Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BanjoFish
Nov 24, 2007

Rocks posted:

where does trump stand in all of this, I remember seeing in the lead up to Iowa that Rubio and Cruz were getting more searches than Trump, so it seems like a good indicator of who's going to get more votes than others

Here's one where I switched out Carson and Christie for Trump and Cruz, they're more popular than the rest, but less popular Kasich's peak at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

BanjoFish posted:

Just for fun I tried searching Google Trends for the 2nd tier candidates, limiting the search to the last 7 days, and only in New Hampshire. Green is Rubio, red is Kasich.

Kasichmentum!

This is why I think Kasich will do well, this inexplicable surge in interest right before the actual voting.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Logikv9 posted:

Rubio is so lazy he couldn't bother learning more than one speech.

I'l genuinely be surprised if this doesn't hurt his NH results or boost Christie's. He came off looking like a broken politician ROMNEYROID 2.0 while Christie went for the jugular.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Joementum posted:

He knows that hotels have laundry service, right?

https://twitter.com/politico/status/697112999887249408

ah so I see Carson has withdrawn from the race once again

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

mannerup posted:

*cups hands over next poster's ear*

"Carson's withdrawn from the race, pass it on!"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Carson withdrew from the race? gently caress it, I'll vote Cruz

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

Rubio. Trump doesn't put off work, he delegates it to his minions. Carson isn't lazy, he just lusts for sleep.

Rubio is the obvious choice, but I don't think a malfunctioning robot can technically be considered lazy. I don't think Trump is lazy at all. That leaves Carson, whose entire candidacy is a book marketing campaign that got out of hand.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

mannerup posted:

It's just past his bedtime.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

Of Carson, Trump, and Rubio: who is the laziest?

Definitely Rubio. Carson has worked pretty hard at his book tour grifting in the guise of a presidential campaign, and of course Trump is high energy.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

weekly font posted:

It's a pretty complicated question but I'm assuming he just wanted some variation on "Brown people."

We would have also accepted "Marvin Bush"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stratesec

:tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

mannerup posted:

I wonder if they did it on purpose to get a shot where he has his eyes closed

Look in the background, even his aide can't keep his eyes open.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/697119025810317313

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
has anyone won yet

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Final Prediction:

Trump
Kasich
Rubio
Bush
Cruz
Christie
Fiorina
Carson

As much as I would love for Bush to edge out Rubio for third (because that would be the most chaotic thing possible) I think he's gonna come up juuuuust short.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

John Dough posted:

has anyone won yet

us

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Phlegmish posted:

I wonder if they did it on purpose to get a shot where he has his eyes closed

Look in the background, even his aide can't keep his eyes open.

Look, when you put a few points into Blind Fighting at chargen (because you thought the concept was cool), you try to make the most of it.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

John Dough posted:

has anyone won yet

Kasich at 60%, but not everywhere has reported yet, so there's a small possibility that it could still change.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

I thought I had my mind made up on Sanders, but I'm interested in hearing more about this Star Locke.

EDIT: Oh wow, the reality is much more racist than the name lead me to believe.

Here's Star Locke's incredibly respectful page about the Muslim faith.

Nice.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

John Dough posted:

has anyone won yet

at this point it comes down to who WANTS it more

ATribeCalledKvetch
Nov 5, 2010

I do hate myself, but it has nothing to do with being Jewish.
So what happens if Kasich somehow pulls off a first place over Trump in a close second, with a governor or Cruz in third place? I don't think that would completely ruin Trump's chances despite the lack of first place.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Gregoriev posted:

So what happens if Kasich somehow pulls off a first place over Trump in a close second, with a governor or Cruz in third place? I don't think that would completely ruin Trump's chances despite the lack of first place.

Second place in Iowa is just fine, no one even expected him to win there until one or two weeks before the caucus. But if Trump doesn't win NH, it's over. If he can't win in the Northeast and the South, he doesn't stand a chance in the rest of the country.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Gregoriev posted:

Trump would be done. If Trump cannot turn a 15-17 point average poll lead into a win he cannot be expected to win any primary or caucus anywhere.

The GOP primary would be on fire because Kasich is really unlikely to be able to form a large enough coalition to win the primary. There are no hard and fast lanes, but with Trump going up in flames its hard to see Cruz not being emboldened. He would likely solidify as the anti-establishment choice and would have the money and infrastructure to almost certainly come out with a delegate lead post super Tuesday.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Phlegmish posted:

Second place in Iowa is just fine, no one even expected him to win there until one or two weeks before the caucus. But if Trump doesn't win NH, it's over. If he can't win in the Northeast and the South, he doesn't stand a chance in the rest of the country.

Iowa, the South, pick one

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

BanjoFish posted:

Here's one where I switched out Carson and Christie for Trump and Cruz, they're more popular than the rest, but less popular Kasich's peak at the moment.

Is Google having a dig at Rubio's lack of experience with the captions under the names

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Oiled and Ready posted:

Iowa, the South, pick one

I meant if he doesn't win NH, leading to him failing in SC as well, then it's definitely over as those regions are arguably more favorable to him than the rest of the country. Yeah, it wasn't very clear.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

poty posted:

Is Google having a dig at Rubio's lack of experience with the captions under the names

you would think the algorithm would have sympathy for a fellow robot

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Marco Rubio, Current Popular Search Term from the State of Florida.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Make America Indexed Again

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
The fix is in:

https://twitter.com/charlescwcooke/status/697061386027823104

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/ErikWemple/status/697134879536975872

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Is a virtual tie an apparent win?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shear Modulus posted:

you would think the algorithm would have sympathy for a fellow robot

the other machine intelligences hate him, both for his freedom to walk the world of flesh and how lovely he is at it

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
New England owns.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Joementum posted:

New England owns.

This is awesome what's it from?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Probably not, but they'll sure as hell treat it as one, considering she's been down 20 points in like every poll.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

crazy cloud posted:

This is awesome what's it from?

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2016/02/people-candidates-meet-new-hampshire

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

574 for Gilmore? I don't buy it.

Way too low.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

wanna buy a house in new hampshire so i can gently caress with politicians full time

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Joementum posted:

New England owns.

On the one hand, this is really loving stupid.

On the other, I'd relish the opportunity to gently caress with a politician just a little bit since I'm totally powerless so it kind of rules and I'm jealous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

http://gawker.com/this-is-how-hilla...dium=socialflow

Reddit's freaking out about this because they didn't know this is how the media works. Rubio obviously has a similar relationship with Fox, and I'm assuming staff of many campaigns that are "a good get" use this kind of leverage. Trump does it openly, because he thinks it shows people his leveraging powers, but the rest of them all do this stuff and it's hilarious they think poor Bernie isn't well aware and doing the same exact thing.

• Locked thread