Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaly Haylie

Pro Target posted:

p. target here with a 'vidgame recommendation'! if you like the genre of 'first person puzzle game', and own 'half-life 1', please isntall the mods 'half-quake amen' and 'half-quake sunrise'. Ganbatte!

tell us about them wo kudasai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Meow
im a piece of garbage
what is the best ios solitaire game

Pro Target

Lizard Wizard posted:

tell us about them wo kudasai

they are First Person Puzzle games on the theme of 'sadism' that have strange, interesting and deadly puzzles and a unique aesthetic. theyre made by an insane german man named 'muddasheep' and he did a cool OST for both games.. theyre dark and dingy adn cool and full of deadly traps

Pro Target

amen is a lot more experimental w/ its puzzle design but sunrise is the better put-together game. they both rule..

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Hello Meow posted:

im a piece of garbage

This may not be the appropriate genre because it's for non-garbage people, but maybe you'd also enjoy neko atsume?

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Hello Meow
catte b-hole game is rate greight

ScrubLeague

Hello Meow posted:

im a piece of garbage

Churchill Solitaire.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

treasure bear

ScrubLeague posted:

Churchill Solitaire.

Donald Rumsfeld

Gameography
  • Churchill Solitaire

Hello Meow
i dont want my money going to a war criminal :ghost:

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

churchill is dead at worst your money is going to his estate

joke_explainer

Awesome! posted:

churchill is dead at worst your money is going to his estate

don rumsfeld's name is tacked on to promote the game (and apparently he had some design decisions or something? that kind of just sounds like how they are spinning it. it mostly is just throwing his name on it)

https://medium.com/@DonRumsfeld/at-83-i-decided-to-develop-an-app-dadd4e53d342
'I’ve done business, politics, and war. Now I’m trying my hand at mobile gaming.'
'The Churchill family’s profits from the game, like mine, will go to charity.'

so at least your money would be going to charity. if you aren't aware, don rumsfeld was a politician that served as the defense secretary during the early george w. bush administration and if you didn't know about that you should read about it.

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

joke_explainer posted:

don rumsfeld's name is tacked on to promote the game (and apparently he had some design decisions or something? that kind of just sounds like how they are spinning it. it mostly is just throwing his name on it)
he was the driving force behind the game being made and he oversaw development. i was making a joke. silly me

joke_explainer

here he is shaking hands with an middle eastern leader who had taken iran to task early on in the 80s! they're probably pretty happy as they worked out selling arms and giving them intelligence in exchange for messin up Iran something harsh.

joke_explainer

Awesome! posted:

he was the driving force behind the game being made and he oversaw development. i was making a joke. silly me

i'm skeptical of that, but I guess 'donald rumsfeld' isn't the most marketable name in the world anyway...

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

there was a 60 minutes piece on his involvement with the game recently

3D Megadoodoo

Awesome! posted:

60 minutes piece

But enough about my poops.

Afro Doug

if he was going to make a mobile card game it should have been gin rummy of all things, but i guess it's easy to get mixed up when you hear the moans of hundereds of thousands of dead children in your conscience all day

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Donald "rummy" Rumsfeld's Down home gin rummy coming out on the iPhone and android.

----------------

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

Jerry Cotton posted:

But enough about my poops.
"dropping the rummies off at the pool"

9hotonic

(after hearing the library has games , i arrive at the front desk, disguised as a non-gamer)

"er.. im here for some.. book's"
guys i want to play more video games but i don't understand how to see if a game is a good one or isn't that much of a good one

can i please get help on good games choices i can play??

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
I usually just wait until a game is on sale unless I know I'll really like it.

The new (not actually new but only just became available on steam recently) tomb raider game is scratching the metroidvania itch for me. I'm enjoying it.

Mapparu

I've been playing yakuza 1 and I love it. also I'm playing mahjong solitaire and I love it...

3D Megadoodoo

Mapparu posted:

I've been playing yakuza 1 and I love it. also I'm playing mahjong solitaire and I love it...

you like asian stuff :mmmhmm:

joke_explainer

the aliens are bad enough, now I got to deal with giant pigeons? ;_;

joke_explainer fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Feb 9, 2016

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
you didn't spec into breadcrumbs?

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i specced my sharpshooter with all the handgun abilities and i love it

Scaly Haylie

9hotonic posted:

guys i want to play more video games but i don't understand how to see if a game is a good one or isn't that much of a good one

can i please get help on good games choices i can play??

what are some games you like? we can't help you without having some idea of your tastes.

treasure bear

i finished firewatch in 4 hours it was good i think!

Scaly Haylie

treasure bear posted:

i finished firewatch in 4 hours it was good i think!

i'll be honest, that sounds like exceptionally poor value

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

thats like 2 movies. 4 hours for $20.

not my kind of game though. if i like a game i dont really put a dollars/hour on it. that thinking only comes out for me when im struggling to get through something and trying to justify the time spent to myself

Shaquin

I'm gonna weed and play it myself and maybe get a pizza game seems to have that vibe

Moola

Bo-Pepper posted:

i specced my sharpshooter with all the handgun abilities and i love it

the pistol is really cool

like a space cowboy

treasure bear

Lizard Wizard posted:

i'll be honest, that sounds like exceptionally poor value

time spent playing a game has no bearing on what you get out of the experiance

bacalou

would you say worth the purchase or wait for sale

treasure bear

i think lots of people wont enjoy the end. i hate to say it this way but it's pretty mature and subtle

Moola

treasure bear posted:

time spent playing a game has no bearing on what you get out of the experiance

it does for some people tho

Mapparu

Jerry Cotton posted:

you like asian stuff :mmmhmm:

i just wanted to get into yakuza... im considering a ps4 in the future but im not so sure...

joke_explainer

Mapparu posted:

i just wanted to get into yakuza... im considering a ps4 in the future but im not so sure...

Yakuza guy: 'Yeah, just kill this guy and we'll get you into yakuza.'

Mapparu, getting tattoed: '... that... that seems extreme... i mean i was considering a ps4 but now... i'm not so sure'

Afro Doug

treasure bear posted:

i think lots of people wont enjoy the end. i hate to say it this way but it's pretty mature and subtle
i agree. it was very satisfying to find the mutants who were setting all the forest fires and shooting them with machineguns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mapparu

joke_explainer posted:

Yakuza guy: 'Yeah, just kill this guy and we'll get you into yakuza.'

Mapparu, getting tattoed: '... that... that seems extreme... i mean i was considering a ps4 but now... i'm not so sure'