turn. Can she dodge without even spending that thing?

Never seen her do those things (that she triggered like 4 times from Phasma that match is another matter :suicide:)

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Could it have been an assist off of Poe taunting, then a regular attack?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

They really should investigate GW matchmaking then. Perhaps there are factors in the calculation that they didn´t tell, like if you own some chromium only characters?

For comparison, here´s my today´s GW last three:

I just autoed through....

Here´s my squad:

Account level 70, top 100 in arena if I try, top 200 otherwise for weeks, best placement ever was 56 if I remember correctly.

I think player level matters.

GW got super hard for me and the only thing that changed in a 3-day span was I went up to level 68.

Today, I ran into 2 full 70, 7star murder squads. Easier than yesterday, but it still took my B-team, C-team, and junk squad, ALONG WITH my entire A-team to win that poo poo.

The last fight was epic as gently caress. I killed all of his dudes except for Sidious, and decided to let it stand so I could set up...

lvl 70 Sidious vs lvl 45 Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Eeth Koth, Ahsoka Tano, and Qui-gon Jinn.

It ended just like the movie :smith:

edit: Chewie + 4 damage scrubs saved the day though. Another GW bites the dust.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Feb 9, 2016

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

kaschei posted:

Could it have been an assist off of Poe taunting, then a regular attack?

I suppose, might have just not triggered the assist message.

I've started up a little list until the patch hits with players I know lack Poe, so much easier (unless they are running something obnoxious like Phasma / Healer / Daka / Stormtrooper Han + Chewie).

If anyone wants to try figuring out if we share the same server, these are my most common foes in the 20-50 bracket:
RMMX, NUC, TBAGGINHOFF, SemperFI, Ald Kan(Khan?), Plau antul, Mirage Party, Sieana Rayley, Luizinho, Maxlol, 10centLovin, Snow, Nema Ghyron, Calavyeon Kwai, OskarWulfgar, Ahplayplay, Solokyn Alumini

I wish more statistics and data was available to the player. Could have sworn there was some way to see won/lost PVP matches for example (even better if it could tell you how often you'd won/lost vs certain people, generate a "revenge" list etc).

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Chilichimp posted:

I think player level matters.

GW got super hard for me and the only thing that changed in a 3-day span was I went up to level 68.

But I've been 70 for days now and even during the whole leveling from 60-70 I did not encounter a single unfair fight in GW. It was always squads +- my power level.

It's really weird and there's no reason some people should have it much more difficult :(

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Finished GW today for the first time ever :toot:

I never even changed my dumb team: Barriss (L), IG-86, Luke, Luminara, Sidious. Love the Jedi auto-heals for helping me marathon through it.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
GW has been a breeze after I stopped caring about PVP beyond doing my three daily matches.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Syrinxx posted:

Finished GW today for the first time ever :toot:

I never even changed my dumb team: Barriss (L), IG-86, Luke, Luminara, Sidious. Love the Jedi auto-heals for helping me marathon through it.

Why isn't Barriss considered a must-have character? Or is she? Her free heals are amazing. I guess it's just because access to getting her is fairly limited for a while?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

She is awful because bruisers don't really exist in the meta because no one who does damage can't be two-shot by fast glass cannons, she does no damage and no disruption. Equalizing through heal immunity doesn't help when almost everyone dies in one turn.

Her heal on attack usually helps less than having one fewer living enemy, which Barriss doesn't help with.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

tadashi posted:

Why isn't Barriss considered a must-have character? Or is she? Her free heals are amazing. I guess it's just because access to getting her is fairly limited for a while?

She is top tier in GW and a must have.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

She's pretty bad in PVP because she does little damage / buff shenanigans. Speed+Attack/Turn meter fuckery > All else.

Their balancing seems to have been less power budget and more "Lots* of health? Then: Low damage and/or slow as gently caress! Done!"
*Lots = Might survive one more attack in PVP, will still die on the first turn to two attackers. :iiam:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Her main value to me is in the early stages of GW, her basic attack can throw a nice heal on everyone, it helps keep people topped off. I usually bench her once I get to the 7th battle.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

tadashi posted:

Yeah, she was super limited until recently. She's also not good in arena since her nerf. There was a dude called Tenks on my server that used a Barriss leader for the last 2 months and a few days he finally switched to Phasma. End of an era, he was always a guaranteed arena win. I'd recommend new players get her from cantina since she makes PvE matches so much easier, especially GW.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I hit 70 a couple days ago now. Yesterday, I had the easiest GW ever, clearing it in roughly 20 minutes. Today, I had the hardest GW ever. Starting on match 3, I was going against teams that were all 68-70, and it never stopped. For the first time since December (my first week of GW), I'm unable to clear this GW. I'm down to 2 level 70s (Lumi and Luke -- but luke is at like 1/10th health), and 3 garbage toons, with one battle left. I guess if I pour all my energy into credits tonight and level one of my garbage toons, I might be able to clear it before restart....but I doubt it.
I think there's just a huge amount of RNG in what matches you get for GW.

The worst match (where I lost 3 main heroes something like 5 battles in) had Phasma (lead), Daka, Sid, Rey, FOTP. I spent like an hour trying to RNG around it so that I could kill Rey and FOTP without Daka reviving them, but eventually I had to settle with killing FOTP, then Daka, then Rey, then Sid. It was awful.

I'm really tempted to postpone my Dooku farm to get Barris...I'm probably not going to PVP Dooku until he, Phasma, and Daka are all 7* anyways, and Daka is waiting on her 6th and 7th stars until Poe and QGJ are maxed. I'm halfway to 5* on Dooku though, so I think the best plan is to finish that, then work on Barris stars...he'll at least be useful in DS missions once I level him.

Also, on the gold discussion, I feel like once you hit 70, it gets a LOT better, because you aren't spending 700-750k every other day on just keeping your guys leveled. With a full clear of GW, you should get somewhere around 500k -- I've never actually added it up. With one energy boost for cantina, you'll get about 100k out of that. Additionally, every 3 times per week you get 280k out of bounties. Everything else gives a pretty negligible amount of gold. I feel like a couple of the quests add a little bit of gold in there too, but I don't remember. We can average all that out to 700k per day. It costs either 2.1 or 2.4 million to level someone up (I checked it recently, but forgot). This means it will take you about 3 days for a 1-70. The first few stars cost pretty much nothing, and activating is free, but going from 3-4* costs 100k (so activating at a 4* saves you that), 5* costs 250k, 6* costs 500k, and 7* costs 1 mil. This adds up to 1.85 million per hero, so you're right around 4 million per, or 6 days to take one hero from 1 to max. Gear costs a little bit too, but compared to 4 million, I'm going to say that's pretty negligible too. While this is a lot, think about how long it took you to get from level 1 to 70, leveling just a couple characters at a time? And think about how long each of those 7 stars took to achieve. Now you wait basically a week and you can take a baby from level 1 1* to 70 7* (if you already have the shards). That really doesn't sound so bad to me.

Also, I don't think they're going to do an 80 unlock next, I think it's going to be 90. On Sunday, with all of the events and missions unlocked, I saw that the 6th tier of credits/training/ability is at level 84. If the plan was to go to 80, why not have one between 70 and 80 (although with these, guys, nothing seems too planned, so I wouldn't count on that). At this point, unless they add some really good ways to generate credits, it is going to get really bad, so I agree there, I just don't think it's too awful right now at level 70. I'm finally starting to catch up my B-team, which, during the level 60-70 grind, was impossible. I could barely even afford to star up my A-team. I think that in about a week and a half, I can have a full squad of level 70 dark side heroes (right now I have Poggle/Sid at 70, Vader/Daka at 60, Phasma and Talia at 57, and then a whole bunch of decent DS heroes below 40). I'm not quite sure what my mission squad should be like...I'm tempted to level Talia because she has a heal, but she just feels so weak. Maybe with this update and her 50% life steal, she'll start feeling ok.

e: The other potential bottleneck I forgot to mention was training droids. I think that's actually going to start being as big of a problem as credits - although, that depends on how fast you obtain stars for your heroes.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 9, 2016

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Is there an easy way to get training droids that I'm missing? I finally got enough shards to unlock kylo yesterday and I only had enough left over to take him to 40.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Slightly Toasted posted:

Is there an easy way to get training droids that I'm missing? I finally got enough shards to unlock kylo yesterday and I only had enough left over to take him to 40.

Sim a bunch of normal missions for gear and you're going to end up with a boatload of droids. Or continue simming in Cantina for Kylo or Mace shards and that'll get you droids and ability mats.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/galaxy-of-heroes/news/unlock-grand-master-yoda-in-an-all-new-event

Sadly it's prequel Yoda, not original trilogy zen-buddhist Frank Oz doll.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Slightly Toasted posted:

Why fight the forces of nature to overtake the object of your desires, when you can simply wait and it will come back around to you?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So it looks like the patch is live on ios?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Also they added this to their update notes, but they haven't added a new post for a 2/9 or 2/10 patch:

quote:

UPDATE: This update can now be manually installed from the App Store or Google Play store. Please note however that it may take up to 24 hours for this update to appear for you.
ALSO, not all of these changes will be live in game until 2/10/2016 when a forced update will put all players on the same version of the game, example being character changes.
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/10013/february-release-notes

e:
Update is not yet live (for me) on android.I'm going to be really pissed if at 5PM, I'm fighting and CAN'T see my opponents in Arena, while my opponents all can.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 9, 2016

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Zotix posted:

So it looks like the patch is live on ios?

It is. Lifesteal on gear works now, battles are faster, Lumi has a different attack stance and being able to see the entire squad you're facing in Arena is great.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

you can see opponents on iOS now, p.sweet.

now the dudes with the team of 4 OP guys and a scrub as their display character aren't gonna be a gotcha.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Telex posted:

you can see opponents on iOS now, p.sweet.

now the dudes with the team of 4 OP guys and a scrub as their display character aren't gonna be a gotcha.

And everyone with a high rank and no Poe gon' get hosed.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Shard shop is 10:1 exchange rate, refreshes once per day, cannot be refreshed manually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

About expected (whale central more or less, unless you happen to be sitting on all the good GW chars maxed out), was wondering what that blue hexagon stuff in the preview screenshot was.

e: This UI update is going to take some getting used to.

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Feb 9, 2016

• Locked thread