Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

It makes me feel old as gently caress that guys who played Pokémon as kids, just like me, are now NFL 3x All-Pro players :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

seiferguy posted:

Speaking of other Seahawks:

He apparently also has a holographic Charizard.

He's right Dragonite is in fact a "frickin beast"

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Jamaal Charles is nowhere near the Hall of Fame.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

JT Jag posted:

They should put his surgeons in there. They the real MVP

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Febreeze posted:

It's the hall of at least some stats, and the way the league is starting to follow the numbers more means stats are now more important, especially as crusty old voters die and get replaced by younger bloods who grew up with stats being more important. They don't just let you in for being awesome. One thing that really helps is holding a few records and awards, but I don't think Marshawn holds any meaningful ones. He never even led the league in rushing at least once, and I don't know if there is an RB in the hall who never accomplished that. His time in buffalo is uninspiring.

The Seahawks aren't nearly at the level of the other dynasties you mentioned. And if they continue to be good without him, well doesn't that actually make him look less significant?

Marshawn is baller as hell but he's not going in the hall of fame

In a league where the power running back has decreased significance (post-2004 rule changes), Marshawn is one of just a few backs that really stand out. Like I said, its just what I think.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

As Forever_Peace demonstrated in this thread, Charles is basically the best RB of the past decade.

No way he doesn't get in.

You can email that link to Peter King and see how it works out. I'm pretty sure him and his cohorts will be thinking more about Charles lack of postseason appearances and success.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Two things:

(1) Marshawn Lynch is the very definition of Hall of Very Good. His constant middle finger to the media makes bleeding heart memories and table banging on his behalf unlikely.

(2) Dragonite was overrated because of the prevalence of Ice Beam which gave him 4x damage.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

gohuskies posted:

Plus, could you imagine Lynch's acceptance speech, it'd be amazing!

"I'm only here so I don't get fined."

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spoeank posted:

(2) Dragonite was overrated because of the prevalence of Ice Beam which gave him 4x damage.

How can one man be so wrong?

Nov 6, 2002

Thaddius the Large posted:

"I'm only here so I don't get fined."

"I'm only here so I get enshrined."

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Let's not forget that Lynch is 8th all time in playoff rushing yards and has a 4.9 YPC playoff average.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
They let Bettis in so I have no idea how anybody can be so sure they won't let some guy in because of a good nickname and a ring.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

b0ng posted:

They let Bettis in so I have no idea how anybody can be so sure they won't let some guy in because of a good nickname and a ring.

The media likes Bettis

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

b0ng posted:

This. Marshawn will get in. Probably not first ballot but he'll get in.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Metapod posted:

How can one man be so wrong?

Have fun when my Starmie 1HKOs your pokemans.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

b0ng posted:

lol why are you so mad about Bettis? For real you bring it up every single time the Hall comes up

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

alakazam was the best. I always wanted one but could never get my kadabras to evolve

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's because you need friends to get an Alakazam

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Ross Angeles posted:

The media likes Bettis

Did they like Haley or Marvin Harrison?

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

lol why are you so mad about Bettis? For real you bring it up every single time the Hall comes up

He is a great recent example of a mediocre playing being enshrined, didn't mean to ruffle your feathers.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

JT Jag posted:

I will fight you think you may be underestimating him. Two seasons cut very short from ACL tears puts a damper on his volume stats, but even after the last one he runs like a monster. I mean, he has the highest career yards per carry of all time, and has never finished a single season with a YPC below 5.

Kinda hard to say until a guy retires, but I wouldn't count him out. He's mad good.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Spoeank posted:

:boom:

Ross you kinda walked into that one, sorry bud.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Spoeank posted:

Quoted for truth. I remember in 6th grade just about every guy in the class (who was cool) had a gameboy and link in their desk and would trade our pokemans before and after school to evolve them. 6th grade was a great time in life, Pokemon was really popular and we got to read the Hobbit for class and have a "Hobbit Week".

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Out of recent Hall Inductees Bettis was probably the least deserving.

But it helps he went out on top, that sort of thing cements a legacy really well.

But Bettis was well loved by the type of football media writer who votes on the hall of fame. A lot of players on the fringe cozy up to those voters and try to get on their good sides to better their chances. Marshawn hates the media and I'd wager a lot of those old voters probably found his schtick "disrespectful".

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Have fun when my Starmie 1HKOs your pokemans.

You can switch out

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

b0ng posted:

Did they like Haley or Marvin Harrison?

He is a great recent example of a mediocre playing being enshrined, didn't mean to ruffle your feathers.

Don't conflate me laughing at your gimmick with my jimmies being rustled just because I noticed

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Don't conflate me laughing at your gimmick with my jimmies being rustled just because I noticed

It's okay I was just responding to your gimmick as well, we are all good here.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

But real talk what are the Broncos going to do at QB next year?

Here are the options:

1. The Broncos pay Peyton Manning 18 million dollars to play, lose Brock Osweiler to free agency, are beyond hosed in 2017 and maybe 2016.
2. The Broncos say farewell to Peyton, and pay Brock upwards of 18-20 million dollars on either a long term deal or a franchise tag, because that's what it will cost to keep him because of QB needy teams like the Texans offering Brock a lot of money. If it's a franchise tag, team has to revisit the same thing next offseason. If it's a long term deal, well, you just gave a guy like 100 million dollars based off of a quarter of a season of mediocre play.
3. The Broncos say farewell to Peyton and Brock and then ???

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Helloooo Sammy Bradford

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
The Charles dilemma is easy to solve. Remove Bettis and put Jamaal in. He'll deserve it by the time he's done.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Spoeank posted:

Helloooo Sammy Bradford

I thought Philly was still at least lukewarm on the idea of keeping him on, though I can't imagine why. If I'm Bradford I take the first decent deal that gets tossed my way.

What If Richard Sherman Were Ground-Type?

Nov 6, 2002

Parmesan Basil posted:

The Charles dilemma is easy to solve. Remove Bettis and put Jamaal in. He'll deserve it by the time he's done.

By the time he's done that career 5YPC is going to be toast.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

C-Euro posted:

What If Richard Sherman Were Ground-Type?

The Seahawks are a Dark-type team, imo. So that makes him a Sandile or a Krokorok, imo.

NC-17 posted:

He'll be killing it when he's thirty!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Parmesan Basil posted:

The Seahawks are a Dark-type team, imo. So that makes him a Sandile or a Krokorok, imo.

Look at this loving millennial right here

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Febreeze posted:

Out of recent Hall Inductees Bettis was probably the least deserving.

Who was less deserving: Bettis or Dungy?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I don't know poo poo about Pokemon. I'm fine with this.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Ross Angeles posted:

Look at this loving millennial right here

That's the only Dark/Ground type! I had to make the joke work. Now we can derail with questions about which player is which Pokemon! Jamaal Charles is a Jolteon.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

NC-17 posted:

it wont even get as low as 5 by the time he's done, to be honest

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

MrLogan posted:

Who was less deserving: Bettis or Dungy?

Wasn't Dungy the first black HC to win a Super Bowl? I think that's Hall-worthy for a league that still requires a rule guaranteeing coaching interviews for minorities, even if he needed one of the best QBs ever going up against Rex Grossman to do it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Parmesan Basil posted:

That's the only Dark/Ground type! I had to make the joke work. Now we can derail with questions about which player is which Pokemon! Jamaal Charles is a Jolteon.

Can we please not and just say we did?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

C-Euro posted:

Wasn't Dungy the first black HC to win a Super Bowl? I think that's Hall-worthy for a league that still requires a rule guaranteeing coaching interviews for minorities, even if he needed one of the best QBs ever going up against Rex Grossman to do it.

I genuinely thought King had a good defense of it. I don't fully agree with it but I do respect that he gave it serious consideration.

quote:

• Why Dungy? In fairness, I have worked with Tony Dungy for several years at NBC, so I see why you’d find me partial to him. I can’t do anything about that, other than to say I do my best to keep my personal feelings for any candidates out of my deliberations. So … many don’t understand why Dungy—22nd on the all-time wins list, with a 9-10 playoff record and one Super Bowl victory—is making the Hall. A few numbers help the argument: He’s the only coach ever to take teams to the playoffs 10 straight years; his 10.7 wins per year is best in NFL history. He and Bill Belichick are the only coaches ever to have a run of six straight seasons of 12 wins or better. His post-season record? Meh. But in my opinion, Dungy has to be credited with doing the most for African-American coaches of anyone who’s ever roamed an NFL sideline. I see it often in my observations at NBC, as he advises risers or fallers in the business by cell phone on Sundays. And you can’t underestimate the impact of Dungy being the first African-American coach to win a Super Bowl. It’s a layered case that Dungy makes, and I think he’s deserving.

• Locked thread