Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

why the gently caress would i want to walk into a carrier store? i don't buy a tv from my loving cable company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
you wouldn't. you call them or go on their webzone and say/click the button to get the new phone.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
why the hell would you go to any retail store for a phone?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

why the hell would you go to any retail store for a phone?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

jfc

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i can't wait til apple drops the headphone jack and makes the loving thing even thinner than it needs to be and i end up buying a windows phone

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/35437

well that loving explains it

jesus christ

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

graph posted:

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/35437

well that loving explains it

jesus christ

lol xcode is a colossal pos and dealing with it w/r/t simulators is the worst part of my job

edit: well not literally the worst but it's pretty bad

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

why would anyone not provide full admin to developers on their development hardware

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

zen death robot posted:

the camera will stick out even further

at least it'll be centrally located so there won't be a lopsided wobble

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

THC posted:

why would anyone not provide full admin to developers on their development hardware

because devs are children who can't be trusted not to break their toys

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

THC posted:

quote:

This was not a problem in 7.1 or 7.2, and it does not seem to be tied to the license agreement acceptance that was previously an issue. I can't give them all admin - this is a lab environment and we need to keep things locked down somewhat.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i give my junior devs/student interns admin access. who cares

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

lmao apple is officially sanctioning screen protectors now? jesus christ

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
I can't wait until there is a resistive screen option for the iphone

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i was going to make a joke about how hardware keyboards are next and then i remembered the apple surface

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

steve rises from the dead, shambles into nearest apple store, sees blue-shirted employee helpfully applying Belkin(tm) plastic screen protector and rubber humpbacked official apple battery case to brand new iPhone with camera wart and dogshit car-bra antenna. nearby a customer is typing on what looks like a rigid piece of fabric attached to a novelty oversized ipad with a white plastic stick poking straight out of the lightning port. "this is the true hell" he moans

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
timb is the swift hand of karmic justice, destroying the only good thing steve ever did in this world

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Linguica posted:

steve rises from the dead, shambles into nearest apple store, sees blue-shirted employee helpfully applying Belkin(tm) plastic screen protector and rubber humpbacked official apple battery case to brand new iPhone with camera wart and dogshit car-bra antenna. nearby a customer is typing on what looks like a rigid piece of fabric attached to a novelty oversized ipad with a white plastic stick poking straight out of the lightning port. "this is the true hell" he moans

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

THC posted:

e: these are devs in training

graph fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Feb 9, 2016

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

triple sulk posted:

lol xcode is a colossal pos and dealing with it w/r/t simulators is the worst part of my job

edit: well not literally the worst but it's pretty bad

lol xcode is almost as good as it gets and the ios sim is definitely the best mobile sim ever, junior developer bitch idiot childe

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Linguica posted:

:lomarf:

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Necc0 posted:

god damnit i keep trying to convince people that these aren't necessary and now they're just gonna go out of their way and endorse it :cripes:

uh, obviously they keep your screen protected, that's why apple's endorsing it.

also i don't get how this is new. if you buy a screen protector at the apple store they always offer to put it on. i had to replace my phone and the dude offered to try to take the protector off the old phone and onto the new (I bought a 6 pack of them for 30 bucks from china so i said no).

i also watched some lady make the apple dude reapply the protector 5 times, including making him go and get another screen protector 3 times and not charge her.

obviously the apple customer service experience is unequaled.

praise timb

primb

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

uninterrupted posted:

uh, obviously they keep your screen protected, that's why apple's endorsing it.

also i don't get how this is new. if you buy a screen protector at the apple store they always offer to put it on. i had to replace my phone and the dude offered to try to take the protector off the old phone and onto the new (I bought a 6 pack of them for 30 bucks from china so i said no).

i also watched some lady make the apple dude reapply the protector 5 times, including making him go and get another screen protector 3 times and not charge her.

obviously the apple customer service experience is unequaled.

praise timb

primb

It also makes more since now that people won't be buying phones but instead leasing them and turning them in every year. Fewer scratched screens means fewer replacements and more and better refurb stock for the old models.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
tim is slowly positioning apple to become the premier smartphone, tablet and computer accessory dealer and quietly phase out their hardware divisions

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
when Verizon installed my "complementary" screen protector it looked awful and had bubbles

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Lol@ leasing you dang telephone

How many rollover minutes you got there grandpa? fokkin ell.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Stymie posted:

tim is slowly positioning apple to become the premier smartphone, tablet and computer accessory dealer and quietly phase out their hardware divisions

my next laptop will end up being a surface pro and just use a mac mini for any os x/ios poo poo i need

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

triple sulk posted:

my next laptop will end up being a surface pro and just use a mac mini for any os x/ios poo poo i need

yes, that paradigm of design the surface pro

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

computer parts posted:

yes, that paradigm of design the surface pro

do you think the apple surface improved on its design?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

well people were asking for it for some bizarre reason and the keyboard is more like "fine you want a keyboard? have a loving keyboard". Apple probably sold a ton of third party iPad keyboards at their stores so why shouldn't they get in on that sweet accessory money? (see also battery cases)

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
im literally on the phone w/ them right now demanding a 7.2.dmg and they actually may have routed me to the right person

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

graph posted:

im literally on the phone w/ them right now demanding a 7.2.dmg and they actually may have routed me to the right person

It
Just
Works

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Stymie posted:

hey, it worked for radio shack

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.apple.com/lae/appleshareip/

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
3rd partu repair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqz2wPfJG7w

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
apple giving idiots what they want: somehow a bad thing that will lose them customers according to yospos.

again i will request the ipad announcement meltdowns from yospos calling it the death of apple

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
a good barometer for apple decisions: do nerds hate it? then its probably really good and will do well

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it can and is losing them customers

you seem to be forgetting that apple is currently in a downward spiral of falling sales across all divisions including, and especially the iphone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Stymie posted:

it can and is losing them customers

you seem to be forgetting that apple is currently in a downward spiral of falling sales across all divisions including, and especially the iphone

lol

• Locked thread