Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006

"Apple Reports Record First Quarter Results
iPhone, Apple Watch, Services & Apple TV Drive All-time Record Revenue

Results Produce Record Quarterly Profit of $18.4 Billion

“Our team delivered Apple’s biggest quarter ever, thanks to the world’s most innovative products and all-time record sales of iPhone, Apple Watch and Apple TV,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “The growth of our Services business accelerated during the quarter to produce record results, and our installed base recently crossed a major milestone of one billion active devices.”"

stymie - sales are falling. apple are dying. they are in a downward spiral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yep, you were hoping that we'd ignore the fact that iphone production was cut back recently for the first time ever which means they failed to meet internal sales goals

gosh it's almost as if tim's constant triangulation resulted in explosive, short term growth that was ultimately unsustainable instead of focusing on innovation and quality that would result in steady, long term success

edit: lol yep you also quoted tim's damage control spiel which includes such wonderful indicators of financial success as "currency difficulties" and a conspicuous lack of iwatch sales numbers

Stymie fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Feb 10, 2016

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

apple selling record amounts of products: actually bad and they shouldve sold less over a longer period.

lol

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yes it is bad, and you know it is bad and you're not fooling anybody

i will commend you for abandoning the poor typing gimmick, however

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

i would like to remind everyone that stymie was the only one itf correct about the iPhone 6

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

power botton posted:

i would like to remind everyone that stymie was the only one itf correct about the iPhone 6

stymie said that the iphone 6 would be the best selling and best made iphone ever?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Stymie posted:

yes it is bad, and you know it is bad and you're not fooling anybody

i will commend you for abandoning the poor typing gimmick, however

i wish i lived in ur world, where the good things are bad. where doing well is actually bad. must be amazing

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
no i accurately predicted that it would be oversized and bad and i was proven correct, as evidenced by the fact that it was oversized and bad

what i failed to predict was that they would make a second, even more oversized and worse phone

and now apple is cutting production for literally the first time in the history if the iphone because the phones are oversized and bad

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
also, further quick reminder that apple is doing so well that it ceased to be the highest valuated us company in favor of google's parent company (that is basically just google parted out and under a different name)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Stymie posted:

no i accurately predicted that it would be oversized and bad and i was proven correct, as evidenced by the fact that it was oversized and bad

iphone 6 and 6+ both individually outsold any previous models. this is actually bad.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

graph posted:

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/35437

well that loving explains it

jesus christ

who the hell uses xcode?

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Stux posted:

iphone 6 and 6+ both individually outsold any previous models. this is actually bad.

Didn't sell them in numbers that reflect the entrance into the chinese market

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

power botton posted:

Didn't sell them in numbers that reflect the entrance into the chinese market

ahhahahaha

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

apple is the only company on the planet that can keep posting record sales, revenues and profits while keeping an unbelievably huge balance sheet and simultaneously entering and dominating multiple new markets yet still have nerds claim year after year that they're dying

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stux posted:

taken in isolation not necessarily no, but taken in the larger context that they had record numbers of rmas (due to bending with normal use) as well as their successor product failing to meet internal sales goals resulting in an unprecedented cut of production i'd say yeah, they were bad

plus, they're very bad to use if you've actually had to use them

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Stymie posted:

taken in isolation not necessarily no, but taken in the larger context that they had record numbers of rmas (due to bending with normal use) as well as their successor product failing to meet internal sales goals resulting in an unprecedented cut of production i'd say yeah, they were bad

plus, they're very bad to use if you've actually had to use them

whats the source for the cut of production again? refresh my memory

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stux posted:

apple is the only company on the planet that can keep posting record sales, revenues and profits while keeping an unbelievably huge balance sheet and simultaneously entering and dominating multiple new markets yet still have nerds claim year after year that they're dying

personally, i'd look to their flagging sales numbers in multiple categories including, but not limited to, the ipad line and the iphone line in addition to their overall downward rate of growth and flagging stock price as signs that they're dying but i'm just interested in the facts

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stux posted:

whats the source for the cut of production again? refresh my memory

i'd suggest a google search, i've had great success using the search string "apple cutting iphone production"

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
additional reminder that all apple rumors are inevitably true due to tim's poor leadership in many areas, specifically security in this case

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Stymie posted:

i'd suggest a google search, i've had great success using the search string "apple cutting iphone production"

so are we going off the nikkei sourced claims, just to clarify?

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Stux posted:

the same claims that tell you everything about every new hardware release months before the keynotes? ya

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
so is this like the new cremnob

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

power botton posted:

the same claims that tell you everything about every new hardware release months before the keynotes? ya

well i just think its important to clarify, because the same source, nikkei, that the claims of a 30% cut in production on the 6s originated from, also claimed that iphone 5 production was being cut by 50% in 2013 and precipitated a similar drop in share prices.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A Pinball Wizard posted:

so is this like the new cremnob

no cremnob at least has a motivation as he actively wants to boost apple's flagging stock

this is just poor trolling

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stux posted:

if that one doesn't satisfy you, i'd suggest referring to the multiple other sources turned up by the search string i suggested earlier

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

:munch:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Stymie posted:

if that one doesn't satisfy you, i'd suggest referring to the multiple other sources turned up by the search string i suggested earlier

every mention of a 30% cut in production uses the nikkei claims as the primary source. so if we are going off that then what does it mean that the same source claimed a 50% drop in production in 2013 of the iphone 5?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stux posted:

every mention of a 30% cut in production uses the nikkei claims as the primary source. so if we are going off that then what does it mean that the same source claimed a 50% drop in production in 2013 of the iphone 5?

again, if you disagree with that source there are others im not going to do your work for you

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Stymie posted:

again, if you disagree with that source there are others im not going to do your work for you

i dont disagree with the source at all actually. it is the only source, all the others eventually lead back to it, but i do not disagree with it at all. are you going to answer the question of what it means that the same source claimed a 50% cut in production in 2013 for the 5? especially when youve been claiming a cut in production of 30% is "unprecedented"?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
you do realize folks can do the search and see you're lying, right?

protip: just lying about stuff isn't good trolling

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Stymie posted:

you do realize folks can do the search and see you're lying, right?

protip: just lying about stuff isn't good trolling

using your search string turns up the guardian, macrumors, zdnet, fortune, bloomberg, reuters and techinsider on the first page of results, all using nikkei as the source. digging further every single result ive clicked on links back to nikkei either directly or through another news site which themselves reference nikkei. anyone doing the search you yourself said to use will only find reports originating from nikkei.

i am not disagreeing with nikkei, i believe their report is accurate. i also believe that they were accurate when they reported on a 50% cut in component production on the iphone 5. i dont see what your issue is here.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
uh oh, he's on the ropes!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i have an idea: who cares

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i have an ipad air 2 its a very, very nice piece of tech

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

graph posted:

i have an ipad air 2 its a very, very nice piece of tech

same

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

graph posted:

very nice piece of tech

don't talk like this. this isn't a loving marvel movie

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
bigphone and bigphone huge are both poo poo

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
wow cool a page of the two worst gimmicks in the forum arguing

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

infernal machines posted:

don't talk like this. this isn't a loving marvel movie

i borrowed it from iyg. thanks for your concern tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stux posted:

using your search string turns up the guardian, macrumors, zdnet, fortune, bloomberg, reuters and techinsider on the first page of results, all using nikkei as the source. digging further every single result ive clicked on links back to nikkei either directly or through another news site which themselves reference nikkei. anyone doing the search you yourself said to use will only find reports originating from nikkei.

i am not disagreeing with nikkei, i believe their report is accurate. i also believe that they were accurate when they reported on a 50% cut in component production on the iphone 5. i dont see what your issue is here.

my issue is that the iphone 6/6s is very bad and i've provided facts to support that assertion

i don't know what smokescreen you're trying to throw up to distract from said facts, but it's not very effective

• Locked thread