Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sounds like the patch to play the beefiest fuckin' supports I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

This new Kennen champion looks like an interesting addition to League of Legends.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Still no Cupid Galio, lovely patch

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Will these changes make Akali viable?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Fairly important question about Duskblade: Does it place a debuff on people that expires and deals damage, or does it just happen without anything like that?

Basically what I'm saying is "does QSS negate this item?"

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
poo poo they shaved like 50 damage off each rank of Graves' Q.

Dunno why they added a delay to it when it hits terrain too - the counterplay is stay away from walls but I guess we will see how long the delay is

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
i can't wait to make people cry as talon now

edit: wow, magres, your red text is impressive.

i'm glad you pissed off someone that much

fishception fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Feb 9, 2016

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Why is Talon going to be so good now?

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
They remade DFG for AD assassins.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Plus he's already really good without it

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Draktharr Noir is going to be a strong item

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Sperglord Firecock posted:

i can't wait to make people cry as talon now

edit: wow, magres, your red text is impressive.

i'm glad you pissed off someone that much

yeah as it would turn out when you go full SJW on reddit and carry the beef back into GBS (I think) people make fun of you a lot for a pretty good reason

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
lol i didn't do poo poo to bring it back to gbs

e:

Magres fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Feb 9, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
:allears:

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Sexpansion posted:

Yeah, this is absolutely correct and pretty good build advice. I tried a game without FQC last night and the utility is still too high, even with the nerfs.

The dumb thing is that there are at least 3 really good reasons to buy FCQ without the active:

1) The gold generation is insane.
2) It's really cheap.

Saving 500 gold on the price of the item and generating 2k passive gold by 35-40 minutes means that you're going to be hitting your big items 5-10 minutes sooner than the other laner. You can have 4 full items including a RoA and Rabadons by 25-30 minutes in a lot of games.

3) Frostfang is an amazing lane item

Frostfang gives amazing mana regen and a little chunk of AP for 850 gold. It's like a Doran's ring except that it generates tons of gold on its own and actually builds into something useful. It's a much better component than anything in Morellonomicon or Athene's. Laning phase with Morgana basically involves shoving waves mercilessly until you run out of mana, and then TPing back in with Frostfang and doing the same (this can be really punishing in terms of level/CS if they didn't run TP), except that you never run out of mana anymore. When combined with blue buff it's basically 2 minutes of pure misery for the opposing laner.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Magres posted:

lol i didn't do poo poo to bring it back to gbs

idk all i know is you went full sperg and stuff happened in gbs or somewhere, i didn't find out about it until i asked in the anime chat thread

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I really don't understand why the game needs that item and why Zed got a preemptive nerf but Talon is going to jump close to 60% win rate with it, use his entire combo on someone and if they survive he just has to tap them once with a auto and they explode from a zed ult.

It might even end up as a lategame ADC item when they have the damage to auto someone down in those 2 seconds, so long as the frontline doesn't have 400 armor.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
PSA: It's Fiora time. Her three strongest in-meta lane matchups have been nerfed last patch or this patch (Tahm Kench, Poppy, Graves).

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I really don't understand why the game needs that item and why Zed got a preemptive nerf but Talon is going to jump close to 60% win rate with it, use his entire combo on someone and if they survive he just has to tap them once with a auto and they explode from a zed ult.

Talon's standard combo already includes an auto, so it's just a bunch of bonus damage on him for no extra effort

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

blah_blah posted:

The dumb thing is that there are at least 3 really good reasons to buy FCQ without the active:

1) The gold generation is insane.
2) It's really cheap.

Saving 500 gold on the price of the item and generating 2k passive gold by 35-40 minutes means that you're going to be hitting your big items 5-10 minutes sooner than the other laner. You can have 4 full items including a RoA and Rabadons by 25-30 minutes in a lot of games.

3) Frostfang is an amazing lane item

Frostfang gives amazing mana regen and a little chunk of AP for 850 gold. It's like a Doran's ring except that it generates tons of gold on its own and actually builds into something useful. It's a much better component than anything in Morellonomicon or Athene's. Laning phase with Morgana basically involves shoving waves mercilessly until you run out of mana, and then TPing back in with Frostfang and doing the same (this can be really punishing in terms of level/CS if they didn't run TP), except that you never run out of mana anymore. When combined with blue buff it's basically 2 minutes of pure misery for the opposing laner.

I think the only way people will stop buying frostfang is if they add a item combining forbidden idol+amp tome for 30 AP/10% CDR/100% Mana regen in the 1200 price range, 850 for 100% mana regen just blows everything else away.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
stand back guys im about to go full SJW *starts powering up*

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

blah_blah posted:

What order do you get FQC/RoA on Morgana?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Why the gently caress are boots so drat expensive

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

^^ It costs me well over a hundred bucks for good winter boots because I have size 14.5 feet. Maybe all the LoL champions are hobbits.

Luna Was Here posted:

idk all i know is you went full sperg and stuff happened in gbs or somewhere, i didn't find out about it until i asked in the anime chat thread

Magres owned some dudes who were being really lovely about transgender people in the Planetside subreddit and one of them regged on here to complain and buy the redtext, if I remember correctly.

Also loving laffo at anyone who uses "SJW" as a pejorative term

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Yeah i gotta wear thongs or volleys for my size 13s unless i want to pay out the rear end but cmon they should be like $20 on anyone who isnt sion.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I have size 15 feet what crazy rear end shoes y'all buying?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Oh right they're also 4Es, that's probably why it's expensive and hard to find them. Even fairly basic sneakers run me ~70 bucks minimum, though I don't really know how you'd convert that to Runeterra gold short of gold being obscenely common as a material over there.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

The Shortest Path posted:

Oh right they're also 4Es...

Oh god, my goondolences. I can usually just keep an eye out and find whatever I'm looking at a reasonable price.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Had a game as Janna where both I and the opposing support built FQC-zzrot-Banner.

Both of us ended the game 3rd on our team in gold.

Zzrot is the best support gold income item.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Yeah i gotta wear thongs or volleys for my size 13s unless i want to pay out the rear end but cmon they should be like $20 on anyone who isnt sion.

Sion gets a good deal on shoes, since he only needs the one.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

"Is this what happened to FOOTWEAAAAAAAAAAAAR" - Sion buying Vibram Fivefingers

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Boots costing more gold is a cross the board support nerf. The tyranny :argh: Also will really hurt people who rush boots 2 over combat stats and cause them to lose faster.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Libertine posted:

Boots costing more gold is a cross the board support nerf. The tyranny :argh: Also will really hurt people who rush boots 2 over combat stats and cause them to lose faster.

Well, at least they ended up with SOMETHING being faster. They got their moneys worth.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Libertine posted:

Rushing boots 2 owns because dead opponents in other lanes are a combat stat

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

kingcobweb posted:

Rushing boots 2 owns because dead opponents in other lanes are a combat stat

I had a game yesterday where our jungle yi rushed 2nd tier boots PLUS ENCHANTMENT before he finished devourer. Guess how many dead opponents he contributed to!

It's a trick question because he went cinderhulk instead of devourer so it ended up being the case that his boots were his most useful item anyways.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

The Shortest Path posted:

Magres owned some dudes who were being really lovely about transgender people in the Planetside subreddit and one of them regged on here to complain and buy the redtext, if I remember correctly.

Also loving laffo at anyone who uses "SJW" as a pejorative term

I mean what I read was him taking some comment completely out of context and banning some guy, then getting all high and mighty and tried having him write a 500 word essay about something completely off topic from what he was even banned for. I didn't know that the guy he banned came here which is pretty lol

Also sjw is no better or worse than calling someone a goon or a manchild or something

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Clarification: boots 2 rush is good *for roaming supports*

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Kalista is interesting.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Lovechop posted:

stand back guys im about to go full SJW *starts powering up*

I achieved sjw 3, its only a matter of time before I discover sjw god. Get pc

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Luna Was Here posted:

Also sjw is no better or worse than calling someone a goon or a manchild or something

Sjw's make it outside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
did you guys know kassadin is super sick and fun

edit: Oh yeah the ryze nerfs went through and he will never be strong again

edit 2 : they are going through tomorrow

stump collector fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Feb 10, 2016

• Locked thread