Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrownClown
Dec 7, 2007

Will rap for smash leaks

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Unless I'm misunderstanding something politico seems to be reporting Cruz tied for first with Trump and Kasich while Rubio takes 6th.

That seems out of left field though so maybe I'm missing something

1% reporting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Great White Hope posted:

Worst case is probably something like Trump-Kasich-Bush-Cruz-Christie-Rubio, but I don't think it's possible Rubio falls that hard.
Nah because then Rubio is basically out. I think as long as Rubio and Bush are bunched together then the GOP is in trouble because they can both compete nationwide, but if one can win out over the other then they can consolidate establishment support. I suppose though that after Iowa it's necessary Jeb! beat Rubio to even it up.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

BrownClown posted:

1% reporting

That'd be it!

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

The Republicans are going to go into a brokered convention at this rate :getin:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Unless I'm misunderstanding something politico seems to be reporting Cruz tied for first with Trump and Kasich while Rubio takes 6th.

That seems out of left field though so maybe I'm missing something

That's from Dixville Notch, Hart's Location, and Millsfield. NH has a law where if every single registered voter votes, you can close your precinct and report the results. These very small towns all meet up at midnight, vote, and then report the results per tradition.

Doctor Candiru
Dec 23, 2004
Umbrella Monkey Sand
https://twitter.com/davecatanese/status/697196831588089861

:toot:

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

evilweasel posted:

So what's the worst-case scenario for the GOP? I'm thinking Kasich 2nd might just be it, because nobody is leaving the race now because they got beat by Kasich besides maybe Christie, and even if Jeb! loses to Rubio he's staying in if Rubio can't get 2nd.

Trump being way ahead and the rest of the field with no clear winner.

Liquid Communism posted:

That's pretty much it. Trump as a frontrunner means they have to start full on panicking because he can't win the general.

There's no reason at all to think anyone has a better chance than him, and I think the establishment is quickly realizing that. The idea he can't win general is also complete supposition, often said by the same people who said he never would get more than 10% support.

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

Optimus Subprime posted:

Trump getting somewhere between 30%-55% of the delegates (overall, not tonight, duh) probably makes this possible. Still very unlikely though

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Also there's a strong tradition of Hart's Landing being the bellwether for the state's primary winner, except when it isn't.

More than 60% of GOP voters reported the recent debates as being important or very important to their decision.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
Predictit has trump at 95, then the order is kasich, cruz, rubio, bush. Seems about right.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Basically sums up tonight:

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

The dream scenario for leftists is Bernie winning the dem nomination, the Republicans going into a brokered convention, and Jeb! or Cruz somehow getting the nod, and Trump going back on his word and running 3rd party. Maybe Bloomberg decides to get in on the mess as well, and Bernie just rails on all competitors on being in the pocket of wall st.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Optimus Subprime posted:

I hope so

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

As long as Rubio tanks I'm happy

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Someone needs to send the Rubio campaign a clip of the West Wing episode about not engaging a chicken.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The eye candy in the green dress on CNN thinks "undeclared voter" means you haven't chosen a candidate. :rolleyes:

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

MSNBC saying 61% of NH Republican voters approve of banning Muslims from the US just makes me wonder what will happen to the halal food restaurant on Elm street I go to after the gym.

BrownClown
Dec 7, 2007

Will rap for smash leaks

Joementum posted:

This is a good photo.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

cheesetriangles posted:

MSNBC saying 61% of NH Republican voters approve of banning Muslims from the US just makes me wonder what will happen to the halal food restaurant on Elm street I go to after the gym.
They'll just change their sign to say "Kosher food"

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

The eye candy in the green dress on CNN thinks "undeclared voter" means you haven't chosen a candidate. :rolleyes:

Plz don't gender shame the hard working women of the media. Wolf Blitzer probably will state the same thing. :wow:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Joementum posted:

She really does have an awesome ability to pull the funniest faces for the camera.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Legitimately excited at the possibility of Trump winning New Hampshire, even though it's been predicted in the polls for months I think it'll go a long way to asserting that his campaign's real. The notion that he'll just vanish or collapse without a fight if he demonstrates he can turn polls into wins and the possibility that this'll drag on all the way to the convention goes through the roof.

For months we wondered if he could survive even an expected loss in Iowa and this last week showed him bounce back pretty well (assisted by the weakness of the field). The only thing left to see is what Trump Triumphant looks like, and if anyone can ride a wave I think he can. If Trump wins today South Carolina will drown under a wave of Trumping.

If you want chaos and historical anomalies, and of course you do, you want Trump to win tonight.

Kurt_Cobain
Jul 9, 2001
misunderestimated is now a real word

Nothing matters

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

mdemone posted:

She really does have an awesome ability to pull the funniest faces for the camera.

I love that photo of her with the Millennials in the cafe even if I'd be the smirking dude in the middle

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
Certainly completely destroys the whole "if he loses iowa he lost" that was so popular here.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

Certainly completely destroys the whole "if he loses iowa he lost" that was so popular here.

He still might not win NH.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Gotta ride every wave from top to bottom

Feb 24, 2013

mdemone posted:

She looks so sad when she laughs.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

i don't think anyone said that. people have definitely said that if he loses nh he's dead, though

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

MSNBC exit poll showing 66% of GOP voters support Muslim ban

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Zelder posted:

i don't think anyone said that. people have definitely said that if he loses nh he's dead, though

Lots of people said that.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
A very close loss was good enough.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Are you still salty that the Trumpstaffel got destroyed in Iowa after braying how Trump was inevitable?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jesus that is a lot of debates coming up

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

XyrlocShammypants posted:

MSNBC exit poll showing 66% of GOP voters support Muslim ban

NH has more Independent voters than GOP or Dem. Most Independents are choosing GOP ballots.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Optimus Subprime posted:

Plz don't gender shame the hard working women of the media. Wolf Blitzer probably will state the same thing. :wow:
Wolf is incapable of commentary or independent thought. All he does is read the prompter, repeat what the analysts say, and read the poll results verbatim.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

cheesetriangles posted:

NH has more Independent voters than GOP or Dem. Most Independents are choosing GOP ballots.

Actually they're split about evenly this time afaik?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

can you point to some examples?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Fiction posted:

Are you still salty that the Trumpstaffel got destroyed in Iowa after braying how Trump was inevitable?

He's sounding more and more like a Ron Paul supporter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Zohar posted:

Actually they're split about evenly this time afaik?

Well I heard it second hand so maybe you are right I was trying to not pay attention to the person talking.

• Locked thread