Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

I don't even particularly care about it, I'm just annoyed by people who demand everyone should stop mentioning it or having feelings on the matter. Like, the guy stole from people, that seems like a reasonable thing to get hung up over.

I had sympathy until the part about being a normal human and contacting the guy (which would take less effort than mass shitposting) would result in positive communication and a refund.

He doesn't read this forum. You're not making a point. It's not that people don't agree with you, it's just that they don't give a poo poo about it, or your problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Lurdiak posted:

I don't even particularly care about it, I'm just annoyed by people who demand everyone should stop mentioning it or having feelings on the matter. Like, the guy stole from people, that seems like a reasonable thing to get hung up over.

Yea and we're all annoyed by a bunch of dumb babies crying about the same thing for literally half a decade straight. If you read the same thing enough times you get sick of it.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Edit, I already posted this anecdote. Move along.

egon_beeblebrox fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 9, 2016

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ChairMaster posted:

Yea and we're all annoyed by a bunch of dumb babies crying about the same thing for literally half a decade straight. If you read the same thing enough times you get sick of it.

Mlyp

pat
Sep 20, 2001

Judy can pat the bunny. Now YOU pat the bunny.
I could never be friends with someone who still holds a grudge about the cookbook. Sorry. The comic is funny.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I made some galaxy nachos and they were good. I would like it if there was a new cookbook.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Achewood and its infectious love of food is a big reason I got into cooking good food as well. im grateful for a lot of stuff the drat comic about the depressed cat and his idiot friend did

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Speaking of things from the ancient past, I'm surprised an Achewood character was never weirdly evangelical about smokeless tobacco.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

You should just take his $15 and not do what you promised so he will know your pain.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Telex posted:

I had sympathy until the part about being a normal human and contacting the guy (which would take less effort than mass shitposting) would result in positive communication and a refund.

Why should you have to get in touch with HIM? He has the addresses of the people he stole from. Why is it on the victim to make this right, all under the table as well.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I just think it's funny to mention it.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

ChairMaster posted:

It just makes you look like a pathetic internet baby, is all.

More or less than the people who whine about the whining? I guess that's one for the coin flippers.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Disgusting Coward posted:

"They willingly associate with a known thief, therefore they are trustworthy."

haha holy poo poo look at this fuckin guy

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

head58 posted:

You should just take his $15 and not do what you promised so he will know your pain.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I am of the opinion that fire is one of the hottest of the firey elements.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

The Sphinxster posted:

More or less than the people who whine about the whining? I guess that's one for the coin flippers.

hmmmm....nah

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
I am of the opinion that webcomic artists are our betters.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Trusting anyone who works in any capacity in comedy\humor writing is entirely on you, man. Comedians\humorists are basically gypsies.

And regular old funny people? Yeah, I wouldn't trust them either.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

mysterious frankie posted:

Trusting anyone who works in any capacity in comedy\humor writing is entirely on you, man. Comedians\humorists are basically gypsies.

That's pretty racist, dude

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Crane Fist posted:

That's pretty racist, dude

sounds like gypsy talk to to me.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

head58 posted:

That was going to be my joke lmao

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
It would be funny, and even better it'd prove you're not the lovely child you've been accused of being

but it would actually be funny. make your choice.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Tarranon posted:

It would be funny, and even better it'd prove you're not the lovely child you've been accused of being

but it would actually be funny. make your choice.

Who accused me. Taccuse? Why

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

sounds like gypsy talk to to me.

Don't try and jew your way out of this

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

My god look at what we've become...internet comic fans.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Our activities are so... poorly conveyed.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Crane Fist posted:

Don't try and jew your way out of this

I do not want your word-baubles, gypsy. Leave this place and do not bite your thumb at me as you go.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Disgusting Coward posted:

"They willingly associate with a known thief, therefore they are trustworthy."

did you actually get hosed on the cookbook? if so, email or facebook him and let's see how it bears out.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I do not want your word-baubles, gypsy. Leave this place and do not bite your thumb at me as you go.

I do not bite my thumb at you, sir, but I bite my thumb, sir.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

LORD OF BUTT posted:

did you actually get hosed on the cookbook? if so, email or facebook him and let's see how it bears out.

Some people wear the injustices of life as a badge of honor, much like how Onstad must be branded for his crimes.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
EDIT: fuckit

Disgusting Coward fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Feb 11, 2016

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
imagine losing fifteen dollars and then 10 year later you can't think of anything more interesting to talk about

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

IS THERE A LAMP THAT MAKES PEOPLE SHUT UP ABOUT A COOKBOOK BECAUSE IF THERE IS I'LL GET MY GODDAMN CREDIT CARD OUT RIGHT NOW

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Tarranon posted:

hmmmm....nah

Since you are a whiner you don't get to make the call of which is worse.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Is this a good time to bring up my theory that Chris Onstad has been slowly transforming into Joe Don Baker?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

tacodaemon posted:

Is this a good time to bring up my theory that Chris Onstad has been slowly transforming into Joe Don Baker?

Yes. Please continue.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

He looks like the bad guy from Equilibrium.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

IS THERE A LAMP THAT MAKES PEOPLE SHUT UP ABOUT A COOKBOOK BECAUSE IF THERE IS I'LL GET MY GODDAMN CREDIT CARD OUT RIGHT NOW

I WANT YOU TO WEAR THE SPECIAL PURPLE PUMPS!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

DRACULA DON'T GOT A COOKBOOK THIS WEEK MWWWAH-HA-HA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Dammit there's no comic this week you guys scared him away!