Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Rocks posted:

Done.

Literally everyone has selected Trump to win except for me :eyepop:

Trump not winning based on what the polls say would be a... surprising outcome, to say the least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Piquai Souban posted:

What's interesting is that he has made it pretty clear that even though his following loves him because it's clear what he is and he's authentic, he's actually faking it. He plans to change drastically as soon as he has gotten his supporters to get him where he needs to go, because how awful would he be if he actually tried to act like what his supporters like on the world stage?

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/697145177501261825
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/697145627243896832

Actually his supporters are fine with this. They only care he deports as many as he can, BUILDS WALL, protects 2nd amendment and negotiates the best economy. The specifics of anything but immigration and guns are irrelevant to most of them, it's why he can get away with having anti-conservative stances.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its like 50/50 those guys were hecklers/pranksters or just actual Cruz constituency people who whole heartedly believe in demonic possession and drew an understandable conclusion.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

OK here's my prediction hope you like it

Trump > Fart > Toot > Tthhhhbbtt > Beefer

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Oiled and Ready posted:

I would have never guessed that Trump was going to run attack ads that were both 100% true and remarkably effective. Can't be trusted.

I want more!

When was the last time Trump did something that wasn't effective in this campaign?

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

You forgot mine, but I wanted to amend it anyway:

Trump -> Kasich -> Rubio -> Jeb -> Cruz -> Christie -> Fiorina -> Carson -> Gilmore

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Team Trump->Rubio->Kasich

Vox Nihili
Wall is Life
Joementum
Jewel Repetition
Xelkelvos
Ramrod Hotshot
Shaelectic

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Gilmore?

More like...umm...Gil-less!

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

When was the last time Trump did something that wasn't effective in this campaign?

Skipped that Fox debate

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
I might overestimate kasich's chances but I think it'll be
Trump -> Kasich -> Cruz -> Rubio -> Jeb -> Christie -> Carson -> Fiorina

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
i want to know how donald trump interacts with common people without being completely disgusted, he lives in a giant penthouse and has the finest of everything how does he talk and relate to these people he meets on the campaign

like when they complain about prices of things are too expensive how does he relate

didnt romney have no idea how much a gallon of milk costed

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Sarah Palin did nothing for him

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

True but i figured his attack ads would be less...like a normal but effective attack ad, as that one was. Isnt this his first attack ad?

Also, as long as Trump wins I'll finally get to see if my theory public Trump support will boom (not polls, public support) as all the Boosteds get to feel like Trumpianism is mainstream now.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

nachos posted:

Sarah Palin did nothing for him

Sarah Palin kept him in the news.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Trump -> Jeb! -> Kasich / Rubes -> Christie -> Sleepy Ben -> Crazy Carly -> CARTAXMAN

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oiled and Ready posted:

True but i figured his attack ads would be less...like a normal but effective attack ad, as that one was. Isnt this his first attack ad?

It's not, he's been attacking people for months and months
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRey9GOjlsU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

skipping the debate might not have been quite the power play it seemed at the time

like it probably didn't hurt him, but it wasn't super effective

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

It looks like the odds of Kasich getting second place has spiked on Predictit for no apparent reason - has something leaked? It keeps going up but I can't find any news about it, wondering if someone got their hands on exit polls or the like.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

evilweasel posted:

It looks like the odds of Kasich getting second place has spiked on Predictit for no apparent reason - has something leaked? It keeps going up but I can't find any news about it, wondering if someone got their hands on exit polls or the like.
It's very possible since we're getting the first exit polls in about 20 minutes.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

evilweasel posted:

It might be because of his google traffic numbers - people are noticing he's the most googled candidate today.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm eager to see that poll, too.

Also hi weaselior

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I fully expect Trump to under preform, but if he does not win tonight I will lose all faith in polls going forward. My best guess is that there's a sobering effect in the voting booth where the thought of voting for a reality TV star sets in and you pull the lever for the next least objectionable candidate. In Iowa it was Rubio, in New Hamphsire it could be Kasich. Either way it's clear, the people who go in planning to vote for Trump but can't follow through....are pussies.

VVVV 574 VOTES FOR GILMORE! GILMENTUM IS OUT OF CONTROL! Ole' Gil has got a fighting chance!

The Nastier Nate fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Feb 9, 2016

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

evilweasel posted:

I actually have the results here and Kasich is not 2nd.

https://twitter.com/charlescwcooke/status/697061386027823104/

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The Nastier Nate posted:

I fully expect Trump to under preform, but if he does not win tonight I will lose all faith in polls going forward. My best guess is that there's a sobering effect in the voting booth where the thought of voting for a reality TV star sets in and you pull the lever for the next least objectionable candidate. In Iowa it was Rubio, in New Hamphsire it could be Kasich. Either way it's clear, the people who go in planning to vote for Trump but can't follow through....are pussies.

Or all their wive's left them and they couldn't make it despite Trump telling them to show up anyway.

Astroclassicist
Aug 21, 2015

The Nastier Nate posted:

But if he wins one state, he becomes a "realistic" prospect, as opposed to a vague hope, perhaps?

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/sep/17/donald-trump-vaccines-autism-debate

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
If Kasich gets second, I wonder what the over under should be for how long it takes someone to bring up the AWB support. 2 days? 3 days?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

The Nastier Nate posted:

Alternately, if he overperforms there might actually be something to the idea that people are willing to pull the Lever of Shame in private but won't do it in a caucus when they're surrounded by their neighbors. Or on a phone poll with a live interviewer vs. an automated one.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:eyepop:

https://twitter.com/brianbeutler/status/697172579128315905

edit: The spacing doesn't work on an embedded tweet :(

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Trump>Kasich>Jeb!>Rubio>Cruz>Christie>Carson>Fiorina>Gilmore

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

It might be because of his google traffic numbers - people are noticing he's the most googled candidate today.

TV is all Kasich all the time right now.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

evilweasel posted:

early exit polls are going to show kasich with a surprising lead, but that's going to be tempered down pretty soon

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Joementum posted:

:eyepop:

https://twitter.com/brianbeutler/status/697172579128315905

edit: The spacing doesn't work on an embedded tweet :(

Makes too much sense to not be right.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Lote posted:

If Kasich gets second, I wonder what the over under should be for how long it takes someone to bring up the AWB support. 2 days? 3 days?

I bet the South Carolina commercials are already produced, and now it's just a game of chicken between the serious campaigns regarding who is going to pony up the money to air them first.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

I was imagining this with the music they play in Kill Bill whenever the Bride encounters someone on her list.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
My Prediction:

Trump>>Kasich>>Cruz>>Jeb!>>Rubio

Time for ThunderDome!

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Makes too much sense to not be right.

My god. Someone call the President.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Boosted_C5 posted:

I'll write in Trump if it's Rubio vs. Clinton, or I'll vote for Bernie if it's Rubio vs. Bernie.

I'm not gonna take it anymore.

:patriot:

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

pathetic little tramp posted:

early exit polls are going to show kasich with a surprising lead, but that's going to be tempered down pretty soon

There was some positive polling for him yesterday. It's possible that even the illusion of momentum for Kasich could consolidate support behind him, like Santorum in Iowa in 2012.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Boosted_C5 posted:

I'd hold my nose and vote for Cruz if he's the candidate.

He's terrible, BUT literally the entire establishment hates his guts, so screw 'em I'd vote for the snake.

Enemy of my enemy is my friend deal.

If it's not Trump AND it's not Cruz, then I'm making a stand this year. NO MORE being a good little lemming for the elites. I'll write in Trump if it's Rubio vs. Clinton, or I'll vote for Bernie if it's Rubio vs. Bernie.

I'm not gonna take it anymore.

To be fair, it's not that the entire establishment hates cruz, it's everyone, everywhere, who has ever had to spend any time with the guy or work with the guy. It's really amazing how widely he is personally loathed.

• Locked thread