Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Though Democrats voting on Tuesday were less apt to say they felt betrayed by their party or to express anger with the federal government, about three-quarters said they were worried about the economy. About 4-in-10 said they thought life for the next generation of Americans would be worse than life today, and 9-in-10 said they thought the nation's economy favored the wealthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

pathetic little tramp posted:

So the exit polls are literally just voter demographics.

I feel like ralphie decoding little orphan annie's secret message

DRINK YOUR TRUMPALTINE

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Only about one-quarter of Democrats said they made up their minds in the final days of the contest, well below the share of Republicans deciding late.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Concerned Citizen posted:

The media has the secret actual exit poll results, but they hide them away. Like cowards.

They're doing it this way so it doesn't depress turnout in any direction for the average voter. Smart people like us can still read between the lines and figure out what it means.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Republican voters expressed deep worries about both the economy (three-quarters were very worried) and the threat of terrorism (6-in-10 very worried). About 9-in-10 said they were dissatisfied with the federal government, including about 4-in-10 who were angry about the way it was working. And for many, the dissatisfaction extends to the GOP itself. Half said they felt betrayed by politicians from the Republican Party, and about the same share said they wanted the next president to be from outside the political establishment.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Anderson Cooper's glasses look awful.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Reik posted:

Keeping-Kosher Jews are out too then?

We just can't take that chance. Gonna block all the vegetarians and those worried about heart disease too. Fear is all important.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Record levels of political polarization is occurring on both sides, with more Republican voters than ever saying they’re conservative and Democratic voters saying they’re liberal.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the day, "I am? How am I doing?" ~ Lindsey Graham, on being informed he's on the ballot.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Jewel Repetition posted:

They're doing it this way so it doesn't depress turnout in any direction for the average voter. Smart people like us can still read between the lines and figure out what it means.

More like can delude ourselves into believing we have insight.

Lyapunov Unstable
Nov 20, 2011
Does anybody have a working MSNBC stream?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

This isn't exactly true, they use them to call winners early but they won't do anything til polls close.

Their predictive power is weak enough that they're only used to call winners early in the case of a blowout. Otherwise they're only used along with early results as a piece of data.

(edit: early being "when polls close", after the 2000 debacle)

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Lyapunov Unstable posted:

if you have a cable account you can stream it through their site

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Lyapunov Unstable posted:

Check out the OP.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
Lindsey Graham is on MSNBC.

Chuck Todd: Why'd you end up going with Jeb Bush?
Graham: Good question.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

You're not going to get the results on exit polls that you actually care about "WHO DID YOU VOTE FOR" until after polls close.

Releasing demographics and poo poo like that is a nice way to skirt the line of "don't release exit polls before polls close" since you can plausibly say you're not impacting the results with their release.

Lyapunov Unstable
Nov 20, 2011

Joementum posted:

Check out the OP.
http://www.stream2watch.co/live-tv/us/msnbc-live-stream isn't working :( is there another?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Meg From Family Guy posted:

Look at the fuckin math major over here

You joke, but it's true.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
http://www.hulkusc.com/watch-msnbc-live-streaming/ is what I used for the last dem debate, seems to work pretty well.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

"There are plenty of self-identified late deciders, especially on the GOP side: Nearly half of Republican primary voters in these preliminary New Hampshire exit poll results say they finally picked their candidate only within the last few days. Fewer Democrats are later deciders, about two in 10."

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

evilweasel posted:

Their predictive power is weak enough that they're only used to call winners early in the case of a blowout. Otherwise they're only used along with early results as a piece of data.

(edit: early being "when polls close", after the 2000 debacle)

Correct.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

http://www.livenewschat.eu/politics/

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Insanely low number of dem late deciders = no hillary upset.

Lyapunov Unstable
Nov 20, 2011

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

http://www.hulkusc.com/watch-msnbc-live-streaming/ is what I used for the last dem debate, seems to work pretty well.
thank you for your service

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Age of sunshine result: Trump>Kasich>Christie

Age of shadow result: Trump>Rubio>Cruz

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
68% of dems identify as liberal, in 2008 it was 56%.

Bernie gonna win (duh).

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Vox Nihili posted:

Insanely low number of dem late deciders = no hillary upset.

Aren't Dem independents also down though? Wouldn't that be bad for Bernie on his side?

I mean we're both just reading chicken guts here of course.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
The pigs have spoken. His veto of the gestation crate bill has sealed his fate. Christie won't make the next debate.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/02/09/wayward-pig-shows-new-hampshire-polling-place/chwdyHFkMG4SlBmsjYoOjO/story.html

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Aren't Dem independents also down though? Wouldn't that be bad for Bernie on his side?

I mean we're both just reading chicken guts here of course.

I would guess they kind of wash each other. While Bernie used to be independent, he's definitely campaigning as the more liberal of the two candidates.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

I'm very upset by the extreme negativity this thread is throwing at the beautiful Granite State, land of brotherly love, moose, and ethnic homogeneity

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Reik posted:

The pigs have spoken. His veto of the gestation crate bill has sealed his fate. Christie won't make the next debate.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/02/09/wayward-pig-shows-new-hampshire-polling-place/chwdyHFkMG4SlBmsjYoOjO/story.html

I would guess they kind of wash each other. While Bernie used to be independent, he's definitely campaigning as the more liberal of the two candidates.

"Farmer reunited with pig; pig's condition reported as 'porculent'."

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

I'm very upset by the extreme negativity this thread is throwing at the beautiful Granite State, land of brotherly love, moose, and ethnic homogeneity

Fun fact: New Hampshire was subject to the voting rights act for a while (you got subject to it if you had a literacy test, which NH had had since it was founded, and low enough turnout).

Even more fun fact: It's not clear that there were more than like a single black family in the districts that had low enough turnout that NH was subject to the voting rights act, and in some of them there may not have been a single black person.

Lyapunov Unstable
Nov 20, 2011
drat I had no idea the Fix the Debt people were still around, and showing ads on MSNBC

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I really can't wait until a state that isn't almost 95% white gets to vote.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Only 15% of GOP primary voters say immigration was the most important issue :eyepop:

Lyapunov Unstable
Nov 20, 2011
when did chuck todd start doing wolf-blitzer-style narration of things, it's weird and doesn't suit him

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Joementum posted:

Only 15% of GOP primary voters say immigration was the most important issue :eyepop:

Did they ask how important "greatness" is

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

"Farmer reunited with pig; pig's condition reported as 'porculent'."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/29/pip-poop-cop-car_n_7470258.html

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011

triple sulk posted:

I really can't wait until a state that isn't almost 95% white gets to vote.

Those are the states Hillary will win :D

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
whose gonna win tonight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyapunov Unstable
Nov 20, 2011

BeOSPOS posted:

whose gonna win tonight?
trump and sanders