Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
What is the name of Champa's assistant and what alcoholic drink is it based on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mraagvpeine posted:

What is the name of Champa's assistant and what alcoholic drink is it based on?

Vados, and based on Calvados

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

XboxPants posted:

I've always liked to imagine that this means that Goku is going to stay in peak condition for many decades, then suddenly wake up one day looking like Master Roshi and barely be able to move or see and then die like 3 days later. Just shrivel up like a slug with so much salt.

That's more or less what happens in Dragon Ball Online. Saiyans stay in their fighting prime much longer than Earthlings. Goku and Vegeta both sense that their prime is nearly over, so they fly off into space for one giant battle, never to be heard from again.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
The only thing Im not sure of is, do saiyans stay looking young til theyre 80 but still die at like 92 or do they have like a 200 year life span?

At the end of Z I thought it was the former but Goku's line in super made me reconsider.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Assumedly they all died before they got old. So no one knows I bet.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
Screw Saiyan aging, Bulma has to be a soul sucking vampire to be constantly looking younger then chi-chi.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

SirDrone posted:

Screw Saiyan aging, Bulma has to be a soul sucking vampire to be constantly looking younger then chi-chi.

one is rich and the other lives in the mountains

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

How the hell would Goku know the life-span of a Saiyan if he has never lived in Saiyan society and the only pure-breed Saiyans he knows are Raditz (dead within a day of meeting him), Nappa (dead within an hour of meeting him), Vegeta (not exactly best buddies but sure, they could have discussed Saiyan life off screen) and Tarble (is he even still canon?).

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

the culminator posted:

The only thing Im not sure of is, do saiyans stay looking young til theyre 80 but still die at like 92 or do they have like a 200 year life span?

At the end of Z I thought it was the former but Goku's line in super made me reconsider.

It's like how in Mass Effect Krogan's can live for like 2000 years but no one knows that because they all die way before then. Except you know not that long.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

How the hell would Goku know the life-span of a Saiyan if he has never lived in Saiyan society and the only pure-breed Saiyans he knows are Raditz (dead within a day of meeting him), Nappa (dead within an hour of meeting him), Vegeta (not exactly best buddies but sure, they could have discussed Saiyan life off screen) and Tarble (is he even still canon?).

Tarble is still canon

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

SirDrone posted:

People were joking that her mom was an Android. Maybe her dad built his entire family.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
So, I bailed as the Res F started, but someone just mentioned Uub in this thread. How can they know about Uub already? Are they cutting the epilogue chapters for this?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Szmitten posted:

So, I bailed as the Res F started, but someone just mentioned Uub in this thread. How can they know about Uub already? Are they cutting the epilogue chapters for this?

King Yama tells Goku that he granted Goku's wish of reincarnating Kid Buu into a good person. He tells Vegeta this as they discuss who else to add as their fifth for the tournament.

Personally, I think this is awesome, and I hope we get to see him and Bra eventually.

I am kind of sad that it seems there won't really be a mini-arc about searching for the Super Dragon Ball that remains, and that the tournament fights might be super short.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
They don't directly mention him, Goku just mentioned that Kid Buu was reincarnated, and Vegeta says a baby can't fight in the tournament.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Reinanigans posted:

I am kind of sad that it seems there won't really be a mini-arc about searching for the Super Dragon Ball that remains, and that the tournament fights might be super short.

Dragonball Super is in too much of a rush, DragonballZ took its time. When are we going to get a proper 20-30 episode battle?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Rutibex posted:

Dragonball Super is in too much of a rush, DragonballZ took its time. When are we going to get a proper 20-30 episode battle?

I mean, I don't want that extreme either, but based on those episode titles, it seems to be going blazingly fast. Though I guess the old Tenkaichi Budoukai fights were around 1-2 episodes max too, apart from the finals.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

MY ABACUS! posted:

Uub is the embodiment of Goku's neglect of his own sons.

goku wished for the perfect son and his wish was granted with uub

Baal posted:

It's called being a parent

gohan stopped fighting the second cell died. he only trained for like a week for the tournament because he is smart enough to understand his dad can only bond with people via punching

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Kild posted:

one is rich and the other lives in the mountains
Also one lost her husband and constantly has to stress over her son/s being put into stupidly lifethreatening situations.
The other invents poo poo and can contend with Vegeta with ease.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Vegeta doesn't seem too bothered that he's not going to see his family for three years.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

sharktamer posted:

Vegeta doesn't seem too bothered that he's not going to see his family for three years.

it's probably pretty norml for a saiyan

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

sharktamer posted:

He gets to spend three years with his true love: Fighting.

Repster
Nov 29, 2014

sharktamer posted:

Vegeta lost his planet at a young age and was regularly sent out alone or semi alone to genocide planets, 3 years without his family is not a big deal to him. Besides, He knows they will be there when he gets back.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Repster posted:

Besides, He knows they will be there when he gets back.

And if they aren't, then he gets to have another fight.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

He gets to spend three years with his true love: Kakarot

Fixed.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Okay, but is it still canon that Saiyan hair doesn't change ever?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Like I said, fighting.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

HitTheTargets posted:

Fighting culture, not a stylistic one

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ACQk1Ac3tc

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

HitTheTargets posted:

Yes. Saiyan hair doesn't change from the time they're born, and also can't be any colour but black.

This does not apply to half-Saiyans, of course, who have shown absolutely human hair including having different colours of it. It also doesn't apply to the Xenoverse Saiyan for...some reason.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Xenoverse characters are wished into being so they can ignore all the rules and be a pink Namekian with horns and an afro

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Doesn't King Vegeta have brown/red hair?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Doesn't King Vegeta have brown/red hair?

In the flashbacks during the Freeza arc yes. It's changed to black in a flashback during the Androids arc and for the first Broli movie. Vegeta's hair was sometimes made brown during the Namek arc, or given brown highlights. Toriyama always intended Saiyans to have black hair, but told the anime staff that it fine if they wanted to use different colors.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

sharktamer posted:

It's technically three days. Three years to him but if Saiyans live a long time it's not a big deal.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Majinfoose posted:

In the flashbacks during the Freeza arc yes. It's changed to black in a flashback during the Androids arc and for the first Broli movie. Vegeta's hair was sometimes made brown during the Namek arc, or given brown highlights. Toriyama always intended Saiyans to have black hair, but told the anime staff that it fine if they wanted to use different colors.

Nope go watch Super's flashback in episode 7 it's brownish red

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Feb 10, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The latest Super was good for a recap episode. Had enough new stuff to keep the episode interesting and the framing for the recaps themselves were quite fun too.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The latest Super was good for a recap episode. Had enough new stuff to keep the episode interesting and the framing for the recaps themselves were quite fun too.

It's like they know people were going to skip those episodes if they'd seen the movies

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I don't get why they had to recap the ep that only happened just last week though.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

'cos the more time spent recapping, the less they have to make for that ep and the more time, money and effort they can allocate to future episodes.

they'd probably use half 2 of the episode to recap half 1 if they could get away with it.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Why is Broly so popular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
no one answer that

• Locked thread